Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum

View Poll Results: Pick a president.

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hillary Clinton

    13 23.21%
  • Bernie Sanders

    12 21.43%
  • Ted Cruz

    3 5.36%
  • Marco Rubio

    4 7.14%
  • Donald Trump

    24 42.86%
Page 67 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 2137

Thread: Vote for a president of USA. 2016 election.

  1. #1651
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    19,198


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Maybe it's due to foreigners pontificating on American politics when they understand neither America nor American politics.

    As for Obama's speech, it's very nice, as are many of his speeches. It's also designed to allay the concerns showing up now in surveys of suburban areas about the whole "Woke" and "Cancelling" phenomenon which is a danger to free speech and undermines the foundations of American society.

    It's also irrelevant. He's not running for president. Joe Biden is running for President, and Kamala Harris, the "Princess of Wokedom" is his running mate, and he has appointed AOC, the "QUEEN OF WOKEDOM" as one of his principal advisors. The people putting on the Democratic National Convention had the good sense to only give the latter five minutes of screen time for a simple, very good reason: she's the face of the new Democratic Party, and she's toxic to their chances of taking the White House. She'd be right there making policy if Biden got elected, however.

    I don't know why the ads aren't out yet. Maybe it has to do with KellyAnne Conway leaving. She was the mastermind behind the last election. She looks terrible; it must be something awful.

    Anyway, there wouldn't even be any production costs. Just snip out Harris' and AOCs speeches, and the ones like the ones I linked below, the run them on a loop.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOmP6f02HHg

    Homicides in American cities are up by an astronomical percentage and local black leaders, usually ministers are begging for more police.

    This is the result of policies like Garcetti's.

    This is the form some of the "protests" are taking:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSnTTND0UcM

    This is looking more and more like Mao's Cultural Revolution, and I want no part of it, nor do most Americans.

    Btw, I searched youtube for some of AOCs more incendiary comments, and what do you know? They're all gone.

    Amazing.

    Well, I'm sure every right wing pundit in the country has a personal collection, so I have no doubt we'll be seeing them in ads.


    Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

  2. #1652
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    18-03-17
    Posts
    606


    Ethnic group
    swiss,italian
    Country: Germany



    Quote Originally Posted by Northener View Post
    May be it's due to a German writing Germanic thought in English and a Dutch man doing the same, but I don't grasp your point here....
    some parts of the US population on the right, not just the left, do not want a solution and have 0 interest in the arguments of the opposite site. there is 0 differentiation. if you somehow attack their ideology you are a leftist.

    and the likes of Trump and Bannon have no interest in changing this.

    btw what does Bannon actually want to do in europe? what is his goal when he talks about beeing proud of beeing called a racist in front of front national?
    Last edited by Ailchu; 27-08-20 at 21:08.

  3. #1653
    Banned
    Join Date
    15-06-20
    Posts
    512


    Country: United States



    Pelosi is trying to get Biden to not participate in debates. Wonder why?

  4. #1654
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    4,932

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by Ailchu View Post
    some parts of the US population on the right, not just the left, do not want a solution and have 0 interest in the arguments of the opposite site. there is 0 differentiation. if you somehow attack their ideology you are a leftist.

    and the likes of Trump and Bannon have no interest in changing this.

    btw what does Bannon actually want to do in europe? what is his goal when he talks about beeing proud of beeing called a racist in front of front national?
    The point to what he was saying is that people on the left use the term "Racist" to disarm those who disagree with them. Not that they are actually racist, and proud of it. At any rate, if the allegations of defrauding people that contributed to building a border wall are true, Bannon never gave a damn about anything but making a profit.

  5. #1655
    Regular Member shissem@san.rr.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-05-17
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    366

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    G2a-Z726
    MtDNA haplogroup
    K1a4a1h

    Ethnic group
    English/German
    Country: USA - California



    Quote Originally Posted by ratchet_fan View Post
    Pelosi is trying to get Biden to not participate in debates. Wonder why?
    I suspect you don't wonder.

  6. #1656
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    19,198


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by Ailchu View Post
    some parts of the US population on the right, not just the left, do not want a solution and have 0 interest in the arguments of the opposite site. there is 0 differentiation. if you somehow attack their ideology you are a leftist.

    and the likes of Trump and Bannon have no interest in changing this.

    btw what does Bannon actually want to do in europe? what is his goal when he talks about beeing proud of beeing called a racist in front of front national?
    Who said I'm a fervid Trump supporter, or Bannon supporter, for that matter? For the first time in my adult life I didn't vote on the Presidential line in 2016; I just couldn't bring myself to vote for either of them.

    That said, I find that in terms of the economic and foreign policy decisions he's made they're much better than I expected them to be. I also firmly believe that the working class in this country has taken a huge hit from the importation of cheap labor and the extreme globalization of the economy, and I want it to stop.

    As for immigration, I'm an immigrant here, so I can speak from experience. We were on a list for years before my father was allowed to come, and he couldn't bring us for close to another year, and that's with both of his parents and brothers and sisters already here, and the siblings were born in the U.S. They checked him for disease (TB, venereal diseases, as they did us), connections to Communist organizations, whether he had a valuable trade and skills, whether he had enough money to support himself and us for a few months, and affidavits from family members that should he be unable to get a job they would support us so we didn't go on the welfare rolls.

    We went through it, why shouldn't everyone else?

    Once here you have to be willing to assimilate and adopt American values. You want to speak your "own" language at home and teach it to your kids, fine. However, when you go out into the world you use English. You want to cook your own cuisine and have festivals, great. I'd probably go. You want to marry only among your own; that's your right, although I think your children and definitely your grandchildren will have some surprises for you.

    However, you have to adopt American values: support democracy and the rule of law, free speech, freedom of religion, separation of church and state, equality before the law for members of any race, religion or ethnicity, and gender as well. In other words, no Sharia Law applies, no little girls have their clitoris removed, girls are educated, and there is no underage marriage.

  7. #1657
    Banned nordicwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-10-12
    Posts
    958

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I1 (M253)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

    Ethnic group
    European Mix
    Country: United States



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Don't believe the MSM reports about Biden's large polling advantage (August of 2020)... Trump will score a larger vote margin this year than he did in 2016. People here are ANGRY and are about done with "peaceful" protest nonsense.

    In fact I predict Trump will pick up states in the Electoral College that haven't voted Republican in years. And lest you think I'm nuts, I am one of the very few that predicted Trump would win in 2016.

    During the last Presidential election, my local television new affiliate hinted at calling the results early for Hillary at around 8:30 p.m. that night (Trump needed a large chunk of Northern states to go his way at the time). I called the news alert line and called them out... Trump would go on to pull Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, and of course Ohio and Iowa. The woman on the other end of the phone call thought I was a foolish crackpot.

    And I probably am.

    But I called that election correctly while most professional polling agencies didn't come close.

  8. #1658
    Elite member
    Join Date
    23-02-15
    Location
    Groningen
    Posts
    1,131

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E1b1b/ E-V22

    Ethnic group
    North Sea Germanic
    Country: Netherlands



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Maybe it's due to foreigners pontificating on American politics when they understand neither America nor American politics.

    As for Obama's speech, it's very nice, as are many of his speeches. It's also designed to allay the concerns showing up now in surveys of suburban areas about the whole "Woke" and "Cancelling" phenomenon which is a danger to free speech and undermines the foundations of American society.

    It's also irrelevant. He's not running for president. Joe Biden is running for President, and Kamala Harris, the "Princess of Wokedom" is his running mate, and he has appointed AOC, the "QUEEN OF WOKEDOM" as one of his principal advisors. The people putting on the Democratic National Convention had the good sense to only give the latter five minutes of screen time for a simple, very good reason: she's the face of the new Democratic Party, and she's toxic to their chances of taking the White House. She'd be right there making policy if Biden got elected, however.

    I don't know why the ads aren't out yet. Maybe it has to do with KellyAnne Conway leaving. She was the mastermind behind the last election. She looks terrible; it must be something awful.

    Anyway, there wouldn't even be any production costs. Just snip out Harris' and AOCs speeches, and the ones like the ones I linked below, the run them on a loop.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOmP6f02HHg

    Homicides in American cities are up by an astronomical percentage and local black leaders, usually ministers are begging for more police.

    This is the result of policies like Garcetti's.

    This is the form some of the "protests" are taking:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSnTTND0UcM

    This is looking more and more like Mao's Cultural Revolution, and I want no part of it, nor do most Americans.

    Btw, I searched youtube for some of AOCs more incendiary comments, and what do you know? They're all gone.

    Amazing.

    Well, I'm sure every right wing pundit in the country has a personal collection, so I have no doubt we'll be seeing them in ads.

    Honestly when you post on EUpedia even it's about an US subject you get the risk that Europeans react....And yes they have sometimes a different perspective. But one thing is sure at least in my country the US elections are constantly on the news, it's followed very very closely.

    And every time I must smile a little bit when they talk about AOC etc. Because sometimes they when I see some US comments, like yours Angela, it seems like if the the Roter Armee Fraktion is knocking on the doors. That seems a bit pathetic to me.....

    Ever thought that someone has advantage when the Democrats are labeled 'socialist'?

    A few posts ago you talked about Carter, at the same there was in West-Germany a so called Bundeskanzler (=president) a SOCIAL DEMOCRAT with the name Helmut Schmidt.

    He was very fierce against the RAF, just because he saw this as an attack on liberal democracy:





    So indeed it may be that there are differences on both sides on the ocean. But the social democracy has ever been a respectable, free loving, political view!

  9. #1659
    Elite member
    Join Date
    23-02-15
    Location
    Groningen
    Posts
    1,131

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E1b1b/ E-V22

    Ethnic group
    North Sea Germanic
    Country: Netherlands



    A view from these side of the Ocean: the moderate voices are going to lose in the US because the more extremes on both sides are going to fuel each other....trenches-trenches-trenches....I consider that as a loss.
    Last edited by Northener; 28-08-20 at 14:07.

  10. #1660
    Regular Member Salento's Avatar
    Join Date
    30-05-17
    Posts
    4,742

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    1 members found this post helpful.
    The USA Government says it wants to take care of me

    since the spread of Covid-19, I've been living in a “temporary” form of Socialism,

    ... the Right and the Left redistributed my money left and right, the Executive (Trump) invoked War-Time powers and he’s forcing businesses and factories to Do as he says, and Governors tell us what to do and what not to do.

    ... all it took was a Chinese Virus to test the strength of US Democracy and to suspend Capitalism!

  11. #1661
    Elite member
    Join Date
    23-02-15
    Location
    Groningen
    Posts
    1,131

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E1b1b/ E-V22

    Ethnic group
    North Sea Germanic
    Country: Netherlands



    Quote Originally Posted by Salento View Post
    The USA Government says it wants to take care of me

    since the spread of Covid-19, I've been living in a “temporary” form of Socialism,

    ... the Right and the Left redistributed my money left and right, the Executive (Trump) invoked War-Time powers and he’s forcing businesses and factories to Do as he says, and Governors tell us what to do and what not to do.

    ... all it took was a Chinese Virus to test the strength of US Democracy and to suspend Capitalism!
    I say come to Sweden they have, in your way of thinking, lifted socialism during Corona!

  12. #1662
    Regular Member Salento's Avatar
    Join Date
    30-05-17
    Posts
    4,742

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by Northener View Post
    I say come to Sweden they have, in your way of thinking, lifted socialism during Corona!
    We will restore the pre-Covid America, and we're gonna make and keep America great, ... again :)

  13. #1663
    Elite member
    Join Date
    23-02-15
    Location
    Groningen
    Posts
    1,131

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E1b1b/ E-V22

    Ethnic group
    North Sea Germanic
    Country: Netherlands



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salento View Post
    We will restore the pre-Covid America, and we're gonna make and keep America great, ... again :)
    When your POTUS had acted more adequate and alert it would have saved thousands and thousands of lives as many people would have kept their jobs, that's the bitter reality no that of cheap slogans.
    Last edited by Northener; 29-08-20 at 10:44.

  14. #1664
    Regular Member Salento's Avatar
    Join Date
    30-05-17
    Posts
    4,742

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by Northener View Post
    When your POTUS had acted more adequate and alert it would have saved thousands and thousand of lives as many people would have kept their jobs, that's the bitter reality no that of cheap slogans.
    ... not just a slogan, we already made America Great, and then China unleashed its Virus to the World!

  15. #1665
    Elite member
    Join Date
    23-02-15
    Location
    Groningen
    Posts
    1,131

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E1b1b/ E-V22

    Ethnic group
    North Sea Germanic
    Country: Netherlands



    Quote Originally Posted by Salento View Post
    ... not just a slogan, we already made America Great, and then China unleashed its Virus to the World!
    Salento do you only speak in slogans? Because I can't detect the substance beneath it, I know that POTUS likes to make frames but this is harsh reality:

  16. #1666
    Regular Member Salento's Avatar
    Join Date
    30-05-17
    Posts
    4,742

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by Northener View Post
    Salento do you only speak in slogans? Because I cant't detect the substance beneath it, I know that POTUS likes to make frames but this is harsh reality:
    Your chart confirms my “slogan” and what I said, ... POTUS made America Great until the China Virus!

    and about the Pandemic:

    POTUS has no absolute power, he does what he can on a Federal Level,

    The governors of the states are in charge!

  17. #1667
    Elite member
    Join Date
    23-02-15
    Location
    Groningen
    Posts
    1,131

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E1b1b/ E-V22

    Ethnic group
    North Sea Germanic
    Country: Netherlands



    Quote Originally Posted by Salento View Post
    Your chart confirms my “slogan”, ... POTUS made America Great until the China Virus!

    and about the Pandemic:

    POTUS has no absolute power, he does what he can on a Federal Level,

    The governors of the states are in charge!
    Thanks for the illustration...in one thing you resemble the Chinese already, they also had some yells about the great progress during Mao's cultural revolution.....

    Even when the figures were bad the grand leap forward was on it's way. And the big leader was never in question the local governors were.....

  18. #1668
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    19,198


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    After all the riots in Wisconsin, Biden's polling advantage in Wisconsin has shrunk from 8 to 3. Let's see what happens after the ads.

    I haven't been watching either convention. Politicians of all stripes make me sick, but I see there's a clip on youtube of Rudi and the heading is "Don't let the Democrats do to the whole country what they did to New York". That's absolutely damn brilliant imo. If Trump's campaign has any brains they'll run that over pictures of Macy's being looted, people being attacked in the streets, and a montage of moving vans rolling out of the city.

    New York will collapse from loss of tax revenue, and it's going to happen in every major urban center because they're all run by "progressive" Democrats like DiBlasio. New York will become Detroit. It was already happening, but turning a blind eye to rioting, refusing to call in the National Guard etc. was the last straw. People have had enough, and that includes some people who voted for Hillary last time around.

  19. #1669
    Elite member
    Join Date
    23-02-15
    Location
    Groningen
    Posts
    1,131

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E1b1b/ E-V22

    Ethnic group
    North Sea Germanic
    Country: Netherlands



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    After all the riots in Wisconsin, Biden's polling advantage in Wisconsin has shrunk from 8 to 3. Let's see what happens after the ads.

    I haven't been watching either convention. Politicians of all stripes make me sick, but I see there's a clip on youtube of Rudi and the heading is "Don't let the Democrats do to the whole country what they did to New York". That's absolutely damn brilliant imo. If Trump's campaign has any brains they'll run that over pictures of Macy's being looted, people being attacked in the streets, and a montage of moving vans rolling out of the city.

    New York will collapse from loss of tax revenue, and it's going to happen in every major urban center because they're all run by "progressive" Democrats like DiBlasio. New York will become Detroit. It was already happening, but turning a blind eye to rioting, refusing to call in the National Guard etc. was the last straw. People have had enough, and that includes some people who voted for Hillary last time around.
    Ohw yes my intuition says Trump is going to win. Biden is not a wisecrack. Not witty enough. Too old to give a good vibrant reply.
    And the massive mud campaign will roll on. Facts don't matter, images, frames, labeling to the max.

    But the reelection will sharpen the crisis in the US. Like I said previous here Trump lacks empathy to unite the US in stead he is heading towards deprivation, internal clashes, dark clouds above the US.

  20. #1670
    Regular Member Salento's Avatar
    Join Date
    30-05-17
    Posts
    4,742

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by Northener View Post
    Thanks for the illustration...in one thing you resemble the Chinese already, they also had some yells about the great progress during the Mao's cultural revolution.....

    Even when the figures were bad the grand leap forward was on it's way. And the big leader was never in question the local governors were.....
    I told the truth, and your chart confirms it,
    before Covid America was roaring loud,

    and I don't apologize for American Exceptionalism :)

    The irony is that you refuse to believe your own chart,

    ... and there's only truth!

  21. #1671
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    19,198


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Salento, just ignore him. He's just an anti-American t-roll. We know what WOKEDOM is about and what these Marxist Socialist radicals in the Democrat party stand for and propose in terms of policies. They're not shy about giving us the precise blueprints.

    I don't care what people in Sweden or anywhere else who carry that political label propose, whether it's the same or different. I know what's being proposed here and I don't want it, and I take it you don't either.

    It's great he likes his country and its system so much. Too bad he has to be so rude about other people's. Since he is, I'll return the compliment: from everything I've heard about it, and from the view of it I've gathered from watching way too many Swedish movies and tv series I wouldn't live there if you paid me to do it, although that has more to do with the culture than the politics.

    Of course, I wouldn't necessarily want the U.S. judged by its films either, but their's seem to be much more low key and realistic seeming, and anyway I'm talking more about just human to human interaction, family relationships, etc.

  22. #1672
    Elite member
    Join Date
    23-02-15
    Location
    Groningen
    Posts
    1,131

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E1b1b/ E-V22

    Ethnic group
    North Sea Germanic
    Country: Netherlands



    No I am not an anti-American, I always saw the US as a keystone in the Western world. May be that declares my 'sorrows' more than an anti-American attitude tout court.

    As you read it well you will see no critical remarks on Americans as such, I do criticize the view of some US people or the US policies (of POTUS) here. That's a major difference. I hope you can see that.

    But I must admit it easier to label it as anti-American, then you are easy done with that.

    It's great he likes his country and its system so much. Too bad he has to be so rude about other people's. Since he is, I'll return the compliment: from everything I've heard about it, and from the view of it I've gathered from watching way too many Swedish movies and tv series I wouldn't live there if you paid me to do it, although that has more to do with the culture than the politics.
    Duh. First of all I'm no Swede (although in some calculators I come in auDNA close to them ;)
    And I don't say Dutch first or something like that uke
    Nevertheless I experience that the quality of life is on average good here so in that sense it's nice to life here. That's true.

    I wouldn't live there if you paid me to do it
    Relax! I didn't see a crowd funding yet: help Angela to get to midwinter Sweden! ;)

    Nice though!
    Last edited by Northener; 28-08-20 at 17:42.

  23. #1673
    Elite member
    Join Date
    23-02-15
    Location
    Groningen
    Posts
    1,131

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E1b1b/ E-V22

    Ethnic group
    North Sea Germanic
    Country: Netherlands



    Quote Originally Posted by Salento View Post
    I told the truth, and your chart confirms it,
    before Covid America was roaring loud,

    and I don't apologize for American Exceptionalism :)

    The irony is that you refuse to believe your own chart,

    ... and there's only truth!
    I never denied that the US had some growth the last years, but partly due to tarifs etc kind of bubble like, not because the US has (invested in) a strong economy.

    But that is gone now we have to deal with the corona crisis it's 2020 not 2019.....

  24. #1674
    Regular Member Salento's Avatar
    Join Date
    30-05-17
    Posts
    4,742

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    Thanks for the advice Angela :)

  25. #1675
    Elite member
    Join Date
    23-02-15
    Location
    Groningen
    Posts
    1,131

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E1b1b/ E-V22

    Ethnic group
    North Sea Germanic
    Country: Netherlands



    Quote Originally Posted by Salento View Post
    Thanks for the advice Angela :)
    Yeah just ignore..if the arguments stop then that is the ultimate weakness.....

    Who dears to question or even to criticize, immediately: 'who is not for us, is against us'

    And the pretorian garde is nodding.

Page 67 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •