• Marco Rubio

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 24 45.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My daughter is telling me that there is partying in the streets of NYC.

They are, I was just having lunch in Downtown. As soon as I heard people cheering, I knew Biden had pulled ahead of 270.

At any rate, Trump did not concede defeat. The Supreme Court is going to look into the how the ballot process was conducted in several states.

I think these are the states that may be fought for in legal battles:

IVrBtdG.png

Trump announced that he will demand a recount in WI, but that only comes after the votes are certified in early December.

I still think this will be how it plays out.

They are, I was just having lunch in Downtown. As soon as I heard people cheering, I knew Biden had pulled ahead of 270.

At any rate, Trump did not concede defeat. The Supreme Court is going to look into the how the ballot process was conducted in several states.

The GOP is backing Trump's legal battle:

6d6DT4y.png

AP has already called him the winner in Arizona, Nevada and Pennsylvania. There will be couple of recounts and all the states have to finish counting all the votes and certify the election. It might take couple of weeks to cross the t's and dot the i's but it is all over. Trump has no chance no matter how much he tries. He just needs to start packing and move down to Florida because he will not be welcome in New York. He might want to move his whole family plus Kushner because the whole family is personna non-grata. My daughter is dating the scion of a prominent New York family and she tells me that he needs to move or he will be shunned there.

The GOP is backing Trump's legal battle:

6d6DT4y.png
Except that it is not the federal government's job to certify the election in each state. It is each state's secretary of state or the equivalent. Time and time again it has been proven, there is not widespread election fraud no matter what the Pubs tell you. There might be under a thousand votes throughout the whole country. Extremely few of those, maybe in the 10's are ever prosecuted. That should tell Trump something. He is tilting at windmills. The man did not even want to count all the votes and declared himself the winner on the 3rd. Now like I said all the votes should be counted in all the states and the vote should be certified in all the states before the results are official.

^^Sorry, but it's those kinds of holier than thou virtue signaling attitudes which helped make the race so tight.

I agree with KingJohn. If it weren't for Covid he would have won even with his obnoxious personality and stupid rants. The irony is that Biden was, at least in the beginning, worse. He said blocking travel from China was zenophobia and wearing masks wasn't necessary. Let's not forget all the New York politicians who said go out to the block parties; this is all scare mongering.

The point is that when you're obnoxious and have no control of your id and just say the first thing that comes to mind, you're going to get in trouble. It doesn't help when 90% of the media acts like they're the press agency for the Democrat party.

If left leaning people keep talking the way they're talking, and pursue the kind of policies pushed by the "progressives", the next populist to arise will be smarter and, as some Democrats realize, they'll get massacred in 2022 and 2024. Hell, if they just tank the economy they'll get massacred. The great "middle" of the country has had enough. They just need a better spokesman.

You have to learn from your mistakes, no matter which party you represent.

As for the legal redress. I'm always consistent. I wanted the votes examined in Gore v Bush, and I want them examined now. Anyone who thinks there's no corruption in Democrat machine ruled inner cities is either lying or incredibly stupid.

Now I'll let the courts speak; I've said all I have to say.

WHAT?

after 4 days we have an official result of USA presidential elections?

Hip hip Hurray :LOL:

^^Sorry, but it's those kinds of holier than thou virtue signaling attitudes which helped make the race so tight.

I agree with KingJohn. If it weren't for Covid he would have won even with his obnoxious personality and stupid rants. The irony is that Biden was, at least in the beginning, worse. He said blocking travel from China was zenophobia and wearing masks wasn't necessary. Let's not forget all the New York politicians who said go out to the block parties; this is all scare mongering.

The point is that when you're obnoxious and have no control of your id and just say the first thing that comes to mind, you're going to get in trouble. It doesn't help when 90% of the media acts like they're the press agency for the Democrat party.

If left leaning people keep talking the way they're talking, and pursue the kind of policies pushed by the "progressives", the next populist to arise will be smarter and, as some Democrats realize, they'll get massacred in 2022 and 2024. Hell, if they just tank the economy they'll get massacred. The great "middle" of the country has had enough. They just need a better spokesman.

You have to learn from your mistakes, no matter which party you represent.

As for the legal redress. I'm always consistent. I wanted the votes examined in Gore v Bush, and I want them examined now. Anyone who thinks there's no corruption in Democrat machine ruled inner cities is either lying or incredibly stupid.

Now I'll let the courts speak; I've said all I have to say.

So all the Pub run counties and states are above reproach? and all the Dem population centers are corrupt? Give me a break.

I have voted for both Bushes so I have some credibility. But I would never, ever vote for somebody like Trump and I agree with some of his policies. Give me a genteel, reasonable, principled, qualified, experienced republican president or governor and I will vote for him. Give me somebody like Trump and I would not. BTW, I did not think that Obama was qualified. I did not think he had enough experience.

The "outsider" experiment needs never to be visited again. The government cannot be run like a business. We need people that have been raised to a life of service. Let them serve our country in the military forces for a while. Let them run for mayor or state representative then let them run for governor or US Senator. Let them serve there for couple of turns. They will learn how to weigh one side against the other and meet in the middle. The last thing we need is another head of a family run business that have nobody to check them.

As you saw above, I hope that the middle from both parties come together and unite and shed the extreme right and the extreme left.

BTW all this division is nothing new. There has always been tension between the urban centers and the rural towns and the populous states and the less populous ones. It even existed when the constitution was written. That's why we have the Senate and that's why in the beginning the president was not elected directly by the people but by the legislatures of the states. The founders had a healthy fear of the hoi polloi and for good reason.

Now for all that believe that our constitution is perfect and it should never be changed I think that there are some things that we can do to improve it. Here are some ideas:

1. Limit the power of the president. Now some of that is because the Congress has abdicated some of their power to the executive. We need to claw it back
2. Elect the president by direct popular vote. Every other office is by direct vote
3. Supreme Court justices are rotated every 8 years among the appeals court justices
4. Fed Appeals court justices should have a term limit (20 years?) and should be selected among the practicing district judges
5. District judges should be appointed among state judges that have some experience at the circuit judge level. Basically I am trying to prevent some 30 yr old to be nominated for the federal district court because of his political pull
6. The rules guiding the approval and consent of the Senate has to be revamped. The Senate has way too much power in that process.
7. I would also like smaller government but I am not a fanatic about it. If the people want and need the services that the federal government provides than we should try and distribute those services to the states with federal funding. DC is just too big. I want the fed government to be an enabler for those services.

^^Here's the thing, the Supreme Court is in Trump's pocket, and he is litigating the issue. On top of that he has 70,000,000 people behind him.

In Trump's pocket???

I guess that the Supreme Court is in the first place a legal place, to speak law and justice. When there is claim that there is massive fraud then there has to be evidence for it. No ground, no case.

Trump is currently undermining the democratic institutions. He further stirs up mutual distrust and conspiracy theories. Mainly because he cannot accept his loss. That must be his problem, not that of US society. The Founding Fathers are turning in their graves, Jovialis!

In Trump's pocket???

I guess that the Supreme Court is in the first place a legal place, to speak law and justice. When there is claim that there is massive fraud then there has to be evidence for it. No ground, no case.

Trump is currently undermining the democratic institutions. He further stirs up mutual distrust and conspiracy theories. Mainly because he cannot accept his loss. That must be his problem, not that of US society. The Founding Fathers are turning in their graves, Jovialis!

There is a majority conservative court, so that is just stating a fact. The evidence will be for the courts to decide.

All I am saying is, let's see what happens.

What the ....

Michele Flournoy is taking Defence Affairs?

Not a wise move.
We might face a division among NATO and EU. Especially the last.

I changed my post cause I decided to express myshelf as polite, by mind, and not by heart.

Last edited:
BTW, Biden did not have a mandate, so he will have to tread carefully. Now he has an excuse not to listen to the left wing of the party. It will be a delicate task, walking a thin line.

Any idea what is gonna happen with the Wall promise now that Trump is leaving?

Any idea what is gonna happen with the Wall promise now that Trump is leaving?

No one's leaving, ... yet.
... the real Election is December 14.

... Almost finished, ... about 350+ miles built, ... some by the Army Corps of Engineers.

There is a majority conservative court, so that is just stating a fact. The evidence will be for the courts to decide.

All I am saying is, let's see what happens.

Yes I know 'last minute' nomination of Coney Bannet. But I guess she is in the first place a judge isn't she? Good old trias politica!
Did they present the evidence already? Nope....
IMO it looks like a scene in the godfather, Trump uses his consiglieri Giuliani for the 'dirty job' like Giuilani was supposed to do in the Ukraine. In the end they are going to bite in the dust....

The question is who is going to wake up the godfather to reality?

No one's leaving, ... yet.
... the real Election is December 14.

... Almost finished, ... about 350+ miles built, ... some by the Army Corps of Engineers.

The US-Mexican border is about 1950 miles.

The US-Mexican border is about 1950 miles.

... natural barriers (rivers, cliffs, desert,...), (Rio Grande in Texas), and many segments had already been built under previous Administrations.

... just for fun :) :

JLRjPmq.jpg

Q2ipPKw.jpg

Yes I know 'last minute' nomination of Coney Bannet. But I guess she is in the first place a judge isn't she? Good old trias politica!
Did they present the evidence already? Nope....
IMO it looks like a scene in the godfather, Trump uses his consiglieri Giuliani for the 'dirty job' like Giuilani was supposed to do in the Ukraine. In the end they are going to bite in the dust....

The question is who is going to wake up the godfather to reality?

I keep hearing the partisan-opponents say "there is no evidence", well starting tomorrow, they are going to start prosecuting. Moreover, even SCOTUS Alito ordered the Mail-in ballots be segregated in PA. Furthermore in AZ only 90% of the vote has been counted, and there is only 0.3 lead for Biden. Once again, let's just see what happens.

It is kind of ironic that you choose to paint Giuliani as some kind of mafioso, when in fact, he helped to bring down the Mafia, as a prosecutor.

""conservative leaning Americans in states like New York or California know they'll be drowned out by the Black, Hispanic, and "Progressive White" vote and don't even bother voting, so sometimes even the national vote isn't truly reflective of national sentiment."" Of course..... that is the whole idea with open borders for North America & Europe.

more likely the problem of an outdated voting system. you could probably say the same about the situation in traditional conservative states.

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 700781 times.

Back