• Marco Rubio

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 24 45.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re right, we should’ve voted for someone "smarter." Like the Wise Sage of the Choom Gang, Barack Obama. His (non-existent) deals with China on North Korea worked so well the Koreans only created a Hydrogen bomb right under our noses five times more powerful than the ones used in Japan and not ten times more powerful, great. We can only hope Trump makes another fantastic deal like Obama did with Iran that they completely ignore, really miss that smart leadership. There is no reason for petty jabs LeBrock, there is plenty enough of it in the WaPost and the Economist for that.

But I do not buy into your psycho analysis of dictators or Kim Jon Un, it’s beyond the scope of anyone here. First he doesn’t need to create an external enemy by butting heads with Trump. They already have South Korea(The US is already a huge enemy of theirs of course) and he controls the media so tightly in his country that he could make up whatever external threat he needed out of thin air without any real world involvement, I mean they believe unicorns existed there. Second, who important in North Korea is left to bring over to his side anyway? He killed all of the countries major military leaders after his fathers death and he went as far as killing his own uncle. Un isn’t the same pleasure seeking mad man as his father either. Kim Jon Il had multiple wives and a large haram. Meanwhile Un has a single wife that he always appears with publicly and he does not attend his fathers harams. He’s not a simple thrill seeker looking for power and he has a made conscious effort to imitate the more prosperous reign of his grandfather(I believe there was a point where NK was growing fast than SK under his rule) and his grandfathers image as a man of the people. Un is educating more North Koreans outside the country and introducing pro business aspects into North Korea which actually challenges the absolute power given to a dictator by a controlled economy. He's been shown interacting with citizens on an individual basis, even on his knees, something his father never would have allowed. These arent the stereotypical moves of a self obsessed man, he has a vision for his nation beyond that of self aggrandizement. At the least these factors make it is clear that he has more elaborate goals than simply holding onto power and enjoying the ride.

It sounds like Neville Chamberlain commenting about Hitler in the early thirties when you try to brush the North Korean threat off. Are you not worried that the North Korean scientists are working with Iranian’s on creating nuclear weapons? Do you understand what this implies? It implies that they can work with our other enemies as well. They don’t have to launch an ICBM into Japan over our anti ballistic missile systems. They can simply sell a nuclear weapon or material to al-queda or even ISIS and have them plant it in a major city without anyone ever accurately knowing who the source of the weapon was. There is too much of an unknown factor to disregard Kim Jon Un as a simpleton grasping at straws for power in his own country and North Korea as a barking dog without teeth. We should consider a rouge nation with nuclear weapons a very serious threat. Certainly not one to be ignored so they can proliferate with our enemies like previous “smart” administrations have allowed.
Ah, and what stopped Pakistan to give the bomb to ISIS? See, it is not that easy. I'm sorry, but this is not how the world works. With today's knowledge and technology every country who wants to can make A bomb themselves. The question is what NK or Iran will do with it once they have it? The answer is NOTHING. It is an insurance against foreign aggression. Same way why US and Soviets never used theirs during the cold war, because they were never attacked. They also knew that if they use this bomb on arch enemy they will be bombed too. In case of NK and Iran it equals with the end of regime, if not end of everything.
In 5, 10 or 20 years I say, I told you so.

What do you think Trump should do to take Kim's bomb away?

Perspective please.
Who is the Enemy?
North Korea is threatening the US (and me). Not cool.
Trump is NOT my Enemy, or Yours.

Mors Tua Vita Mea!

Ah, and what stopped Pakistan to give the bomb to ISIS? See, it is not that easy. I'm sorry, but this is not how the world works. With today's knowledge and technology every country who wants to can make A bomb themselves. The question is what NK or Iran will do with it once they have it? The answer is NOTHING. It is an insurance against foreign aggression. Same way why US and Soviets never used theirs during the cold war, because they were never attacked. They also knew that if they use this bomb on arch enemy they will be bombed too. In case of NK and Iran it equals with the end of regime, if not end of everything.
In 5, 10 or 20 years I say, I told you so.

What do you think Trump should do to take Kim's bomb away?

