Y DNA J1 and J2 - Semetic/Neolithic Farmers and Mesopotamia. European J-P58.

I don't know why 'Semitic' is still used in scientific circles. It is a fake Biblical race. Noah had thee sons: Shem, Ham and Japhteth (?). Ham was supposedly banished to Africa and his descendants are most likely Haplogroup E. Now Noah must also be Haplogroup E and his other two sons. The human race descended from these guys. From Shem we get the Semites and the rest of the world from Japhteth. We should all be Haplogroup E i.e. the males. So Semites is a fairy tale race as much as Noah.

you are correct
but it is a linguistic term today,
not a genetical one.

You say it's a total coincidence that TWO supposed Italian-Americans have extremely similar mtDna and yDna subclades, and "Asia Minor" scores on Nat Geo, and they both happen to post around the same time, except that when Azzuro is posting, Patrizio 22 is very silent, but as soon as Azzuro is banned, Patrizio 22 shows up again.

OK, I'll play along, you're two totally different people. It's just a complete coincidence. Next.

You were asked to make your flag match your IP address, which is Paris, France. That is a long standing Eupedia rule. No exceptions. You didn't do it. One infraction.

You went on a tirade and posted insults against a team member. Second infraction.

Keep going...at ten points you have an automatic ban. You can reach that with one or two posts.

As for closing accounts, there's no way to do it to my knowledge. Sikelliot has rather made this request a hallmark of sites where he posts. Perhaps we should set the lyrics to music.

In terms of the substance of your question, since the data you present is virtually indistinguishable from that presented by Azzuro, the answer will be about the same. By all means ask any questions that would clarify matters if you don't understand those answers.

This azzurro member you talk about has the following haplogroups:

About Azzurro

Country Flag:
ItalyMother tongue:EnglishEthnic group:ItalianGender:MaleY-DNA haplogroup:J-Z482mtDNA haplogroup:R-U5a2b

Does he have a french IP like me?

But it doesn't matter, I have never intervened on any thread, except this which was created by me to ask questions about my results. It was called "italian j1 questions about my haplogroup". Then you mixed it with another thread about haplogroup j2 and became this thread. What's the point of being a ***** if you don't intervene on other people's thread? If this is your line of work you could have answered what I was asking you.

Last edited:
When I had my results, a few months ago, I created another thread on anthrogenica by the same title: italian J1, questions about my results. If you go to this link down here you can see that someone called "principe" has intervened on that thread and has the same haplogroups as this "azzurro".
His Join Date is:
09-07-2016
What have you done to this "principe" or "azzurro"? This is the last time I go to a forum.

http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?6228-italian-j1-questions-about-my-haplogroup/page7

Last edited:
Is by any chance anyone making fun of me? Today a new member appears on anthrogenica where I've got another thread. His name is principe, he's got the same haplogroups as this "azzurro" and writes a new post precisely on my thread.

Yesterday I was told my haplogroups identical to a certain "azzuro" which has J-Z482 and mtDNA haplogroup:R-U5a2b. (?)

If you can, please give me a rest at least on anthrogenica.

Last edited:
If you have a problem with Azzuro and his suspiciously similar dna data suddenly appearing on anthrogenica and intervening in your thread, contact the moderators there. Why would you think I can help with that?

All I can do is enforce the rules of this Board. I can't go chasing crazies around the internet. Although, now that I think about it, it would have its perks. You know, the caped destroyer of internet racists, nut-jobs, and assorted ******. Maybe I could pick a deep azzure blue for the cape. :)

Which leads me to the fact that you have yet to change your flag to reflect your IP address. It is against Eupedia rules for the flag not to reflect your IP address. Failure to do so results in an infraction.

It's all very clearly stated in the rules and guidelines. You've been told this now three or four times. You've already received one infraction for it. Fix it.

On my mothers side is Puccini (grandfather) and Mancini (grandmother) Rozzi (ggmthr). I am mtdna U1. Grandfather from Capoliveri, Elba and grandmother from the mountains. My grandmother used to say her ancestors would move to another mountain and lose their family let alone the spelling. I don't know if my grandfather was related to the composer but I would expect he'd have bragged about it if he was.

I am interesting why J1 (especially P58) is present in Europe. Does it all come from the Jews? Or at least most of it.

I think that European J1 mostly comes from Jewish diaspora. Prehistoric farmers might not carry this haplogroup in large amount.

To which subclades European J1 belongs?

I am South Asian with Brahmin-like DNA and J1-P58 and no Near Eastern Admixture as far as I can tell.

A late contribution to the discussion.
I'm from Black Sea region in Turkey. Both my yDNA and mtDNA hablogroups are J1 (what a coincidence). My DNA consists mostly of Caucasian origin (around 55 %) as expected, but surprisingly accounted as 21 % Italian.
Until I used mytrueancestry.com I couldn't figure the reason. But now I have 7000 year approximation on where and when my ancestors lived. This could also help Italian J1's to understand their own.
Besides possible Islamic Invasion I would rather account J1s popping out in Italy to the Roman invasions.
It seems like that my oldest ancestors were living in Zagreb Mountains in Iran and the Eastern and Southern Caucasia.
Sample comparisons from the 3rd millennia BC. shows that they moved to the Levant and Anatolia and concentrated in Levant (Canan, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon and Northers Syria) until the Roman invasion of Middle East in 1st century B.C. Here is when I see dozens of samples related to me genetically popping up in Italy. Mainly focused in and around Rome. Until the 5th century A.D.
So I suppose a good portion of J1's in Italy have migrated to Italy during the long Roman centuries from Middle East.
Hope it helps.

J1 predates Semitic people.

A late contribution to the discussion.
I'm from Black Sea region in Turkey. Both my yDNA and mtDNA hablogroups are J1 (what a coincidence). My DNA consists mostly of Caucasian origin (around 55 %) as expected, but surprisingly accounted as 21 % Italian.

There is no such a thing like Italian DNA, your DNA is not 22% Italian, possibly this is the result of one of many commercial ethnic estimates, many of which are inaccurate or unreliable.

Until I used mytrueancestry.com I couldn't figure the reason. But now I have 7000 year approximation on where and when my ancestors lived. This could also help Italian J1's to understand their own.
Besides possible Islamic Invasion I would rather account J1s popping out in Italy to the Roman invasions.
It seems like that my oldest ancestors were living in Zagreb Mountains in Iran and the Eastern and Southern Caucasia.
Sample comparisons from the 3rd millennia BC. shows that they moved to the Levant and Anatolia and concentrated in Levant (Canan, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon and Northers Syria) until the Roman invasion of Middle East in 1st century B.C. Here is when I see dozens of samples related to me genetically popping up in Italy. Mainly focused in and around Rome. Until the 5th century A.D.
So I suppose a good portion of J1's in Italy have migrated to Italy during the long Roman centuries from Middle East.
Hope it helps.

J1 in Europe is not only widespread at low percentages in Italy, it is also found in other areas of Europe. Although there is the possibility that a part of J1 in Europe spread in Roman times, there is no evidence that all J1 is due to this.

Ds2Mc2z.png

While the J1 originate closely with the levant it is worthwhile to remember the Hebrew diaspora due to the Romans. Transport by boat was not closed to them and Greece and Italy were on the way to Spain and the eventual Portugal before their eventual trip to the new world. I come from a line of Crypto Jews in New Mexico, USA. I am a J-P58>....>J-Z18297...>J-ZS3979. A family oddity is we have relatives with Greek names.

While the J1 originate closely with the levant it is worthwhile to remember the Hebrew diaspora due to the Romans. Transport by boat was not closed to them and Greece and Italy were on the way to Spain and the eventual Portugal before their eventual trip to the new world. I come from a line of Crypto Jews in New Mexico, USA. I am a J-P58>....>J-Z18297...>J-ZS3979. A family oddity is we have relatives with Greek names.

J1 does not originate in the Levant, it came with Iran-like ancestry in the Bronze Age.

In addition to the local ancestry from Epipaleolithic/Neolithic people, we found an ancestry related to ancient Iranians that is ubiquitous today in all Middle Easterners (orange component in Figure 1B; Table 1). Previous studies showed that this ancestry was not present in the Levant during the Neolithic period but appeared in the Bronze Age where ∼50% of the local ancestry was replaced by a population carrying ancient Iran-related ancestry (Lazaridis et al., 2016). We explored whether this ancestry penetrated both the Levant and Arabia at the same time and found that admixture dates mostly followed a North to South cline, with the oldest admixture occurring in the Levant region between 3,300 and 5,900 ya (Table S2), followed by admixture in Arabia (2,000–3,500 ya) and East Africa (2,100–3,300 ya). These times overlap with the dates for the Bronze Age origin and spread of Semitic languages in the Middle East and East Africa estimated from lexical data (Kitchen et al., 2009; Figure 2). This population potentially introduced the Y chromosome haplogroup J1 into the region (Chiaroni et al., 2010; Lazaridis et al., 2016). The majority of the J1 haplogroup chromosomes in our dataset coalesce around ∼5.6 (95% CI, 4.8–6.5) kya, agreeing with a potential Bronze Age expansion; however, we did find rarer earlier diverged lineages coalescing ∼17 kya (Figure S2). The haplogroup common in Natufians, E1b1b, is also frequent in our dataset, with most lineages coalescing ∼8.3 (7–9.7) kya, though we also found a rare deeply divergent Y chromosome, which coalesces 39 kya (Figure S2).

https://www.cell.com/cell/fulltext/...m/retrieve/pii/S0092867421008394?showall=true

This thread has been viewed 77985 times.

Back