Crime Yet another act of terror in France

I think the phrases "nothing to do with Islam" and "isolated incident" are going to be quite worn out by the media.

I agree with you,

Washington Post article on it:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...ory.html?postshare=2191469562843881&tid=ss_tw

"French authorities identified one of the attackers Tuesday evening as Adel Kermiche, a 19-year-old local resident already known to anti-terrorist investigators and whose parents had reportedly alerted authorities about his radicalization."

"According to Paris prosecutor François Molins, Kermiche was arrested twice in 2015 for trying to travel to Syria — once in Germany, where he attempted to use his brother’s identity, and once in Turkey, where he was caught with his cousin’s ID card.

According to Molins, Kermiche was detained for nearly a year before being released under judicial supervision earlier this year, which required him to wear an electronic bracelet and check in regularly with police. He was permitted to leave his home for four hours a day on weekdays and six hours on Saturdays.
Molins said the church attack began at 9:24 a.m. Tuesday, during Kermiche’s unsupervised leave, when his electronic bracelet was apparently deactivated."

Well

It semms like christians are old and about at the end of their circle,

If a Roman emperror behead a christian, they made him a Saint,
If a cannibal from unknown even tribes ate a priest, Church made him Saint,
even Christians farmers who lost a finger by a barbarian raid, They automatically become Saints,

But this poor priest? Naaaa
political stability does not want him to be a Saint, not even a Martyr of faith,
cause he was beheaded by a lunatic jihadist they say,
and the the time is not Correct to make new Saints,
-who knows, maybe he did not suffer for his faith,
Poor West your end is near,
and jihad knows this well.

I wonder what would happened at France if a christian behead a muslim priest?

red and blue Sibyllas seems to be correct.

Last edited:
And now we get trapped in a race to the bottom? Act and react. Fundamentalism contra fundamentalism? IS fuels the extreme right of Le Pen, Wilders, Pegida, UKIP, a bunch of xenophobic Eastern Europeans and uncle Donald Trump, with his wall against the Latino's....and vice versa. And 'en passant' we get rid of values like tolerance, room for diversity and other enlightened values. That's a loss too me....

Sent from my iPad using Eupedia Forum

Depends on how far this goes, and it can't go very far. All of the "xenophobic" politicians in Europe have one thing in common, a hatred of some non-European cultures and - occasionally - non-European people. None of them are xenophobic towards other European cultures or people, with the exception of a few thugs in Britain who were chasing Poles after Brexit.

The common target is of course Islam, nevertheless other religions and non-Islamic people are rarely targeted. East Asians are more likely to be successful in the U.K. than whites, the Hindus are the most successful of the recent immigrant minorities in the United States of America. Even "Uncle Trump" has no problem with the Hispanics per se, but rather with their large numbers and their impact in the economy and crime.

I don't see any "loss" if Islam gets suppressed, but that could open a can of worms down the road...

And now we get trapped in a race to the bottom? Act and react. Fundamentalism contra fundamentalism? IS fuels the extreme right of Le Pen, Wilders, Pegida, UKIP, a bunch of xenophobic Eastern Europeans and uncle Donald Trump, with his wall against the Latino's....and vice versa. And 'en passant' we get rid of values like tolerance, room for diversity and other enlightened values. That's a loss too me....

No, let's just keep repeating that Islam has nothing to do with terrorism or intolerance. Maybe protecting tolerance requires a stronger defense of western cultural values? Oh wait, no, apparently it's racist to suggest that.

Your suggestions for how to stop jihadist attacks in Europe? It seems western Europeans still do not understand the assailants and just how determined they are and just how long they can keep doing what they are doing.

BBC today mentioned Islamic terrorists and Islamists. What commentators you are listening to?

That's progress I guess. The head is finally being removed from the sand....I hope

That's progress I guess. The head is finally being removed from the sand....I hope
I just saw the Pope Francis speaking on BBC in relation to the priest killing.
He said the conflict was not "a religious war," adding that "all religions preach peace — it's the others who want war."
Here we have a denyer. ;)

Well, the guy has a spiritual explanation for everything. I can't wait to go to church this Sunday to see what Pope Francis has in mind.

Sorry, head in the sand still. I have zero respect for the current Pope.

Your suggestions for how to stop jihadist attacks in Europe? It seems western Europeans still do not understand the assailants and just how determined they are and just how long they can keep doing what they are doing.

And how do you understand the assailants? How many from this assailants are settled in your country?

(Sorry about the extra copy, had a glitch)

And how do you understand the assailants? How many from this assailants are settled in your country?

I've meet a lot of American Muslims that are peaceful people. You can commonly see them all over the place in Seattle. Sure there are some bad guys here and there but those terrorists are a minority whom taken over the stereotype. Every time I turn on the news in the morning they usually talk about crimes that happened either last night or yesterday, the perpetrators tend to be of all races.

Here is a different perspective of how IS started according to Russian TV. It basically blames its birth on the invasion of Iraq on the Bush (USA) and Blair (UK) coalition were Thousands of Civilians including Children have been starved and slained in a somehow cold and cruel and clumsy invation. (making no headlines in the Western media). Do they have a point or not?

500 years of Ottoman Islamic rule taught us a thing or two about them

Pope Francis during WYD in Cracow on priest killing: World is at war, but it's not a religious one

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/07/27/europe/france-church-attack-aftermath/index.html

"The world is at war because it has lost peace," he said.
"There is a war of interest, there is a war for money, a war for natural resources, a war to dominate people," he continued.
"Some might think it is war of religion. It is not. All religions want peace. Others want war."

================================

^ Indeed, it seems that the problem is not religion, but ethnicity. After all, only Muslim Arabs (rather than all Muslims) do this.

So the problem is specifically with Arabs. But people don't say this openly because they are afraid of being accused of racism.

I'am not against the use of intelligent force to stop this. But I dont't want to get trapped in the IS agenda. The 'pleasure' you can make them is to react as stucked by a bee, they are into a clash of civilizations, they want to make this Islam contra the West, crusaders etc.
Second I don't want to live in a police state, see Popper the open society and it's enemies.
We can cope this just like we did with the RAF, IRA etc etc.

500 years of Ottoman Islamic rule taught us a thing or two about them

Well, i hope you elaborate this connection between this Ottoman Islamic rule and this assailants. Also it will be interesting if you share with us what your nation has learn in this 500 years of Ottoman Islamic rule.

This thread has been viewed 67839 times.

Back