You generalize too much, like not how every dictator is the same comparing North Korea to Pakistan is comparing apples to oranges. Pakistan double deals but their success is tied to the rest of the world, unlike North Korea which has isolated itself from the entire planet except China. Of course the bombs are an insurance and the situation is very similar to a cold war but you realize the answer to a cold war is not always "NOTHING"? That is the very issue of a cold war, that it becomes warm, its not as if there is a a tried and true formula where all cold wars defuse until the threat of war disappears. If such a war could be contained to eliminating the North Korean hierarchy and nuclear threat before mass destruction happens that would be the best outcome. Also a cold war between two large and globally invested super powers will be very different than one you even seem to believe will happen where multiple small erratic nations built on isolation, fundamentalism and extremism start hoarding nuclear weapons to threaten the entire outside world. We should do something about it now because such a world becomes plausible when these nations like Iran and NK start working together.

In a best case scenario I would hope Trump could convince the Chinese to help end North Korea's nuclear production and take away their nuclear arsenal but that is short of impossible. It would cost an arm and a leg on our part and China surely sees NK nuisance to the western world as an asset and not a liability. In an optimistic world a deal could be brokered, but in a realistic world action will be most likely taken by the US military and South Korea once we realize we can no longer afford the existence of North Korea.

You generalize too much, like not how every dictator is the same comparing North Korea to Pakistan is comparing apples to oranges. Pakistan double deals but their success is tied to the rest of the world, unlike North Korea which has isolated itself from the entire planet except China. Of course the bombs are an insurance and the situation is very similar to a cold war but you realize the answer to a cold war is not always "NOTHING"? That is the very issue of a cold war, that it becomes warm, its not as if there is a a tried and true formula where all cold wars defuse until the threat of war disappears. If such a war could be contained to eliminating the North Korean hierarchy and nuclear threat before mass destruction happens that would be the best outcome. Also a cold war between two large and globally invested super powers will be very different than one you even seem to believe will happen where multiple small erratic nations built on isolation, fundamentalism and extremism start hoarding nuclear weapons to threaten the entire outside world. We should do something about it now because such a world becomes plausible when these nations like Iran and NK start working together.

In a best case scenario I would hope Trump could convince the Chinese to help end North Korea's nuclear production and take away their nuclear arsenal but that is short of impossible. It would cost an arm and a leg on our part and China surely sees NK nuisance to the western world as an asset and not a liability. In an optimistic world a deal could be brokered, but in a realistic world action will be most likely taken by the US military and South Korea once we realize we can no longer afford the existence of North Korea.
Wow, so your (your president) solution is to attack NK and risk nuclear war, just to avoid it?!!! Not mentioning a war with China, NK ally. This is exactly why the world is afraid of Trump, and his electorate!
I hope you noticed that there was no nuclear war on this planet yet, in spite of so many countries having thousands of bombs. Well, no nuclear war after WW2 when US used them, the only country ever. There is pretty good chance there won't be any nuclear war ever, because A bomb is more of an insurance of existence than anything else.

Wow, so your (your president) solution is to attack NK and risk nuclear war, just to avoid it?!!! Not mentioning a war with China, NK ally. This is exactly why the world is afraid of Trump, and his electorate!
I hope you noticed that there was no nuclear war on this planet yet, in spite of so many countries having thousands of bombs. Well, no nuclear war after WW2 when US used them, the only country ever. There is pretty good chance there won't be any nuclear war ever, because A bomb is more of an insurance of existence than anything else.

Cool it with the histrionics, as well as the passive aggressive generalizations towards very large sections of the American public, LeBrock. Also it is not lost on me that you ignore most of what I say and skip to the most controversial pieces.

If I had an easy solution surely the North Korean threat wouldn't be much of a threat and the issue would already be resolved. What I gave was an optimistic and then realistic assessment of what may happen. I would not rule out a preemptive strike against North Korea if it became clear that their continued existence would pose a risk that outweighed the dangers of regime change. We have not reached that stage yet, but I do not see it as an impossibility in the future. Of course it would be a tremendous tragedy though, that is a given.

Cool it with the histrionics, as well as the passive aggressive generalizations towards very large sections of the American public, LeBrock. Also it is not lost on me that you ignore most of what I say and skip to the most controversial pieces.
Sorry, I can't reason, on this subject, with a person who things Trump is smart and rational enough to be his president. Conversation is pointless, except in some instances where you make obvious mistakes in augmenting:

If I had an easy solution surely the North Korean threat wouldn't be much of a threat and the issue would already be resolved. What I gave was an optimistic and then realistic assessment of what may happen. I would not rule out a preemptive strike against North Korea if it became clear that their continued existence would pose a risk that outweighed the dangers of regime change. We have not reached that stage yet, but I do not see it as an impossibility in the future. Of course it would be a tremendous tragedy though, that is a given.
All scenarios and outcomes are not equal and even in ods. We always need to pick the one with best probabilities for peace on Korean peninsula. Probability of Kim starting a war or nuclear war is extremely low. In this case you don't do preemptive strike to start the war and risk nuclear explosions on this small peninsula with 70 million people on it.

Sorry, I can't reason, on this subject, with a person who things Trump is smart and rational enough to be his president. Conversation is pointless, except in some instances where you make obvious mistakes in augmenting:

All scenarios and outcomes are not equal and even in ods. We always need to pick the one with best probabilities for peace on Korean peninsula. Probability of Kim starting a war or nuclear war is extremely low. In this case you don't do preemptive strike to start the war and risk nuclear explosions on this small peninsula with 70 million people on it.

Don't be sorry LeBrock. The only thing that worries me is your inability to have dialog with someone who does not see eye to eye with you politically without resorting to ad hominens and anger. Its a worrying trend especially since this has escalated into violence in American streets. For many of us Trump was not our first option and we voted for him with some concern, but due to polarization we have grown found of him more while others are accepting him even less and less. You may feel it was a conversation wasted, but I will not if you will begin to reflect on this and work towards discussion.

As for North Korea I do believe there may come a time when a strike would be the least damaging option, but I dont wish for it. I also still believe the president has not made our situation with North Korea more dangerous with this his comments.

Don't be sorry LeBrock. The only thing that worries me is your inability to have dialog with someone who does not see eye to eye
I can do dialog, but it is waste of time. I know, I'm not going to change your mind. You want to waste your time be my guest, but I won't respond.

with you politically without resorting to ad hominens and anger.
Remind me what I called you.

Its a worrying trend especially since this has escalated into violence in American streets. For many of us Trump was not our first option and we voted for him with some concern, but due to polarization we have grown found of him more while others are accepting him even less and less.
We?! The 20% who still rates Tumps presidency positively?!!!

You may feel it was a conversation wasted, but I will not if you will begin to reflect on this and work towards discussion.
Read this thread again and find my reflections on Trump. Nothing change on my opinion of him, though possibly got worse.

As for North Korea I do believe there may come a time when a strike would be the least damaging option, but I dont wish for it.
Only if Trump panics or goes comparing penis sizes with Kim. I can guarantee you that NK won't start a war or A bomb first. But they will hit back if attacked, and still there is a question what will China do in this case. Can't you see that?

Last edited:
Vote for a president of USA. 2016 election.

Never Mind #MAGA

I can do dialog, but it is waste of time. I know, I'm not going to change your mind. You want to waste your time be my guest, but I won't respond.

Yeah that's right go back to complaining about Trumps victory in your echo chamber thread for the next 4 years, I wouldn't want to waste your precious time with that. I come here to discuss Genetic anthropology but the political comments from you are incredibly condescending. Get up and go put a tick in the list on your fridge of successful internet arguments if you want too, you've shown your true face here.

Remind me what I called you.

Well for starters you said it wasn't even worth discussing with someone who voted for Trump and claimed the world feared the people who voted for him. Do you thinks it's responsible for a moderator to belittle tens of millions of people and telling them they should've voted for someone smarter just because you don't like the mans politics? How can you be so pompous? I appreciate humor and sarcasm, it's intrinsically tied to debate but there is no need to insult people like this.

We?! The 20% who still rates Tumps presidency positively?!!!

Yes WE, LeBrock. The 150 million or so Americans that approve of Trumps presidency. His approval rating is over twice more than you claim, over 46 percent according to the latest Reuters poll, greater than the number that disapprove by a statistical margin. I'm not sure of the fake news you consumed that told you 20 percent, but here is the cold hard data.

https://polling.reuters.com/#!poll/.../20170101-20170203/collapsed/true/spotlight/1

To put in perspective that's 10 percent greater than The Economists candy boy Emmnaual Macron's approval rating...

https://www.google.it/amp/s/amp.bus...nuel-macron-poll-approval-rating-trump-2017-8

Read this thread again

You misread. I wasn't talking about Trump. I was talking about opening dialog with those who differed with you politically rather than being so full of yourself as to cast them as a pariah.

Only if Trumps panics or goes comparing penis sizes with Kim. I can guarantee you that NK won't start a war or A bomb first. But they will hit back if attached, and still there is a question what will China do in this case. Can't you see that?

Why do you mention genitalia? There is no reason to get crass. You honestly believe China would risk nuclear war with the US over North Korea? They will soon be the largest country in terms of GDP, they benefit more than anyone from the current state of the world and the US, why would they destroy it? They're politically savvy and will try to use the event as political and economic leverage over the US.

Vote for a president of USA. 2016 election.

President Trump defeated 18 Candidates. He Outsmarted all of Them.
If that doesn't make someone Smart, what does?
Trump supporters are diverse, even 12% of Bernie voters voted for Trump in the General Election.
Also, Tolerance works both ways

Yes WE, LeBrock. The 150 million or so Americans that approve of Trumps presidency. His approval rating is over twice more than you claim, over 46 percent according to the latest Reuters poll, greater than the number that disapprove by a statistical margin. I'm not sure of the fake news you consumed that told you 20 percent, but here is the cold hard data.

https://polling.reuters.com/#!poll/.../20170101-20170203/collapsed/true/spotlight/1

To put in perspective that's 10 percent greater than The Economists candy boy Emmnaual Macron's approval rating...

https://www.google.it/amp/s/amp.bus...nuel-macron-poll-approval-rating-trump-2017-8

I advise you check again, it says 46% disapprove and 44% approve according to Reuter, but yes it's greater than Macron. Trump scores similarly on the Fox News polls. Despite not voting for Trump, I hope godspeed that we unite as Americans and be indivisible once again.
Hey Lebrok just curious, what source did you get 20%?

LOL Did you seriously quote one lonely ass poll from February as if we aren't in September and haven't watched Trump hemorrhage supporters over the past 6 months? Talk about "fake" news, or at best, "outdated and disingenuous" news.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

As of today, 90% of opinion polls project that Trump's approval ratings average around 37.8% and his disapproval ratings average around 56.8% percent. Unsurprisingly, you don't know what you are talking about--this is why LeBrok is rightfully (as usual) reluctant to engage Trump supporters.

No sob story, no pity party, no excuses about right-wing/republican/conservative/white/male/straight/Evangelical polarization by the evil left,"choosing the lesser of two evils," "not having any good choices," and "taking a chance" will absolve the lot of you (that either voted for him or did not vote against him) of the HORROR that you have knowingly inflicted on the world and worst of all, your countrymen and the most vulnerable amongst you. ALL of you are complicit and must own everything Trump does. Know that. I am utterly devoid of sympathy for most of you (particularly the so-called "educated") and I mean that from the deepest recesses of my now blackened heart.

From the time Trump entered the cultural zeitgeist decades ago up until his campaign, he was known (with a cascading clarity for those with more discerning eyes and ears) as a stumbling, bumbling, fumbling, inarticulate, incurious, anti-intellectual, pathologically dishonest, narcissistic, racist, bigoted, misogynistic, opportunistic, philandering, sexually assaulting, morally and financially bankrupt, blowhard buffoon. THIS WAS KNOWN. AND CONSISTENTLY AFFIRMED and VERIFIED as time went on prior to being elected to the presidency. Trump showed everyone who he was. You went into the voting booth knowing full well who he was and what he stood for. You own all of his subsequent chaos, madness, inhumanity and cruelty. Educated, middle class, white moderate conservatives that voted for him or not against him are the most culpable as far as I'm concerned--the real problem is that they generally approve of his terrible political stances and policies sans the brusque and unrefined packaging. So, I'll say it again: the whole lot of you own this. Don't feign victim hood when you are called out on your callous, brazen and willful foolishness. No one cares but you...at least, you pretend to care. We all know that Trump says what many of you have wanted to say for some time now. The jig is up!

President Trump defeated 18 Candidates. He Outsmarted all of Them.
If that doesn't make someone Smart, what does?
Trump supporters are diverse, even 12% of Bernie voters voted for Trump in the General Election.
Also, Tolerance works both ways

Trump is only "smart" in so much as he's fairly good at emotionally manipulating the scared and feeble-minded and/or those who simply share many of his crass and crude convictions but lack the honesty or self-actualization to admit as much. And even then, he still doesn't quite qualify as emotionally intelligent as most of us have painfully witnessed over the past 7 months. He is shallow, image obsessed, lacks self-awareness, is petty, vindictive, thin-skinned, and feverishly parched for approval and to be liked at all costs, even to his detriment--these traits to do not signify a high EQ.

I will never tolerate those who breed intolerance. You people need to stop with the false equivalencies. Showing tolerance to those who want to wipe you off the face of the earth will get you wiped off the face of the earth. No thanks.

LOL Did you seriously quote one lonely ass poll from February as if we aren't in September and haven't watched Trump hemorrhage supporters over the past 6 months? Talk about "fake" news, or at best, "outdated and disingenuous" news.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

As of today, 90% of opinion polls project that Trump's approval ratings average around 37.8% and his disapproval ratings average around 56.8% percent. Unsurprisingly, you don't know what you are talking about--this is why LeBrok is rightfully (as usual) reluctant to engage Trump supporters.

No sob story, no pity party, no excuses about right-wing/republican/conservative/white/male/straight/Evangelical polarization by the evil left,"choosing the lesser of two evils," "not having any good choices," and "taking a chance" will absolve the lot of you (that either voted for him or did not vote against him) of the HORROR that you have knowingly inflicted on the world and worst of all, your countrymen and the most vulnerable amongst you. ALL of you are complicit and must own everything Trump does. Know that. I am utterly devoid of sympathy for most of you (particularly the so-called "educated") and I mean that from the deepest recesses of my now blackened heart.

From the time Trump entered the cultural zeitgeist decades ago up until his campaign, he was known (with a cascading clarity for those with more discerning eyes and ears) as a stumbling, bumbling, fumbling, inarticulate, incurious, anti-intellectual, pathologically dishonest, narcissistic, racist, bigoted, misogynistic, opportunistic, philandering, sexually assaulting, morally and financially bankrupt, blowhard buffoon. THIS WAS KNOWN. AND CONSISTENTLY AFFIRMED and VERIFIED as time went on prior to being elected to the presidency. Trump showed everyone who he was. You went into the voting booth knowing full well who he was and what he stood for. You own all of his subsequent chaos, madness, inhumanity and cruelty. Educated, middle class, white moderate conservatives that voted for him or not against him are the most culpable as far as I'm concerned--the real problem is that they generally approve of his terrible political stances and policies sans the brusque and unrefined packaging. So, I'll say it again: the whole lot of you own this. Don't feign victim hood when you are called out on your callous, brazen and willful foolishness. No one cares but you...at least, you pretend to care. We all know that Trump says what many of you have wanted to say for some time now. The jig is up!

Haha! I've heard worse from crazier, write another novel though so I have something to humor myself with later today.

Also the poll was the first result on Italian Google, perhaps Renzi and Page are conspiring with Trump?

Also the poll was the first result on Italian Google, perhaps Renzi and Page are conspiring with Trump?

Naturally. Of course you lacked the intellectual curiosity and honesty to look beyond the first result you found. Of course. Thanks for elucidating my point.

Actually, Wunderlust does have a point. Your Reuter link that you posted was dated to February 3rd. Here is the Reuter results for September 5th. http://polling.reuters.com/#!poll/C.../20170601-20170905/collapsed/true/spotlight/1

I'm on the phone at the airport. I wouldn't have posted it if I didn't believe it was up to date, of course the regulars here would scrutinize it without hesitation. But I think the hysterics portrayed by Wanderlust and too a much lesser extent LeBrock just about completely describes what I'd been saying earlier.

I'm on the phone at the airport. I wouldn't have posted it if I didn't believe it was up to date, of course the regulars here would scrutinize it without hesitation. But I think the hysterics portrayed by Wanderlust and too a much lesser extent LeBrock just about completely describes what I'd been saying earlier.
Yeah, seriously I'd check the link. This is the very same website but in September. It says only 39.1% approve of Trump now I'm afraid. A lot can happen in a year. Now anyway, let's see how Trump responds to Kim Jung Un. It seems like tensions are fuming and another war is something I would not want. We're almost 20 trillion dollars in debt as it is and another war is expensive.
http://polling.reuters.com/#!poll/C...s/2017060120170905/collapsed/true/spotlight/1

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-41155506

Yeah that's right go back to complaining about Trumps victory in your echo chamber thread for the next 4 years, I wouldn't want to waste your precious time with that. I come here to discuss Genetic anthropology
So stick to it.

but the political comments from you are incredibly condescending. Get up and go put a tick in the list on your fridge of successful internet arguments if you want too, you've shown your true face here.
I advise you not to post in this thread anymore if you can't check your emotions at the door. That's an official warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 700937 times.

Back