Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
Results 401 to 412 of 412

Thread: The genetic structure of the world’s first farmers

  1. #401
    Banned Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Parafarne's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-04-17
    Age
    34
    Posts
    96
    Points
    1,550
    Level
    10
    Points: 1,550, Level: 10
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 300
    Overall activity: 4.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R
    MtDNA haplogroup
    Eurasian

    Ethnic group
    Caucasian
    Country: Afghanistan



    Quote Originally Posted by Megalophias View Post
    All of Natufian Y DNA was CT. All non-Sub-Saharan African ancient Y DNA everywhere has been CT.
    There was one T one H from same geogrpahy same time yet different research my dear! plus two were CT which could be F, D, C too not just E.

  2. #402
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    kingjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-09-16
    Posts
    181
    Points
    4,160
    Level
    18
    Points: 4,160, Level: 18
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Overall activity: 2.0%


    Country: Uruguay



    Quote Originally Posted by Parafarne View Post
    There was one T one H from same geogrpahy same time yet different research my dear! plus two were CT which could be F, D, C too not just E.
    they might be T and H among the natufians in addition to e-z830
    i doubt they were J and R but who knows i might be wrong

  3. #403
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    30-09-16
    Posts
    174
    Points
    4,236
    Level
    18
    Points: 4,236, Level: 18
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 0%


    Country: Canada



    Quote Originally Posted by Parafarne View Post
    There was one T one H from same geogrpahy same time yet different research my dear! plus two were CT which could be F, D, C too not just E.
    Both Natufian CTs were E1b1b according to Genetiker (could be wrong but probably not). The T and H2 are from Pre-Pottery Neolithic thousands of years later and with more Anatolian-type ancestry. At present we don't know whether the Natufians had T and H2 or not.

    Anyway, sorry I wasn't clear, what I was trying to ask is do you mean CT is Basal Eurasian, or part of CT Is Basal and part is Crown Eurasian, or what?

  4. #404
    Elite member Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    25-10-11
    Location
    Brittany
    Age
    70
    Posts
    4,305
    Points
    34,401
    Level
    57
    Points: 34,401, Level: 57
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,049
    Overall activity: 33.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b - L21/S145*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H3c

    Ethnic group
    more celtic
    Country: France



    Quote Originally Posted by Parafarne View Post
    oh yes I meant n.african, but if today you mix half hg E+ half eurasian hg then why you get people with very dark complexions then why since ancient times n.africans were on caucasoid side in your view?how they don't look like ethiopians for example? Sudanese has more eurasian hg than say morocco(85% E) so please explain why sudanese don't look like algerians?
    Sorry but I'm a bit confused by this last post of yours: what is 'hg E' for you? The Y-haplogroup one? if the haplo, it cannot be compared to "half eurasian" (global autosomals). Otherwise, 1- modern Egyptians are not very dark concerning skin, as a whole - 2 -
    classification doesn't depend only on skin colour, bones structures and other traits are more important concerning DNA weight -
    and the paleo N-Africans showed very few common features with Ethiopians, and even Egyptians of the 3000 BC were a bit different from Ethiopians. BTW I'm not sure there are not sustructures concerning types among today Ethiopians. You produce comparisons and %'s that are a bit unbased, according to me.No offense.

  5. #405
    Banned Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Parafarne's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-04-17
    Age
    34
    Posts
    96
    Points
    1,550
    Level
    10
    Points: 1,550, Level: 10
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 300
    Overall activity: 4.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R
    MtDNA haplogroup
    Eurasian

    Ethnic group
    Caucasian
    Country: Afghanistan



    Quote Originally Posted by Megalophias View Post
    Both Natufian CTs were E1b1b according to Genetiker (could be wrong but probably not). The T and H2 are from Pre-Pottery Neolithic thousands of years later and with more Anatolian-type ancestry. At present we don't know whether the Natufians had T and H2 or not.

    Anyway, sorry I wasn't clear, what I was trying to ask is do you mean CT is Basal Eurasian, or part of CT Is Basal and part is Crown Eurasian, or what?
    IMO CT, natufians were half bEU half african.

  6. #406
    Banned Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Parafarne's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-04-17
    Age
    34
    Posts
    96
    Points
    1,550
    Level
    10
    Points: 1,550, Level: 10
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 300
    Overall activity: 4.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R
    MtDNA haplogroup
    Eurasian

    Ethnic group
    Caucasian
    Country: Afghanistan



    0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOESAN View Post
    Sorry but I'm a bit confused by this last post of yours: what is 'hg E' for you? The Y-haplogroup one? if the haplo, it cannot be compared to "half eurasian" (global autosomals). Otherwise, 1- modern Egyptians are not very dark concerning skin, as a whole - 2 -
    classification doesn't depend only on skin colour, bones structures and other traits are more important concerning DNA weight -
    and the paleo N-Africans showed very few common features with Ethiopians, and even Egyptians of the 3000 BC were a bit different from Ethiopians. BTW I'm not sure there are not sustructures concerning types among today Ethiopians. You produce comparisons and %'s that are a bit unbased, according to me.No offense.
    lol look haplogroup e1b1b1 origin is in ethiopia or not? at some point they looked more sub saharan or not? so then they mixed with eurasians to make natufian culture, n.african cultures(mesolithic) so I was discussing how, when this process happened in this region. megalopolis is saying complete natufian ydna were Hg E1b1b so I then said how come they looked eurasian which group is resposible for their caucasoid looks today bEU or some other group?

  7. #407
    Regular Member Achievements:
    3 months registered10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    07-08-18
    Posts
    842
    Points
    10,677
    Level
    31
    Points: 10,677, Level: 31
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 573
    Overall activity: 76.0%


    Country: Germany



    Quote Originally Posted by Parafarne View Post
    lol look haplogroup e1b1b1 origin is in ethiopia or not? at some point they looked more sub saharan or not? so then they mixed with eurasians to make natufian culture, n.african cultures(mesolithic) so I was discussing how, when this process happened in this region. megalopolis is saying complete natufian ydna were Hg E1b1b so I then said how come they looked eurasian which group is resposible for their caucasoid looks today bEU or some other group?
    Mesolithic East Africans more often than not tend to be Caucasoid, like Mesolithic North Africans:


  8. #408
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    30-09-16
    Posts
    174
    Points
    4,236
    Level
    18
    Points: 4,236, Level: 18
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 0%


    Country: Canada



    The Taforalt men (Morocco 14-15 000 years ago) all had E-M35 and they were modelled as about half (maybe less) Ancestral North African and half (maybe more) West Eurasian. A likely scenario is that E-M35 came with the African side and the mt DNA (M1, U6) with the West Eurasian side. In the same model Natufians had modest Taforalt-related ancestry, so the Ancestral North African element was minor and likely already diluted.

    Just because 5 male Natufians from Rafeqet Cave were (probably) all E-M35 doesn't mean all Natufians everywhere must have been, and even if they were it doesn't mean they had to have half their autosomal ancestry from the original source of the E.

    Estimates of proportions of Basal Eurasian ancestry vary wildly, and I'm still not sure it even existed, but certainly they aren't half Basal and half East African or anything like that. Natufians hardly show any detectable Sub-Saharan African affinity at all.

  9. #409
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    14-12-16
    Posts
    11
    Points
    1,892
    Level
    12
    Points: 1,892, Level: 12
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 258
    Overall activity: 0%


    Country: Afghanistan



    Taforalt is a very interesting population. The Dzudzuana pre-print (hopefully the full study gets published relatively soon) explicitly stated they had no SSA ancestry, but they seem very diverged from all other Eurasian populations, and on PCA they plot basically like contemporary North Africans, though whether that's an artifact of projection bias I don't know. I don't really make too much of them being modeled as "Ancestral North African" and West Eurasian for now. I think they probably do have some very diverged African ancestry from the Aterian period, but that's going to be too old to tie back to E-M35.

  10. #410
    Banned Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Parafarne's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-04-17
    Age
    34
    Posts
    96
    Points
    1,550
    Level
    10
    Points: 1,550, Level: 10
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 300
    Overall activity: 4.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R
    MtDNA haplogroup
    Eurasian

    Ethnic group
    Caucasian
    Country: Afghanistan



    0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    So n.africans, e.africans must have been thouroughly eurasianized in levant before let them populate africa in prehistory, I thought its very recent phenomena.

  11. #411
    Banned Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Parafarne's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-04-17
    Age
    34
    Posts
    96
    Points
    1,550
    Level
    10
    Points: 1,550, Level: 10
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 300
    Overall activity: 4.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R
    MtDNA haplogroup
    Eurasian

    Ethnic group
    Caucasian
    Country: Afghanistan



    0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Important findings regarding origin of basal eurasians, well they were the southern group of old lineages like hg g, f togather with n.african hg e, but the question is why they hadn't had neanderthal mixture? well because they lived in proxemity to hot desert of s.levant and neanderthals after living 700,000 years in cold northern climate regions could not settle in bEU areas because of allergy to hot clime so these groups didn't intremingle with eachother. after thousands of years bEU moved north\westward to form part of middle eastern mixture we see nowadays. africans too lived in hot climates so they didn't have neanderthal mixture.

  12. #412
    Banned Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Parafarne's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-04-17
    Age
    34
    Posts
    96
    Points
    1,550
    Level
    10
    Points: 1,550, Level: 10
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 300
    Overall activity: 4.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R
    MtDNA haplogroup
    Eurasian

    Ethnic group
    Caucasian
    Country: Afghanistan



    I have found some Natufian skull reconstructions, and yes you are so right they look very Eurasian, Levantine early farmer like.
    Attachment 10987


    Attachment 10988

    Attachment 10989
    the last one is from Egyptian kid
    IMO EEF, WHG were too like Levantine natufians.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •