• Ted Cruz

3 5.36%
  • Marco Rubio

4 7.14%
  • Donald Trump

24 42.86%
Page 75 of 84 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 2090

Thread: Vote for a president of USA. 2016 election.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

3 members found this post helpful.

Ancient West Eurasia

Calculator Versions:

Elite member

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E1b1b/ E-V22

Ethnic group
    North Sea Germanic

Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post

This one is interesting too, very clear made site:
    https://ig.ft.com/us-election-2020/

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I1 (M253)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

Ethnic group
    European Mix

1 members found this post helpful.
    All these "what if" maps are quite funny. Here's one... what if the only people to vote were left-handed, color-blind lesbians? Thankfully, that's not how the vote here works. At the end of the day, this is silly talk.

In the real world, Trump has made enormous strides both with the African-American community as well as the LBGT crowd. (I don't think this is talked about by the European media.) Check out the "Walk Away" movement if you get the chance...

I project Trump picking up both Minnesota and New Hampshire.

Biden seems to like making speeches in an empty field. I have yet to see a single Biden bumper sticker or yard sign.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-U152-Z56-BY3957
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c7a

Ethnic group
    15/32 British, 5/32 German, 9/64 Irish, 1/8 Scots Gaelic, 5/64 French, 1/32 Welsh

[QUOTE=nordicfoyer;612963]
    Quote Originally Posted by spruithean View Post

A few things Spruithean... (I will edit each to solidify info. as I have time)

1. Google "Jeffrey Accord"-- he is an operative that was arrested by the Puyallup Police (located in Washington state) and was officially charged with "Reckless Burning 2nd Degree" during the outbreak of the wildfires.

2. Here is a disturbing quote found in an advertisement from the PNW Youth Liberation Front (Antifa)-- "It's been a hot second PDX so y'all better show the f**k up. Meet 7p.m. Move 8p.m. Be water SPREAD FIRE Melt ice." Reporter Andy Ngo covers this development on his Twitter feed. Spread fire? Really?

3. FBI Director Wray testified in front of the Homeland Security Committee (House of Representatives) yesterday-- 9-17-20-- and said this regarding Antifa... The F.B.I. has taken "any number of properly predicated investigations into what we would describe as violent anarchist extremists," including individuals who identify with Antifa. He also said Antifa "is a real thing" (no duh). And most importantly he said this... "It's not a group or organization. It's a movement or ideology."

4. If you get a chance please review the summaries of the FOURTEEN incidences of recent arson/attempted arson in the Oregon/Washington/Northern California hotspot area. See the full list and event summaries found at the Oregon Catalyst. This is not normal. This isn't in the neighborhood of normal.

5. Remember that that young man was handed what he thought was a firecracker by a member of Antifa... who instructed him to lob throw it at law enforcement authorities... the young man did so and it turned out to be a powerful explosive device? My point is that Antifa operatives are using people that are gullible or that aren't functioning on all cylinder to further their own destructive goals.

By the way, I noticed you didn't address the fact that a district attorney has mysteriously released a problem fire-starter who has set a whooping six blazes. Do you think this is an appropriate course of action?
    Well Nordic,

The good news is that Cops arrested the fire-bugs and Mr. Trump has deputized the Oregon Police. Its been Smokey and foggy out for almost 2 weeks at my cabin but the good news is that the skies are clearing up. :)
    Forest fires also happen naturally; either thru a lightning strike hitting a tree or other reasons.
    http://www.borealforest.org/world/in...orest_fire.htm

Ethnic group
    Italo-celto-germanic

The Economist predicts that Joe Biden has 97% of chances of being elected president and Democrats have 99% chances of keeping control of the House of Representatives.
    My book selection---Follow me on Facebook and Twitter --- My profile on Academia.edu and on ResearchGate ----Check Wa-pedia's Japan Guide
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.

Elite member

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E1b1b/ E-V22

Ethnic group
    North Sea Germanic

Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo View Post
    The Economist predicts that Joe Biden has 97% of chances of being elected president and Democrats have 99% chances of keeping control of the House of Representatives.
    Meanwhile in the US;
    https://www.vox.com/21430806/ginsbur...gitimacy-trump

Elite member

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E1b1b/ E-V22

Ethnic group
    North Sea Germanic

Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo View Post
    Debate Biden-Trump the US on the way to become a "Banana Republic" what a deconfiture.....

Elite member

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E1b1b/ E-V22

Ethnic group
    North Sea Germanic

What is all the fuzz about? Ad fundum a bottle of chloride and 'happy the peppy'.

Nevertheless I hope that the US soon will have a better president (you don't wish anyone corona!).

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

2 members found this post helpful.
    President Trump, and the First Lady test positive for Covid-19. Can this year get any more insane?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...trump-n1241771

Ethnic group
    Italian

Excellent, Jovialis. Very informative.

Missing some: what if only white people voted; what if only white people and Latinos voted.

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Elite member

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E1b1b/ E-V22

Ethnic group
    North Sea Germanic

President Trump, and the First Lady test positive for Covid-19. Can this year get any more insane?

Yes because the election still has to come....

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Excellent, Jovialis. Very informative.

Missing some: what if only white people voted; what if only white people and Latinos voted.
    Indeed, non-Hispanic white college educated could actually be mostly Republican.

Hispanic-Whites, like many Cubans, would probably be mostly Republican as well. Especially the older generations that escaped Communism in Cuba. While mostly mestizo and/or afro Hispanics would probably be more Democrat.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

Ethnic group
    Italian

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Salento View Post

This year could get more insane, the election still has to happen. Not to mention the empowerment that certain fringe groups saw after the debate...

