• Marco Rubio

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 24 45.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, good for you! I liked some of his policies too but deplored the man and all his enablers. But I got to give the man credit for inadvertently showing us that our constitution has major holes that need to be plugged up. It was written when people were gentlemanly and real patriots and not delusional megalomaniacs. But I do not blame him, I blame his followers and cynical enablers. I also blame the mainstream media, not just Fox for giving him a platform. He was a wonderful rabble rouser so they can sell their manufactured outrage.

As for me, I am a straight down the middle of the road. I have actually voted republican quite a few times when the republicans stood for something. When the party was taken over by the Limbaughs of the world I registered as an independent and have been an independent since.

As far as BLM is concerned I condemn violence of any kind, including BLM, Antifa and that of the police. But as I pointed out during the Antifa riots the place had enough heavily armed National Guardsmen to repel a mini invasion. Where were they on Friday? Why were they not allowed to be armed? Why did Pence have to call them in instead of Trump?

Indeed. IMO this goes beyond left vs right, republican vs democrat....the parliamentary democracy is at stake!

... the vast majority of the about 75 million Trump-Pence ticket voters are totally against the storming of Congress.

... everyone knows that rhetorical political speeches are not meant to be taken literally, ... Politicians of all ideological colors do it.

... imo the main reason Congress was breached is the constant lack of security.

The security details between White House and Congress are not only visible, but also obvious

no photography sign :)
open door of the Speaker of the House, ... no people, no security (though, I’m people too, ... I think)

That's very downsizing.
Face it Salento, 'words do matter' as your almost new president has said.
During the inauguration there are 25.000 military people in DC more than there are in Iraq.
This has signs of a civil war...

That's very downsizing.
Face it Salento, 'words do matter' as your almost new president has said.
During the inauguration there are 25.000 military people in DC more than there are in Iraq.
This has signs of a civil war...

... those are Weekend Warriors (National Guard), ... not to be confused with the Armed Forces of the United States, ... though generally both Patriots.

... regardless, the massive show of force is due to over precaution, just to prevent the shameful repeat of recent events.

I just read there are threats against Trump's life as well, although I'm sure there were many over the last four years. Maybe Maxine Waters should be charged with incitement to violence.

... those are Weekend Warriors (National Guard), ... not to be confused with the Armed Forces of the United States, ... though generally both Patriots.

... regardless, the massive show of force is due to over precaution, just to prevent the shameful repeat of recent events.
Ironically the majority of them voted for Trump,
but they're there to defend the Constitution and to provide a peaceful transfer of power.

... and that's what I expect to happen even though I disagree with the new President's ideas,
but he'll be my new President and I respect the President's Office,

... political disagreement does not make us enemies,

I believe the new President Loves the Country, just as much the previous President.

Ironically the majority of them voted for Trump,
but they're there to defend the Constitution and to provide a peaceful transfer of power.

... and that's what I expect to happen even though I disagree with the new President's ideas,
but he'll be my new President and I respect the President's Office,

... political disagreement does not make us enemies,

I believe the new President Loves the Country, just as much the previous President.

That's more than irony because the FBI said to screen the members of the National Guard.

I wish I would have your 'light approach' about this things. I have a kind of (über) serious approach....

If I had voted for Trump right know I would shame myself very deeply, because his obvious authoritarian way of acting, the constant spin (fraud, fraud, fraud about 2/3 of the Republicans still think the election is stolen even if all cases in this matter are lost) and firing up the mob.

But obviously some say what the heck the weather is nice ;) ....so were's the problem. Ok that's an approach too....

Last edited:
That's more than irony because the FBI said to screen the members of the National Guard.

I wish I would have you 'light approach' about this things. I have a kind of (über) serious approach....

If I had voted for Trump right know I would shame myself very deeply, because his obvious authoritarian way of acting, the constant spin (fraud, fraud, fraud about 2/3 of the Republicans still think the election is stolen even if all cases in this matter are lost) and firing up the mob.

But obviously some say what the heck the weather is nice ;) ....so were's the problem. Ok that's an approach too....

... Theoretical-You that voted for Trump should walk with his head held high,
... Trump said to peacefully protest,
... Theoretical-You didn't storm the Capitol, and he wasn't there,
... and I don't think Trump wants to do a Coup at all!

If that's the case, ... these people must be so happy with Uncle Joe's sharp mental state :rolleyes:

Last edited:
... Theoretical-You that voted for Trump should walk with his head held high,
... Trump said to peacefully protest,
... Theoretical-You didn't storm the Capitol, and he wasn't there,
... and I don't think Trump wants to do a Coup at all!

Strange....
Mc Connell until last week one of the major and very influential Trump supporters....a quote from Fox News today:
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., placed blame on President Trump for the riot at the Capitol on Jan. 6 that left five people dead, including a Capitol police officer.
McConnell addressed the insurrection during a floor speech Tuesday afternoon and said Trump "provoked" the mob that tried to use "fear and violence" to stop the Joint Session of Congress from certifying President-elect Joe Biden's win.

"The mob was fed lies," McConnell said. "They were provoked by the president and other powerful people.""...But we pressed on. We stood together and said an angry mob would not get veto power over the rule of law in our nation, not even for one night.

[video]https://www.foxnews.com/category/person/mitch-mcconnell[/video]

You're “free” to believe you have moral superiority over me, and I’m free to reject this notion.

... imho some of you enjoy throwing jabs at the United States and resent its super power status,

... the US is a free and tolerant Nation, and America is still able to keep the Rising Powers at bay,
... if they get the chance, those Rising Powers will crush you like a bug,

... you’re free to thanks America if you choose to do so, ... or trash it.

... I doubt that other powers would give you a choice to dissent.

You're “free” to believe you have moral superiority over me, and I’m free to reject this notion.

... imho some of you enjoy throwing jabs at the United States and resent its super power status,

... the US is a free and tolerant Nation, and America is still able to keep the Rising Powers at bay,

I only wish I could give you many upvotes. :)

As I said on another thread, it's all jealousy mixed with anger at their dependent, second rate status, instead of gratitude they're not all speaking German or Russian and living in a real totalitarian state. The next danger will be China, and in my opinion, let them fend for themselves for once. Christ, they couldn't even stop the war in the Balkans and all the atrocities that were going on.

It amazes me how foreigners think they know the nuances of American public opinion and political processes.

I'm done discussing it with them; there's nothing to learn, no opportunity to grow closer in understanding. You might as well try to debate with AOC (whom they're keeping muzzled for awhile) or BLM people or Antifa in Seattle. It's a waste of time.

Over and out fellow patriot. Let's hope and pray our new president will listen to good counsel, not to people like that, or to his opportunistic vice president for that matter.

I only wish I could give you many upvotes. :)

As I said on another thread, it's all jealousy mixed with anger at their dependent, second rate status, instead of gratitude they're not all speaking German or Russian and living in a real totalitarian state. The next danger will be China, and in my opinion, let them fend for themselves for once. Christ, they couldn't even stop the war in the Balkans and all the atrocities that were going on.

It amazes me how foreigners think they know the nuances of American public opinion and political processes.

I'm done discussing it with them; there's nothing to learn, no opportunity to grow closer in understanding. You might as well try to debate with AOC (whom they're keeping muzzled for awhile) or BLM people or Antifa in Seattle. It's a waste of time.

Over and out fellow patriot. Let's hope and pray our new president will listen to good counsel, not to people like that, or to his opportunistic vice president for that matter.

thanks Angela,

Political debate is no longer political when they question the mental health and morality of half of the American population, and the transition into attacks to our character, shows something much darker hidden in the innuendos of their arguments.

Yes I guess this was aimed at the Romanian guy. This is a EU kind of forum so you will meet a diversity of opinions and notions from all over the EU that's not weird IMO. You can expect that from a EU based and orientated forum.

As to free and tolerant nation. That's very much the notion American themselves do have. And I support this, of course. My country the Netherlands has one of the oldest ties with the US, the Dutch lent money to the embryonal US. And the founding fathers looked at the Dutch declaration of independence. Up to now the ties are close (Dutch companies are still big investors in the US).

But it were exact those democratic values that were at stake at 6. jan......this goes beyond left and right, democrat or republican.

McConnell goes on the distance towards Trump, he knows very well that the road Trump has taken will only lead to an extreme fringe....dead end street?

Last edited:
... whatever ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 700884 times.

Back