Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: "Little America" documentary

  1. #1
    Elite member Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    07-09-14
    Posts
    4,506
    Points
    59,617
    Level
    75
    Points: 59,617, Level: 75
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 433
    Overall activity: 8.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    W6

    Ethnic group
    Polish
    Country: Poland



    "Little America" documentary



    Liberia, the African version of the USA, a country still recovering from 3 devastating civil wars:


  2. #2
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Wanderlust's Avatar
    Join Date
    03-07-16
    Posts
    137
    Points
    2,019
    Level
    12
    Points: 2,019, Level: 12
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 131
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I1-L22
    MtDNA haplogroup
    X2

    Ethnic group
    Scandinavian
    Country: Sweden



    What was the point of posting this?

  3. #3
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Wanderlust's Avatar
    Join Date
    03-07-16
    Posts
    137
    Points
    2,019
    Level
    12
    Points: 2,019, Level: 12
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 131
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I1-L22
    MtDNA haplogroup
    X2

    Ethnic group
    Scandinavian
    Country: Sweden



    2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
    Oh wait, I just saw this ignorance:

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomenable View Post
    Liberia, the African version of the USA, a country still recovering from 3 devastating civil wars
    What in the hell are you talking about? Have you ever even been to the United States? Furthermore, the name of this documentary is not called "Little America." It's called "the Vice Guide to Liberia." Your ignorance is remarkable.

    Please tell us the ways in which Liberia is "the African version of the USA?"

    I've actually seen this documentary before but I don't see the connection.

    I sit in anticipation of your response.

  4. #4
    Elite member Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    07-09-14
    Posts
    4,506
    Points
    59,617
    Level
    75
    Points: 59,617, Level: 75
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 433
    Overall activity: 8.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    W6

    Ethnic group
    Polish
    Country: Poland



    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust View Post
    What was the point of posting this?
    To show the history and current state of the implementation of American civilization in other continents.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust View Post
    Please tell us the ways in which Liberia is "the African version of the USA?"
    If you watch the documentary, you will see that General Butt Naked called his own country like this.

    So these are not my words - these are words of Liberians themselves.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust View Post
    Furthermore, the name of this documentary is not called "Little America."
    Again - this is how Liberia used to be called, and how some Liberians still call their own country.

    General Butt Naked also used the term "Little America" in this documentary.

  5. #5
    Elite member Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    07-09-14
    Posts
    4,506
    Points
    59,617
    Level
    75
    Points: 59,617, Level: 75
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 433
    Overall activity: 8.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    W6

    Ethnic group
    Polish
    Country: Poland



    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust
    What in the hell are you talking about? Have you ever even been to the United States?
    Have you ever been to Detroit ???

  6. #6
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    02-09-14
    Location
    Ann Arbor
    Posts
    40
    Points
    3,697
    Level
    17
    Points: 3,697, Level: 17
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 153
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I-M26
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1a3

    Ethnic group
    swiss et al.
    Country: USA - Michigan



    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomenable View Post
    Have you ever been to Detroit ???
    More times that I can count.

    You?

    Remember:

    "Speramus meliora; resurget cineribus."

  7. #7
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Wanderlust's Avatar
    Join Date
    03-07-16
    Posts
    137
    Points
    2,019
    Level
    12
    Points: 2,019, Level: 12
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 131
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I1-L22
    MtDNA haplogroup
    X2

    Ethnic group
    Scandinavian
    Country: Sweden



    Quote Originally Posted by Tomenable View Post
    To show the history and current state of the implementation of American civilization in other continents.
    1.) lol As ever, you are intellectually dishonest and unfortunately, you never tire of it.

    2.) But do tell: In what way is Liberia an example of the "history and current state of the implementation of American civilization in other continents?" Please highlight and point out the specific aspects of "American civilization" that were/are being "implemented" in Liberia based on that documentary. As someone who is quite competent in US history and culture, I personally found not one case of "American civilization" in effect--therefore, I need you to point out what I missed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomenable View Post
    If you watch the documentary, you will see that General Butt Naked called his own country like this.