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-Z2103
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U7a4

Ethnic group
    Iranian

Democrats gained votes in basically all groups in the midterms compared to 2016. Is the 2020 election going to be like 2018?
    Maybe some of you find this interesting:

https://www.pewresearch.org/methods/...erm-victories/

One of the pictures from the study:
    Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-06 um 17.16.04.png

Elite member

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E1b1b/ E-V22

Ethnic group
    North Sea Germanic

Quote Originally Posted by Anfänger View Post
    Democrats gained votes in basically all groups in the midterms compared to 2016. Is the 2020 election going to be like 2018?
    Maybe some of you find this interesting:

https://www.pewresearch.org/methods/...erm-victories/

One of the pictures from the study:
    Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-06 um 17.16.04.png
    nice designed poll;
    https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...tion-forecast/

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

The 3 most likely paths to victory for Biden and Trump, in maps:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgdhp

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

We will probably not know who the president will be tonight.

I do think it is remarkable that 70% of 2016's ballot has already been cast via mail-in voting. I myself voted early, and dropped it off in a ballot box.

Honestly, I think many people are probably going to fill out the form wrong, thus invalidating their vote. Frankly, I think there are too many steps for people of average intelligence.

This election will most likely be settled in court.

Ethnic group
    Italian

One point which I think factors into all this is that conservative leaning Americans in states like New York or California know they'll be drowned out by the Black, Hispanic, and "Progressive White" vote and don't even bother voting, so sometimes even the national vote isn't truly reflective of national sentiment. So, that builds Biden's lead nationally above perhaps what it really is.

Anecdotally, it looks to me as if people are afraid that there is no more free speech in this country; in this bluest of blue states, people whom I know were Trump supporters went totally quiet in the last few months. So, would they have been likely to even respond to polling calls, much less answer them truthfully? I don't know.

So, I don't think the national polls can be totally wrong: Biden will probably get the national vote by at least 3 percent, as did Hillary. However, that isn't the system our Founders laid out. To pay tribute to a well known phrase: it's all about the Electoral College, stupid.

What will happen in the swing states I don't think anyone knows, and I don't think it will be known tonight. So, I'll go to bed early. :)

Ed. Another interesting and, for me, hopeful fact is that the gap between men and women is narrowing, but also Trump is gaining ground among Blacks and Hispanics. The less division the better.

Elite member

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E1b1b/ E-V22

Ethnic group
    North Sea Germanic

I do think it is remarkable that 70% of 2016's ballot has already been cast via mail-in voting. I myself voted early, and dropped it off in a ballot box.

Honestly, I think many people are probably going to fill out the form wrong, thus invalidating their vote. Frankly, I think there are too many steps for people of average intelligence.

From European perspective the gap is widened the last four years. I hope this gap will not widen further.

A vote settled in court.....my goodness....think about that...

But anyhow better in court than on the streets. Al Gore withdraw his claim for presidency 20 years ago in such situation, we will see what is in the end the higher interest for the one who is going the loose: the ego or the sake of (your) country? We will see...
    Last edited by Northener; 03-11-20 at 21:26.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    G2a3a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    X2b

Ethnic group
    Makedonian original

Well USAers vote for their president,
    but also for the Planet-man
    Hope their desicion be wise, and the correct one wins.
    ΟΘΕΝ ΑΙΔΩΣ OY EINAI
    ΑΤΗ ΛΑΜΒΑΝΕΙΝ ΑΥΤΟΙΣ
    ΥΒΡΙΣ ΓΕΝΝΑΤΑΙ
    ΝΕΜΕΣΙΣ ΚΑΙ ΤΙΣΗ ΑΚΟΛΟΥΘΟΥΣΙ ΔΕ

When there is no shame
    Divine blindness conquers them
    Hybris (abuse, opprombium) is born
    Nemesis and punishment follows.

Εχε υπομονη Ηρωα
    Η τιμωρια δεν αργει.

Ethnic group
    Italian

We've already had one election settled in the courts, although in the end it didn't matter. After the Bush v Gore election The New York Times led aconsortium of news organizations and spent a bloody fortune going over every single ballot cast in Florida (which settled the win in the Electoral College) and George W. Bush won it by a couple of hundred votes.

He won even the four Democratic counties the Democrats had requested be recounted.

The only way Gore could have won is if all the rejected ballots (by people who couldn't follow directions, i.e. no signature, etc.) had been given to Gore.

At the time I thought The New York Times project would further divide the country, but in the end it was a good thing.

Counting every vote is imperative, if, that is, it's a valid vote, i.e. it's a registered voter, signed, the rules were followed.

I'm actually one of those people who think mail in voting could work against Democrats. You have to be able to read and understand the directions. If you moved you have re-register in your new location etc. etc. I see how so many people can't get their insurance coverage correct or follow directions for getting a driver's license, and I've always believed in person voting is the way to go. I don't believe in digital voting either. Too easy to hack.

New York State used to have these big, clunky, metal machines. You showed up with your ID, showed it, signed your name next to the signature you initially posted when you first voted there, or they compared it to your ID signature, and you went in and just pushed levers. No way to get at the vote or change it. At the end of the time, the vote totals were engraved there. They should bring them back. New is not always better.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

Hmm, I think Trump is going to win.

Elite member

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E1b1b/ E-V22

Ethnic group
    North Sea Germanic

All 'deplorables' Jovialis?

Page 75 of 84 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677 ... LastLast