R1a in Bulgaria

Relax Goga, 99.999% of humans do not care about ancient genetics, and most people think of it as forensic related to crime and so on. Unfortunately a good number of ones that do they only became interested hoping to discover some kind of superiority in their tribe (whatever mixture that is) only to find out that we all come from Africa. Find some time to relax and have a party, as you are building too many thick walls around you, and that can be detrimental for you health. We only have one life.
I couldn't agree more. Relax dude and hug your neighbor.

Intriguing info Boreas. If I may ask, in your opinion, what the original y-dna haplogroups of the original Turkic speakers were before the assimilation of other groups and their spread? So many Turkic groups nowadays have such a strong variety in haplogroups and admixture that it seems impossible to detail their genetic history or legacies.. (To put this in the context of the thread, it would help out in asserting which clades of R1a should be looked at if we want to judge the impact of the Bulgars. Note, R1a-Z93 could be Scythian as well.)

Really hard question. If you asked Mongolian, I would say haplogroup C. But origin of Turkic people?

Bulgarians do not have Turkic DNA or origins, we are not associated with them. I know that some sources claim that Bulgars were a Turkic tribe, most scholars deny this. There is no evidence of them being a Turkic tribe, they did come from Western Asian/Caucasian area, some scholars say they come from Eastern Iran. Anyways, let's not discuss about Turkish or Turkic people, we have no connections with them and DNA conforms this. I want to focus on the Indo-European genes we have, most are very interesting, especially in ratios. Bulgarians have a very high Celtic DNA. In Igenea it says that that this is the DNA of Bulgarians: [FONT=&quot]R1b - 41% [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]E1b1b - 31% [/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]R1a - 28%; [/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]With R1b being Celtic, E1b1b Thracian and R1a Slavic. [/FONT]

Bulgarians do not have Turkic DNA or origins, we are not associated with them. I know that some sources claim that Bulgars were a Turkic tribe, most scholars deny this. There is no evidence of them being a Turkic tribe, they did come from Western Asian/Caucasian area, some scholars say they come from Eastern Iran. Anyways, let's not discuss about Turkish or Turkic people, we have no connections with them and DNA conforms this. I want to focus on the Indo-European genes we have, most are very interesting, especially in ratios. Bulgarians have a very high Celtic DNA. In Igenea it says that that this is the DNA of Bulgarians: R1b - 41%
E1b1b - 31%
R1a - 28%;

With R1b being Celtic, E1b1b Thracian and R1a Slavic.

I feel like I have to say samething over and over :sad-2:

I didn't say Bulgars are Turkic, I said Turkic DNA could be not just 1% (as you said) maybe 3-5%, don't worry it won't make you Turkic. Your pure blood Slavic Indo-European Bulgar Nation is still clear.

Looking at day and night loop and say that ground is stable, sun and moon is turning around it. This is not a science.

Yes, Celts are mostly R1b, but which R1b?

Main R1b group in Bulgaria is not Atlanto-Celtic

"[FONT=&quot]The R1b in Bulgaria maybe came there with Indoeuropeans befor they split up into celtic, slavic and germanic tribes."[/FONT]
(from Igenea)

Which can be true instead of your Celtic r1b Bulgar theory.

Similary R1a is not just Slavic. R1a became before the first Slav start to walk on Earth.

"[FONT=&quot]Maybe the bulgarian R1a is not slavic R1a - which is possible as not every R1a is slavic. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Slavs also had other haplogroups, but it is very common that modern ethnic groups or peoples do not consist of only one ancient tribe that lived 2.000 years ago. Todays Slavs are not totally the same as the Slavs that spread over eastern Europe 1.500 years ago.[/FONT]"
(from Igenea)

by the way thanks for help, I gain a new source.(y)

On the other hand, the other fact is coming up, Igenea results are too much different then your first. It should be side effect of this kind of search are based on limited samples.

R1a in Bulgarian is like 7.5% of the Slavic M458 and 7.5% of the Slavic Z280 also really small traces of some other subtypes.
I2a Din is one of the most typical genes associated with Slavs, especially South and East Slavs.
R1b is Bulgaria is 5% L23 which is Balkan and Anadolian, 2% of the Italic U152 and some traces of other subtypes.
E1b1b is 20%(maybe more) of the Balkan types called E-V13
J2 is of 5% of the Balkan type J2b2 the rest is mostly J2a which is West Asian and South Euro and Kavkaz.
G2a is mostly of the European type, not the Kavkaz one
R1a and I2a in Bulgaria are associated with the so called Slavs(everybody that speak the language is a Slav)
Gypsy in Bulgarians should be about 1% and Turkic(not Turkish) aboout 2%
We are mostly descendent from ancient Med tribes( the so called Thrachian and the one's before them) and Slavs.

Goths, Vikings, Hellenics, Turkics( not Turkish ) and Celts have also left their track.
Ivan do a Family Tree DNA Test :)

R1a in Bulgarian is like 7.5% of the Slavic M458 and 7.5% of the Slavic Z280 also really small traces of some other subtypes.
I2a Din is one of the most typical genes associated with Slavs, especially South and East Slavs.
R1b is Bulgaria is 5% L23 which is Balkan and Anadolian, 2% of the Italic U152 and some traces of other subtypes.
E1b1b is 20%(maybe more) of the Balkan types called E-V13
J2 is of 5% of the Balkan type J2b2 the rest is mostly J2a which is West Asian and South Euro and Kavkaz.
G2a is mostly of the European type, not the Kavkaz one
R1a and I2a in Bulgaria are associated with the so called Slavs(everybody that speak the language is a Slav)
Gypsy in Bulgarians should be about 1% and Turkic(not Turkish) aboout 2%
We are mostly descendent from ancient Med tribes( the so called Thrachian and the one's before them) and Slavs.

Goths, Vikings, Hellenics, Turkics( not Turkish ) and Celts have also left their track.
Ivan do a Family Tree DNA Test :)

That type (which focus on also subhaplogroups) means a lot. (y)

Number of Bulgaria origin people are increasing in the topic. :grin:

Ivan and Yaan, if you did a DNA test. Could you share it?

That type (which focus on also subhaplogroups) means a lot. (y)

Number of Bulgaria origin people are increasing in the topic. :grin:

Ivan and Yaan, if you did a DNA test. Could you share it?

J-CTS6061(J2a)
H2a2a1

Y-DNA.jpg

And this is my marker map. I am R1a

Nice :) R u Z280 or Z93 or maybe M458 :) R u from Bulgaria or you ancestors were? In our Project we have a division for Bulgarian Turks :)

Nice :) R u Z280 or Z93 or maybe M458 :) R u from Bulgaria or you ancestors were? In our Project we have a division for Bulgarian Turks :)

Yeap I am Z280, the origin of my father ancestry is 100% Bulgaria. My grandpa was born in Central Bulgaria and his wife, my grandma is also from Central Bulgaria but she was born in Turkey

Which project are you talking about?

Yeap I am Z280, the origin of my father ancestry is 100% Bulgaria. My grandpa was born in Central Bulgaria and his wife, my grandma is also from Central Bulgaria but she was born in Turkey

Which project are you talking about?

Bulgarian Project on Family Tree DNA, I am also from Central North Bulgaria on my Mom's side( her dad is J2a also) and I am born and raised there and strongly identify with there, my I ask you were they Pomak from Teteven region or?

Bulgarian Project on Family Tree DNA, I am also from Central North Bulgaria on my Mom's side( her dad is J2a also) and I am born and raised there and strongly identify with there, my I ask you were they Pomak from Teteven region or?

Stara Zagora - Kazanlak, I don't know any Slavic or Pomak root. They are Karamanids according to legends, but with this Y-dna :grin:

I had given a break about genetic work. Now I am on it again

You seemed wise about Family Tree Dna. I want to ask something. I have a match in Bulgaria. Family tree says 2-4th Cousin. How much is closed relative it, what does it mean? How many generation I need to go back to find comman ancester?

Boreas, there is no need for you to be smart mouth or sarcastic with me on a form which I created. You can take your conversations somewhere else please because you are no longer welcomed.

Creating topic doesn't give you right to choose who will write in the topic. You can just gently ask to focus on topic.

You also twisted the conversation

Sorry to not resist to respond your lacking explanations

and didn't apply anything useful

Apperantly, I have talked with a wall. When the source doesn't support your theory, I guess you call it "useless".

or thoughtful except for BS turkman theories ...

Here, we are. Now I can see what is your pain. But you havn't read my posts.

Saying "Modern Bulgars are coming from Turkic Volga Bulgars" is turkman theories.

What I said is "I didn't say Bulgars are Turkic, I said Turkic DNA could be not just 1% (as you said) maybe 3-5%"

I hope you can see the difference.

now take your Turkish ass somewhere else you filth.

First - Wasn't you called the R1a as Slavic??? When I became Turk :LOL:

Second - You are trying to kick out the only Bulgaria originated R1a person (You didn't share yours, so now just me) from the R1a in Bulgaria :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Third - I wish, I could see a smart mouth from you instead of this vulgar tongue.

I mean your just irritating....yeah I know this is a public forum, but when someone says they don't want you and you are still writing and yet again, sarcastically, don't you feel a little discomfort? I mean, I would....then again, I don't know if you people have such feelings or if having a nerve is in your best interests. Don't worry about who's only R1a is commenting so far, it shouldn't be your concern....

Last edited:
What subclades of R1a are present in Bulgaria?

For me M458 is especially interesting.
Is there any R1a-L260+?
What clades of L1029 are present in Bulgaria? Are there any other subbranches of R1a-L1029+ than "East Slavic" YP417+ subbranch of L1029?

I'm curious about the differences between R1a branches in Bulgaria and Romania.

Not big difference, Bulgarians maybe a bit more M458 and Romanians a bit more Z280, but we have more samples of Romanians, in FamilyTreeDNA most people in the Romanians project are Jewish, German and Hungarians from Romania :)

This thread has been viewed 26884 times.

Back