• Yes,but not always

Votes: 15 8.7%
  • Yes, I don't like meat

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Yes, I don't want to kill animals

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Yes, because of my religion

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Yes, I am vegan (no animal product at all, including eggs and milk)

Votes: 9 5.2%

• Total voters
I am a vegan and have been for 8 years. I've never had any health problems and in fact feel extremely healthy and have never been overweight.

I've been a vegetarian for a while and I felt great. I think that vegetarian food is healthy, but I know by some people that after many years of such a nutrition the body can feel really bad, because for the body is no longer sufficient receiving the vegetarian substitutes for meat. According to that I think that the combined and moderate nutrition that includes all food is a better option, because our body is programmed in such a way that it must receive all kinds of foods.

I've been a vegetarian for a while and I felt great. I think that vegetarian food is healthy, but I know by some people that after many years of such a nutrition the body can feel really bad, because for the body is no longer sufficient receiving the vegetarian substitutes for meat. According to that I think that the combined and moderate nutrition that includes all food is a better option, because our body is programmed in such a way that it must receive all kinds of foods.
Great to hear a voice of reason. Welcome to Eupedia Sedlar.

I don't call myself vegetarian, because 1) I don't like labels; and 2) I don't mind occasionally eating a bit of meat (which I might do once a month or so).

But for the most part, I am, and I love it.

I am vegetarian since about 7 years. I always wanted to go on a vegetarian diet because of ethical reasons, but I somehow didn't find the endurance to stick to that diet. However, when I was 18 years old I did a bicycle tour with my friends which ended with a very bad meat poisoning. After this incident, I never ever felt the need to eat meat again and I didn't try it eather. Although the poisoning was a very bad experience and doctors said I was close to death, I am happy how things turned out finally and that it helped me becoming vegetarian. I do not often use this label, only if people directly ask me, though.

I personally know people who have had major health issues and they started disappearing when they became vegetarian. I personally however have come to truly believe that this is not often due to the meats but rather what meat has become in terms of human interference. Maybe it is healthier these days to be a vegetarian and stay away from the growth hormones etc. which some people apparently tend to have a much stronger reaction to than others.
But I cannot imagine a vegetarian diet being better than a "healthy meat diet" as consumed by our ancestors hunting wild game. So I have not yet given up on meat, but I am trying to be more selective and go with lean turkey, fish and whatever else I feel better after I eat it than let's say pork products.

Cheese is always good unless it's that disgusting garbage from Kraft which from what I read, isn't even real cheese.

I can't decide: Swiss, provolone, Muenster, I'd put all three in between bread and toss it in the toaster!

No I am not a vegan but I am for a better treatment of animals. The method of killing to be as less painful as possible. However I do not understand Vegans who reject milk and cheese I mean that is pointless.

Yeah, I think milking benefits the cow so its udders don't explode.
And I'm never going into veganism, but practices such as stuffing chickens into cages is beyond cruel

Metabolism
by Insitome

Metabolism reveals the (r)evolutionary story behind your diet—how your genome has been tailored over millennia to the foods your ancestors ate, and what it means for you today. Changes in the human diet have resulted in changes in our own DNA. In the process of adopting new diets, we’ve adapted to them as well. Discover the next chapter in the story of you, Metabolism, to find out the truth behind why you are what you eat.

Early next week, this app is coming out (I know because I kept bugging them about it ;) )

I'm looking forward to trying it, because it will give me some insight into how my body processes food.

Early next week, this app is coming out (I know because I kept bugging them about it ;) )
I'm looking forward to trying it, because it will give me some insight into how my body processes food.

You'll be able to compare it to your results at 23andme, because they do something similar.

They told me I was programmed to be less than average weight, and that total caloric intake was the thing to watch, which I do. Thank God it didn't say I should only eat protein, although I love meat and fish and would never give them up, because the corollary would be cut down on carbs.

Of course, white sugar, lots of deserts, sodas etc. aren't good for anyone, but there's no way I would want to give up bread, potatoes, pasta, rice etc.

I am an interesting case. I can eat it but as long as I don't prepare it or kill the meat or what someone else do it. If I don't see it until it is made, I'm ok, otherwise I might puke. I have no vegetarians in my family so this little issue that I have confuses them.

You'll be able to compare it to your results at 23andme, because they do something similar.
They told me I was programmed to be less than average weight, and that total caloric intake was the thing to watch, which I do. Thank God it didn't say I should only eat protein, although I love meat and fish and would never give them up, because the corollary would be cut down on carbs.
Of course, white sugar, lots of deserts, sodas etc. aren't good for anyone, but there's no way I would want to give up bread, potatoes, pasta, rice etc.
Yea, I would never give those up either!

It will be interesting to compare the results once I get them.

There's supposed to 8 different traits the metabolism app will inform me about. It will inform me about some of the ancient ancestry as well; certainly some insight into early farmer ancestry. They will also have an ethnic ancestry app coming down the pike after the metabolism one.

What are those 8 traits? I'm interested

What are those 8 traits? I'm interested

Not sure, but I assume some of it will probably talk about lactose tolerance, and the ability to digest wheat and cereals I bet; linking it to ancient ancestry.

From what I've been told in another thread, my digestive system is well out of the ordinary, which would make sense to me given that those who have ADHD (such as myself) have very unique digestive tracts and imo may require a specialized diet.

This thread has been viewed 182766 times.

Back