Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum

View Poll Results: Pick a president.

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hillary Clinton

    13 23.21%
  • Bernie Sanders

    12 21.43%
  • Ted Cruz

    3 5.36%
  • Marco Rubio

    4 7.14%
  • Donald Trump

    24 42.86%
Page 1 of 69 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 2137

Thread: Vote for a president of USA. 2016 election.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Advisor LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,295

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    Vote for a president of USA. 2016 election.

    Let's have some fun and see who Eupidia's members would elect the new president of US of America.
    Be wary of people who tend to glorify the past, underestimate the present, and demonize the future.

  2. #2
    Advisor LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,295

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    1 members found this post helpful.
    I have to admit, I don't really like any of them. I voted Rubio, as the one closer to the center, still having some chance of winning if super delegates choose so, and as a lesser evil. I don't think any of them is a good material for a leader. I would rather pick Obama or Romney from last election. On brighter side we have one billion dollar worth of reality show for a whole year paid by candidates and their faithful.

  3. #3
    Regular Member Piro Ilir's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-04-15
    Posts
    1,155






    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    I have to admit, I don't really like any of them. I voted Rubio, as the one closer to the center, still having some chance of winning if super delegates choose so, and as a lesser evil. I don't think any of them is a good material for a leader. I would rather pick Obama or Romney from last election. On brighter side we have one billion dollar worth of reality show for a whole year paid by candidates and their faithful.
    In my opinion Trump is not a real candidate. He is infiltrated by Clinton. . Clinton it's trying everything to win these elections. Trump is a puppet of Clinton. Trump declared that if he will be not the official candidate of republican party, he will be an independent candidate . This means that he is playing the game in Clinton's interests

  4. #4
    Advisor LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,295

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    Quote Originally Posted by Piro Ilir View Post
    In my opinion Trump is not a real candidate. He is infiltrated by Clinton. . Clinton it's trying everything to win these elections. Trump is a puppet of Clinton. Trump declared that if he will be not the official candidate of republican party, he will be an independent candidate . This means that he is playing the game in Clinton's interests
    It seems that way, isn't it. Though honestly this one is destined to Conspiracy Theory dangen. Trump is ambitious enough to want presidency by himself alone, and he could make the biggest reality show ever, and be the main character. That's all Trump!
    Maybe it is a payback for being a laughing stock like this (Warning, it is really funny):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8TwRmX6zs4

  5. #5
    Regular Member Piro Ilir's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-04-15
    Posts
    1,155






    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    It seems that way, isn't it. Though honestly this one is destined to Conspiracy Theory dangen. Trump is ambitious enough to want presidency by himself alone, and he could make the biggest reality show ever, and be the main character. That's all Trump!
    Maybe it is a payback for being a laughing stock like this (Warning, it is really funny):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8TwRmX6zs4
    Seems we have four candidates running for the white house:
    Clinton, Sanders, Cruz and Trump. I hope only Sanders don't win these elections. He looks too leftist. For me personally I hope that the new elected president would stop this new Russian- Chinese expansion. If USA don't stop it now, tomorrow will be too late. The new president should do something to deal with this new threat.

  6. #6
    Regular Member Piro Ilir's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-04-15
    Posts
    1,155






    Quote Originally Posted by Piro Ilir View Post
    In my opinion Trump is not a real candidate. He is infiltrated by Clinton. . Clinton it's trying everything to win these elections. Trump is a puppet of Clinton. Trump declared that if he will be not the official candidate of republican party, he will be an independent candidate . This means that he is playing the game in Clinton's interests
    Above my post of 23 March.

    I still stand on this. Clinton is the new president. The republicans should reorganize or reforms their party. Really, really a strong woman.

    After she get the presidency, for his job well done, Trump will be rewarded with millions of dollars by the signing of new contracts with the new administration.


    This is my conspiracy imagination .

  7. #7
    Seasonal Member Minty's Avatar
    Join Date
    26-02-06
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Age
    32
    Posts
    618

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I am human
    MtDNA haplogroup
    I am human

    Ethnic group
    Asian
    Country: Luxembourg



    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    I have to admit, I don't really like any of them. I voted Rubio, as the one closer to the center, still having some chance of winning if super delegates choose so, and as a lesser evil. I don't think any of them is a good material for a leader. I would rather pick Obama or Romney from last election. On brighter side we have one billion dollar worth of reality show for a whole year paid by candidates and their faithful.
    Every since Obama became president, the middle class suffers, they have to pay for the lower class for something they work very hard for. My aunt and uncle have to pay $US600 medicare per month and the poor pays nothing. This is for US citizens over age of 65. If you are the upper class you got heaps of money to give away you don't feel the pain, but if you are not this is very unfair.
    l'audace de vivre le présent avec optimisme tout en construisant l'avenir avec créativité

  8. #8
    Earl Maleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    22-03-14
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,919

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    EV13 A7136 y18675G+
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

    Country: Malta



    Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
    Every since Obama became president, the middle class suffers, they have to pay for the lower class for something they work very hard for. My aunt and uncle have to pay $US600 medicare per month and the poor pays nothing. This is for US citizens over age of 65. If you are the upper class you got heaps of money to give away you don't feel the pain, but if you are not this is very unfair.
    when we say poor probably its people who are unemployed, who are disabled and cannot really hold a job. Most of the times there are good reasons but you can also get people who abuse a system. What is the alternative? dump people who for genuine reason cannot make a proper living onto a trash heap? or care for those that for some good reason cannot at least be entitled for basic things in life? In Europe we pay national Insurace besides tax that covers free health and many other services. If a person is disabled they get a minimal pension and very often unless helped by charity organizations and family they can easily fall under the poverty lines. Every year locally we collect Millions of Euros to help those who genuinely need help. Mostly helping those who need treatment overseas which are not covered by health insurances both private and government. Why not?

  9. #9
    Seasonal Member Minty's Avatar
    Join Date
    26-02-06
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Age
    32
    Posts
    618

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I am human
    MtDNA haplogroup
    I am human

    Ethnic group
    Asian
    Country: Luxembourg



    Quote Originally Posted by Maleth View Post
    when we say poor probably its people who are unemployed, who are disabled and cannot really hold a job. Most of the times there are good reasons but you can also get people who abuse a system. What is the alternative? dump people who for genuine reason cannot make a proper living onto a trash heap? or care for those that for some good reason cannot at least be entitled for basic things in life? In Europe we pay national Insurace besides tax that covers free health and many other services. If a person is disabled they get a minimal pension and very often unless helped by charity organizations and family they can easily fall under the poverty lines. Every year locally we collect Millions of Euros to help those who genuinely need help. Mostly helping those who need treatment overseas which are not covered by health insurances both private and government. Why not?
    I married an European ( My husband is Half Belgian, Half French), I know how the European system works. See, it is not possible to read all the post on here, you see a post you think you would like to contribute your opinion, you post... do you see my point now?

    I can only comment on the French system, and on Luxembourg's system which is not exactly the same but in some areas have the same model.

    Now, the French system requires those who are working to pay for their students, their unemployed, their elderly people and their disabled people. During their 30 glorious years as they called it, that system worked very well, but now it does not work anymore. Many of my french friends moved to countries like Australia or Luxembourg or Switzerland because their system is failing. There are 350 thousand french who left France and 30 thousand who went to Luxembourg.

    My aunt owns a hotel somewhere in the US, she has a black guy who won't pay and won't leave the hotel. She has called the police many times for help, but because the president is black the police won't do anything...it was not like this before according to her...

    So according to your logic, she should just let him stay for free because he is poor??!!! No wonder there is Brexit....gees


    Now I never lived in the US, I can only say that one man's treasure is another man's trash. We just have to disagree and agree.

  10. #10
    Earl Maleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    22-03-14
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,919

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    EV13 A7136 y18675G+
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

    Country: Malta



    Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
    I married an European ( My husband is Half Belgian, Half French), I know how the European system works. See, it is not possible to read all the post on here, you see a post you think you would like to contribute your opinion, you post... do you see my point now?

    I can only comment on the French system, and on Luxembourg's system which is not exactly the same but in some areas have the same model.

    Now, the French system requires those who are working to pay for their students, their unemployed, their elderly people and their disabled people. During their 30 glorious years as they called it, that system worked very well, but now it does not work anymore. Many of my french friends moved to countries like Australia or Luxembourg or Switzerland because their system is failing.
    Yes the system is changing. Every country has its own way to make ends meet. The standard of living has grown steadily in many European countries so the total socialist system cannot work anymore were many services are free because the government is the main earner through lots of centralization. Example before it was that if an old person seeks a government run care home it would have been totally free irrelevant to how much wealth that person has. Now its standard to have a means test. The service has improved and that person will reimburse the government 80% of the pension towards that care home.

    Its the same with health care. Its not what it used to be. Everybody used to get free health care irrelevant to the income. Its still free now, but they have created deterrents such as having long wait for appointments to non emergency operations (as an example) also there is an introduction to a means test when it comes to applying for grants and certain type of medication.

    My aunt owns a hotel somewhere in the US, she has a black guy who won't pay and won't leave the hotel. She has called the police many times for help, but because the president is black the police won't do anything...it was not like this before according to her..So according to your logic, she should just let him stay for free because he is poor??!!!.
    This is totally different subject and totally besides the point. That man is breaking the law and has nothing to do with poverty. There are no shelters in the US? I don't know. But the police are duty bound to remove him from there unless the owner is kind enough to let him / her for free. Otherwise THEY are breaking the law. But this example has nothing to do with helping people in the poverty line just because they genuinely cannot do anything about it. I dont know how police works in the US but with such a case the Police would refer them to a support agency. I am sure they exist in the US

    No wonder there is Brexit Gees
    Again you are out of subject. Brexit out cry was immigration and the sort of frustration that the EU was making the UK government helpless to control it. Nothing to do with the subject. Brits in favour of Brexit were thinking on the lines that migrants (especially recent ones from the EU that had a right to claim according to EU protocol were claiming social welfare as in housing, dole money and free health being a burden on the Britts themselves. This was silly as Cameron already negotiated special conditions for this not to be possible, but the Brits seem not to trust that. They are even not trusting the same referendum as it seems that no one is in particular hurry to Brexit and rumors have it they might still be there for the next 10 years -

  11. #11
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    19,232


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    2 members found this post helpful.
    You forgot Kasich, who would be my first choice, but it doesn't matter because he doesn't stand a chance. Of the remaining ones which you have listed, Rubio is the least bad option for me as well.

    As God is my judge, if it comes down to Hillary versus Trump, for the first time in my adult life I'll sit out an election. I couldn't bear to vote for either one. (Trump isn't right wing, for what it's worth; he's just a con man and a blowhard playing the xenophobe card; he gave money to and supported liberal causes his entire life. If I were the type to go in for conspiracy theories I'd say he and Hillary cooked this up together. If you feed people's fears and prejudices they'll vote for you even if it's blatantly obvious you're a liar and an opportunist.)


    Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

  12. #12
    Elite member Fire Haired14's Avatar
    Join Date
    20-04-14
    Posts
    2,194

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b DF27*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2b1

    Country: USA - Illinois



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    As God is my judge, if it comes down to Hillary versus Trump, for the first time in my adult life I'll sit out an election. I couldn't bear to vote for either one. (Trump isn't right wing, for what it's worth; he's just a con man and a blowhard playing the xenophobe card; he gave money to and supported liberal causes his entire life. If I were the type to go in for conspiracy theories I'd say he and Hillary cooked this up together. If you feed people's fears and prejudices they'll vote for you even if it's blatantly obvious you're a liar and an opportunist.)
    So true....

  13. #13
    Regular Member blevins13's Avatar
    Join Date
    14-10-16
    Location
    Tirana
    Age
    45
    Posts
    835

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-Z2103>BY611
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H7i1

    Ethnic group
    Albanian
    Country: Albania



    Vote for a president of USA. 2016 election.

