• Marco Rubio

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 24 45.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's complaining about taco trucks? Really? Taco trucks?

Ok Trump, you're done. Bout is over. Shake hands. Time to pack up and go home.

The polls have tightened up again, and I don't think it's because Trump is any more acceptable to educated, suburban women. I think it's because there's a steady stream of information about Clinton's private e-mail server and about the fact that the Clinton Foundation is increasingly looking like a "pay for play" scheme.

When the following exchange took place in the halls of Congress, only political junkies knew about it. As more and more e-mails are dumped, the knowledge of it is spreading wider. This is the way to conduct a witness interrogation, by the way. In fact, if he wanted to be a real hard ***, he could have said, "Please limit yourself to a yes or no answer, please." The only reason he didn't, I would bet, is because that was the FBI director. Said FBI director looked as if he wanted the floor to open and swallow him up, and it serves him right. He has besmirched a once spotless reputation, as even outlets like the liberal Washington Post now acknowledge. The statute doesn't require specific intent, but even if it did, her actions and words show it. Other people who have mishandled security information have gone to jail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV6q9LOubfc

You have to give her credit for being a good lawyer, though. All of those lies were from interviews with the press or in speeches, and thus not under oath. She learned from her husband's problems: when questioned by the FBI under oath, she said "I can't recall", some 300 plus times.

Angela, I believe that since this video was uploaded on youtube, Hillary was back leading by some 6% or more, until the recent polls. So that would indicate that most people are not really consistent about their fear on the e-mail issue. If the polls keep swinging at this rate I am not to convinced that they should be taken seriously.

Sorry, Maleth, I should have pointed to the polls I was referencing:

Tuesday, September 6
I don't think this is at all dispositive, though because...

They'll fluctuate by testing company, day, etc. I think the best way to interpret them is that it's just about a dead heat as of this point in time.

We still have two months to go...let's see what metaphorical bombs go off, how the debates go...

We have a federal system, and it's the state by state contests that really matter, and there Clinton is still ahead

In this day and age, when people use their cell phone accounts increasingly more, and young people don't even have a land line, I'm not sure the polling is even accurate

The big determinant will be who turns up on election day. Americans vote less frequently than Europeans. It's the "enthusiasm" that matters.

I think it may be that the national numbers do reflect the steady drip, drip of information about the private server and the Clinton Foundation. My point was that some parts of the general public are only now catching on. That's why her honest and trustworthy numbers have gone even lower.

I still have moments, despite the fact that I don't think much of people prone to conspiracy theories, that I think he's a Manchurian candidate. There are times when it seems he's deliberately doing things to ensure he won't be elected.

Yup, it is the electoral college that determines the winner not the vote count. I think Gore had a slight edge in popular votes but Bush got the electoral votes.

Angela, I believe that since this video was uploaded on youtube, Hillary was back leading by some 6% or more, until the recent polls. So that would indicate that most people are not really consistent about their fear on the e-mail issue. If the polls keep swinging at this rate I am not to convinced that they should be taken seriously.
Last couple of months she was terribly quiet, while Trump was busy on TV every week. People have short memory. You need to be in their face constantly till election. It is election for her to lose.

Sorry, Maleth, I should have pointed to the polls I was referencing:

Tuesday, September 6
I don't think this is at all dispositive, though because...

They'll fluctuate by testing company, day, etc. I think the best way to interpret them is that it's just about a dead heat as of this point in time.

We still have two months to go...let's see what metaphorical bombs go off, how the debates go...

We have a federal system, and it's the state by state contests that really matter, and there Clinton is still ahead

In this day and age, when people use their cell phone accounts increasingly more, and young people don't even have a land line, I'm not sure the polling is even accurate

The big determinant will be who turns up on election day. Americans vote less frequently than Europeans. It's the "enthusiasm" that matters.

I think it may be that the national numbers do reflect the steady drip, drip of information about the private server and the Clinton Foundation. My point was that some parts of the general public are only now catching on. That's why her honest and trustworthy numbers have gone even lower.

I still have moments, despite the fact that I don't think much of people prone to conspiracy theories, that I think he's a Manchurian candidate. There are times when it seems he's deliberately doing things to ensure he won't be elected.

Often at times, I would entertain the possibility that he's ********...and being highly successful at it. He's been trying all along to rally up the most despicable, racist crazies who are so far to the right, they're about to fall off the spectrum line.

I'm of the independent party btw. I'm not in with the far left either.

Technical note: why was the word (derived from a big lumbering mythical brute) that has to do with harassing others on a public forum for giggles censored? Never thought of it as a cuss word. Hopefully it won't result in an infraction!

Hillary Clinton has had yet another health incident, and the way her campaign handled it once again calls into question their honesty, their judgment, and even their concern for her as a human being.

She was diagnosed with pneumonia on Friday, but instead of announcing she was ill and giving her a few days to recover, they hid the fact and sent her to the 911 memorial, where she collapsed in full view of the cameras. Can anyone doubt this is worse?

While ill, she also made some injudicious comments at a private fundraiser. She's normally such a cautious, lawyerly type, parsing out each word, that I wonder if she would have made such a blunder if she weren't ill.

I also have to say that just on a human level, they show an appalling lack of concern for her. I've had pneumonia, and it's absolutely incredible how wretched you feel. It can also be dangerous as you get older, even with antibiotics.

I'm not one to go for conspiracy theories, and, in fact, I believe the staff and her and her doctors when they say they're not aware of any other health issues, but I honestly think there is something else going on here which just hasn't reached the level where it's apparent what's going on. This is not the first time she has lost consciousness or close to it. In the most recent case before this she injured her head and had to take a long time off. I hope that they are doing MRIs of her brain. I've seen this pattern twice, and what it might portend is not good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11-EAzsGxgQ

well, this is not how it works in usa. people see trump's face on tvs more often because the mass media in US is covertly supporting trump, so they promote him.

Yup, it is the electoral college that determines the winner not the vote count. I think Gore had a slight edge in popular votes but Bush got the electoral votes.
What happened in 2000 elections in Florida was controversial but the federal government, as always, quickly covered it up right after the elections. Many people believe Bush supporters did fraud there.

well, this is not how it works in usa. people see trump's face on tvs more often because the mass media in US is covertly supporting trump, so they promote him.

If you think the mass media have been helping Trump since he won the nomination, I have a nice bridge to sell you! Cheap, too!

As for the Bush/Gore election, are you old enough to have followed it at the time? It sure doesn't seem like it. Not one, but a couple of newspapers had people sit down and manually count all the votes in Florida. That's after election officials had already done it. Bush won it. If Palm Beach County elderly Jewish voters got frustrated and went home because they couldn't figure out how to vote, that's just the way it goes. Maybe it would have changed the final votes and maybe it wouldn't. Even had it been fraud, which it wasn't, that's also just the way it goes sometimes. You know, like Philly or Chicago or New York letting felons vote, or some other machine controlled districts having more ballots cast than there are registered voters.

Now, if you're going to maintain that you don't like the Electoral College system and want a constitutional amendment to change it, that's another issue, although good luck with that: it ain't going to happen.

If you think the mass media have been helping Trump since he won the nomination, I have a nice bridge to sell you! Cheap, too!

Many people know that the the US mainstream media is trying to make Trump the president. This is not my personal opinion. The media is clearly promoting him. It is not hard to see that, really. And, you may keep the bridge for yourself!

Which people, and how do we know it?

The rantings of internet conspiracy nut jobs don't count. Turn on tv news other than Fox any time of the day or night and jot down what they're saying about Trump. How could anyone think they're trying to get him elected?

From what I have seen every election cycle is the same: the media picks a Republican candidate to "like", and then once the general election comes around they do their best to do a hatchet job on him.

In the case of Trump he was good for ratings, he called in to them in real time if they weren't paying him enough attention, and on and on, but once it got serious, the gloves were off.

Since becoming the nominee they've done everything but call him the anti-Christ, and I say that as someone who would never vote for him. Haven't you ever watched the coverage on MSNBC or CNN? When one of their own, Matt Lauer, had the temerity to ask Clinton some actual tough questions they skewered him, and continue to do so. She usually avoids the whole situation by not submitting to questions.

The liberal Democrat bias of most of the media outlets is acknowledged even by them. They used to hide it and pretend they were trying to be neutral and objective, but now they don't bother.

Just as an example...you think this is the media supporting Trump?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDkfHTBeqAg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDc_7mEN-8I

is it true that they are both Reptilians? :worried:

:innocent:

is it true that they are both Reptilians? :worried:

:innocent:

I think virtually all politicians are reptiles, if that's what you're asking. :)

Which people, and how do we know it?

The rantings of internet conspiracy nut jobs don't count. Turn on tv news other than Fox any time of the day or night and jot down what they're saying about Trump. How could anyone think they're trying to get him elected?

I am talking about the people living in the US and you don't have to be a rocket scientist to see that.. Every US president is promoted by the US mainstream media. Do you think Barrack Obama became the president on his own? Of course not. If the mainstream media didn't want him, he wouldn't even be nominated. In the US, it is the mainstream media who elect the president. The mainstream media is owned by a few large corporations and these same corporations own the government as well. But people are made to believe that it is the people who owns the government.

Hillary Clinton has had yet another health incident, and the way her campaign handled it once again calls into question their honesty, their judgment, and even their concern for her as a human being.

She was diagnosed with pneumonia on Friday, but instead of announcing she was ill and giving her a few days to recover, they hid the fact and sent her to the 911 memorial, where she collapsed in full view of the cameras. Can anyone doubt this is worse?

While ill, she also made some injudicious comments at a private fundraiser. She's normally such a cautious, lawyerly type, parsing out each word, that I wonder if she would have made such a blunder if she weren't ill.

I also have to say that just on a human level, they show an appalling lack of concern for her. I've had pneumonia, and it's absolutely incredible how wretched you feel. It can also be dangerous as you get older, even with antibiotics.

I'm not one to go for conspiracy theories, and, in fact, I believe the staff and her and her doctors when they say they're not aware of any other health issues, but I honestly think there is something else going on here which just hasn't reached the level where it's apparent what's going on. This is not the first time she has lost consciousness or close to it. In the most recent case before this she injured her head and had to take a long time off. I hope that they are doing MRIs of her brain. I've seen this pattern twice, and what it might portend is not good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11-EAzsGxgQ

This will very unfortunately give an edge to Trump. I am curious. If Goodness forbids a running candidate for president passes away or is not fit to continue the race, what happens in that case? Can there be another person to fill in? I sincerely think that this presidential election thing is a far too drawn thing in the USA. Is it really that necessary? I find our three month campaign is too much with lots of words that do not mean much in substance, as everyone knows that no one keeps most of their promises and manage to blame it on something the government had no control over.

This will very unfortunately give an edge to Trump. I am curious. If Goodness forbids a running candidate for president passes away or is not fit to continue the race, what happens in that case? Can there be another person to fill in? I sincerely think that this presidential election thing is a far too drawn thing in the USA. Is it really that necessary? I find our three month campaign is too much with lots of words that do not mean much in substance, as everyone knows that no one keeps most of their promises and manage to blame it on something the government had no control over.

I think the election would continue with her running mate as the candidate, but I'm not positive. Perhaps someone else knows. Maleth, the campaign is WAY too long. I think Trump said he was running fifteen months ago. In some ways you could say Cinton's been running for years. I'm just sick of hearing it.

On the other hand, I guess you could look at it and say all this unrelenting pressure for months on end does give you a better chance of knowing exactly who they are before you vote for them.

@Oasis,
Yes, I think the media has a big role in deciding who becomes president, and that's why, unless Hillary comes down with a terrible illness or the Russians have hold of her e-mails and reveal something devastating, or she has a melt down during the debates, Trump will lose and Clinton will win. The vast majority of media outlets WANT CLINTON, NOT TRUMP. Between the media and the changes in migration patterns, we may have seen the last Republican president.

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 704243 times.

Back