Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum

Thread: Haplogroup H24

Level
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Question Haplogroup H24

I waited two months for my mtDNA results and I am more confused now than ever. I am 99% (trace amounts of middle eastern) European according to my autosomal results. my maternal grandmother was a first generation American. Both her parents were from Prussia. I googled H24 and it said most likely of Asian or middle east descent? I have green eyes and blond hair! Now I sorta wish I had bought shoes with the money I paid for the testing. Hmm. Any information about H24 would be great.

I know my great grandparents were German. My paternal 4th great grandfather was from Ireland. My maiden name is Mccullough! I cannot find a hint of asian or middle eastern anywhere in my tree.

Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

Possibly it is a mistake, a sample mix up or something. You should contact the company for double checking.

Could you post your results here? Maybe our experienced members can make sense out of admixtures.
    Be wary of people who tend to glorify the past, underestimate the present, and demonize the future.

Earl Achievements:
    Three Friends10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 402
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    EV13 A7136 y18675G+
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlum View Post
    I waited two months for my mtDNA results and I am more confused now than ever. I am 99% (trace amounts of middle eastern) European according to my autosomal results. my maternal grandmother was a first generation American. Both her parents were from Prussia. I googled H24 and it said most likely of Asian or middle east descent? I have green eyes and blond hair! Now I sorta wish I had bought shoes with the money I paid for the testing. Hmm. Any information about H24 would be great.

I know my great grandparents were German. My paternal 4th great grandfather was from Ireland. My maiden name is Mccullough! I cannot find a hint of asian or middle eastern anywhere in my tree.
    http://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads...Haplogroup-H24

It seems that there is hardly any substantial indication to know the origin of H24 or were its most popular. Even that, sometimes would not indicate the origins of H24 so I have my doubt that anyone at this point in time can indicate with any confidence that its Asian or Middle Eastern although it can be possible.

If not mistaken your results would go far beyond your known family tree and any paper trail.

Regular Member Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 451
    Overall activity: 3.0%

I think it is found in Germanic speaking countries, including UK and in (non-IE speaking) Finland in very low frequencies.

For example, while googling it I found this http://www.dna.scangen.se/index.php?...=&database=shd

H24 is just 0,6% of total in Sweden according to this site but it exists.

Also the autosomal results are more important, as far as I understand and you are 99% European.

Being more middle Eastern or Asian wouldn't be bad though. I hope everyone agrees but I can't be sure.