Politics Brexit: not inevitable

Brits will be just fine = as f*cked up as every other country in this century.
Trade will find its ways. Finance will find its ways even better given that Brits will be able to apply more "business friendly" AML requirements and would not have to comply to 4th EU AML Directive that is coming up soon.
I foresee leave as rather cosmetic thing leaving Brits less regulated but "still there".

Why we frighten Greece Portugal Spain and now England
THAT OUTSIADE EU THERE IS NO SALVATION?

why outside the big parties like Eu NATO USA etc is surely hell and burn,

Norway Swiss etc are not in such coalitions yet they manage well

are we attacking British for their desicion?
come on

IT REMINDS ME THE OLD STORY THAT CHRISTIAN BISHOPS USED TO SAY,
'OUTSIDE THE CHURCH THERE IS ONLY DOOM AND HELL, NO SALVATION'

and frighten the peasants, Notice not the faith, but the church

did the reformationists burn in hell?
well Europe suffered from religious wars but nobody can say that there is no hope or salvation/survivor outside EU.

EU is not a fiscal Union yet,
it better all nations to decide before we enter that phase.

and EU is not the promise land, land of Kanaan,
EU must must recosinder her inner policies,
the economical cruck of Eu by entrance of ex iron curtain countries is now far behind,
these countries today have developed their skills and progress, and in future might go further,
so the inner policy must change,
we must define borders, better customs at borders, and secure laws,
EU MUST PROTECT ITS CITIZENS, NOT HER NOBLE CORPORATIONS,

as for England/Britain,
I expand at another post,
THEY MUST FINISH THAT QUICKLY,
MAX at 3-5 years,
IF ENGLAND WAS OUT OF EU LAWS TODAY 500 000 immigrants would force to leave and 300 000 English would find job easily,
although the longer the precedure England might loose 500 000 jobs until 2020 if the exit is a delay, long time promise.

as for the big market called EU,
well England only has to produce EU standards to be in (CE-Certificate European)
but can easily turn to the rest of the world if revives the old BS (British standarts)
as for the migrate of corporations etc etc, from London,
come on,
until 20th century 2 myths move the world naval merchants
London and Dutch
'Brittania rules the World' and 'Flying Dutchman'
but today no one can say that, cause the Hong Kong and China naval forces are ahead
modern Titanic or Bretanic her brother are not British, neither European,

and England secret industry is elsewhere today, medicine production,
if plays the game well, she can force many countries and Union to accept her rules,
THE SHOCK OF BREXIT IS AT BOTH, ENGLAND AND EU
BUT THE BIGGEST SHOCK IS AT MODERN GLOBALIST-BANKING SYSTEM,

SOMEONE DARE TO SAY NO TO GLOBALIZATION,

and back to national state,
and that is what hurts to the rich of the world,
the limit of space to expand their corporation and Banking empires,

the economical issues are easily broken, and are vulnerable at such a mess,
JUST LOOK
Nokia and Erickson,
the 2 fantastic corporations of EU (Finland and Sweden)
we all remember the first mobile devices of EU, and many play at stock exchange believing at these 2,
Today which mobile corporation produces phones at Europe?
Nokia is at India (microsoft) and Erickson become Sony.
WHAT DID EU to keep and develop these 2?
simply the easy mathematicks of profit, sell the patterns and know-how and today produces none, etc etc,
but the unemployed European citizen see his shelf without insurance, job, and that makes him lunatic,
much of mental illness in EU of today is due to unemployment.

to finish,
Both EU and England (Scots and N irish might ask for indepedence) will survive,
the ones who lost will be the rich guys and bankers,
the one who learned to live by hard work, and eating a glass of milk, a slice of bread, few olives, and 2 tomatoes from a small garden will survive,
TIME TO BRING EUROPE BACK TO THE VALLUES OF 50-60-70's
and time to decide all Europeans what Europe they want and for who.

PS
when I was young the conomy I first sited was
90% of TV and vacuum cleaners were from Deutschland
radios from Netherlands
most medicines from England
Italian Belgian German Yugoslavian cars
meat and razors and electic cables from France, (and Argentina)
later mobiles phones from Scandinavia,
and Fruits from Greece (etc Spanish for Spain, Italian for Italy)

Today as EU citizen i see
70% of Tv from Korea (1/10 of EU population) some made in Europe for Korean corporations. and the rest from Turkey
Medicines from India
Cars which parts are not European, only the name, BMW tottaly from Turkey, (Bayerische Motoren Werke!!!!)
meats from wherever with Dioxines, etc etc
mobiles from China and India,
and fruits from S America and Africa etc etc

that is the EU dreamed at 1950's? or at 1970's?
mental ill unemployment youth, drinking coca cola, listening to crup, consuming drugs,
and work at brothels? in the name of temporay numerical profit?
while non EU corporations are getting richer and richer?
THE DREAM WAS A NON WAR EUROPE, AND A HUGE MARKET FOR ALL EU CORPORATIONS,
NOT FOR ME A SOUTHERN TO EAT ORANGES FROM BRAZIL DUE TO PROFIT OF A BIG CORPORATION, AND SELL MY PRODUCTION TO RUSSIA, AND HAVE AN EMBARGO OFR CURIOUS REASONS.
NOT A NORTHERN EUROPEAN TO BUY A EUROPEAN CAR MADE IN CHINA, FOR THE PROFIT OF ANOTHER CORPORATION,

PS 2
Taxation money is an analogy of income to help state survive and give issues,
when you destroy the helthy taxation system, and say Big Corporations pay big amounts,
then you are lost and dead, you buy the future of your children and sell it,
supporting bankers Globalization and Big Corporations all we do is bring more immigrants, born less kids, raise taxes to low class, and soon we will face our shelves in another world,
stangers in a strange land.
AND ENGLISH PEOPLE DECIDE NOT TO ENTER THAT FUTURE, BUT TO ANOTHER,

PS3
today at East parts of EU in the name of NATO, USA has developed troops for the fear of Russian attack.
Korean corporations (co-incidense?) Develop there very well, and overpass many European corporations productions,
Notice, USA troops, Korean Corporations, NOT EU troops, not EU corporations, in a big area with high industrial production as East Europe, which might be more industrial at future, EU shows so weak, at areas where Europeans needed her hand, due to ex-communism status,
Notice Aegean sea, not Eu naval forces, but NATO forces,
SO makes Wonder is the EU so strong as we claim her to be?
or a puppet in globalizations games?

After 50 years of EU, and even inner immigration, a big idea of EU dreamers, is an anarchy system,
and we pay so high salaries to EU politicians,
We Need EU for the English Scott Bulgarian Esthonian Portoguese citizen, and not for XYZ Bank or corporation,
either change the population, bring new and make it a heaven for non Europeans, who buy and produce 'European products'
what if they change the population? nothing, the world will keep turning,

Last edited:
With all respect I am not too sure if you really know what you are talking about, or maybe not too familiar with British (more English) psyche towards the EU in general? especially from the conservative party?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2f8nYMCO2I

I'm talking about Euroscepticism which is spreading and growing all over the EU and which adds up to the British island mentality.
The British never wanted the Euro nor Schengen, but leaving the EU was not a real option for them 10 years ago.

The construction that was made to make a political union was not a proper construction for that purpose and hence the European political union has failed.
Instead of a political union, a playground for politicians has been made.
That has created growing Euroscepticism and not just in Britain.

If the EU wants to prevent further calamities it will have to close down this politicians playground. But who will do that? I don't think the politcians will do it themselves.

I think the Swiss are intelligent, they have been resisting joining since the beginning. The UK never really wanted to join, that is why they have only one foot in the European Union and one foot out, the other members kept on persuading them to join. Many British like English speakers, many of the EU countries don't speak English. However it is not just about that it is much more than that. This is now a disaster for them and the EU. Scottish people will see this as a great opportunity to try to gain independence, and if they can get it, the other ethnic minorities such as Catalans, Bretons, maybe Corsicans as well...will take this opportunity to try to get their independence.

Last edited:
....... Brexit or not, the rich and the young will always find a way to adapt, even if that means moving abroad. Those who voted for Brexit will ironically be left with even less than they have now by pushing away people who are paying their healthcare, well-fare and pensions.....
EU/Brussels needs to turn it's attention and political managerial expertise to countries like Venezuela[large oil reserves, strong central government, gun control- can do wonders], and perhaps future EU candidate Turkey.Stop focusing so much on U.K. independence.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2014/11/02/venezuela/18243787/
The benefits of Turkey joining the EU, are obvious with the allocation of energy/resources to provide help for millions of refugees fleeing tyranny.

I think the Swiss are intelligent, they have been resisting joining since the beginning. The UK never really wanted to join, that is why they have only one foot in the European Union and one foot out, the other members kept on persuading them to join. Many British like English speakers, many of the EU countries don't speak English. However it is not just about that it is much more than that. This is now a disaster for them and the EU. Scottish people will see this as a great opportunity to try to gain independence, and if they can get it, the other ethnic minorities such as Catalonia, Bretons, maybe Corsica as well...will take this opportunities to try...

Let's not discriminate. Everyone who want's a democratic vote for independence no matter what country shall have their say!

I am disappointed by some of the reactions here (nordicwarrior, Sile, Aaron1981, Maleth, Yetos), but it is not surprising from people who aren't British, haven't lived in Britain and do not have any personal tie to the country. I should have mentioned from the start where I stand personally and emotionally. I am Belgian, but I have studied and lived in England and still spend about a third of my time in the country. I have family and friends in England. I have followed the Brexit debate attentively for the last few months, most of the time from England itself, and I am as flabbergasted as most Londoners and most of the political class by the results of the referendum, especially when all opinion polls had the Remain camp winner.

I started this website 12 years ago as a travel guide to England and Belgium. I personally feel more British than Belgian and have considered in the past adopting British citizenship. I didn't because as an EU citizen that wouldn't change much. I was happy dividing my time between England and Belgium. Now, if the UK or just England and Wales are to leave the EU, it would change everything and that would make me reconsider my whole life and my future.

More importantly, I don't think that the EU can survive in the long-term without Britain. Even if it did, it wouldn't be the European Union as I have always known it. I think that the closest analogy for an American to understand how it would feel would be if the states of New England and New York were to declare their independence from the rest of the USA. Surely the USA would survive, but it wouldn't be the same country anymore, for ever.

Just like New York in the US, London is Europe's largest city, its financial capital, its most cosmopolitan city, and in my eyes also its cultural capital (I know many southern Europeans might disagree, but that's how most northern Europeans see it). The EU without London is no better than the US without New York.

Additionally English is one of the three working languages of the EU (along with French and German), and the only real lingua franca between Europeans, including in the EU neighbourhood in Brussels. It would feel very odd for EU workers from now on to discuss in English if England isn't part of the EU anymore. It would be a daily reminder of that tragic Brexit.

It's not just politicians who have warned that Brexit would be terrible for the British economy. All serious newspapers and news sites, from the Economist to the Financial Times, and from the BBC to the Guardian, all agreed on this. It would be a major blow to British scientific research, which produces 6.9% of global scientific output and represent a third of all of the EU's scientific researchers.

If the UK leaves the EU without joining Schengen, it would be catastrophic for the 3 million Europeans living in the UK and 1.3 million Britons living in the EU. Most might be force to leave the place where they have made their life, leaving behind their house, friends, country of adoption... I can't imagine such a scenario.

Leaving the EU will affect th daily life of British citizens in many more ways, as explained here by Mashable and the Guardian, for example. The worst would be the property crash that will ensue if the 3m EU citizens in the UK are forced to leave. This will effectively wipe out a lot of money directly out of British people's pockets (home valuation). The financial sector in London, the heart of the British economy is expected to drop by about 10%. The simultaneous crash of properties and financial services will lead to a recession that could be worse than that of 2008, and with no EU to help recover this time.

Britain would also lose numerous benefits from the EU, including consumer protection, temporary workers' rights, maternity leaves, environmental protection (ban on dangerous chemicals and pesticides), agricultural subsidies (£27bn annually), and so on.

Maciamo, I'm baffled by the fact that you're repeating the controlled media's scaring tactics! The EU didn't do much for Britain anyway. It's also really not surprising that the LEAST British part of England (London(istan)) voted more in favour of Remain than Leave.

Maciamo, I'm baffled by the fact that you're repeating the controlled media's scaring tactics! The EU didn't do much for Britain anyway. It's also really not surprising that the LEAST British part of England (London(istan)) voted more in favour of Remain than Leave.
Baffling it is.
I'm surprised the nation that gave us our modern language called "English" spoken in world wide populations anywhere from 300 million - 700+/- million,and used for commerce and science, survived for thousands of years without foreign rulers, cannot run without the help of foreign people? Who feel they can write new laws/rules, and create new taxes, for the original successful autochthonous population.
Native speakers360–400 million (2006)[2]
L2 speakers: 400 million;
as a foreign language: 600–700 million[2]

I wonder if it is technically possible for London to separate from GB and remain in EU, the way Scotland wants to do?

I am disappointed by some of the reactions here (nordicwarrior, Sile, Aaron1981, Maleth, Yetos), but it is not surprising from people who aren't British, haven't lived in Britain and do not have any personal tie to the country..

Maciamo just for your knowledge, my G grand father is English from Surrey (that does not mean much because I do not remember him) Malta was a colony under British rule to a time I can recall in my childhood. My Grand mother lived the last 20 years of her life in London, both my brothers are married to English women (one of them returned to retire in Malta) and all their siblings are married to English people too. Myself I worked in London for 5 years, Besides I have visited England some 14 times. My work locally gets me regularly in contact with British people (not only English) so Im not that unfamiliar.

Baffling it is.
I'm surprised the nation that gave us our modern language called "English" spoken in world wide populations anywhere from 300 million - 700+/- million,and used for commerce and science, survived for thousands of years without foreign rulers, cannot run without the help of foreign people? Who feel they can write new laws/rules, and create new taxes, for the original successful autochthonous population.

Britian was ruled by many foreigners since you mentioned thousands of years. Romans, Vikings, Normans...beside the Anglo invasions. You need to check up the history :)

I wonder if it is technically possible for London to separate from GB and remain in EU, the way Scotland wants to do?

I heard that Scotland can Veto the UK leaving the EU. But I think all this will not happen. The referendum cannot be ignored, it was well debated and who voted leave did so from their heart. If others wanted to remain and did not vote, then they should have made an effort if it was so important to them. If it was a protest vote or they regret it now its too late. Everyone knew what they were doing. Best thing that can happen is for Ireland to become one country (as it used to be) Scotland gain independence and England and Wales carry on with the task they have voted for. Good or Bad there are many lessons that are going to be learned. Such is life.

and he is right, again

13502107_10154250056573695_427179259271673103_n.jpg

I heard that Scotland can Veto the UK leaving the EU. But I think all this will not happen. The referendum cannot be ignored, it was well debated and who voted leave did so from their heart. If others wanted to remain and did not vote, then they should have made an effort if it was so important to them. If it was a protest vote or they regret it now its too late. Everyone knew what they were doing. Best thing that can happen is for Ireland to become one country (as it used to be) Scotland gain independence and England and Wales carry on with the task they have voted for. Good or Bad there are many lessons that are going to be learned. Such is life.

Ireland is not one country and there was a reason for it. It won't be that simple.

Why not? London(istan) is hardly English anymore!

That has nothing to do with the EU. Those immigrants are a result of the Empire pre EU accession. Most of the Recent immigration was mostly from EU Countries with the largest being from Poland and India has got much a bigger share then Pakistan

Complex indeed but was considered as one Island until very recently.

Ireland is not one country and there was a reason for it. It won't be that simple.

I agree. Unless the northern Irish have changed a very great deal very recently they're not going to want to disappear into a Catholic Ireland even if it's not so very Catholic anymore.

As for Scotland, its exit from Britain is predicated, I think, on there being a healthy European Union to join. That's true for many of the separatist movements.

If, after a hiccup or two, Britain does fine, I think you're going to see either more exits from the EU or a renegotiation of different "deals". It may suit Scotland better to stay where it can have more influence on its future and just negotiate for even more autonomy.

One of the more interesting aspects of this for me is, as I said above, that there is indeed a limit to how much the media can change people's minds. From people I know who work in the London markets and live there year round, the BBC was virtually 24 hour a day anti-Brexit content. It didn't make any difference.

@Maleth,

That was certainly vintage Thatcher: No, no, no! She'd be very happy if she were still around and compos mentis. The Tory party has indeed changed. The same thing is happening in the U.S. There are going to be some serious re-alignments and perhaps new parties forming. In my opinion, I think there's a real question whether actual "conservatives" in the Republican party are going to support Trump, although I don't know if many of them are going to formally exit from the party like George Will.

@Silesian,

Were you being serious or not? I don't know you well enough to be able to tell. :)

This thread has been viewed 72334 times.

Back