    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    You forgot Kasich, who would be my first choice, but it doesn't matter because he doesn't stand a chance. Of the remaining ones which you have listed, Rubio is the least bad option for me as well.

    As God is my judge, if it comes down to Hillary versus Trump, for the first time in my adult life I'll sit out an election. I couldn't bear to vote for either one. (Trump isn't right wing, for what it's worth; he's just a con man and a blowhard playing the xenophobe card; he gave money to and supported liberal causes his entire life. If I were the type to go in for conspiracy theories I'd say he and Hillary cooked this up together. If you feed people's fears and prejudices they'll vote for you even if it's blatantly obvious you're a liar and an opportunist.)
    It seems that you have changed your mind about Trump in 4 short years. It seems that every body share his views of Maga or how to increase the value of waterfront properties using the deal strategies of Trump University.

  14. #14
    Earl Maleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    22-03-14
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,919

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    EV13 A7136 y18675G+
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

    Country: Malta



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Rubio? Is he the one who got back to Trump for having small hands therefore a small penis? Is this the style of how future American presidents should lead the wealthiest nation on earth? - In my opinion Hillary with all her downfalls is the only person that can qualify. Trump is a sad sad story and bewlidered how so many American people can genuinely think he is fit for office.....very worrisome indeed. Another thing that show the political spectrum in the USA is changing is having a self confessed socialist like Sanders running for leader and not doing too badly. I thought socialism was a taboo word in the USA. Seems like not anymore. There must be some valid reason for it.

  15. #15
    Advisor LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,295

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    Quote Originally Posted by Maleth View Post
    Rubio? Is he the one who got back to Trump for having small hands therefore a small penis?
    Yep, really immature and stupid of him. Obviously nobody wants a president with a small penis, lol.

  16. #16
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    19,232


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    Yep, really immature and stupid of him. Obviously nobody wants a president with a small penis, lol.
    I guess he got tired of being called "little Marco". :)

    I think he'll come to regret it. That one struck a chord with men, in particular, and I think it will be remembered when the dozens of insults Trump has hurled will be forgotten. Trump also won't let it go, always devoting a good couple of minutes to it in each speech, "defending" himself. That tells a lot right there. Any minute I expect Trump to come out waving a certificate from his doctor saying it's "HUGE"! :)

    As far as gender is concerned, I couldn't care less whether a candidate is a woman or not. Younger women care even less. The gender problem revolves around Trump; he does terribly with women voters not because they want to vote for a woman, but because they hate him. I know there are women who support him but there's a big gender gap in terms of men versus women where his support is concerned. Just speaking anecdotally, I don't know a single woman, Democrat, Republican, liberal, conservative, minority, white or whatever, who can stand him.

    Ed. This is the context:

    Rubio: “He’s always calling me Little Marco. And I’ll admit he’s taller than me. He’s like 6’2″, which is why I don’t understand why his hands are the size of someone who is 5’2″. Have you seen his hands? They’re like this. And you know what they say about men with small hands? You can’t trust them.”

    Of course he also said Rubio couldn't have gotten into the Wharton School of Business (I wonder if Trump was a legacy admission or his father bought at chair?), and made fun of the fact that he often drinks from a water bottle during debates.

    "Trump: “I have never seen a human being sweat like this man sweats. … It looked like he had just jumped into a swimming pool with his clothes on.” (Trump then splashed water onstage yelling, “It’s Rubio!”)"

    Now admit it, you can't look away. It's exactly like a reality TV show. You're laughing and then feel guilty about having laughed.

    Bottom line, though, while he hurt Trump, he also hurt himself.

  17. #17
    Advisor LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,295

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    I guess he got tired of being called "little Marco". :)

    I think he'll come to regret it. That one struck a chord with men, in particular, and I think it will be remembered when the dozens of insults Trump has hurled will be forgotten. Trump also won't let it go, always devoting a good couple of minutes to it in each speech, "defending" himself. That tells a lot right there. Any minute I expect Trump to come out waving a certificate from his doctor saying it's "HUGE"! :)

    As far as gender is concerned, I couldn't care less whether a candidate is a woman or not. Younger women care even less. The gender problem revolves around Trump; he does terribly with women voters not because they want to vote for a woman, but because they hate him. I know there are women who support him but there's a big gender gap in terms of men versus women where his support is concerned. Just speaking anecdotally, I don't know a single woman, Democrat, Republican, liberal, conservative, minority, white or whatever, who can stand him.

    Ed. This is the context:

    Rubio: “He’s always calling me Little Marco. And I’ll admit he’s taller than me. He’s like 6’2″, which is why I don’t understand why his hands are the size of someone who is 5’2″. Have you seen his hands? They’re like this. And you know what they say about men with small hands? You can’t trust them.”

    Of course he also said Rubio couldn't have gotten into the Wharton School of Business (I wonder if Trump was a legacy admission or his father bought at chair?), and made fun of the fact that he often drinks from a water bottle during debates.

    "Trump: “I have never seen a human being sweat like this man sweats. … It looked like he had just jumped into a swimming pool with his clothes on.” (Trump then splashed water onstage yelling, “It’s Rubio!”)"

    Now admit it, you can't look away. It's exactly like a reality TV show. You're laughing and then feel guilty about having laughed.

    Bottom line, though, while he hurt Trump, he also hurt himself.
    I missed the context, as I don't watch the debates much. Trump might have indeed deserved Rubio's rebuttal. I just wish that candidates forgot about diminishing others and demagoguery, and concentrated on explaining their policy in detail. Explaining in simple but logical language too all, in good narrative style.
    Would it work? For many like you and me yes, however debates are arranged having ordinary citizen in mind, and Trump, never mind how good businessman and president he could be, he seems to be a good salesman and a showman.

    If it comes to Hillary and first female president, I'm with you on this issue. I'm just saying that many people will vote because they want this to happen finally and sooner the better. This might give few percentage point advantage to her over anyone else and cement her presidency.

  18. #18
    Earl Maleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    22-03-14
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,919

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    EV13 A7136 y18675G+
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

    Country: Malta



    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    Yep, really immature and stupid of him. Obviously nobody wants a president with a small penis, lol.
    you are right...it seems the penis size issue has always been an important one in relation to business and power

    renaissance_man_dogx633_0.jpgGiovanni_Battista_Moroni_009.jpgbronzinox633_0.jpg

  19. #19
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    19,232


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by Maleth View Post
    you are right...it seems the penis size issue has always been an important one in relation to business and power

    renaissance_man_dogx633_0.jpgGiovanni_Battista_Moroni_009.jpgbronzinox633_0.jpg
    Someone should do a retrospective of padding in fashion. :) I had friends who used to stuff their bras with tissue paper. Then padded bras and push up bras became fashionable. In the late 19th century women's tops were cut low to show cleavage, and they wore bustles to give themselves more in the rear.

    I used to wonder about the wedding night and the inevitable disappointment of some spouses. Of course, you were stuck. No getting out. Women, in particular, given how sheltered some of them were, had no point of comparison.

    Off topic, but this is a funny story: My mother told me (after I was married) that she knew of a convent raised girl, the daughter of a local businessman, who on her wedding night barricaded herself in the bedroom and was screaming her head off that her husband was trying to do terrible things to her. They had to get her mother to go in and explain things. They clearly should have had a little talk before the wedding. Of course, farm raised girls would have learned the "facts of life" from the animals if not otherwise.

  20. #20
    Earl Maleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    22-03-14
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,919

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    EV13 A7136 y18675G+
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

    Country: Malta



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Someone should do a retrospective of padding in fashion. :) I had friends who used to stuff their bras with tissue paper. Then padded bras and push up bras became fashionable. In the late 19th century women's tops were cut low to show cleavage, and they wore bustles to give themselves more in the rear.

    I used to wonder about the wedding night and the inevitable disappointment of some spouses. Of course, you were stuck. No getting out. Women, in particular, given how sheltered some of them were, had no point of comparison.

    Off topic, but this is a funny story: My mother told me (after I was married) that she knew of a convent raised girl, the daughter of a local businessman, who on her wedding night barricaded herself in the bedroom and was screaming her head off that her husband was trying to do terrible things to her. They had to get her mother to go in and explain things. They clearly should have had a little talk before the wedding. Of course, farm raised girls would have learned the "facts of life" from the animals if not otherwise.
    My oh my...I heard a few similar stories from my mum...it must have always been an issue. Defiantly not a modern phenomena. The medieval girdles come to mind...must have been pretty uncomfortable and not sure how they could breath, but had to look good....

  21. #21
    Advisor LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,295

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    Quote Originally Posted by Maleth View Post
    you are right...it seems the penis size issue has always been an important one in relation to business and power

    renaissance_man_dogx633_0.jpgGiovanni_Battista_Moroni_009.jpgbronzinox633_0.jpg
    My sarcastic remark didn't play well here. I was presenting side of electorate who shouldn't care about "hands" size of a president, but about size of his intellect. Obviously from point of view of a president who is a man, possibly a macho man, well even a gay man, it is a different story. :)

  22. #22
    Earl Maleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    22-03-14
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,919

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    EV13 A7136 y18675G+
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

    Country: Malta



    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    My sarcastic remark didn't play well here. I was presenting side of electorate who shouldn't care about "hands" size of a president, but about size of his intellect. Obviously from point of view of a president who is a man, possibly a macho man, well even a gay man, it is a different story. :)
    Mine is sarcastic too ;)........as you say the whole thing is so childish, i believe nothing like we have seen before. I haven't decided if I should be sad or simply entertained :/

  23. #23
    Satyavrata Maciamo's Avatar
    Join Date
    17-07-02
    Location
    Lothier
    Posts
    9,445


    Ethnic group
    Italo-celto-germanic
    Country: Belgium - Brussels



    I chose Bernie Sanders, although I would have preferred Michael Bloomberg if he had run (he just announced today that he wouldn't run). If not Sanders, then I'd go with Clinton.

    I think that Ted Cruz is the worst candidate (fundamentalist Christian + too anti-government), followed by Trump.

    The New York Times published an interesting comparison of the percentages of lies, truths and half-truths in the statements made by each of the candidates since 2007.

    Here a chart showing where candidates stand on important issues.




    Like most Western/Northern Europeans, I am am in favour of abortion and same-sex marriage and of stricter gun control, so I could only vote for a Democrat.

    Climate change is possibly the most important issue for this presidential election, and here is where Democratic candidates stand.

    Last edited by Maciamo; 08-03-16 at 11:08.
    My book selection---Follow me on Facebook and Twitter --- My profile on Academia.edu and on ResearchGate ----Check Wa-pedia's Japan Guide
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.

  24. #24
    Regular Member srdceleva's Avatar
    Join Date
    19-06-16
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    411

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a-m458(L260)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U4b1b1

    Ethnic group
    75% Slovak, 25℅ American mix
    Country: Albania



    Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo View Post
    I chose Bernie Sanders, although I would have preferred Michael Bloomberg if he had run (he just announced today that he wouldn't run). If not Sanders, then I'd go with Clinton.

    I think that Ted Cruz is the worst candidate (fundamentalist Christian + too anti-government), followed by Trump.



    The New York Times published an interesting comparison of the percentages of lies, truths and half-truths in the statements made by each of the candidates since 2007.

    Here a chart showing where candidates stand on important issues.




    Like most Western/Northern Europeans, I am am in favour of abortion and same-sex marriage and of stricter gun control, so I could only vote for a Democrat.

    Climate change is possibly the most important issue for this presidential election, and here is where Democratic candidates stand.

    im pretty sure Trump said hes not against gay marraige or that he wouldnt fight to change the law

  25. #25
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    12-11-18
    Posts
    1


    Country: USA - California



    1 members found this post helpful.
    I'm new here, and I agree with you 100%. We are now 2 years after the elections and we are suffering the consequences of that election. I would have voted for Bernie Sanders or at least Hillary Clinton without a doubt. We just elected a Democrat Congress and I'm confident that we'll be safer for the next two years.

Page 1 of 69 1231151 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •