Politics Brexit

Tomenable, wake up. Its not all about Abdul believe me. Besides the Brits and allies were fighting Nazism and Fascism. How unrealistic and cynical. You know the saying of living in glass houses and throwing stones?....apart that, there might be much more Kumars then Abduls.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36656348

I never looked at this video, but now that I have, I don't even understand what it was getting at; it seems totally illogical and disjointed to me, other than the usual oversimplified rant that Brits voted for Brexit solely out of xenophobic fear of Muslims, which fear is justified because they all want to strap suicide belts around their waists. Oh, that's oversimplified too; aren't those kinds of Brits also upset about the Polish immigration?

Is it my imagination, or do a lot of these kinds of internet rants have a sort of "sexual" component to them? You know, they're going to take our women. Some people never get very far from their atavistic impulses.

Anyway, maybe I need to take another coffee; I feel a bit slow this morning.

I never looked at this video, but now that I have, I don't even understand what it was getting at; it seems totally illogical and disjointed to me, other than the usual oversimplified rant that Brits voted for Brexit solely out of xenophobic fear of Muslims, which fear is justified because they all want to strap suicide belts around their waists. Oh, that's oversimplified too; aren't those kinds of Brits also upset about the Polish immigration?

Is it my imagination, or do a lot of these kinds of internet rants have a sort of "sexual" component to them? You know, they're going to take our women. Some people never get very far from their atavistic impulses.

Anyway, maybe I need to take another coffee; I feel a bit slow this morning.

Well said. Besides there is also a message about the young and old divide, portraying the pro EU youngsters as some kind of teenage sluts are lured by 'Muslim sex' (how sick) when in fact we know that the most educated and well informed and well travelled British youths were more likely to vote in favor of the EU. Buon Giorno by the way . I will be off to sleep in a few hours :)

Look I posted that video mainly because it is funny. Not that I agree with 100% of what it says.

Is it my imagination, or do a lot of these kinds of internet rants have a sort of "sexual" component to them? You know, they're going to take our women.

Hmm, yes indeed - probably you are right. This video is a "more educated rant" about this issue:

^^^ All of those are of course just rants by supporters of the Evil Western Patriarchy: :wink:

Angela said:
Oh, that's oversimplified too; aren't those kinds of Brits also upset about the Polish immigration?

I have been discussing
on ScyscraperCity Forum with some Poles who live in the UK.

Most of these Poles are very Pro-Muslim, Pro-Multiculturalism, with very leftist views, etc. They feel as part of this cultural "enrichment" process too. So I am not surprised that Brits also get upset about them. Even my own
cousin who emigrated to Germany several years ago and lives in Hannover is now very much in favour of taking in refugees and of open borders for Germany. Her facebook friends are mostly people with Non-European ancestry who live in Germany. In Hannover there are probably more Turks and other Muslims than Germans, as she says. So I wouldn't be surprised if Germans who vote for parties such as AfD also don't like Polish immigration.

Most of Poles who live in the UK have similar views to LeBrok. They would welcome unlimited numbers of Muslims.

Is it really surprising that various groups of immigrants support each other ???

Yes, Polish immigrants are also part of this problem, because they buddy up with Muslim immigrants.

You see, I am far from white-washing my own ethnic group or defending it.

If the majority of Brits think that Poles are causing problems in the UK, then they are probably right.

I have been discussing
on ScyscraperCity Forum with some Poles who live in the UK. Most of these Poles are very Pro-Muslim, Pro-Multiculturalism, with very leftist views, etc. They feel as part of this cultural "enrichment" process. So I am not surprised that Brits also get upset about them. Even my own cousin who emigrated to Germany several years ago and now lives in Hannover is now very much in favour of taking in refugees and of open borders for Germany. Her facebook friends are mostly people with Non-European background who live in Germany. So I wouldn't be surprised if Germans who vote for parties such as AfD also don't like Polish immigration.

Most of Poles who live in the UK have similar views to LeBrok. They would welcome unlimited numbers of Muslims in Britain.

Is it surprising that immigrants support each other ???

Tomenable, it's irrelevant what opinions the Poles who immigrated to the U.K. actually have. The issue is what do British people of the Brexit variety think of Polish immigration? That may have nothing to do with how Poles feel about Muslim immigration or indeed how assimilated they actually are...it may have to do strictly with economics, with the fact that they believe they are taking jobs away from U.K.people.

It might even be true that the non-Brexit Brits don't mind immigration, or are willing to put up with it for the benefits they perceive as accruing to EU membership, but are not very keen on immigration from Poland because they think it's a hotbed of racist, white supremacist anti-Muslim ideology. You might be right, and those are not the opinions of the Poles actually in the U.K., but as I said, there's often a big gap between stereotype and reality.

See:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ish-citizens-face-backlash-after-brexit-vote/

David Cameron said numerous times that EU nationals are a drain on the U.K. Social Welfare system.

These are the same kinds of things that are said here about Mexican immigrants.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13428...nglish-but-union-jacks-now-flying-high-again/
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/jun/17/immigration-british-attitudes-harden-benefits

Basically, they don't care how "white" Poles are; it's not relevant.

Don't take it to heart. During WW2 there was a famous saying in the U.K. about the American military personnel: over-paid, over-sexed, and over here.

Among some UK people the concern has more to do with their perception of the values of these Polish migrants. Notice I said perceived, not actual. I would think this is probably more prevalent among liberal, more upper class stay-in-Brexit types, but bizarrely it also seems to have led some people to vote for Brexit.

"It is very strange to me that there has been little to any commentary on Polish racism towards Black and Asian British people. This is the only reason that I shall be voting out. I am fed up of many Polish people that i have encountered leveling racism my way – the use of the N word seems to be perfectly fine to them. I do not see why I should have to put up with being called a monkey just because Polish people come from a homogeneously white country and rarely encounter people of other races. Polish people have imported their own discriminatory practices into the UK and made life very difficult for many British people of colour."

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/brexitvote/2...-in-the-uk-is-complicated-by-their-whiteness/

Tomenable,

This last video is blocked, but I have no idea how patriarchy enters into this discussion.

Whoever is making those youtube spots really has to cut down on the drugs: what looks good and logical when someone is high doesn't present like that to someone who is sober.

As for the others, feminism is totally off topic for this thread. I don't want to believe that you're the type who when a woman bests you at something responds with a rant about feminism.

There's nothing at all wrong with the kitchen and the bedroom, Tomenable, so long as those aren't the only two rooms we're allowed to enter.

Most of Poles who live in the UK have similar views to LeBrok. They would welcome unlimited numbers of Muslims.

There is no way to have any reasonable discussion with you, if you don't care for the facts. Cite me saying that I support unlimited Muslim immigration to Europe or unlimited immigration in general.
My advice to you is, go abroad, see the world, meet all the people and stop being so freakishly afraid of anything and anyone that is different from what you see in your little place. If not, you are going to die frightened old man. Frightened of this Armageddon and Sodoma, which you think is coming, and coming, and coming, ever closer, and coming,...

What they said

rsz_cikhd7axaaiklxc.jpg

What they will do

[video]http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-referendum-result-nigel-farage-nhs-pledge-disowns-350-million-pounds-a7099906.html[/video]

It seems that according to UK law its Parliament that has to ..................... decide . why was there a referendum in the first place?
One might ask. Norway slipped out without a ripple.

UK was never really deeply and honestly into EU project... i understand their reasons to leave EU..

It is bad decision if we see it as a short run but very beneficial if we see it in long run for Britain.

This thread has been viewed 30533 times.

Back