• Yes,but not always

Votes: 15 8.7%
  • Yes, I don't like meat

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Yes, I don't want to kill animals

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Yes, because of my religion

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Yes, I am vegan (no animal product at all, including eggs and milk)

Votes: 9 5.2%

• Total voters
No.. I am not for killing animals... but.. McDonald's is just too tempting :D lol

I'm vegan.

I like talking to vegans. Most of them are vegan because of their 'humanitarian' ways. But ask any vegan who is vegan because of this, if they eat brocolli. If they do, they are ingnorantly hypocritical. Why? Well to refrain from eating things because of 'feelings of pain' is one thing, but brocolli has a central nervous system. What does that mean? It can feel pain.

*rim-shot* I always love bringing that up to other vegans.

Winter said:
I'm vegan.

I like talking to vegans. Most of them are vegan because of their 'humanitarian' ways. But ask any vegan who is vegan because of this, if they eat brocolli. If they do, they are ingnorantly hypocritical. Why? Well to refrain from eating things because of 'feelings of pain' is one thing, but brocolli has a central nervous system. What does that mean? It can feel pain.

*rim-shot* I always love bringing that up to other vegans.

:? Ahhh.. Brocolli feels me eating it ? Great.. now I'll be afraid to eat brocolli from now on.. lol

I eat meat but I don't like the idea of hunting and shooting animals just to kill it and mount its head on a wall.

I felt so bad for the tiger in FLorida that some idiot was keeping as a pet, and escaped and had to be killed.

I took this poll earlier, but in reviewing my answer, I don't think I ever explained why I was a vegetarian, which was part of the question. My parents were vegetarians due to religious and health reasons. So since I was raised a vegetarian, it came naturally to me, but I remain a vegetarian today not for any religious reasons but strictly for health reasons, as well as my love of animals. I'm a lacto-ovo vegetarian, which means I do eat dairy products, such as milk, eggs, and cheese. Since I was raised a vegetarian, I'm not sure I could eat meat, only because now I have some type of psychological block associated with it. For instance, I remember watching "The Tonight Show" with Johnny Carson once where a woman (I think she was from France) brought him a worm pie as a gift. It was considered a delicacy. He looked like he was going to gag but tried to be polite and said he's eat it later. Yeah, right. Well, that's how I feel towards meat since I was raised not eating it. Somehow I can't get the eating animal flesh out of my mind, whereas for most people, that's no big deal! It's completely normal to them. But it's so foreign for me that's it's quite repulsive, actually. Sorry if that offends anyone! Anyway, hopefully, that answers the question better! :)

I've actually considered becoming a vegetarian a few times, simply because it's healthy. But it's hard when you've had meat in your diet your whole life. I don't think I'll ever be able to push myself hard enough to do it.

To each his own I suppose, but I'm tired of hearing the vegetarian == healthy myth. Sure, a salad is better than eating greasy bacon cheeseburgers every day, but I think the healthiest way of all is a balanced diet with moderate amounts of meat and fish and lots of fruit and vegetables.

Protein deficiency can lead to serious illnesses. Being a healthy vegetarian is more than simply taking the meat out of your favorite dishes; without the meat you generally need to add and combine several ingredients in order to get a complete protein. Also, many vegetarians end up with heart disease because they resort to eating lots of high-cholesterol foods like eggs and cheese for their protein.

I am no vegetarian, as I love meat too much to give it up. :D
I simply love chicken and turkey to give it up....:)
I eat a lot of vegetables, (for some, too much veggie).
I can live without meat for a long time, as I eat vegetables and fruit a lot, but would not give up meat....

I love to eat. Food is my hobby. But my high fat, high sugar American diet is taking its toll. I think my days of Burger, fries and a coke are ending.

I try to eat less meat. Especially red meat-- I think chicken and fish are fine.
My doctor would like me to become a vegetarian because I have a weak liver. I also weigh too much. I can go weeks without meat, but I miss it (no moral qualms here). I also miss Pepsi and chocolate. I avoid the stuff, but it keeps finding me. I also eat very little dairy- somewhere along the way I became lactose intolerant. Right now, I'm eating everything I can get my hands on.

Soy and rice. Fruit and salad. Nuts, nuts, nut...sigh...

By the way, it occurs to me that the best way to save any species on the planet is to eat it or make it a pet. Cows, chickens, pigs, and house pets will never be extinct.

Not a chance in hell. I couldn't live without tonkatsu and burgers.

I enjoy vegetables, especially corn (YUM!) and I have a healthy serving every day. But I gotta have my dead animal too!
:D

:) Well know heres something. I read this on a t-shirt a few times. here it is

"VEGETARIAN:Ancient tribal slang for village idiot who cant ride, fish or hunt"

LOL.

Oh heres another one. Everyone knows about PETA right. well heres what it stands for:
"People Enjoying Tasty Animals" (theres room for all of gods creatures, next to my mashed potatoes and gravy.

@ Flash Jeff:

Beef its whats for dinner tonight" Remember this from the Beef TV commercials on the cable and satillite networks.

welp, i not a vegetarian, butidont eat a lot of red meat. maybe 2-4 times a month. i used to eat more, but lately, i have been improving my diet. evryones metabolism is diff, so id say that being vegan from birth would cause less issues, but changing altogether can cause problems, as was the case with a vegan friend of mine, who after being vegan for 4 years, developed blood type problems due to a lack of certain proteins, iron, and some other nutritional elements that upon the advise of his doctor,
had to start eating meat again. he is much better now with no blood problems. but i also have friends that have been vegan all there lives and have no problems. if i had to eat one food for the rest of my life it would be sushi. such a healthy food. fish for protein, fats. rice for carbs, kelp for all kinds of minerals and nutrients including sodium, and fruits and vegetables for natural sugars, and vitamins. yummmm......right now i eat a lot of chicken and fish, ocasionally pork, but not often. there is no moral implications as far as im concerned. hunting animals is a constant throughout 80% of all species on earth. some native americans ate a lot of red meat, yet were still in general, very healthy ppl. but they also got a lot of exercise, and ate a plethora of fruits, vegetables, roots, spices, etc, to create a balanced diet. so i dont "feel" bad for the animals we eat, it is a natural process that exists everywhere in the circle of life and survival. i dont eat processed foods however, when i can help it. i cook 90% of my own food, because i feel safer and the food is much better.
here is an example of the hardees thickburger > i found these were amusing statistics:)

the hardees 2/3 lb bacon cheese thickburger contains -
total calories - 1,340
fat calories - 870
% of calories from fat - 65
total fat - 96 grams
saturated fat - 40 grams
cholesterol - 205 mg
sodium - 2,110 mg
protein - 56 grams
fiber - 5 grams
carbs - 60

whoa, no wonder america has a weight problem. to work off the calories in this burger, you would have to take a brisk 22 mile walk. and some ppl pound down those things 2-3 a day! disgusting america has become a country of indulgence and convenience....

Martialartsnovice said:
:) Oh heres another one. Everyone knows about PETA right. well heres what it stands for:
"People Enjoying Tasty Animals" (theres room for all of gods creatures, next to my mashed potatoes and gravy.

@ Flash Jeff:

Beef its whats for dinner tonight" Remember this from the Beef TV commercials on the cable and satillite networks.

HAHAHAHA! Martial, that PETA joke was a keeper! Oh, yeah, I remember those beef commericals, just like I recall those spots for pork, a.k.a., "the other white meat".
:cool:

Hey to all the Vegans. I dont mind veges. But I dont see how vegeans eat all of these strange dishes such as Tofu Burgers, and Tofu Hotdogs. Whats next tofu Spam, or tofu steaks.

Someone once said "my ancestors worked their arses off getting to the top of the food chain, and I'll be damned if I let all that work go to waste!".

I agree with that.

Martialartsnovice said:
Hey to all the Vegans. I dont mind veges. But I dont see how vegeans eat all of these strange dishes such as Tofu Burgers, and Tofu Hotdogs. Whats next tofu Spam, or tofu steaks.

tofu_steak.jpg

nice juicy tofu steak, anyone?

I tried eating tofu once. Styrofoam had more taste! UGH! As for Spam, someone should outlaw that stuff! Double UGH!!!!

:eek:kashii:

I eat what I like to eat and try to keep a balanced diet. Vegetables are delicious either raw or cooked, but I usually have them cooked since I can have more of them that way.
Poultry and seafood are the ones I eat most often for protein, rarely game meat such as venison or grouse if I am lucky.

Japanese people are known to have a healthy diet which is one of the factors of their long life span, funny thing is though, they are not afraid of fat so much; I used to eat a lot of pork with a white juicy fat around it.

This thread has been viewed 181421 times.

Back