    So these are not my words - these are words of Liberians themselves.



    Again - this is how Liberia used to be called, and how some Liberians still call their own country.

    General Butt Naked also used the term "Little America" in this documentary.
    1.) More intellectual dishonesty and disingenuousness. You incorrectly labeled your source in order to ***** and mislead--two of your more irritating hallmarks.

    2.) Just because some Liberians refer to Liberia as "Little America," that doesn't make it, in actuality or even in practice, a "Little America." It's preposterous that this must even be said. AGAIN, I'm asking you to point out the specific ways in which you believe "American civilization" is being indicted by that documentary. I'm all ears and then some.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomenable View Post
    Have you ever been to Detroit ???
    1.) Ah, yes, now we get to the real point of this thread--thinly veiled race baiting and fear mongering. Quelle surprise.

    2.) First of all, yes, I've been to Detroit (and also Brownsville BK, Newark, Oakland, Compton, Baltimore and St. Louis amongst other "dangerous" locations that are predominantly black ). Now what does Detroit, or any of those places for that matter, have to do with "American Civilization" in Liberia? What is distinctly American about the problems there? I know that some inner city black Americans eat fried or boiled pig intestines, but I've never seen or heard of a cannibal among them. Do you understand that you are beyond ridiculous?

    Ghettos full of marginalized, disenfranchised and disaffected people ensnared by drugs and violence exist all over the world, regardless of nationality, ethnicity or race. That aspect of "civilization" is not unique to an individual country or culture--it's usually endemic of greater human shortcomings, injustices and failings--unfettered capitalism, imperialism, colonialism and systemic oppression. Therefore, why focus on America, a country you obviously know very little about? Why not focus on Brazil (oppressed by the Portuguese)? Mexico (oppressed by the Spanish)? South Africa (oppressed by the British/Dutch)? What about the all white Ukraine (oppressed by Russia)? Or better yet, Poland (oppressed by "everyone," and most recently, the USSR)?

    "The Crisis of Polish Drug Abuse"

    http://aliciapatterson.org/stories/c...ish-drug-abuse

    It was never supposed to happen in a Communist country, but drug abuse has come to Poland with a vengeance. Not just a minor problem of a fringe group, it has spread to near-crisis proportions among Poles of the younger generations. Estimates of the numbers of young Poles experimenting with drugs range from 200,000 officially to 600,000 unofficially in a total population of 37 million. Hardcore addicts are said to number about 120,000, and the number of drug-related deaths has reached as high as 100 a year. By contrast, the U.S. has about 500,000 heroin addicts and 5.8 million cocaine users, according to The National Institutes on Drug Abuse.
    In almost all cases, kompot, or Polish brown sugar, is the drug of choice. Reputed to be three to four times more potent than heroin available in the West, it is easily made on a kitchen stove from the straw and husks of wild poppies, which have traditionally grown abundant and free in Poland's vast fields. While some drug abuse, mainly of pharmaceuticals, LSD and marijuana, existed in Poland as far back as the '60s, the development of kompot by a medical student in Gdansk in 1975, and its cheapness and availability, opened up a tragic vista to a whole generation of bored, frustrated and depressed young people.

    ...

    Nowadays, drug-taking is so common an act in the major cities that society turns as blind an eye to it as it has for years to the alcoholism that plagues older generations. On Nowy Swiat (New World) Street in downtown Warsaw, dealers openly offer their goods to eager buyers right under the noses of indifferent passersby. Not far away, young boys shoot up in broad daylight in the hedges that encircle the city's monumental Palace of Culture. One day last summer, a speeding ambulance pulled up on the sidewalk beside one such hedge, and workers jumped out to drag out the body of an overdose victim as a crowd gathered to watch.
    "Poland: Addicts Are Getting Younger"

    http://www.euronews.com/2013/11/06/p...etting-younger

    According to the latest EMCDDA report (European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction), Polish people are developing drug addictions at an increasingly earlier age: one 15-16 year old in four has taken cannabis at least once in their life. This is the highest usage rate among that age group in Europe, followed by France, Spain and the Czech Republic.

    Drug legislation in Poland is some of the most restrictive in Europe. An anti-drugs law passed in July, 2005 allows people to be charged for the possession and distribution of any amount of banned substance. A person arrested in possession of even one gram of cannabis could receive a sentence of up to three years in prison.


    In recent years, statistics on the number of convictions related to the drug trade remain the same. However, the amount of people arrested and sentenced for being in possession of a small quantity of drugs for personal consumption increased by 1,500 over 10 years. Each year, 30,000 people are arrested for possession of illegal substances, 17,000 of whom were charged and 9,000 of whom were given prison sentences.

    The most recent national survey in Poland, conducted in 2011, estimates a figure of 103,000 people who are dependent on drugs in a country of just over 38 million people (equivalent to around 0.27 percent of the population).
    The interesting thing is that if you bothered to leave your beloved but troubled Poland, you'd see how similar it actually is to America, particularly concerning the suffering of some its more disenfranchised people and the draconian, oppressive, drug laws, as highlighted by the red. Poland and America are bosom buddies in this regard.

    By the way, I'm not interested in doing asinine, tit-for-tat, back and forth comparisons of "what country is worse?" with you. My point is to either 1.) expose your blatant hypocrisy and/or 2.) educate you regarding the rafter in your own eye while you point out the splinter in everyone else's'.

  8. #8
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Dinarid's Avatar
    Join Date
    26-05-16
    Location
    Islamic-occupied Croatian Herzegovina
    Posts
    413
    Points
    2,856
    Level
    15
    Points: 2,856, Level: 15
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 194
    Overall activity: 3.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2a1b – Dinaric
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1

    Ethnic group
    Herzegovinan Croat
    Country: Bosnia & Herzegovina



    Of course, LOL. Every example of societal failure is due to race and therefore biologically determined. I guess the untermenschen have no hope of achieving anything, since they just don't have the genes, right?

  9. #9
    Elite member Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    07-09-14
    Posts
    4,506
    Points
    59,617
    Level
    75
    Points: 59,617, Level: 75
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 433
    Overall activity: 8.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    W6

    Ethnic group
    Polish
    Country: Poland



    Guys...


  10. #10
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Dinarid's Avatar
    Join Date
    26-05-16
    Location
    Islamic-occupied Croatian Herzegovina
    Posts
    413
    Points
    2,856
    Level
    15
    Points: 2,856, Level: 15
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 194
    Overall activity: 3.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2a1b – Dinaric
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1

    Ethnic group
    Herzegovinan Croat
    Country: Bosnia & Herzegovina



    Spam? Where? No worries, I'll sniff it out with my Croatian beak!
    But seriously, I don't see any spam. If you consistently post material insinuating that everything a society experiences is due to predetermined racial biology, then you shouldn't expect everyone to take it seriously.

  11. #11
    Elite member Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    07-09-14
    Posts
    4,506
    Points
    59,617
    Level
    75
    Points: 59,617, Level: 75
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 433
    Overall activity: 8.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    W6

    Ethnic group
    Polish
    Country: Poland



    I didn't mention race anywhere in this thread. You did.

    That said, Africans also have archaic admixture (and it was neither Neanderthal, nor Denisovan):

    "Genetic evidence for archaic admixture in Africa":

    http://www.pnas.org/content/108/37/15123.full

    "Archaic introgression in Central Africa":

    http://gutengroup.mcb.arizona.edu/Pu...Hsieh2016b.pdf

    "Interbreeding with Archaic Humans in Africa":

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvoiPUHfOXI

    "Skull points to a more complex human evolution in Africa":

    http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-14947363

  12. #12
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Dinarid's Avatar
    Join Date
    26-05-16
    Location
    Islamic-occupied Croatian Herzegovina
    Posts
    413
    Points
    2,856
    Level
    15
    Points: 2,856, Level: 15
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 194
    Overall activity: 3.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2a1b – Dinaric
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1

    Ethnic group
    Herzegovinan Croat
    Country: Bosnia & Herzegovina



    You implied it when you mentioned Detroit and "American civilization" in other continents.

  13. #13
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Wanderlust's Avatar
    Join Date
    03-07-16
    Posts
    137
    Points
    2,019
    Level
    12
    Points: 2,019, Level: 12
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 131
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I1-L22
    MtDNA haplogroup
    X2

    Ethnic group
    Scandinavian
    Country: Sweden



    Quote Originally Posted by Dinarid View Post
    Of course, LOL. Every example of societal failure is due to race and therefore biologically determined. I guess the untermenschen have no hope of achieving anything, since they just don't have the genes, right?
    What is so tragically flawed about his mentality is that he is also a victim of the very hateful ideologies he supports--this is what I keep trying in vain to help him to see but evidently, his narcissistic wall is more dense and compact than others. Poles are not on top of the White European hegemony and therefore, are subject to discrimination by other White Europeans. Perhaps centuries of abuse and oppression have left an epigenetic impact that limits his ability to comprehend nuance and complexity in all of their forms--who can be sure? But his "logic" and/or lack thereof begs the question: If black people have been abused and oppressed because they are "rightfully" inferior, then doesn't the 1000+ year abuse and oppression of Poles and slavs signify the same?

    And of course, he doesn't want to answer that question. But according to the logic of people who think like him, the answer ultimately lies in one's purported innate inferiority. And because he believes on some level, consciously or subconsciously, that he is inferior to his people's subjugators(or, superiors), he must regain the loss of face by way of belittling and dehumanizing others. When one subscribes to notions of superiority or inferiority, there is no room for equality, and therefore, someone will always be better or worse than someone else--the white nationalist groups exemplify this better than most; many of them talk about white unity while still believing that certain whites have more value than others. By the very social and hierarchical "rules" and internal logic of many like him, Poles will never be on top. Thusly, he has tragically accepted the misguided and false belief that his people are inferiors to other white Europeans. But his grandiose, yet fragile ego won't let that sit--no, he must prove that he has worth and if he can't "beat" or "join" his superiors, he will desperately search for "inferiors." It's just sad and reeks of perpetual self-loathing and hostile, extroverted projection. A shame.

  14. #14
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Dinarid's Avatar
    Join Date
    26-05-16
    Location
    Islamic-occupied Croatian Herzegovina
    Posts
    413
    Points
    2,856
    Level
    15
    Points: 2,856, Level: 15
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 194
    Overall activity: 3.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2a1b – Dinaric
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1

    Ethnic group
    Herzegovinan Croat
    Country: Bosnia & Herzegovina



    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust View Post
    What is so tragically flawed about his mentality is that he is also a victim of the very hateful ideologies he supports--this is what I keep trying in vain to help him to see but evidently, his narcissistic wall is more dense and compact than others. Poles are not on top of the White European hegemony and therefore, are subject to discrimination by other White Europeans. Perhaps centuries of abuse and oppression have left an epigenetic impact that limits his ability to comprehend nuance and complexity in all of their forms--who can be sure? But his "logic" and/or lack thereof begs the question: If black people have been abused and oppressed because they are "rightfully" inferior, then doesn't the 1000+ year abuse and oppression of Poles and slavs signify the same?

    And of course, he doesn't want to answer that question. But according to the logic of people who think like him, the answer ultimately lies in one's purported innate inferiority. And because he believes on some level, consciously or subconsciously, that he is inferior to his people's subjugators(or, superiors), he must regain the loss of face by way of belittling and dehumanizing others. When one subscribes to notions of superiority or inferiority, there is no room for equality, and therefore, someone will always be better or worse than someone else--the white nationalist groups exemplify this better than most; many of them talk about white unity while still believing that certain whites have more value than others. By the very social and hierarchical "rules" and internal logic of many like him, Poles will never be on top. Thusly, he has tragically accepted the misguided and false belief that his people are inferiors to other white Europeans. But his grandiose, yet fragile ego won't let that sit--no, he must prove that he has worth and if he can't "beat" or "join" his superiors, he will desperately search for "inferiors." It's just sad and reeks of perpetual self-loathing and hostile, extroverted projection. A shame.
    I think he just sees the racialism as embracing the "sad reality" of race, and as an added bonus it violates political correctness. I don't think Tomenable is your typical white nationalist. He doesn't seem to have so much vested in whiteness. I certainly don't think you'd get him to admit to considering anyone inferior. As far as white nationalists go, they usually see their movement and objectives as so solid that when you point out facts to them about why it's bad for other white people, then apparently you're just a Jew trying to cause division.

  15. #15
    Elite member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class5000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    23-03-15
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    332
    Points
    6,281
    Level
    23
    Points: 6,281, Level: 23
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 269
    Overall activity: 4.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-M222 (NW Irish)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1bi

    Ethnic group
    Scots Appalachian ("Hillbilly")
    Country: USA - Virginia



    2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust View Post
    ...
    2.) First of all, yes, I've been to Detroit (and also Brownsville BK, Newark, Oakland, Compton, Baltimore and St. Louis amongst other "dangerous" locations that are predominantly black ). Now what does Detroit, or any of those places for that matter, have to do with "American Civilization" in Liberia? What is distinctly American about the problems there? I know that some inner city black Americans eat fried or boiled pig intestines, but I've never seen or heard of a cannibal among them. Do you understand that you are beyond ridiculous?

    Ghettos full of marginalized, disenfranchised and disaffected people ensnared by drugs and violence exist all over the world, regardless of nationality, ethnicity or race. That aspect of "civilization" is not unique to an individual country or culture--it's usually endemic of greater human shortcomings, injustices and failings--unfettered capitalism, imperialism, colonialism and systemic oppression. Therefore, why focus on America, a country you obviously know very little about?...
    I have been to Newark, Camden (NJ), Baltimore, Southeast DC, and the South Side of Chicago (the "baddest part of town"). These are all diverse places in the USA that happen to be mostly black. They are not uniformly dangerous nor poor, nor are they all "the hood" as it is stereotypically known. It is true that crime and poverty are higher in these places, and I won't dispute it. Are these places that one should be cautious of before taking a midnight tour alone? Yes. In fact, you should be wary of taking a lone midnight tour anywhere. Are these places where one cannot go at high noon without being shot in broad daylight? They are not. Some of these places have great museums and historic sites. Baltimore has important places associated with the life of Edgar Allan Poe. Camden has a great aquarium and a World War 2 battleship that you can tour. Yes, there's an actual, real life battleship you can go inside, but if you are afraid of "the hood" you will never see it.

    The USA is also much more than all of these places. Go to West Virginia. West Virginia is mostly rural, very mountainous, and inhabited mostly by ethnic Scots ("hillbillies") who arrived in the 1700's. It is also one of the most heavily armed places in the world (they even sell guns and ammunition at convenience stores there), and it is phenomenally safe. People are nice, very nice, perhaps too nice. It's great.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust View Post
    What is so tragically flawed about his mentality is that he is also a victim of the very hateful ideologies he supports--this is what I keep trying in vain to help him to see but evidently, his narcissistic wall is more dense and compact than others. Poles are not on top of the White European hegemony and therefore, are subject to discrimination by other White Europeans....
    While the USA certainly isn't the best when it comes to treatment of African peoples, it has come a long way with respect to the treatment of Slavs and others that sometimes face discrimination in Europe. Slavs in the USA are white people, with no caveats attached. In fact, so-called "mail order brides" from Russia and Ukraine are very popular in the USA because they are immediately accepted as "white" and persons who marry them are not seen as mixing races. This also applies to other European peoples that have formerly faced discrimination here, including Irish, Italians, and Greeks.

  16. #16
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Dinarid's Avatar
    Join Date
    26-05-16
    Location
    Islamic-occupied Croatian Herzegovina
    Posts
    413
    Points
    2,856
    Level
    15
    Points: 2,856, Level: 15
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 194
    Overall activity: 3.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2a1b – Dinaric
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1

    Ethnic group
    Herzegovinan Croat
    Country: Bosnia & Herzegovina



    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust View Post
    1.)
    Ghettos full of marginalized, disenfranchised and disaffected people ensnared by drugs and violence exist all over the world, regardless of nationality, ethnicity or race. That aspect of "civilization" is not unique to an individual country or culture--it's usually endemic of greater human shortcomings, injustices and failings--unfettered capitalism, imperialism, colonialism and systemic oppression. Therefore, why focus on America, a country you obviously know very little about? Why not focus on Brazil (oppressed by the Portuguese)? Mexico (oppressed by the Spanish)? South Africa (oppressed by the British/Dutch)? What about the all white Ukraine (oppressed by Russia)? Or better yet, Poland (oppressed by "everyone," and most recently, the USSR)?
    I'm sorry I hadn't read this comment in its entirety earlier. I strongly disagree with the leftist undertone about "systemic oppression" and other buzzwords thrown around by liberal college professors. Yes, certain groups were historically oppressed, but from what I know African-American communities have serious problems with crime, drugs, and thug culture. They do have legitimate grievances and I feel bad for those living in ghettos, but this idea that everything is the white man's fault is the laughable. Without the glorification of rap music, thug life, etc. things might improve.

  17. #17
    Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    bicicleur's Avatar
    Join Date
    27-01-13
    Location
    Zwevegem, Belgium
    Posts
    5,276
    Points
    42,956
    Level
    64
    Points: 42,956, Level: 64
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,294
    Overall activity: 31.0%


    Country: Belgium - Flanders



    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinarid View Post
    I'm sorry I hadn't read this comment in its entirety earlier. I strongly disagree with the leftist undertone about "systemic oppression" and other buzzwords thrown around by liberal college professors. Yes, certain groups were historically oppressed, but from what I know African-American communities have serious problems with crime, drugs, and thug culture. They do have legitimate grievances and I feel bad for those living in ghettos, but this idea that everything is the white man's fault is the laughable. Without the glorification of rap music, thug life, etc. things might improve.
    Indeed.
    Because they became technologically more advanced white men have dominated large parts of the world over the last 500 year.
    Generally speaking they were not more or less oppressive than other people in the same timeframe.
    The biggest legacy is the spread of advanced technologies all over the world. The world has changed dramatically over these 500 year.

    Now leftist and political correct people try to blame the white people for whatever goes wrong in the world. They try to create a feeling of guilt. That is not very helpfull.

  18. #18
    Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    14,947
    Points
    256,955
    Level
    100
    Points: 256,955, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomenable View Post
    I didn't mention race anywhere in this thread. You did.

    That said, Africans also have archaic admixture (and it was neither Neanderthal, nor Denisovan):

    "Genetic evidence for archaic admixture in Africa":

    http://www.pnas.org/content/108/37/15123.full

    "Archaic introgression in Central Africa":

    http://gutengroup.mcb.arizona.edu/Pu...Hsieh2016b.pdf

    "Interbreeding with Archaic Humans in Africa":

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvoiPUHfOXI

    "Skull points to a more complex human evolution in Africa":

    http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-14947363
    So, what's your point?

    Were their archaic ancestors more stupid than your archaic ancestors? How do you know? Despite the lingering romanticism about Neanderthals, they probably couldn't speak much, if at all, and couldn't even figure out how to make clothing, if the new paper I posted is correct.

    Or is your point that the most "superior" members of homo sapiens are those with the least admixture with archaics like Denisova and Neanderthal? I think, from what I remember the "modelers" coming up with, the big difference between Basal Eurasian hunter-gatherers and hunter-gatherers like the WHG is perhaps that the Basal Eurasians had less Neanderthal and Denisovan. Wow, maybe that's why the hunter-gatherers who "invented" agriculture, and metallurgy, and urban centers, and literacy, were all very Basal Eurasian heavy?

    See what happens? Do you really want to go there?

    Things are much more complicated than you wish them to be.

    As for Liberia, you really ought to do a little more research. The settlers who came from the U.S. were very small in number. Too few to change things very much indeed.


    Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •