Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 24 45.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
@LeBrok,

Trump is by far not the only businessman or especially real estate developer who got into difficulties after the real estate bust and went into Chapter 11. Banks don't want companies to whom they've loaned money to totally go bust. Then they lose the full amount of their loan. If the debtor is big enough it could even take the bank down. So, they let you reorganize and restructure the debt so you can pay it back over time and everybody gets at least some of their money back if not always all of it.
It was a response for Tomenable seeing Clinton in Bankers pockets. My point was the Trump was virtually in Banker's pocket, literally if by pocket we mean their money. He was too big to fail, if not that he would be living in the street like many were after housing collapse. That's hardly a successful businessman or successful at all.

As for Wall Street, if my memory serves I think they normally split their donations, with a slight Democrat leaning. This year I don't think they're giving Trump a dime and they're giving Clinton a ton of money. They're also taking care of her daughter, who's working at a hedge fund and making over 500,000 a year.
Quite an assumption Angela. You don't think a woman can be successful without help of her parents? I'm not saying that it wasn't a case this time. However, it is very likely that from very intelligent and successful parents come very successful and intelligent kids. They will succeed with parents help or not.

In terms of voting patterns, most Wall Street types vote Democrat in my experience. Republicans tend more to be entrepreneurs (although not Silicon Valley people), small business owners, some professionals, etc.
In today's reality entrepreneurs are mostly very outgoing, thinking outside the box, open to new ideas, experimentalists, risk takers, etc. These are hardly conservative traits. I'm sure we can find more conservative people, and by such measure Republicans, among bureaucrats and workers than among entrepreneurs. If it comes to voting preferences of Wall Street we will have a mixed bag. Some will vote with their conviction, some will vote for business prosperity in mind even against their true convictions.

giphy.gif

What is his IQ?

We are talking about Syria and Russia. You are jumping to Yemen. Stay focused.

If not Russia attacking Afganistan their wouldn't be Al Qaeda.

Who is supporting freedom fighters against dictatorial power?

lol. In this election are two candidates who can win. It is black and white. Only two choices.

we are not discussing Syria here, read the title of this thread
but you brought up the bombing of hospitals

the US has made alliances with the wrong people many times, so do you in naming terrorists and fundamentalists 'freedom fighters'

we are not discussing Syria here, read the title of this thread
but you brought up the bombing of hospitals

the US has made alliances with the wrong people many times, so do you in naming terrorists and fundamentalists 'freedom fighters'

USA make alliances according to their interest. This is not something new. It's how roll the world from the day that God created it. USA are a Empire, not Mother Teresa. The first terrorists in Syria is Assad.

USA make alliances according to their interest. This is not something new. It's how roll the world from the day that God created it. USA are a Empire, not Mother Teresa. The first terrorists in Syria is Assad.

maybe, there are many terrorists in the middle east
it is not by overthrowing Assad that Syria will be free of terrorists, it might worsen the situation for the Syrians in general

it is not by overthrowing Assad that Syria will be free of terrorists, it might worsen the situation for the Syrians in general

There are many terrorists because there is a war in the region. And usually in situation of wars many groups raise and became powerful, because it's a situation out of control. The Middle East has always been a hot place and this because of oil. But this time it's not just about oil. There is something in common between the war in Ukraine, the putch in Turkey and the war in Syria. It's an conflict between USA and Russia for the control of Meditteranean sea. I am curious how Trump intend to resolve this conflict, maybe Tomenable will explain this.

LeBrok said:
What cheap labour? If they work in Germany for minimum payment they are making more per hour than citizens of Poland and half Europe. Do you know that?

And African-Americans are making more than citizens of any country of Africa.

So what kind of "racial discrimination" are we talking about? What is BLM for?

Deport them to Africa or Haiti if they want equality - equality with other Blacks.

The truth is that most of Blacks look at their Asian or White neighbours and say "I want this too", instead of looking at Africa and saying "I'm glad that my living standards here are much better". This will also be the case with refugees in Germany.

Most of people have a narrow point of view and do not see the "bigger picture".

So you are still denying you are a racist, right?

I wish all the best to all of humanity. Does it make me a racist?

Another thing is that I don't deny certain scientific facts about human nature.

Rather than telling you what I am, I will tell you what I am NOT.

So - I am not a race denialist. This means that I do NOT believe that, either:

1) "Human races do not exist at all."

2) "Biological (genetic) races exist but this only affects areas that are not politically sensitive like skin color. Most importantly, race is not connected with any politically sensitive mental characteristics. This was the implicit view of early race denialists (such as early Boasian anthropologists) who found it impossible at this time to completely deny race."

3) "Biological (genetic) races do not exist but socially constructed races do. This is the view of adherents of critical race theory which is a variant of critical theory (the Frankfurt School). Despite the rejection of biological races, the social constructs may still be seen as very important for reasons such as being involved in racism."

I only partially agree with point 3) because I recognize that socially constructed races can also exist - apart from actual biological races - and that they can - but do not have to - overlap with biological races.

PS:

And no, I don't consider Syrians or Muslims to be "another race". Syrians are Caucasoid. Muslims come in all shapes & colours.

Who is supporting freedom fighters against dictatorial power?

Arab Spring was similar to the Iranian Revolution of 1979. In both cases "freedom fighters" were/are just Radical Muslims.

Iran would be much better off if Shahs continued to rule there. It was actually a rather modern country during the 1970s.

I'm surprised that you still can't see that most of these "freedom fighters" are just Sharia law fanatics or/and jihadists.

You mean it is worse than beheading, burning villages, mass graves and masquers?

That was sarcasm. It is better to live in a German refugee camp for 50 Euro a day than in a Turkish one for 1 Euro a day.

Too bad that only very rich refugees and IS-sponsored terrorists have enough money to bribe their way through to Europe. The vast majority of refugees cannot afford trying to get to Europe in rubber boats, and must actually vegetate in overcrowded camps in Syria, neighbouring Turkey or Lebanon. They have been vegetating like this for few years by now, with no opportunities or prospects.

Instead of taking "chosen ones" among the refugees to Europe, we should be sending more of humanitarian help to Syria.

And we should send military help to Assad as well. And to Kurds, at least in Iraq.

You sound like IS sympathizer now.

Not like ISOG sympathizer?: :)

LABERIA said:
The first terrorist in Syria is Assad.

Really? So how come that only in Assad-controlled parts of the country minorities are not persecuted?

For example Syrian Christians who visited Poland in July were from Assad-controlled districts of Aleppo.

The reporter of our left-leaning TVN was surprised that somebody still lives in Aleppo:

Her name is Rita Basmajian. She is back in Aleppo and still alive. There was another interview with her recently.

"Freedom fighters" (show me examples of similar war crimes by government forces):

go 6:18 on time counter its a classic :grin:

ctIZA32.jpg

Every country made mistakes in the past and joined or helped the wrong people or future enemy. So what is your point?! Are you looking for a saint country? Here is a news for you. They don't exist!

Biggest mistake is from USA and Britain...............the arab spring should never have been supported anywhere as it deals with the destruction of non arabs and non-sunni populace in every country.

Why are USA supporting these Arab-sunni terrorists against the indigenous syrians ( assyrians ) and minor religious groups, like, coptics, orthodox, shia, zorastrians, yazidis, christians etc

It's been explained to you many times. Keeping the Dictators in place, with a force, is not an option. Sooner or later they will be gone. Sooner or later the mess of post distator era will start. Sooner or later we will be in same situation. The choice is only sooner or later. The mess, the war, the struggle and killing is unavoidable. How would you stop WW1 in Europe? How was it possible? Or WW2. Europe needed to go through the changes and war, revolutions, straggle was a part of changes. 100 years later we are almost there.
Now, you want to stop the inevitable changes, the process, to stop these gigantic forces, historical forces, from acting up and your plan is keeping dictators in place. What a plan, lol. Perhaps you should become ambassador of some kind and talk to Shia and Sunni to start liking each other. Or talk to Kurds to sit quiet without own country. Or to IS terrorist to start loving their neighbors and living peaceful family life.

Your only solution is to keep dictators forever. Bravo, what a plan.

You must be happy about situation in Russia and Turkey. New dictators are in making there. They will keep Russians and Turks quiet.

There are many terrorists because there is a war in the region. And usually in situation of wars many groups raise and became powerful, because it's a situation out of control. The Middle East has always been a hot place and this because of oil. But this time it's not just about oil. There is something in common between the war in Ukraine, the putch in Turkey and the war in Syria. It's an conflict between USA and Russia for the control of Meditteranean sea. I am curious how Trump intend to resolve this conflict, maybe Tomenable will explain this.

You forgot to mention Erdogan. What are his intentions? And why do so many stupid Turks believe in him?

It's been explained to you many times. Keeping the Dictators in place, with a force, is not an option. Sooner or later they will be gone. Sooner or later the mess of post distator era will start. Sooner or later we will be in same situation. The choice is only sooner or later. The mess, the war, the struggle and killing is unavoidable. How would you stop WW1 in Europe? How was it possible? Or WW2. Europe needed to go through the changes and war, revolutions, straggle was a part of changes. 100 years later we are almost there.
Now, you want to stop the inevitable changes, the process, to stop these gigantic forces, historical forces, from acting up and your plan is keeping dictators in place. What a plan, lol. Perhaps you should become ambassador of some kind and talk to Shia and Sunni to start liking each other. Or talk to Kurds to sit quiet without own country. Or to IS terrorist to start loving their neighbors and living peaceful family life.

Your only solution is to keep dictators forever. Bravo, what a plan.

so, you must have a perfect plan for Syria then
explain it to me
and maybe while you're at it,
you can deal ISIS in Lybia too
and eliminate Boko Haram in Africa
and with Al-Qaeda in Afghanistan and Pakistan ?

Every country made mistakes in the past and joined or helped the wrong people or future enemy. So what is your point?! Are you looking for a saint country? Here is a news for you. They don't exist!

yet you think now there is a perfect solution possible, no mistakes any more today ?

And African-Americans are making more than citizens of any country of Africa.

So what kind of "racial discrimination" are we talking about? What is BLM for?

Deport them to Africa or Haiti if they want equality - equality with other Blacks.

The truth is that most of Blacks look at their Asian or White neighbours and say "I want this too", instead of looking at Africa and saying "I'm glad that my living standards here are much better". This will also be the case with refugees in Germany.

Most of people have a narrow point of view and do not see the "bigger picture".
Forget about "big picture" and stay focused. My response was to your false argument of emigrants being cheap labour in Germany. Now you are rambling something about Africa.

I wish all the best to all of humanity. Does it make me a racist?

Another thing is that I don't deny certain scientific facts about human nature.

Rather than telling you what I am, I will tell you what I am NOT.

So - I am not a race denialist. This means that I do NOT believe that, either:
What this has to do with racism. Read the definition again.

• prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.
I don't' have time now to collect your racist rants from many posts, but I can show you them in the future as we go, so you are no longer confused what it means.

so, you must have a perfect plan for Syria then
explain it to me
and maybe while you're at it,
you can deal ISIS in Lybia too
and eliminate Boko Haram in Africa
and with Al-Qaeda in Afghanistan and Pakistan ?
They need to find their own way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 705881 times.

Back