Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help with understanding my test results

Regular Member Achievements:
    7 days registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Overall activity: 24.0%

So go open a thread and tell the world how you feel. And argue with other Serbs and Croats who care. I really don't care man...

Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 313
    Overall activity: 0%

Ethnic group
    Croatian

At the end it will be important because it is a genetic fact which is irrefutable. If you are Serb and through male line have relatives in Croatia who never come from Serbia to Croatia then you are through male line Croatian origin.

This is not a politics, if you have genetic relatives in Croatia what I'm not allowed to say that.

In the world people explore their genes and finde relatives all over world, your relatives are by male line in Croatia if you have mutation Z280>CTS1211>Y35>CTS3402>Y2613>Y2609>Y2608>YP3929
    older ancestor are in southe Poland ( White Croatia) or the Baltic.

And why this is so because parts of Croats converted to Orthodox Christianity and later became Serbs, nothing mystical, and this is evident in the genes.

1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 272
    Overall activity: 4.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a-Z280>BY27799
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U4a1

Quote Originally Posted by Inya View Post
    Hello everyone,

I just received my test results and my haplogroup is undoubtedly R1a.
    However I would like to know little bit more about my ancestry. Anyone able to read this and give me some more info?
    Have you tested at FTDNA? In such case, I invite you to join an R1a Project. I can't post a link to a project though, because my post count is lower than 10.

Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by hrvat22 View Post
    We in Croatia are bombarded from Serbia last hundred years that we are Catholic Serbs .. However with arrival of genetics we see just opposite ...

It is interesting that smaller or larger parts of Czechs, Ukrainians, Poles, Russians, Belarusians, etc. are White Croatian origin, it says genetics not me.
    Stop with this White Croatia non-sense finally. Someone mentioned White Croats long time ago in some chronical and you are blowing it up into founding fathers of all Slavs. I wonder why, maybe because you are a Croat? This is crazy!!!
    Genetics tells you shit about "White Croats". We don't know the exact place they were located, or if they were in transition or not, or anything about their genetics.
    Be wary of people who tend to glorify the past, underestimate the present, and demonize the future.

Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

I am really not interested in having a politics discussion here, but I did my research on haplogroups and I know that relating haplogroups to nations is definitely a wrong approach, especially with small countries like Serbia and Croatia. The fact is that we are all mixed, both Serbs and Croats (like any other nation) so I don't think you can really make any conclusions of this sort... As far as I am concern, I definitely belong to a great Slavic nation, and I couldn't be bothered to argue whose village is better... :)
    Keep in perspective, that Y DNA represents only 2% of your whole DNA. The big 98% can tell you more important story.

1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 228
    Overall activity: 13.0%

There is problem with that White Croatia story,but there is also hypothesis and recorded names.
    I might start one day separate thread about this stories.
    Tanais Tablets

Among the names on the tablets are those of three men: Horoúathos, Horoáthos, and Horóathos (Χορούαθ[ος], Χοροάθος, Χορόαθος). Those names scholars interpret as anthroponyms of the Croatian ethnonym Hrvat.

Interestingly there is to be found also the name Porga,which is mythicized first Croatian ruler.

Level

Ethnic group
    Croatian

Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    Stop with this White Croatia non-sense finally. Someone mentioned White Croats long time ago in some chronical and you are blowing it up into founding fathers of all Slavs. I wonder why, maybe because you are a Croat? This is crazy!!!
    Genetics tells you shit about "White Croats". We don't know the exact place they were located, or if they were in transition or not, or anything about their genetics.
    I do not know do you understand, Porphyrogenitus in 10th century claims that Croats from White Croatia settled Illyria, Dalmatia and Pannonia.
    Genetics confirms that only for Croats in Balkans there is a path from point A to point B as Porfirogenet claims, Serbs arrive from Greece to Balkans and only genetics of today's people in the Balkans that comes from Greece to Bosnia and Croatia are Wallachian group in the Turkish period who are mostly become Serbs.

Therefore White Croatia may be in Poland, Ukraine, Czech Republic or Slovakia does not matter, and from there one group comes to Balkans, with its epicenter in Croatia and Bosnia. The only record that confirms genetic path is story about Croats and logically leads to conclusion that they came only as Croats which are divided and become this or that.

Does it now a clearer.

You have on the Serbian genetic website claim that Serbs are genetically heterogeneous, unlike Croats and others who are more homogeneous and reason for this is that all Orthodox Vlachs, Croats, Bulgarians, Albanians after departure of Turks from Balkans become Serbs and it is now evident in genetics .
    It's like when Jewish women are surprised that they have origin from Sweden, Poland, Germany, Denmark, etc. This is because Jews have married European women and it is now evident in genetics through female line.

Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 652
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Yes, that is what I find curious, it seems that R1a accounts only for 15% of population in Serbia, let alone subclude Z280 which should not be present at all. So I wanted to see if someone has more info on possible historical connections.
    Your source of information is not correct. Solid majority of R1a in Serbia is exactly R-Z280.
    There is also a consensus about how R-Z280 reached Balkans. It is assumed majority (not all) of it came from Northeast with the Slavs.

Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shetop View Post
    Your source of information is not correct. Solid majority of R1a in Serbia is exactly R-Z280.
    There is also a consensus about how R-Z280 reached Balkans. It is assumed majority (not all) of it came from Northeast with the Slavs.
    My source of information is this website (Ydna maps and R1a article) Also it seems that the dominant R1a subclade in Serbia is M458, although Z280 is also present.

Level
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 652
    Overall activity: 1.0%

My source of information is this website (Ydna maps and R1a article) Also it seems that the dominant R1a subclade in Serbia is M458, although Z280 is also present.
    I don't understand where are you getting that data from. Can you provide some link or a quote?
    One very credible study found 15% of R1a in Serbia, and R-M458 was 3.5%. It is "The phylogenetic and geographic structure of Y-chromosome haplogroup R1a": http://www.nature.com/ejhg/journal/v...hg201450a.html

This table is from the mentioned study and contains results for different R1a branches. There you will see R-Z280 is significantly more frequent in Serbia compared to R-M458:

Attached Images Attached Images

Level
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Overall activity: 5.0%

Quote Originally Posted by hrvat22 View Post
    I do not know do you understand, Porphyrogenitus in 10th century claims that Croats from White Croatia settled Illyria, Dalmatia and Pannonia.
    Genetics confirms that only for Croats in Balkans there is a path from point A to point B as Porfirogenet claims, Serbs arrive from Greece to Balkans and only genetics of today's people in the Balkans that comes from Greece to Bosnia and Croatia are Wallachian group in the Turkish period who are mostly become Serbs.

Therefore White Croatia may be in Poland, Ukraine, Czech Republic or Slovakia does not matter, and from there one group comes to Balkans, with its epicenter in Croatia and Bosnia. The only record that confirms genetic path is story about Croats and logically leads to conclusion that they came only as Croats which are divided and become this or that.
    The text says that Belochrovati were near Francia, subjects to king Otto, so within Holy Roman Empire but also near the 'Turks' (=Magyars) with whom they had good relations. I believe, even Austria is possible.
    Also, apart from the name Chrovats the names Servli, Zachlumi, Tervuniotae, Kanalitae, Diocletiani and Pagani are used by Constantine VII for Sclavenes in the same region.

Level

I am not an expert so you may be right. My info of 15% comes from here: eupedia com/europe/Haplogroup_R1a_Y-DNA shtml (can't post links)

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a-Z280>BY27799
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U4a1

I see that my post was probably lost in the flood of irrelevant ones.

Level

Quote Originally Posted by Artmar View Post
    I see that my post was probably lost in the flood of irrelevant ones.
    Hey, no man, thanks for the feedback, but the thing is that I did my testing in a local center for genetics, so I guess that means I don't qualify?

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a-Z280>BY27799
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U4a1

Hey, no man, thanks for the feedback, but the thing is that I did my testing in a local center for genetics, so I guess that means I don't qualify?
    I still can take a look at your Y-STR markers :)

Level

Quote Originally Posted by Artmar View Post
    I still can take a look at your Y-STR markers :)
    Why not, PM me your contact details.

Level

Ethnic group
    Croatian

Quote Originally Posted by A. Papadimitriou View Post
    The text says that Belochrovati were near Francia, subjects to king Otto, so within Holy Roman Empire but also near the 'Turks' (=Magyars) with whom they had good relations. I believe, even Austria is possible.
    Also, apart from the name Chrovats the names Servli, Zachlumi, Tervuniotae, Kanalitae, Diocletiani and Pagani are used by Constantine VII for Sclavenes in the same region.
    because they are constantly plundered by Franks, Turks and Pechenegs.
    Then Pechenegs had to attack Hungarians and Francs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pechenegs

Therefore White Croatia had to be northeastern in Poland and western Ukraine, in southwestern Ukraine there are about 50 forts that are linked with White Croats.

