Spanish Language Music

Estrellita Castro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSA-jReMVrQ

Estrella Castro Navarrete, known as Estrellita Castro (Seville, June 26, 1908-Madrid, July 10, 1983) was a Spanish singer and actress. Although it is included in the genre of the copla, he also sang other styles such as pasodoble and tango.

She was the daughter of a Galician fishmonger, José Castro Bascuas (born in 1875) and his wife, the Malagan Sebastiana Navarrete Funes (deceased in 1953) being the youngest of eleven siblings. From the age of eleven he attended the academy of the teacher Realito and to be able to pay him he carried out the domestic chores of his house. With twelve years he acted for the first time in front of the kings Alfonso XIII and Victoria Eugenia.

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estrellita_Castro

Hitler came to say: You are the most beautiful Spanish woman my eyes have seen. Mussolini gave him a ring of emeralds and diamonds. Both paid their show, of course.

Copla (meter)

The copla is a poetic form of four verses found in many Spanish popular songs as well as in Spanish language literature. There is a related musical genre of the same name. The form is also found widely in Latin America. The name derives from the Latin copula, ("link" or "union").
Coplas normally consist of four verses de arte minor (that is, of no more than eight syllables to a line) of four lines each, either of Spain's most characteristic popular meter, the romance (8- 8a 8- 8a), or of seguidilla (7- 5a 7- 5a) or redondilla (8a 8b 8b 8a).

COPLA ANDALUZA

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copla_(music)

Ojos verdes.

IMPERIO ARGENTINA

Magdalena Nile del Río, from the artistic name of Imperio Argentina (Buenos Aires, Argentina, December 26, 1910 - Torremolinos, Malaga, Spain, August 22, 2003), was a Spanish-Argentine actress, singer and dancer.

Her mother was Rosario del Río, born in the town of Monda, province of Málaga, daughter of a judge. His father was Antonio Nile, born in Gibraltar, a mechanic by profession and also a great music fan.

It has been criticized by the Argentine Empire for accepting the invitation of Goebbels, propaganda minister of the Third Reich, to shoot in Germany. It was presented to Adolf Hitler, who then suggested that he interpret a biography of Lola Montes, the Irish adventurer and dancer. The project is not carried out, but Imperio does roll a Spanish version of Carmen by Prosper Mérimée entitled Carmen la de Triana.

In the German studies of the UFA coincides with Marlene Dietrich. As a result of this encounter it has been suggested that both had an affair, something that the actress always denied. Imperio also met then Estrellita Castro, while filming Mariquilla Earthquake.

His sympathies for the Hitler regime led him to boycotts and repulses in front of the theaters of New York, Buenos Aires and Mexico, D. F.

TATTOO (Copla)
(Version of Pedro Almodóvar in the short film Tatuaje)

He came in a boat, with a foreign name.
I found the port one night,
when the white lighthouse on sailboats
his silver kiss dropped.
He was beautiful and blond like beer,
the chest tattooed with a heart,
in his bitter voice, there was sadness
mournful and tired of the accordion.

And before two glasses of brandy
on the stained counter,
he was telling me between teeth
the old story of his love:
Look at my tattooed arm
with this woman's name, it is the memory of the pastthat he will never come back

She loved me and she forgot me,
On the other hand, I did not forget it
and forever I'm marked
with this woman's name.

He left one afternoon, with an ignored direction,
in the same boat that brought it to me
but between my lips, it was left forgotten,
a lover's kiss, which I asked.
Wanderer I look for it by all the ports,
I ask the sailors for him,
and nobody tells me, if he is alive or dead
and I continue in my doubt looking for him faithful.

And I'm bleeding slowly
from counter to counter,
before a glass of brandy
where my pain drowns.
Listen to me sailor,
and tell me you know about him,
he was gallant and haughty,
and was more blond than honey

Look at your foreigner name
written here, on my skin.
If you find it, sailor
tell him that I, I die for him

Lovers of the forbidden, short film by Pedro Almodóvar that includes songs from Latin America and Spain.

BAMBINO

Miguel Vargas Jiménez (Utrera, February 12, 1940-ibídem, May 5, 1999), artistically known as Bambino, was a flamenco cantaor, a renovator of the so-called flamenco song.

Miguel Vargas Jiménez was born on Calle Nueva de Utrera on February 12, 1940. He was the third child of the gypsy couple formed by Manuel Vargas Torres "Chamona" and Francisca Jiménez Ramírez, "Frasquita" Diego's daughter "Gaspar's" and sister of Manuel de Angustias. The Jiménez were known in Utrera, especially, because they had a meat board in the Mercado de Abastos. Miguel studied at the Salesian Schools of Utrera and was part of the Consolation Choir in his childhood, in an annex to the sanctuary that houses the patron saint of the city. In his adolescence, he worked as a hairdresser with his father and in other Utrera barber shops. By then, in the mid-fifties, he was attracted to flamenco singing and dancing. Participated in family parties of the Calé community, organized for weddings, baptisms or sayings that had as protagonists close relatives.

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miguel_Vargas_Jiménez,_Bambino

Voy (I go)

I'm going to wet my lips with holy water
to wash the kisses that once gave me your damn mouth.
I'm going to put a red-hot iron in my eyes
for a thousand times I prefer to be blind than to see you again.
I'm going to try to forget that you were once mine
I go with my dream to kill the love of my life.
to wash the kisses that once gave me your damn mouth.
I'm going to try to forget that you were once mine
I go with my dream to kill the love of my life.
to wash the kisses that once gave me your damn mouth,
your damn mouth.

l 0 l

Utrera

Utrera is a Spanish municipality, the ninth most extensive of the Andalusian community, cataloged as honorific city of flamenco, located in the province of Seville, in the autonomous community of Andalusia. It belongs to the region of La Campiña. It is head of the judicial party to which the municipalities of El Coronil, Los Molares, Los Palacios and Villafranca and Utrera belong.

It has an important monumental heritage, and the entire historic center has been declared an Asset of Cultural Interest as a Historic-Artistic Site since 2002.

It is considered one of the historical cribs of flamenco, and a place of reference in the origin of the brave bull, existing in its municipal area several famous livestock. It is also worth mentioning its horse breeding, which provides studs of recognized prestige.

Within the municipality of Utrera, numerous archaeological remains have been found: idols, axes, arrowheads, ceramics, as well as various stone utensils that reflect the presence of man since prehistoric times. It is remarkable the discovery of funerary monuments of the megalithic culture, which took place between the Neolithic and the Eneolithic, extending until the Bronze Age -circa 2500 a. C.- and the Iron Age -circa 800 a. C.

There are vestiges of intense trade in the area during the pre-Roman period. The most significant findings are of Phoenician, Tartessian and Turdetan origin.21

From Roman times date the first written data on the existence of important populations in the area. Strabo, in book III of his Geography, relates:

It was populated by Caesar soldiers who were emeritus and veterans.

Strabo. Geography (1st century BC)

The Turdetans, and especially those closest to Betis, have completely adopted Roman customs, renouncing their national language and as many of them have been granted the right of Lazio and many of its populations have become colonies Romans, it is not strange that all are Romans today.30

Strabo. Geography, III.

Visigothic tombs from the Early Christian period have been found, as evidenced by the tombstones and terracottas, the anagrams of Christ present in the burials, as well as the symbols of the Old Testament and the legends alluding to Christian eschatology.

The sixteenth century marked a period of great prosperity for the people of Utrera, and so denote the many public works undertaken at that time. Convent, hospitals, churches and palace houses were built, squares and streets were urbanized and sanitation and water supply infrastructures were carried out. The reign of Felipe II marked the high point of the economic bonanza of the town. In 1570, Utrera was the first population of the kingdom of Seville after the capital.

During the War of Independence, French troops occupied Utrera. This fact caused great damage to both the population and its architecture, leaving the town in a difficult situation.

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utrera

AMOR (Love) by Lolita

Lolita is a singer daughter of the great Lola Flores (Jerez de la Frontera) and of the Catalan gypsy also artist the "pescadilla" (fish whiting)

Love, love, love, love, love
I would like to stop
Now time
For being with you
Always feeling
As I feel now
I've never felt
You make me daydream
I feel like a girl

When I look in your eyes
Sky blue
Your smile is white
Wheat is your hair
I see dawn
In your face
I do not want to part
From you a moment

I'm going crazy
There I want that
Live from your caresses
And with your kisses
Because being with you
It's all so beautiful
That I feel happy
With seeing you happy

Love

Willing to die for SpainThe legion carrying the Christ of the good death. Subject: I am the boyfriend of death. Semana Santa Málaga 2018

Nobody in the Third knew
who was that legionary
so bold and reckless
that the Legion enlisted.

Nobody knew his story,
more the Legion supposed
that a great pain bit him
like a wolf, the heart.

More if someone who was was asking
with pain and rudeness he answered:

I am a man to whom luck
wounded with a paw of a beast;
I am a boyfriend of death
that will join in strong tie
with such a loyal companion.

When the fire was rougher
and the fiercest fight
defending your Flag
the legionary advanced.

And without fearing the push
of the exalted enemy,
he knew how to die like a bravo
and the banner rescued.

And by watering the hot earth with their blood,
murmured the legionary in a hurt voice:

I am a man to whom luck
wounded with a paw of a beast;
I am a boyfriend of death
that will join in strong tie
with such a loyal companion.

When, at last they picked him up,
between his chest they found
a letter and a portrait
of a divine woman.

And that letter said:
"... if one day God calls you
for me one position claims
that to look for you soon I will go ".

And in the last kiss I sent him
his last farewell consecrated him.

For going to your side to see you
my most loyal companion,
I became a boyfriend of death,
the tight with strong tie
and his love was my Flag!

----------------------------------

Last edited:
Hombre Carloh, pero la marcha de loh tercioh no l'abiah puesto.

-----------------------------------------

Last edited:
--------------------------------------------

Last edited:
....................-----------------------------

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 95029 times.

Back