• Yes,but not always

Votes: 15 8.7%
  • Yes, I don't like meat

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Yes, I don't want to kill animals

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Yes, because of my religion

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Yes, I am vegan (no animal product at all, including eggs and milk)

Votes: 9 5.2%

• Total voters
Vegetarianism is one of the most stupid things ever created. I don't know who was the first creator of this madness but he had a mental illness.

Damn! This is comedy gold. :) I wish they had put English subtitles, though.

Let's just say the majority are not of the "if it makes you happy, it makes me happy". This would have been my husband's nonna Anna's reaction precisely! :) God help you.

I'm Vegan, mostly.

Saves a ton of money and is the quickest route to weight-loss.
Very hard to be strict Vegan 100% of the time, friends offer me a sandwich, or when I eat-out, I will break from Veganism.
When I tell people I'm Vegan they automatically assume my politics are far left and that I'm a Dem/environmentalist/animal rights activist...

I'm not a leftist and resent that the left has hijacked food choices with their politics.
Veganism can give you weight-loss like no other food choices and also lower your cholesterol/blood sugar to normal levels in record time.

i'am vegan since around 15 years at least maybe more i became progressively and i want don't change i have earn 24% at least of less mortality risks maybe more

I'm not vegetarian and I don't ever plan to, (not that I have anything against vegans or vegetarians, I'm engaged to a vegetarian) but I do think Americans eat waaay more meat than they need to.

I'm not vegetarian and I don't ever plan to, (not that I have anything against vegans or vegetarians, I'm engaged to a vegetarian) but I do think Americans eat waaay more meat than they need to.

No, and never would, and I actually think it's one of those stupid new-agey ideas for which there's no scientific foundation.

We're descended from meat eaters, and actually perhaps the mainstream conclusion is that it was the abundant protein and animal fat which fueled brain growth.

Even our digestive system is specifically designed to digest both plants and animals (we have long intestines, which are needed for digesting animal protein ).

Just recently a paper came out that had studied the diet of most Indians, and found that they need at least a 20% increase in animal or fish protein, and that was an Indian paper if I recall correctly.

I've seen where some idiot parents have their babies on no animal protein diets and they were brought to court because the babies weren't developing properly. They should go to jail, just like the similarly idiotic anti-vaxxers.

They really want to go back to a world where some infants routinely die of diphtheria, like some of my relatives from the early 20th century???

This doesn't, of course, mean that I think it's healthy to eat steak every night. Moderation in all things, as the Greeks said, and eat whole foods, not processed food. Potato chips are vegetarian, so are most crisps, and ice cream etc.

I won't be vegetarian, let alone vegan.

I don't think that plants can provide you with the same amount of fats and proteins than animals(closer genetically and in energy needs) do.

If you are living in the EU and you buy meat from a supermarket, this meat will be from vegan feed animals.
Since the BSE crisis(Mad Cow Disease) in the late 90s it is forbidden to feed animal protein to the majority of farm animals like pigs, cows, sheep, chickens and turkeys in the EU. It is only allowed for fish and other predators.
The industrial animal foods on the market are all vegan and based on pea, wheat, lupin or soy protein. They where enriched with lab produced amino acids and vitamins, to secure the health of the animals.
The breeding works well and humanity should be already dead, if this feeders would do harm to the animals or reduce their fertility. They don’t harm the animals or their fertility at all.

There is no reason why primates like humans should not do well on a vegan diet with supplements like other omnivores like pigs or chickens. The food for rats and mice in the animal testing labs is also vegan based and they do well with it.
If it would harm their offspring, this would be a big problem for the animal testing industry.

Humans are descended from primates that ate rough plant matter(leaves), sometimes they hunted other small primates, insects and game animals. With the conquest of the grassland, they evolved to a more meat, root and grain based diet, those things are more energy rich and easier to digest, that reduced the size of their digestive tract over time.

I was vegetarian and vegan some years in my life as I was young, I never had any malnutrition, but I always adhered to the recommendations by doctors about those lifestyles.

The real problem is that you can live on a vegetarian diet with eggs and milk products without any harm, but this produces male baby animals that have no use. You don’t need roosters for eggs, no bulls and bucks for milk, but they will be born. In the past bulls where castrated to work as ox on the fields, but they where replaced by tractors. So why don’t eat them?

On a vegan diet you need a factory to produce vitamin b12 and amino acids to ensure a healthy diet, but in a modern country this is much more efficient than raising animals.
But when you live on a farm and have your own piece of land like me, or you live in a development country, raising animals is the better way.

Veganismin Germany is mostly practiced by two political groups: The far left and the far right. Some few people are interested because of health benefits or because they have a disease like gout, metabolic syndrome or kidney stones.

For the left it is associated with animal rights and anti-speciesism, this is an ideology which compares animals to humans in a sense of their lives value. They want to forbid people to eat meat. It is a duty for a leftist not to harm animals, because they are a marginalized minority and are oppressed by humanity. They are against every form of breeding, selling and raising animals, like the radical animals rights organization PETA.

For the right it is associated with spiritual growth and strength, some Nazi leaders where also vegetarians, because they had greater compassion for animals then for humans. On the spiritual side it is believed that only the Untermensch needs meat. The higher a human being is spiritually evolved, the lesser it needs food. In the end he only needs light from the sun and is a Sonnenmensch(Sun Man) There where cases where adult people fasted to death that where linked to spiritual cults all over the world.
In German vegetarian means Vegetarier/Veget-Arier. One could say the Vegetable Aryan.
From this ideology, the cases of children and babies died from vegan diets arose. They believe, that they don’t need the nutrients that are recommended to practice a healthy vegan diet and only eat natural, unprocessed food. But they don’t contain all the needed nutrients for humans/omnivores.

My personal reason for becoming vegetarian and vegan in my youth was curiosity and interest for Hindu and Buddhist philosophy. There where also much media propaganda about the health benefits. 20 years later there seem to be still some benefits for a meat reduced or vegetarian diet when it comes to some diseases when one is looking at actual studies. Lesser uric acid, lesser cholesterol, lesser colon cancer, lesser overall heart disease.

I am not vegetarian or vegan anymore, because of my lifestyle. I breed, sell and slaughter animals and I don’t see any reason to stop this, this is also part of the cultural life in my region and part of social activities.

I respect people that go vegan for their health, but those that do it to save animals, I have no respect for. The rise of vegetarianism shows how we moved far from nature. People today apply human standards to non-humans. Oh my god, that little piggie gets killed, ohhh noo. Had a conversation with an acquitance and I asked him if he was stranded with his wife and a kid of their own on a desert island, would he kill an animal to feed his family. The answer was no. That was absolutely disgusting to me. I would respect him more if he recited Das Kapital or sang Death to all Croats. I really would. For I can understand someone to hate me, but I can't understand without disgust putting an animal before your own family. It requires great strives to be able to do that, to fight an innate value of utmost priority to protect your own family. No justification for it.

Last edited:
I firmly believe that nature also gave us the right cravings to help us get proper nutrition.
Of course, food flavors are being manipulated to have you crave items you otherwise wouldn't.
It's not the chips you crave, but the artificial flavor.
So if you crave the onion flavor, buy some onions.
Eat fresh and natural and follow your cravings.
Eliminate "taste manipulation" and let nature guide you...
be it to meat or not meat.
However... I bet that you will crave meat. At least here and there.
If you try to fight nature...
... nature fights back:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5gqhFmDfx_/?hl=en

I am not a vegetarian but there are times wherein I try not to consume meat as I want to lose weight.
Do you eat bread, pasta, pizza, chips...?
From what I understand, manmade high-carb food products such as those (vs. natural like rice, potatoes) have very little nutritional value creating a carb overload leading to high weight gain unless you are physically very active.
Your body can literally be starving for the right types of food while you gain weight.

I firmly believe that nature also gave us the right cravings to help us get proper nutrition.
Of course, food flavors are being manipulated to have you crave items you otherwise wouldn't.
It's not the chips you crave, but the artificial flavor.
So if you crave the onion flavor, buy some onions.
Eat fresh and natural and follow your cravings.
Eliminate "taste manipulation" and let nature guide you...
be it to meat or not meat.
However... I bet that you will crave meat. At least here and there.
If you try to fight nature...
... nature fights back:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5gqhFmDfx_/?hl=en

Spot on. I don't write long nonsense essays. Here is the deal people, there is this thing called genetic code. This infrastructure has given you senses and cravings. Just like you use your eyes to see, you need to use your tongue to taste. There are some vegetarians that wrote a ginormous post on why vegetarian is feasible blah blah. Let your body be the judge, eat a high quality steak with the fat then let your senses decide. Your genetic code has millions of years of evolution behind it, the instincts are NEVER wrong.
Your gut does not need a giant essay to convince itself to be or not be a vegetarian, it will decide the matter in a snap of a finger with one bite.

I respect people that go vegan for their health, but those that do it to save animals, I have no respect for. The rise of vegetarianism shows how we moved far from nature. People today apply human standards to non-humans. Oh my god, that little piggie gets killed, ohhh noo. Had a conversation with an acquitance and I asked him if he was stranded with his wife and a kid of their own on a desert island, would he kill an animal to feed his family. The answer was no. That was absolutely disgusting to me. I would respect him more if he recited Das Kapital or sang Death to all Croats. I really would. For I can understand someone to hate me, but I can't understand without disgust putting an animal before your own family. It requires great strives to be able to do that, to fight an innate value of utmost priority to protect your own family. No justification for it.

Well I slightly differ I'm no vegetarian, if you have any Argentinian roots and are a vegetarian you might as well turn in your Argentinian card. But what I don't like about todays industry are these large animal factories that completely destroy the landscape and have a complete disregard for the environment. I'm no hippie myself but I do respect those hippies that choose to be vegetarian to help the environment. I would much rather it be like the old days were food is sourced locally in small family owned ranches...the commercialization of ranching is kind of a dystopian example of todays greed...Now I'm also not for everyone to become a vegetarian because if you want to protect the animals and no one is eating them, why raise them at all? So I'm with you there.

Spot on. I don't write long nonsense essays. Here is the deal people, there is this thing called genetic code. This infrastructure has given you senses and cravings. Just like you use your eyes to see, you need to use your tongue to taste. There are some vegetarians that wrote a ginormous post on why vegetarian is feasible blah blah. Let your body be the judge, eat a high quality steak with the fat then let your senses decide. Your genetic code has millions of years of evolution behind it, the instincts are NEVER wrong.
Your gut does not need a giant essay to convince itself to be or not be a vegetarian, it will decide the matter in a snap of a finger with one bite.

Thank you and likewise.

This thread has been viewed 181421 times.

Back