In White Croatia there are not any Servli, Zachlumi, Tervuniotae, Kanalitae, Diocletiani and Pagani...Today genetically people of this area come as Croats not as Servli, Zachlumi, Tervuniotae, Kanalitae, Diocletiani and Pagani..Croats have not come to Croatia as Tervuniotae but they are genetically same people, this logically suggests that they come as Croats who were later divided.

Tribe proconsul and patrician Michael, son of Višetinog, Archon of Zachlumi comes from unbaptized who lived on the river Vistula
    Those who now live in Zahumlje, the Serbs from the time of that Archon who sought protection of Emperor Heraclius.

When is one Serb mentioned on the Vistula, Serbs according Porphyrogenetus coming from three directions on the Balkan and genetics does not confirm either one, that is because they came to Balkans as Croats who were later divided and become this or that.

Level
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Overall activity: 5.0%

White Croatia can't be in Northeastern Poland or Ukraine. It should be at least West of Vistula, near 'Francia'. If you read the text it will become obvious.
    I am not interested in convincing you, really.

Level

Ethnic group
    Croatian

White Croatia can't be in Northeastern Poland or Ukraine. It should be at least West of Vistula, near 'Francia'. If you read the text it will become obvious.

Do you have genetic ...which Austria..

Ruins of White Croats were found in southwestern Ukraine, main Croatian haplotype I2a originate in southeastern Poland and extreme western Ukraine..

http://www.waughfamily.ca/Ancient/Tr...r%20Hg%20I.pdf

Stiljsko is a village in Lviv province (Mykolaiv district) near Lviv in Ukraine. The archaeological site in that location has great significance for research of history and life of White Croatians.

https://hr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stiljsko
    Last edited by hrvat22; 04-06-16 at 10:51.

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

Wise decision. It is like religion to him.

Junior Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 241

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a>CTS8816>Y2902

Ethnic group
    Slavic

Greetings Inya, I also come from Serbia and have, allow to say, fairly similar Y-test result as you did.

I came 100% probability R1a Y2395>Z284>L448.

Is it not personal question to ask of which geographical part of Serbia does your Y-tree line come from?

Also, does anyone have any more info on those L448 and Y2395?

Thank you in advance!

Elite member Achievements:
    OverdriveThree Friends5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 310

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I-S185
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2b

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Shetop View Post
    I don't understand where are you getting that data from. Can you provide some link or a quote?
    One very credible study found 15% of R1a in Serbia, and R-M458 was 3.5%. It is "The phylogenetic and geographic structure of Y-chromosome haplogroup R1a": http://www.nature.com/ejhg/journal/v...hg201450a.html

This table is from the mentioned study and contains results for different R1a branches. There you will see R-Z280 is significantly more frequent in Serbia compared to R-M458:

We Italians have similar percentage of R1a all over the country except from the Friuli.
    Sicilians and mainlander Southern Italian phenotype galleries.

http://italicroots.lefora.com/topic/1111/Re-Groups-of-Sicilians
    http://italicroots.lefora.com/topic/375/Southern-italians-how-we-really-look

Three Friends5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 7.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a-m458(L260)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U4b1b1

Ethnic group
    75% Slovak, 25℅ American mix

hmm interesting results, maybe your family tree isnt correct, possible a russian grandfather?

Level
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 801
    Overall activity: 9.0%

Quote Originally Posted by Kisuan View Post
    You could be a direct descendant of the original Serbs who migrated from White Serbia to the Balkans. As for others, it seems like a sizable number of modern Serbs are descendants of assimilated local population who lived in the Balkans before the Slavic migrations during the Migration period.
    Only myths, never proved. And Serbs have nothing with Sorbs. Sorbian language is similar to Polish, Kashubian and Czeck, it is not South Slavic language as Serbian.

Level
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 801
    Overall activity: 9.0%

Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    It is about right, however exact location of White Serbia and likewise White Croatia is not known. There is also a thread in which we speculate if I2a Dinaric was part of Slavic expansion or not.
    http://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads...to-the-Balkans
    And this one by Tomenable: http://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads...avic-expansion
    There is a thread by Tomenable in which we are trying to determine Slavic R1a clades.
    http://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads...vic-R1a-clades
    Yes, LeBrok. We see only speculations, nothing more. A lot of water will elapse Danube (many studies are needed) until we obtain a more accurate picture.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast