Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Countries like UK

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    04-07-16
    Posts
    13


    Country: Romania



    Countries like UK

    If UK leaves EU are there any other countries left that speak english?I understand that i have to learn their native language but i only know british english and i don't know other languages at an advanced level.I know there is USA but i don't like their dishes and sweets.
    I don't know so much about there culinary culture but i have to say that the italians make the most delicious spaghetti with tomato souce.I want to imigrate to a country with delicious pastas like Italy and with sea foods(Greece).I want a country that has delicious foods but with less spending money on taxes,accomodation,etc.A country that helps you improve financialy.
    I know that in Greece english is allowed but i don't know what type of language you need.
    P.S.:There was a blonde woman that asked me what is an aunt.Is she american?
    That blonde lived in Greece.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    04-07-16
    Posts
    13


    Country: Romania



    Uh 22 views and no replies..

  3. #3
    Elite member Coriolan's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-12-12
    Posts
    197


    Country: Switzerland



    1 members found this post helpful.
    How can you live in the EU and not know that Ireland is an English speaking country in the EU too? If you want a Mediterranean country that is English speaking and in the EU try Malta or Cyprus which are both former British colonies.

    Sent from my LG-D620 using Eupedia Forum mobile app

  4. #4
    Advisor LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,295

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    alex77, don't leave your country, I'm afraid you could vanish in this big wide world. You are not ready.
    Be wary of people who tend to glorify the past, underestimate the present, and demonize the future.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    22-10-15
    Posts
    4


    Country: United Kingdom



    english-will-not-be-an-official-eu-language-after-brexit-senior-mep
    I am not allowed to post a link but try the above and....


    No he has a point.

    Although English is the most used language both in Europe and in official EU circles (some French as well), Britain is the only EU country that official uses English. Ireland and Malta use English but have not nominated this as the Official language - Gaelic and Maltese, nominated respectively.

    Less publications from the EU will be translated into English (maybe none) once Brexit happens.

  6. #6
    Advisor bicicleur's Avatar
    Join Date
    27-01-13
    Location
    Zwevegem, Belgium
    Posts
    5,731


    Country: Belgium - Flanders



    Quote Originally Posted by peccavi View Post
    english-will-not-be-an-official-eu-language-after-brexit-senior-mep
    I am not allowed to post a link but try the above and....


    No he has a point.

    Although English is the most used language both in Europe and in official EU circles (some French as well), Britain is the only EU country that official uses English. Ireland and Malta use English but have not nominated this as the Official language - Gaelic and Maltese, nominated respectively.

    Less publications from the EU will be translated into English (maybe none) once Brexit happens.
    they'd better concentrate on the real problems inisde the disfunctional EU government instead of quarreling which language to use after Brexit

  7. #7
    Elite member Coriolan's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-12-12
    Posts
    197


    Country: Switzerland



    Quote Originally Posted by peccavi View Post
    No he has a point.

    Although English is the most used language both in Europe and in official EU circles (some French as well), Britain is the only EU country that official uses English. Ireland and Malta use English but have not nominated this as the Official language - Gaelic and Maltese, nominated respectively.

    Less publications from the EU will be translated into English (maybe none) once Brexit happens.
    I have looked it up and English is also the official language of Ireland and Malta. Many countries have more than one official language. Switzerland has four.

    Sent from my LG-D620 using Eupedia Forum mobile app

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    04-07-16
    Posts
    13


    Country: Romania



    And what is your point ?Do you have a solid argument?Explain me what you were saying

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    04-07-16
    Posts
    13


    Country: Romania



    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    alex77, don't leave your country, I'm afraid you could vanish in this big wide world. You are not ready.
    Ok but i would really like a solid argument for that..Oh and that comment from above is for you.

  10. #10
    Advisor LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,295

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    Quote Originally Posted by alex77 View Post
    Ok but i would really like a solid argument for that..Oh and that comment from above is for you.
    Could you post the PM you send to me as my answer?

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    04-07-16
    Posts
    13


    Country: Romania



    You want me to send you a pm?

  12. #12
    Advisor LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,295

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    Quote Originally Posted by alex77 View Post
    You want me to send you a pm?
    Nope, I wanted you to post your PM you send it to me here. I consider it self explanatory for my judgment.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    04-07-16
    Posts
    13


    Country: Romania



    All i wanted is a country where i could travel and learn new types of works in domains.I am in a electronics specialty and i want to find a job in electricity but i couldn't find nothing.It is related to chemistry(electronical configuration,atom,proton) and all sort of things that i love in electricity.
    Is there no country where you could find a job in this domain.I am a student in junior year and i want to do something with my life but i'm not totally sure if i'm ready to face reality.I searched on google jobs and i found electrician which is an entry-level job.Do i have to be a slave?I don't want to work with a low wage,that's the worsest payment.Don't they have something that suits electronical configuration,atoms,electrons?I don't want to be treated as garbage.
    I mentioned that i'm in junior year of hs and not college.I had never worked in a company before so all i know are:
    how resistors are connected in series or parallel,how generators are connected in serries or parallel(to understand this phenomenom i had to accomplish an experiment at home with a dc motor and i learned how that circle spinned)

  14. #14
    Regular Member Twilight's Avatar
    Join Date
    29-06-12
    Location
    Clinton, Washington
    Age
    27
    Posts
    898

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-U152-Z56-BY3957
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c7a

    Ethnic group
    15/32 British, 5/32 German, 9/64 Irish, 1/8 Scots Gaelic, 5/64 French, 1/32 Welsh
    Country: USA - Washington



    Quote Originally Posted by alex77 View Post
    All i wanted is a country where i could travel and learn new types of works in domains.I am in a electronics specialty and i want to find a job in electricity but i couldn't find nothing.It is related to chemistry(electronical configuration,atom,proton) and all sort of things that i love in electricity.
    Is there no country where you could find a job in this domain.I am a student in junior year and i want to do something with my life but i'm not totally sure if i'm ready to face reality.I searched on google jobs and i found electrician which is an entry-level job.Do i have to be a slave?I don't want to work with a low wage,that's the worsest payment.Don't they have something that suits electronical configuration,atoms,electrons?I don't want to be treated as garbage.
    I mentioned that i'm in junior year of hs and not college.I had never worked in a company before so all i know are:
    how resistors are connected in series or parallel,how generators are connected in serries or parallel(to understand this phenomenom i had to accomplish an experiment at home with a dc motor and i learned how that circle spinned)
    Considering that Switzerland has English as one of the official languages you could try the Swiss Institute. The University of Cambridge also does Electrical Engineering. If you don't make it to these schools, come to America we have plenty of schools suited to your field :).

    http://www.topuniversities.com/unive...g-schools-2016

  15. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    02-05-17
    Posts
    6


    Country: USA - Washington



    I met some guys who were from Swiss and Germany ,but learn English in other countries.

  16. #16
    Earl Maleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    22-03-14
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,919

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    EV13 A7136 y18675G+
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

    Country: Malta



    Here are over 40 English language schools on the Islands. English is one of the official languages along side Maltese.

    https://www.visitmalta.com/en/language-schools

  17. #17
    Seasonal Member Minty's Avatar
    Join Date
    26-02-06
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Age
    32
    Posts
    618

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I am human
    MtDNA haplogroup
    I am human

    Ethnic group
    Asian
    Country: Luxembourg



    Quote Originally Posted by bicicleur View Post
    they'd better concentrate on the real problems inisde the disfunctional EU government instead of quarreling which language to use after Brexit
    Well, I think It will be between French and German. Paris, Dublin and Frankfurt have all tried to coax banks into leaving the City of London in a bid to grab financial power from Brexit Britain. Very soon it will be about which language should be the common language to use in the EU.
    l'audace de vivre le présent avec optimisme tout en construisant l'avenir avec créativité

  18. #18
    Earl Maleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    22-03-14
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,919

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    EV13 A7136 y18675G+
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

    Country: Malta



    Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
    Well, I think It will be between French and German. Paris, Dublin and Frankfurt have all tried to coax banks into leaving the City of London in a bid to grab financial power from Brexit Britain. Very soon it will be about which language should be the common language to use in the EU.
    English is spoken not because Britain dictated it to the EU, but because it is still the first language to communicate with globally. The EU has to communicate with the world and English is the best medium at present, nothing to do with Britain is in or out of the EU I believe.

  19. #19
    Regular Member I1a3_Young's Avatar
    Join Date
    03-05-17
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    536

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I1 Z63*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H5b1

    Ethnic group
    Basically British
    Country: USA - Arkansas



    To generally group Americans or our cuisine in any way is a huge error.

    If you love opportunity, fresh and tasty sea food, and a laissez-faire culture, then New Orleans, Louisiana is for you. It's one of the more historic towns in the USA with many cultural components that come together. There's always a music festival or parade. Besides Mardi Gras, there is seemingly random stuff like the Irish-Italian parade happening all the time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •