Overall activity: 0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-BY139812
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

Ethnic group
    Arab

Quote Originally Posted by I-Must View Post
    Very interesting theory. Arab history claims the original Arab cane from a man named A’dnan. He was the first Arab as was his tribe. Then another group came in headed by a man named Qahtan. The two tribes intermarried and that have way to a second group of Arabs. After learning a little about haplogroups I’m of the opinion the original adnani Arab is E1b1b and the arabized group that came in ie Qahtani Arabs are J1 P58. You still have pocket of black Arabs in Saudi, Yemen and the gulf states. Interesting they call the Khaal in Arabic. Which means the maternal uncle. Makes sense to call them that if the Qahtani Arab married the women of the adnani tribes. The adnani men would then be maternal uncles. All very interesting.
    Adnan is according to traditional Arab genealogy the patriarch of the "Arabized" North Arabians, and those are not considered to be the "real Arabs". Qahtan was the patriarch of the South Arabians and his descendants are considered to be the "real Arabs". Obviously this can be dumped into the garbage bin of history. The dull view of medieval Arab historians, that the most ancient inscriptions and indications of civilization on the Peninsula are found in the south and thus that must be the place where real Arabs (Arabic speakers) come from, is complete nonsense. And modern disciplines already doubt and refute this, non of the senile tribals seems to care, but this same old tune is not accurate.
    I cite (A New History of Arabia, written in stone, May 2018): "To Al-Jallad, the Safaitic inscriptions indicate that various ancient forms of Arabic were present many centuries before the rise of classical Arabic, in places such as Syria and Jordan. He argues that the language may have originated there and then migrated south—suggesting that the “corrupt” forms of Arabic spoken around the region may, in fact, have lineages older than classical Arabic. Macdonald told me, “His theory will inevitably meet a lot of opposition, mainly for non-academic reasons. But it’s becoming more and more convincing."
    https://www.newyorker.com/culture/cu...itten-in-stone
    When we look at the paternal lines of the Arabians we can clearly see that they are dominated by "northern" lines (J1 and J2, and others), so a migration from the north to the south for the Arabic language is likely. These various E lines which seem more ancient in the Southern Near East due to their presence in the Natufians, can imply that there were other Afro-Asiatic languages spoken on the Peninsula before the entrance of the earlier forms of Arabic (this is not implied, it is a fact that there were Afro-Asiatic languages spoken on the Peninsula during ancient times which were not related closely to modern Arabic, completely different branch of the Afro-Asiatic language family). Since an Arab, is who speaks Arabic, and not who lives on the Peninsula for the longest time, the northern migrants (Adnani) Arabs can be considered to be the real Arabs. What can be said for sure is that the inscriptions of Southern Arabia have nothing in common of what developed into classical Arabic, the origins of that language and its offsprings are related to languages whose origins lie in the North (more to read about this in the article).
    -
    The first person to be tested for the same terminal SNP as me after doing BigY is from the tribe of Banu Tamim and his particular family migrated to Kuwait from central Arabia 200 years ago. In the next YFull version we will fall under the same terminal branch also on that tree. However, I do not think that the tmrca will get as young as that I can assume we share a common ancestor in the early medieval time. I currently reduce this to common Adnani origin of our tribes (Banu Shayban from Bakr is an Adnanite tribe through Rabia, Banu Tamim is an Adnanite tribe through Mudar) and could imagine that this clade (R-BY139812) was present among Ancient North Arabian speakers. Nevertheless I assume a migration of my particular paternal line to the Diyar Bakr region happened during early Islamic times.

(Symbol picture: Arab man and woman in the town of Mardin (southeastern Turkey), 1914)
    Last edited by raspberry; 09-03-19 at 20:49.

Junior Member Achievements:
    7 days registered

Level
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 87

1 members found this post helpful.
    Eber had two sons Peleg and Joktan(Qahtan), Eber is approximately a 13th descendant Of Adam.
    Qahtanis trace their lineage to Joktan (Qahtan).
    Abraham is approximately a 5th descendant of Peleg. Abraham had a son named Ismail, and Adnan is approximately a 40th descendant of Ismail.

Mutaghalliba Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 140

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-BY139812
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

Ethnic group
    Arab

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Shah View Post
    Eber had two sons Peleg and Joktan(Qahtan), Eber is approximately a 13th descendant Of Adam.
    Qahtanis trace their lineage to Joktan (Qahtan).
    Abraham is approximately a 5th descendant of Peleg. Abraham had a son named Ismail, and Adnan is approximately a 40th descendant of Ismail.
    Thank you for the input.

There are new developments of R1b-V1636 among people of Arab descent. Recently I saw a person from Baghdad (Iraq) with the nisba al-Bakri predicted as belonging to R1b-V1636 in the R1b Basal Subclades Group (this is the second Iraqi being tested for V1636 after a person from 3ana). I directly assumed that he must belong to the Banu Bakr bin Wail tribe as me, but since there was also the name of his particular family mentioned, I could research it and I saw that the person actually belongs to a family claiming paternal descend from the first caliph of Islam Abu Bakr. Abu Bakr was from the Adnani Banu Taim tribe, a rather unimportant subtribe of the Quraysh.

Looking at his 12 tested markers it seems like he belongs to the subbranch Y83069 of V1636 below which currently exist 3 identified clusters. One "Caucasian" cluster defined by the following STR values (DYS426=11, DYF406S1=12, DYS511=11), one "Eurasian" cluster found among a Pomak (Muslim Bulgarian) and a Hui Chinese (Muslim Chinese, with Salur Turkic paternal ancestors), and another "Arab" cluster BY139812 founded by me, an Arab from southeastern Turkey and an Arab from the Banu Tamim tribe from Kuwait.

So this newly tested Iraqi person will very likely fall under the major subclade Y83069 for sure, but what cluster he will fall further under is unclear yet. Maybe he will also belong to the "Arab" cluster. But this is at the moment only likely speculation.

There are very likely plenty of undiscovered subclades below Y83069. For example on the BigY Block tree, you can see that a Lebanese person (I know nothing on his background) was also tested for the major subbranch Y83069 of R1b-V1636, but he falls neither among our Arab cluster, nor among any of the previously mentioned subclades of Y83069.. So also he will get an own branch as soon as he finds a genetic partner (cousin).

Since I wrote about the phylogenetic structure of V1636, I will also write about the counterpart of Y83069. The subbranch V1274 is the other big subbranch of V1636. Below V1274 there can be found a big cluster of Southern Europeans (defined by the SNP CTS6460), with another big subclade made out of Ashkenazi Jews (currently 10 Ashkenazi Jews are assigned to this clade of V1274>CTS6460 in the R1b Basal Subclade group), another cluster of southern Europeans like Greeks, Italians and Spanish/colonial Carribeans, and another cluster made by out by one "German" (rather another Jewish clade of V1274) sample from Württemberg (south Germany with a most distant ancestor called Anthoni Flinspach (could be Jewish)) and a colonial American (most distant ancestor: Melchoir Hefner, this is probably also a Jew). Interestingly, also another Iraqi from 3Ana in West Iraq is assigned to V1274*. So also V1274 has presence in the Near East despite Y83069 clearly being dominant there. The tmrca of the two major subbranches of V1636 (there is another undiscovered major one made out currently by an undefined Georgian who is V1636*) is 4700ybp. So Y83069 and V1274 split at least 4700 years ago, a relatively old split.

I honestly have no clue by whom R1b-V1636 and especially its major subclades were carried by. V1636 has a very wide presence among various modern people. Y83069 was maybe (this is just an idea based on nothing actually) carried by Hurro-Urartian speakers originally and was integrated into the early Semitic communities of the Northern Near East. With these it could have diverged into modern Arab speakers and Levantine Semitic speakers. Some Hurro-Urartian speakers could have been part of the proto-Indo-European community in the caucasus/Eastern Anatolia and be integrated into the Steppe cultures north of the Caucasus. With those it could have expanded to Bulgaria and China (where apparently more than one person belongs to V1636). Interestingly, the tmrca between the Hui and Pomak are only 2400ybp. That is very young. Does that fit to any Steppe expansion culture (Scythians?)?

How V1274 can be exlpained is a mystery to me, yes the Steppe hordes theory is always the easiest, but it is just nonsense. V1274 is found nearly only among Jews and South Europeans (+ one basal form in Iraq), so probably this is also something agriculture peasant related.. Interestingly, V1636 missed all the ethnic Indo Europeans of East Europe in Ukraine and Russia, but made its way into the Jews there and to the south Europeans.
    Last edited by raspberry; 21-06-19 at 12:47.

Mutaghalliba Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 140

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-BY139812
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

Ethnic group
    Arab

And again there are new developments for R-BY139812 among Arabs. Today I saw on the Big-Y Block Tree that a man from Qatar was tested positive for R-BY139812. Now it seems to me even clearer that R-BY139812 is an Arabian clade which was carried with the Islamic expansion to parts of Mesopotamia and southeastern Anatolia, very likely with nomadic Arabs from the Peninsula. I hope that many more people will be tested further on for our clade and that this cousin from Qatar will make an YFull analysis.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345