Haplogroup E-L117

shireltd

Reaction score
I did the Y DNA111 and mtDNA test with family search and the autosomal test with ancestry. I have gotten lots of potential matches from the mtDNA and autosomal testing but NO matches from the Y DNA test nor was any information available for haplogroup origins. Couple of questions. (1) since E L117 is predicted, would paying the additional $39 dollars for additional snp testing be worth it (2) any idea why no matches show up for E L117 but I get lots of potential matches (a few at 0 degrees) from the results of the other tests?

I did the Y DNA111 and mtDNA test with family search and the autosomal test with ancestry. I have gotten lots of potential matches from the mtDNA and autosomal testing but NO matches from the Y DNA test nor was any information available for haplogroup origins. Couple of questions. (1) since E L117 is predicted, would paying the additional $39 dollars for additional snp testing be worth it (2) any idea why no matches show up for E L117 but I get lots of potential matches (a few at 0 degrees) from the results of the other tests?

This might be a silly question but do you know if E-L117 is apart of E-V13? We don't have any information on Eupedia about E-L117 however we do have Ydna E-V13-L17, I'm curious to see if Y111 made a typo on your results. However if it's not a typo and you are not Ydna E-V13 then perhaps your YDNA is from another YDNA E subClaude not covered on eupedia; Ydna E1a or E2 for example.

This might be a silly question but do you know if E-L117 is apart of E-V13? We don't have any information on Eupedia about E-L117 however we do have Ydna E-V13-L17, I'm curious to see if Y111 made a typo on your results. However if it's not a typo and you are not Ydna E-V13 then perhaps your YDNA is from another YDNA E subClaude not covered on eupedia; Ydna E1a or E2 for example.

L117 is not the same as L17

L117 is SNP equivalent to M35 so E-L117 is the same as E-M35

and, as you said it, E-L17 is sub branch of E-V13

for haplogroup origins- search for E-M35 , but it's 35 K y old, so it may be useful to test additional SNPs

(1) join ftdna M-35 project and administrator there should be able to help you decide. there are SNP packs that may be more cost-effective than single SNP testing (usually one SNP test is not enough)
(2) I don't really understand the question :ashamed2:. Do you have STR matches on levels 37, 67..., or do you have matches like E-L542, E-M35, E-V13...?

Hello Shireltd. This question has been asked a number of times before. This E L117 seems a little bit confusing for me to understand. If you have a look at the E-M35 you would notice all the E L117 in the M35 project on ftdna are ALL predicted and none confirmed.

https://www.familytreedna.com/public/E3b?iframe=yresults

I can really understand the frustration of why some results can be confirmed and others not. To me it seems that E L117 yet need to go somewhere whether its V13 or some other confirmed group. I can tell you that Myself and another person with same surname from my region made tests with ftdna and I was confirmed V13 and other predicted E L117. Why that happens I really have no clue. I believe that any further tests would not be able to give you a confirmation which as I said is indeed frustrating.

As it has already been mentioned it will good to contact someone from the Project managers once you join and they can give you some kind of explanation?

[h=1][/h]

Hello,

I found an article on the E-L117 haplotype that might be of interest to you - it is a haplotype shared by some of those who share my surname. I cannot post a link, but I can give you a google search term to try to find it....

"E1b1b1 L117 - Chassidic rabbinical lineage share the L117 SNP of Y-DNA Haplogroup E "

Hope that helps! :)

check this ftdna project

https://www.familytreedna.com/groups/alpine-dna-project-alp-gen-genealogy/about/background

12 of the 40 ..........E ydna are L117

This thread has been viewed 8332 times.

Back