• Marco Rubio

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 24 45.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not surprised. He's not a real conservative that's for sure. He's pro-gay, was or is pro-abortion. He made himself appear to be very conservative to get votes and the liberal media fell for his trick more than conservative voters did. Their exaggeration of his right wingness is what won him the election. As I expressed earlier I'm happy he won not because of who is but because of who the people who hate him are. Now I look forward to see what he does as President and especially how people will react.
Let me get it straight, with premeditation you elected a liberal cheater as a leader of your country to hurt people, people who hated him for being two faced liar and cheater?!!! We can also put it this way. You endangered prosperity and future of your country electing a cheater (shooting yourself in a leg sort to speak), to teach others a lessen.
Brilliant.

How about for running full page ad in newspapers accusing Central Park 5 and demanding death penalty for them, 5 black guys? The worst part is that he never apologized or changed his mind in face of genetic evidence proving them innocent.
How about for saying that he would never let black people to count his money, only Jews?
How about accusing a judge for being partial because he was a Mexican?
Maybe he just doesn't want to politically correct, right?

What if these are all just words to satisfy a segment of the electorate and get the necessary votes. Trump strikes me first as an opportunist, more than a convinced xenophobe.

What if these are all just words to satisfy a segment of the electorate and get the necessary votes. Trump strikes me first as an opportunist, more than a convinced xenophobe.

This is exactly right.

He said whatever it took to accumulate votes in middle America.

Does anybody really believe that a self-regarding, thin-skinned billionaire like Trump with worldwide economic interests really cares about the little man or woman in rustbelt Ohio or the rural Midwest?

This is why calling someone a racist will soon have no meaning. I can remember someone assuming that an ancient banker was probably Jewish because, well, I don't know, I guess because all Jews are bankers or all bankers are Jews? Was that person a racist? I absolutely don't believe that.

We have had a very long history in this country of what used to be called "ethnic" humor, usually traded between men. In those jokes, the Italians are mobsters, you pick Jews as your accountants, the Irish are usually drunk, and it takes five Poles to screw in a light bulb. Now, am I the kind of person who indulges in that kind of humor? No, I'm not. I think trading on stereotypes is a sign of lazy thinking. Plus, I'm sensitive to the fact that some people might be offended. On the other hand, I never thought that people who told those kinds of jokes were monsters who wanted to hurt or take away the rights of the people they were mocking. Nowadays, in this ultra PC world, people are afraid to make those kinds of jokes, so much so that comedians, including a lot of black comedians, say they're no longer interested in performing on college campuses.

You can't possibly think that Trump, whose daughter Ivanka married a Jew, converted to Judaism herself, and is raising her children as Jews is anti-Semitic?

As for the ad in the paper, would it have been ok if they were guilty? Would it have been ok if the alleged perpetrators were white? I can't look into his heart, so I don't know if his outrage would have been the same if men from some white motorcycle group had gang raped a young woman. Maybe I tend to think other people are like me. It would have made absolutely no difference to me. The law doesn't allow it, but my instinct in these cases has always been for castration if I'm to be truthful.

The comment about the judge with Mexican ancestry was stupid (he may have to go before the same judge multiple times), immature, impulsive, and spiteful. It's a good example of why I don't think he has the judgment to be president. However, does it prove he's a racist? What does that even mean in that context? He's not saying he's not competent because he's Mexican, he's suggesting that maybe given that Trump wants to build a wall, and at that point was talking about deportations, this judge of Mexican ancestry might be letting his personal feelings influence him. Now, I'll guarantee you that I know more about judges than anyone here. Most of them try very hard to be objective, but not all, and even those that try don't always succeed. Heck, I know a defense lawyer who became a judge and because he feels so badly about all the guilty people he helped set free he always leans on the side of the prosecution. So, like I said, stupid, yes, racist is a stretch.

Look I don't want to turn into an apologist for a man I couldn't vote for and whose election makes me very nervous, but calling someone a racist should be reserved for those people whom we can know pretty convincingly wish to deny equal rights to other citizens based on their color, ethnic origin or religion...people like the David Dukes of the world, people like Senator Byrd, who was a card carrying member of the KKK, and yet whom Hillary Clinton eulogized, or the disgusting hypocrites like Strom Thurmond who voted again and again for segregation, but fathered a half black child. Otherwise, pretty soon that word won't mean anything at all.

@Vallicanus,

I don't know, did you believe that Jack and Bobby Kennedy wished sincerely to help poor, oppressed black people?

@davef,

You can see some of the break downs in this New York Times analysis. It shows the swings from '04 to today:

"Based on exit polls, Mr. Trump did significantly better than his predecessors among whites without college degrees. Whites with college degrees have favored Republicans in recent elections. They shifted toward Hillary Clinton in 2016, though Mr. Trump still won the group."

For the latter it looks like +12 down to +4.

Those making less than 50,000 voted for the Democrats overwhelmingly, and those making over 200,000 also voted for her but by smaller margins. Those in between it's closer to even.

"
African-Americans, Hispanics and Asian-Americans overwhelmingly backed Mrs. Clinton, but their level of support for her was less than their support of President Obama four years ago. At the same time, Mr. Trump’s support among whites was slightly more or equal to recent Republican nominees."

Trump gained among men and his female support barely moved the needle.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/11/08/us/elections/exit-poll-analysis.html

@Vallicanus,

I don't know, did you believe that Jack and Bobby Kennedy wished sincerely to help poor, oppressed black people?

Of course not, so it always amazes me how voters always believe whatever politicians promise them.

To go from harping on about "crooked Hillary" to thanking Hillary Clinton for her services to the USA...
This should ring alarm bells among even his most unthinking followers.
He's won the election so he doesn't require the "little man or woman" any longer.

Globalization has killed the middel-class.

I agree with that,
and that is disastrous for western civilization, cause healthy democracy whith out middle class is atopon,

First the Greek ΟΧΙ referendum which becomes YES
Then BrExit which still .....
Then the NO to CETA and TTIP by Walonnes
and the now the isolationist Trump,
Do you think Trump can stop it?
hm, Well if next is Le Pen in France, surely it is a clear demand of Western world people, to stop this stupid road that West moves on.

ALL OVER THE WORLD THE WESTERN PEOPLE SAY NO TO GLOBALIZATION
But Globalization and TTIP is moving on.

PS
I still believe in EU idea,
but we need ideas and time and peoples acceptance to achieve Europe for Europeans, instead of corporations.
either is fail.

Let me get it straight, with premeditation you elected a liberal cheater as a leader of your country to hurt people, people who hated him for being two faced liar and cheater?!!! We can also put it this way. You endangered prosperity and future of your country electing a cheater (shooting yourself in a leg sort to speak), to teach others a lessen.
Brilliant.

No. I believe most of what Trump says is honest. He seems to be honest. BTW, that picture of him saying Republicans believe anything on Fox News in 1998 is fake. I don't think he'll be a horrible President so I don't feel I'm putting my country into jeopardy. I agree with some of his stances, like on immigration. Also, I think his win can take away influence of the extreme left; Black Lives Matter, Transgenderism, etc, which has become the accepted way of thinking. He gives motivation and encouragement to anti-left extremism movements in America, Canada, Australia, and Western Europe. I think most Western liberalism is good but think it needs to be altered a bit, so I hope this movement Trump was placed into by his opponents will alter liberalism.

Interesting message to Hillary supporters from some Canadians. With love!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc-7qmEtFTQ

Let's get something straight here... To Hillary Supporters who remark that they're going to come to Canada, enough of your arrogance... Do Not Invite Yourself to Our Country As If You Are Entitled To... We Do Not Need You, We Do Not Want You... You who embrace illegal immigration, put your ass where your mouth is by taking your asses south, become illegal immigrants in Mexico.

Well said! Where are Miley Cyrus and the rest of the Pack going to go then?

Will they go to Mexico?

===============

Just for laughs:

I feel like Nostradamus now:

According to general election polls, periodic peaks of Donald Trump's popularity come once every two months (the last three periods of peak support for Trump in polls were: 22-25 May; 25-29 July; 15-20 September). In between these periods of Trump's popularity we can observe peaks of Clinton's supremacy (25-28 June; 6-11 and 25-28 August; 13-18 October). If this long-term trend continues, then today another period of Clinton's decline has just started, and around the middle of November we should expect another peak of Trump's popularity. However, the 2016 presidential election will take place on Tuesday, November 8 - around one week before the expected next peak of support for Trump. So, he needs to try hard to catch up a bit faster than usually if he wants to win.

^ Indeed, that was the case:

http://edition.cnn.com/election/results/exit-polls/national/president

qW43X0l.png

Just for laughs:

my responce to the vid

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WTtgQvqa7Os

Anyways, question. Since the West Coast is mostly a Liberal Clinton Stronghold; even after her defeat. How do you suppose Trump is going to convince the West Coast that he is the better option? My dad keeps on saying that the News should've asked Trump is he was going to Bankrupt America. Stock markets seem convincing so far but that's only one day so let's not get too carried away; it's too soon to tell if the Stock market will stay up there. Trump Indeed has his work cut out for him.

http://www.kiro7.com/news/local/wes...s-walk-out-in-post-election-protest/465700652

None of this is original with me...

It was all about turnout.

The 5,000 whiny little Hillary supporters clogging up Fifth Avenue in protests have no one to blame but themselves if she lost. They obviously didn't get enough people out to vote for her.

"Trump got 1.1M fewer votes than McCain, 2M fewer votes than Romney.Clinton got 7M fewer votes than Obama 2012."

"Low-income rural white voters in Pa. voted for Obama in 2008 and then Trump in 2016, and your explanation is white supremacy?"

None of this is original with me...

It was all about turnout.

The 5,000 whiny little Hillary supporters clogging up Fifth Avenue in protests have no one to blame but themselves if she lost. They obviously didn't get enough people out to vote for her.

"Trump got 1.1M fewer votes than McCain, 2M fewer votes than Romney.Clinton got 7M fewer votes than Obama 2012."

"Low-income rural white voters in Pa. voted for Obama in 2008 and then Trump in 2016, and your explanation is white supremacy?"

Don't look at me, my personal policy is to follow where the wind is blowing and study it. I find it really interesting that Trump supporters think of Trump as the new Ronald Reagan yet George Bush; a political remnant of the Raegan era, public ally didn't vote for Trump. Not that I'm complaining or anything, I just find it Ironic.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/20/politics/george-hw-bush-hillary-clinton/

Irony and hypocrisy abounds, Twilight. For a minute I thought perhaps both sides would take the high road, but it doesn't look like it.

I just have very little patience for a lot of young people today. Some of these yo-yos reacted to losing an election by burning the American flag?

You know how many times I've been disappointed in election results over the years? That's democracy. If you really believed in your candidate and worked really hard for them then of course it's emotional and upsetting when they lose, but that's how democracy works. I was just as disgusted when Trump implied he might not accept the results of the election. President Obama, Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump all did the right thing. Now it's time for these babies to go back to class or work, and if they want change, start organizing for the next time around.

1280px-2012nationwidecountymapshadedbypercentagewon.svg.png

Irony and hypocrisy abounds, Twilight. For a minute I thought perhaps both sides would take the high road, but it doesn't look like it.

I just have very little patience for a lot of young people today. Some of these yo-yos reacted to losing an election by burning the American flag?

You know how many times I've been disappointed in election results over the years? That's democracy. If you really believed in your candidate and worked really hard for them then of course it's emotional and upsetting when they lose, but that's how democracy works. I was just as disgusted when Trump implied he might not accept the results of the election. President Obama, Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump all did the right thing. Now it's time for these babies to go back to class or work, and if they want change, start organizing for the next time around.

1280px-2012nationwidecountymapshadedbypercentagewon.svg.png

I totally understand. ^_^ The last time that a Republican candidate won Washington State was in 1984 and it was Ronald Raegan himself. Find it interesting that the Cascade mountain Range has created a rough political divide in the Pacific Northwest though

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cascade_Range

They are not necessarily the same voters Angela. Usually voter turnout is about 50%, and usually same people vote in every election and same never vote. This time, I believe, some characters who never vote, came out of woodwork to vote for Trump, and some who usually votes didn't vote this time in protest.
Talking about some characters:
KKK congratulates Trump on the win.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...leader-congratulates-trump--and-thanks-wikil/

Not surprised. He's not a real conservative that's for sure. He's pro-gay, was or is pro-abortion. He made himself appear to be very conservative to get votes .

I believe most of what Trump says is honest.
I have no idea how did you reconcile these opposing views on Trump in your head?!

This is why calling someone a racist will soon have no meaning. I can remember someone assuming that an ancient banker was probably Jewish because, well, I don't know, I guess because all Jews are bankers or all bankers are Jews? Was that person a racist? I absolutely don't believe that.
Why didn't you address his statement about "not letting black people count his money" instead. "Lazy thinking" is one thing, how about "lazy doing" and not renting his apartments to blacks?

You can't possibly think that Trump, whose daughter Ivanka married a Jew, converted to Judaism herself, and is raising her children as Jews is anti-Semitic?
And how does it stop a racist liking certain ethnicities and totally disrespect others? Didn't he referred to superiority of his family, like breeding stallions, or something like this?

As for the ad in the paper, would it have been ok if they were guilty? Would it have been ok if the alleged perpetrators were white? I can't look into his heart, so I don't know if his outrage would have been the same if men from some white motorcycle group had gang raped a young woman. Maybe I tend to think other people are like me. It would have made absolutely no difference to me. The law doesn't allow it, but my instinct in these cases has always been for castration if I'm to be truthful.
Everybody can make mistakes in quick judgment. However he had years to cool down and rethink all to rectify his angry outburst, but he didn't. Same as with Obama's birth certificate. I'm sure he still believes it was all rigged and he was right all along. He is conspiracy theorist after all. Mind, that in both these cases the "perpetrators" are blacks.

The comment about the judge with Mexican ancestry was stupid (he may have to go before the same judge multiple times), immature, impulsive, and spiteful. It's a good example of why I don't think he has the judgment to be president. However, does it prove he's a racist? What does that even mean in that context? He's not saying he's not competent because he's Mexican, he's suggesting that maybe given that Trump wants to build a wall, and at that point was talking about deportations, this judge of Mexican ancestry might be letting his personal feelings influence him. Now, I'll guarantee you that I know more about judges than anyone here. Most of them try very hard to be objective, but not all, and even those that try don't always succeed. Heck, I know a defense lawyer who became a judge and because he feels so badly about all the guilty people he helped set free he always leans on the side of the prosecution. So, like I said, stupid, yes, racist is a stretch.
Oh, please Angela, this is crazy. We can as well excuse KKK racist crimes as stupidity, lazy thinking and no filter.

Look I don't want to turn into an apologist for a man I couldn't vote for and whose election makes me very nervous,
And yet you did. Perhaps your subconscious is acting up.

but calling someone a racist should be reserved for those people whom we can know pretty convincingly wish to deny equal rights to other citizens based on their color, ethnic origin or religion...people like the David Dukes of the world, people like Senator Byrd, who was a card carrying member of the KKK, and yet whom Hillary Clinton eulogized, or the disgusting hypocrites like Strom Thurmond who voted again and again for segregation, but fathered a half black child. Otherwise, pretty soon that word won't mean anything at all.
All always means the same.
prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.
How can it lose the meaning?
Did a word "murder or murderer" lost its meaning, though it is heard every day on news and movies?

He might not be the Racist, just ordinary small r racist, but he is one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 707738 times.

Back