Disillusioned ISIS fighter from American Ivy League school

Angela

Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
See:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...l?postshare=3461467817768821&tid=ss_tw-bottom

These kinds of people totally burn me up.

"“I am an American who’s trying to get back home from Syria,” he wrote in his email, according to federal court documents unsealed last month. “I just want to get back home. All I want is this extraction, complete exoneration thereafter, and have everything back to normal with me and my family.”"

Oh, is that all? Sorry, sonny boy, it doesn't work that way. Stupidity, most especially when it takes the form of joining terrorist organizations devoted to attacking the U.S., has consequences, as you'll soon discover.

Something must be done to stop brainwashing of ISIS. The most interesting thing here is that guy was actually smart and yet fell for it. It is one thing when failed people disappointed with life radicalize and get involved in different ideologies (although, perhaps he also felt "failed" and not exactly "superhero" (which was his ambition in school))

Anyway it is a sad thing we lose people to ISIS, ok, this guy returned back without bombs in his belt, but many return with bombs. Is there a way to stop that? Probably difficult, for example, high youth unemployment in Europe only suggests more radical people in future.

Something must be done to stop brainwashing of ISIS. The most interesting thing here is that guy was actually smart and yet fell for it. It is one thing when failed people disappointed with life radicalize and get involved in different ideologies (although, perhaps he also felt "failed" and not exactly "superhero" (which was his ambition in school))

Anyway it is a sad thing we lose people to ISIS, ok, this guy returned back without bombs in his belt, but many return with bombs. Is there a way to stop that? Probably difficult, for example, high youth unemployment in Europe only suggests more radical people in future.

It's good he didn't come back with bombs?
He is a murderer, he probably killed innocent people, or helped others to do so. And his motivitation is an ideology that is the same like Nazi.

This thread has been viewed 2996 times.

Back