Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yet another act of terror

Y-DNA haplogroup
    EV13 A7136 y18675G+
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

Yet another act of terror

Two men who took several people hostage in a church in France's northern Normandy region have been "neutralised", the French interior ministry said Tuesday. Police sources said one of the hostages was killed.

http://www.france24.com/en/20160726-...nch-city-rouen

http://www.wsj.com/articles/one-host...say-1469525653

Two men claiming allegiance to Islamic State killed a priest and gravely injured another person Tuesday during morning Mass at a church in a northern French town, authorities said, the latest in a string of attacks that have shocked Western Europe over the last two weeks.

http://www.france24.com/en/20160726-...nch-city-rouen

1 members found this post helpful.
    there seems to be another attack going on in Berlin right now

I think you can start another thread almost every day

Y-DNA haplogroup
    EV13 A7136 y18675G+
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

After the attack in Nice, France extended a state of emergency giving police extra powers to carry out searches and place people under house arrest for another six months until January.

Its more complex then this. It might take more then just extending a state of emergency. It seems this is not going to be enough to ensure the safety of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleth View Post
    After the attack in Nice, France extended a state of emergency giving police extra powers to carry out searches and place people under house arrest for another six months until January.

Its more complex then this. It might take more then just extending a state of emergency. It seems this is not going to be enough to ensure the safety of people.

Viktor Orban Hungarian PM's speech after the Nice terror attack
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZdqAjDhVpo

Y-DNA haplogroup
    EV13 A7136 y18675G+
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

Quote Originally Posted by gyms View Post
    Viktor Orban Hungarian PM's speech after the Nice terror attack
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZdqAjDhVpo

Check 6.30 on time counter.....why other countries in EU do not do this instead of criticizing (bullying) other countries that take care of their national security? How can you have people crossing borders without being registered in a free for all flow?

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

Check 6.30 on time counter.....why other countries in EU do not do this instead of criticizing (bullying) other countries that take care of their national security? How can you have people crossing borders without being registered in a free for all flow?
    I like your prime minister, a very rational person. I agree with him. Either we stop the boats by cost of Africa and turn them around at source, or EU need to come together to help Malta, Italy and Greece building detention camps for better immigrant screening. I think both ways should be implemented.
    I would like to repeat that Nato should have gone to finish IS quickly couple of years ago. But we didn't do it, allowing IS to spread their propaganda, soldiers and money to organize attacks in Europe and around the world.
    Be wary of people who tend to glorify the past, underestimate the present, and demonize the future.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    EV13 A7136 y18675G+
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    I like your prime minister, a very rational person. I agree with him. Either we stop the boats by cost of Africa and turn them around at source, or EU need to come together to help Malta, Italy and Greece building detention camps for better immigrant screening. I think both ways should be implemented.
    I would like to repeat that Nato should have gone to finish IS quickly couple of years ago. But we didn't do it, allowing IS to spread their propaganda, soldiers and money to organize attacks in Europe and around the world.
    Thanks, I believe he is too, our economy has grown under his leadership 14% of our work force is non Maltese and not too many people seem to complain about it. http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles...n-malta.601769.

Detention centers are not prisons. They are necessary places were people could be monitored (Registered, interviewed and observed) Children will already start schooling and defiantly 'should' be grateful for being in a safe environment. It has been known many times that some have shown an aggressive / criminal behavior to the point that when their application is refused they set the place on fire or go on a smashing spree. But of course these are the exception and not the rule. Even through all this monitoring a few manage to get into petty criminal behavior when given temporary citizenship, so even that is not 100% safe, let alone a free unregistered crowd.

Thanks, I believe he is too, our economy has grown under his leadership 14% of our work force is non Maltese and not too many people seem to complain about it. http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles...n-malta.601769.

Detention centers are not prisons. They are necessary places were people could be monitored (Registered, interviewed and observed) Children will already start schooling and defiantly 'should' be grateful for being in a safe environment. It has been known many times that some have shown an aggressive / criminal behavior to the point that when their application is refused they set the place on fire or go on a smashing spree. But of course these are the exception and not the rule. Even through all this monitoring a few manage to get into petty criminal behavior when given temporary citizenship, so even that is not 100% safe, let alone a free unregistered crowd.
    what do you do with those whose application is rejected? most of them don't return voluntarily ..
    the Syrian suicide bomber in Ansbach 2 days ago was refused asylum a year ago, yet Germany hadn't managed to send him back ..
    Belgium finally ends up paying them money if they return home voluntarily, saying these people paid more money to the human trafickers to get in Belgium, so they don't make a profit .. yet I think all this is quite bizarre

it is what happened in Greece .. hence more and more people arrived untill the flow became realy uncontrollable .. fences were needed in the Balkans to stop people that Greece let through without any controll .. yet the fence builders were labelled 'racist'

Greece was offered money and help to controll the flow, they refused (they didn't want controllers coming from other EU countries on their territory) untill people were stopped at the Macedonian border and stayed in Greece
    well, you know, it ended with a deal with 'our friend' Erdogan

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945..Jura
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a1 ..Pannoni

Ethnic group
    North Alpine Italian

Quote Originally Posted by bicicleur View Post
    what do you do with those whose application is rejected? most of them don't return voluntarily ..
    the Syrian suicide bomber in Ansbach 2 days ago was refused asylum a year ago, yet Germany hadn't managed to send him back ..
    Belgium finally ends up paying them money if they return home voluntarily, saying these people paid more money to the human trafickers to get in Belgium, so they don't make a profit .. yet I think all this is quite bizarre
    send them back, they need to fight to restore their way of life. Do you think the English, French, Germans etc would mass migrate somewhere else if they where in the same predicament!

with only 30000 jobs found so far for 1 million refugees, I would say Merkel has blundered big time. The intent for most are to live off the state.

They should only have picked up and retained married families ( DNA test for legitimacy ) and the single people returned.
    có che un pòpoło no 'l defende pi ła só łéngua el xe prónto par èser s'ciavo

when a people no longer dares to defend its language it is ripe for slavery.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2a1b – Dinaric
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1

Ethnic group
    Herzegovinan Croat

3 members found this post helpful.
    I think the phrases "nothing to do with Islam" and "isolated incident" are going to be quite worn out by the media.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2a1b

Ethnic group
    Macedonian

I think the European public will become de-sensitized to these regular events, and it will become something like mass-shootings in the US - just part of the media cycle. Sad really.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

Quote Originally Posted by Dinarid View Post
    I think the phrases "nothing to do with Islam" and "isolated incident" are going to be quite worn out by the media.
    Could you give us examples of media saying this. I'm watching news every day and never heard these statements.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

Quote Originally Posted by Sile View Post
    send them back, they need to fight to restore their way of life. Do you think the English, French, Germans etc would mass migrate somewhere else if they where in the same predicament!
    You need a history lesson. Millions of them emigrated to USA, Canada and Australia, and many other countries.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2a1b – Dinaric
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1

Ethnic group
    Herzegovinan Croat

Could you give us examples of media saying this. I'm watching news every day and never heard these statements.
    Maybe not in Canada. Not so much on the news ​as the commentators.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-U152-Z56-BY3957
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c7a

Ethnic group
    15/32 British, 5/32 German, 9/64 Irish, 1/8 Scots Gaelic, 5/64 French, 1/32 Welsh

Quote Originally Posted by Sile View Post

with only 30000 jobs found so far for 1 million refugees, I would say Merkel has blundered big time. The intent for most are to live off the state.

They should only have picked up and retained married families ( DNA test for legitimacy ) and the single people returned.
    The Pilgrims migrated to USA to avoid Religious persecution. Part of the reason why we Americans celebrate Thanksgiving. ;)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanksgiving

But I agree, the Immigrants need to bring there wife's and children; if they have kids in order to declare peace and settlement in Europe and America.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

Maybe not in Canada. Not so much on the news ​as the commentators.
    BBC today mentioned Islamic terrorists and Islamists. What commentators you are listening to?

BBC today mentioned Islamic terrorists and Islamists. What commentators you are listening to?
    the phrasing actually came from Obama, I don't remeber any more after which incident, there have been so many ..

Elite member

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E1b1b/ E-V22

Ethnic group
    North Sea Germanic

And now we get trapped in a race to the bottom? Act and react. Fundamentalism contra fundamentalism? IS fuels the extreme right of Le Pen, Wilders, Pegida, UKIP, a bunch of xenophobic Eastern Europeans and uncle Donald Trump, with his wall against the Latino's....and vice versa. And 'en passant' we get rid of values like tolerance, room for diversity and other enlightened values. That's a loss too me....

Sent from my iPad using Eupedia Forum

Y-DNA haplogroup
    G2a3a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    X2b

Ethnic group
    Makedonian original

I agree with you,
    ΟΘΕΝ ΑΙΔΩΣ OY EINAI
    ΑΤΗ ΛΑΜΒΑΝΕΙΝ ΑΥΤΟΙΣ
    ΥΒΡΙΣ ΓΕΝΝΑΤΑΙ
    ΝΕΜΕΣΙΣ ΚΑΙ ΤΙΣΗ ΑΚΟΛΟΥΘΟΥΣΙ ΔΕ

When there is no shame
    Divine blindness conquers them
    Hybris (abuse, opprombium) is born
    Nemesis and punishment follows.

Εχε υπομονη Ηρωα
    Η τιμωρια δεν αργει.

Ethnic group
    Italian

Washington Post article on it:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...3881&tid=ss_tw

"French authorities identified one of the attackers Tuesday evening as Adel Kermiche, a 19-year-old local resident already known to anti-terrorist investigators and whose parents had reportedly alerted authorities about his radicalization."

"According to Paris prosecutor François Molins, Kermiche was arrested twice in 2015 for trying to travel to Syria — once in Germany, where he attempted to use his brother’s identity, and once in Turkey, where he was caught with his cousin’s ID card.

According to Molins, Kermiche was detained for nearly a year before being released under judicial supervision earlier this year, which required him to wear an electronic bracelet and check in regularly with police. He was permitted to leave his home for four hours a day on weekdays and six hours on Saturdays.
    Molins said the church attack began at 9:24 a.m. Tuesday, during Kermiche’s unsupervised leave, when his electronic bracelet was apparently deactivated."

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Y-DNA haplogroup
    G2a3a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    X2b

Ethnic group
    Makedonian original

Well

It semms like christians are old and about at the end of their circle,

If a Roman emperror behead a christian, they made him a Saint,
    If a cannibal from unknown even tribes ate a priest, Church made him Saint,
    even Christians farmers who lost a finger by a barbarian raid, They automatically become Saints,

But this poor priest? Naaaa
    political stability does not want him to be a Saint, not even a Martyr of faith,
    cause he was beheaded by a lunatic jihadist they say,
    and the the time is not Correct to make new Saints,
    -who knows, maybe he did not suffer for his faith,
    Poor West your end is near,
    and jihad knows this well.

I wonder what would happened at France if a christian behead a muslim priest?

red and blue Sibyllas seems to be correct.
    Last edited by Yetos; 28-07-16 at 01:00.

Ethnic group
    Greek

Quote Originally Posted by Northener View Post
    And now we get trapped in a race to the bottom? Act and react. Fundamentalism contra fundamentalism? IS fuels the extreme right of Le Pen, Wilders, Pegida, UKIP, a bunch of xenophobic Eastern Europeans and uncle Donald Trump, with his wall against the Latino's....and vice versa. And 'en passant' we get rid of values like tolerance, room for diversity and other enlightened values. That's a loss too me....

Depends on how far this goes, and it can't go very far. All of the "xenophobic" politicians in Europe have one thing in common, a hatred of some non-European cultures and - occasionally - non-European people. None of them are xenophobic towards other European cultures or people, with the exception of a few thugs in Britain who were chasing Poles after Brexit.

The common target is of course Islam, nevertheless other religions and non-Islamic people are rarely targeted. East Asians are more likely to be successful in the U.K. than whites, the Hindus are the most successful of the recent immigrant minorities in the United States of America. Even "Uncle Trump" has no problem with the Hispanics per se, but rather with their large numbers and their impact in the economy and crime.

I don't see any "loss" if Islam gets suppressed, but that could open a can of worms down the road...

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2a1b – Dinaric
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1

Ethnic group
    Herzegovinan Croat

Quote Originally Posted by Northener View Post

No, let's just keep repeating that Islam has nothing to do with terrorism or intolerance. Maybe protecting tolerance requires a stronger defense of western cultural values? Oh wait, no, apparently it's racist to suggest that.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast