Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Brexit: not inevitable

Banned Achievements:
    250 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Maleth View Post
    Well I am not sure if you watched the video I posted. He traveled day after referendum to Scotland (who voted over 60% to remain in EU) but complimented the Brits in general for leaving saying its a good good thing for taking control. (would he not wish other countries the same?) Why would you think I am naive for thinking that Trump supports a fractured EU? Isnt it obvious enough? and why would you think he is not interested in EU affairs if he mentioned it in his speech with SUCH prominence.
    You should calm down. Trump has no power over the EU. As I said, it's the EU (and the European peoples') decision. And I am usually a right-wing voter myself, although I don't like Trump very much..but I have stated here quite clearly why I think leaving the EU was a bad decision. So, take whatever you can.. and learn from it.

Regular Member Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 274
    Overall activity: 13.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    Yes
    MtDNA haplogroup
    Yes

Ethnic group
    German

As I predicted, Brexit is widely used as a scapegoat for the cracks in world economy (new banking crisis in Europe, currency devaluations), distracting from the central banks failures. If world economy were sound, Brexit wouldn't cause any significant damage. Brexit is merely a tiny catalyst. Before the full economic situation is exhibited, a "surprising incident" will happen.
    I didn't expect though that some people (Cameron, media) have the guts to blame the british referendum result on Putin(TM), even though there is not one single evidence that Putin hates EU (even though considering what EU did in Ukraine, it wouldn't be surprising).
    This is how the blame game works: we are always right. If not, then it was because of Emmanuel Goldstein.

Banned Achievements:
    250 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by ElHorsto View Post
    As I predicted, Brexit is widely used as a scapegoat for the cracks in world economy (new banking crisis in Europe, currency devaluations), distracting from the central banks failures. If world economy were sound, Brexit wouldn't cause any significant damage. Brexit is merely a tiny catalyst. Before the full economic situation is exhibited, a "surprising incident" will happen.
    I didn't expect though that some people (Cameron, media) have the guts to blame the british referendum result on Putin(TM), even though there is not one single evidence that Putin hates EU (even though considering what EU did in Ukraine, it wouldn't be surprising).
    This is how the blame game works: we are always right. If not, then it was because of Emmanuel Goldstein.
    Who is supplying Europe with your oil? It is not us Americans. Hold on, think for a second. If Russia is crushed, what is going to happen to the EU? And especially if the UK proves themselves to be more successful without the EU...

King Achievements:
    Three Friends10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Overall activity: 0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    EV13 A7136 y18675G+
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

Quote Originally Posted by Korbyn View Post
    You should calm down. Trump has no power over the EU. As I said, it's the EU (and the European peoples') decision. And I am usually a right-wing voter myself, although I don't like Trump very much..but I have stated here quite clearly why I think leaving the EU was a bad decision. So, take whatever you can.. and learn from it.
    Well you heard what Trump had to say in Scotland. Its a good good thing (Brexit). - if anyone does not understand that, I don't have much more to say.

Banned Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 222
    Overall activity: 26.0%

Ethnic group
    Albanian

1 members found this post helpful.
    Well you heard what Trump had to say in Scotland. Its a good good thing (Brexit). - if anyone does not understand that, I don't have much more to say.
    Yes, he said this the next day after the referendum.

Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,222
    Overall activity: 42.0%

are you chocked? did he have no right to do so?
    I know of 1 major American politician who toke side before the poll.
    Even Putin could restrain from that.

King Achievements:
    Three Friends10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 30

Y-DNA haplogroup
    EV13 A7136 y18675G+
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

Quote Originally Posted by bicicleur View Post
    are you chocked? did he have no right to do so?
    I know of 1 major American politician who toke side before the poll.
    Even Putin could restrain from that.
    Not really shocked and that is totally besides the point anyway. The point is its very silly for anyone to say Trump does not care about EU and does not have anti EU sentiment with such comments. Is it difficult to understand?

Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 131

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I1-L22
    MtDNA haplogroup
    X2

Ethnic group
    Scandinavian

Not really shocked and that is totally besides the point anyway. The point is its very silly for anyone to say Trump does not care about EU and does not have anti EU sentiment with such comments. Is it difficult to understand?
    I generally agree with you but one can't forget that as an individual, Trump is a blustering, uninformed idiot and flip flopping opportunist. Not only does he generally lack a complete and total understanding of the most important issues facing the world, but he also changes his stances and opinions depending on the room he's in--with people like this, it's hard to ever truly know what they actually support or do not support.

When he was in Scotland, he didn't intentionally support Britain's decision to leave the EU, knowing that Scotland voted to remain. In true Trump fashion, he didn't know that Scotland voted to remain and was merely speaking out of his ass, as he is wont to do. He tweeted this the day after the referendum: "Just arrived in Scotland. Place is going wild over the vote. They took their country back, just like we will take America back. No games!" He's simply fed right-wing talking points by his handlers and he repeats them like a less intelligent Mynah bird--usually, his handlers point him in the right direction and set him loose but this time, someone messed up (most likely Trump himself).

And again, aside from his idiocy, he is a professional flip flopper. This is Trump in 2013, speaking on the need for European/International economic interdependence: http://edition.cnn.com/2013/01/22/bu...-trump-europe/

"The near meltdown we experienced a few years ago made it clear that our economic health depended on dependence on each other to do the right thing.

We are now closer to having an economic community in the best sense of the term -- we work with each other for the benefit of all.

I think we've all become aware of the fact that our cultures and economics are intertwined... It's a time for working together for the best of all involved. Never before has the phrase "we're all in this together" had more resonance or relevance."
    "We will have to leave borders behind and go for global unity when it comes to financial stability...

Europe is a tapestry that is dense, colorful and deserving of continued longevity and prosperity. There are many pieces that must be carefully fitted together in order to thrive.

Our challenge is to acknowledge those pieces and to see how they can form a whole that works together well without losing any cultural flavor in the process. It's a combination of preservation along with forward thinking."
    Does that sound like someone who'd support Britain leaving the EU? lol He is a joke. I do agree that, now, he seems to hold nativist, anti-EU views but my overall point is that we can't be sure that he authentically holds these views or if this is just another bout of political expediency. His past comments tend to support the latter. But who knows when he will next alter his position.

Baron Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveThree FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 560
    Overall activity: 26.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I1 (M253)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

Ethnic group
    European Mix

Wanderlust, I don't agree with much of what you've said here-- but you are well-spoken, thoughtful and intelligent.

All that being said-- you are not yet wise.

Elite member Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 222
    Overall activity: 7.0%

Dramatic impact on UK economy:
    http://finance.yahoo.com/quote/%5EFTSE/news

Look at that drop in 27th of June!!!

Advisor Achievements:
    Level

Quote Originally Posted by arvistro View Post
    Dramatic impact on UK economy:

Look at that drop in 27th of June!!!
    yes, but on the other hand, look here :

http://finance.yahoo.com/chart/GBPUSD%3DX

Elite member Achievements:
    Level
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 222
    Overall activity: 7.0%

I was being sarcastic :)
    Stocks went down in Panic and with big noise to return back to normal and even grow in silence few weeks later.

P.s. I cant see your link.

Advisor Achievements:
    Level

Quote Originally Posted by arvistro View Post
    I was being sarcastic :)
    Stocks went down in Panic and with big noise to return back to normal and even grow in silence few weeks later.

P.s. I cant see your link.
    the link shows the GBP/USD rate
    it is the invers of the graph in your link

Seasonal Member Achievements:
    Level
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 760

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I am human
    MtDNA haplogroup
    I am human

Ethnic group
    I am citizen of the world, or you could call me Chiwanese

Now, with Britons living across the EU now wondering what Brexit will mean for their legal status abroad, many in France are looking to become citizens – a protracted process that mainly involves collecting a vast array of documentation

桃李滿天下

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567