Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ENGLISH EXPERT CLAIMS: Yugoslavia would be world power, and Belgrade-Europe's capital

Regular Member Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 651
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Quote Originally Posted by Dinarid View Post
    I never said that, nor did he. Of course Serbs didn't want to leave because many wanted to make it Greater Serbia, as in the nationalists in opposition to Tito's multiethnic disaster.
    Tito's Yugoslavia was not Greater Serbia. And Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovens, Kingdom of Yugoslavia, too.

Base in SFR Yugoslavia was republic, in Kingdom of Yugoslavia "banovina".

Yes disaster occurred, you're right.

Very stupid thing, conflicts and battles between Southern Slavs.

There was three concepts:

SR Slovenia and SR Croatia wanted confederation

SR Serbia and SR Montenegro wanted federation (status quo).

SR Bosnia and Herzegovina and SR Macedonia wanted something between.

Surely solution could find, no insoluble situations.

Why did things go wrong?

What was tipping point?

My opinion is that tipping point was unprovoked attacks Slovenian formations on the Yugoslav army in Slovenia (1991), Yugoslav army had victims.

Who know theory of tipping points and chaos theory it can be logical conclusion.

Slovenians were impatient and selfish, they didn't think about consequences of their actions on other parts of the country.

What we (South Slavic people) have today is that we are trying to build a good relationships based on mutual respect and understanding.

European Union is the best framework for all of us.

Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 344
    Overall activity: 24.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13>CTS9320>Z38456

Ethnic group
    Albanian

Quote Originally Posted by LABERIA View Post
    No, you are wrong. I have explained this many times. Exactly the dialects of Arvanites in Greece are the prove that your theory is wrong. The dialects of Arvanites are Tosk subdialects. The similarity between an subdialect of Ulqin for example with an subdialect of Athens are explained from scholars. But to understand this process i invite you to find an documentary of Top Chanel about the Meshar of Gjon Buzuku. Profesor Emil Lafe explain in detail this linguistic process.
    BTW, this discussion is of topic here. Find the map of Albanians dialects, i have posted it here, or search for it in Wikipedia, etc.
    Do u even know what I'm talking about?

Anyway, the dialect of the Arvanites is a Medieval version of Tosk before it got heavily influenced by Gheg. Laberia was pronouncing words such as miki, krushki, zogi, etc. which is the Kosovo (Easter Gheg) version. We know for a fact that Kuci of Kurveleshi has many settlers from Mati and Mirdita, Himara from Mirdita, Dhermiu from Kruja, Sinanaj of Tepelena from Malesia Lezhes, etc. Laberia also eventually lost the "isht" and replaced it with "esht", while some elders from remote villages still use "isht".

Long story short, my point is that North Albania is settled heavily by Kosovo Albanians since the Middle Ages and not the other way around.

I have the Meshar at home and know very well the dialect as Im a Malsor myself. Meshar and Malsor dialect is proof of a continuum interrupted by migration. I suggest u do research about the remnants of Gheg settlers in South Italy and their Malsor speech as well as the Arbanasi in Zadar. Furthermore, some Arvanite villages have a Gheg based dialect too, found especially in Boiotia.

Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 483
    Overall activity: 9.0%

Ethnic group
    Albanian

Quote Originally Posted by Garrick View Post
    Laberia

Do you really think that if any Serbian author writes something what you think it is good for you that it is so important to devote so much space?

But this shows extent of democracy in Serbia, around the same questions people may have diametrically opposed opinions and it is extraordinarily because it allows an open debate.

And it is good for development, in open debate where people give different suggestions and alternatives solutions will be better.

Is it possible in Albania we can find some Albanian writes similar for the benefits of Serbs, Macedonians, Greeks.
    This is not an argument. Tell us, what you don`t agree with the article.
    17 Dec.
    Paget to the Council.

Now the Council's letters seem to imply (words quoted) that the King will keep no strangers save the Albanoys.

Cales, 17 Dec. 1545. Signed.

Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 483
    Overall activity: 9.0%

Ethnic group
    Albanian

0 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
    Unfortunately serbs never change.

SERBIAN YOUTH 2016 (this summer), center of Belgrade, celebrating win in waterpolo against Croatia, with ultra-nationalist songs and hatred for Croatia:

The most common slogan and comment among this young serb in the square and serb youtube users is:
    SRBIJAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA UBIIIIIII HRAVATA DA SIPTAR NEMA BRATA

can be translated like something:
    Kill the Croats brothers of the Alb

In the second video the most important serb politician Vojslav Seselj, burn the Croatian flag last year:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mef6Sp6XQ38

Level

Laberia

Are you love destruction?

First see situation of your people, there are tons of materials, unfortunately.

Muslim Albanians burn down Christian Church in Kosovo

Level

Albanians burn Greek buildings

Level

Albanians burn Macedonian flag

Laberia
    Do you like more?

1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 330
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    Styll seeing Nazis everywhere? I'm sure there is a name for this disorder, lol.
    Yep, I"m disordered, and you're normal when supporting high nazi officers revamping. Funny people here. This is Europe 1997:

http://www.nytimes.com/1997/04/12/wo...hers.html?_r=0

The old fascist marching songs were sung, a moment of silence was observed for all who died defending the fatherland, and the gathering was reminded that today was the 57th anniversary of the founding of Croatia's Nazi-allied wartime government. Then came the most chilling words of the afternoon.

''For Home!'' shouted Anto Dapic, surrounded by bodyguards in black suits and crew cuts.
    ''Ready!'' responded the crowd of 500 supporters, their arms rising in a stiff Nazi salute.

The call and response -- the Croatian equivalent of ''Sieg!'' ''Heil!'' -- was the wartime greeting used by supporters of the fascist Independent State of Croatia, which governed the country for most the Second World War and murdered hundreds of thousands of Jews, Serbs and Croatian resistance fighters.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234