Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 105

Thread: R1b - Arab

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Mutaghalliba Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    08-08-16
    Posts
    138
    Points
    4,014
    Level
    18
    Points: 4,014, Level: 18
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 236
    Overall activity: 2.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-BY139812
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

    Ethnic group
    Arab
    Country: Turkey



    R1b - Arab

    Hello, I am an Arab (thought to be) from south-eastern Anatolia. My tribe originally came from central Arabia. So after my ordered y-DNA 37 markers test results were finished, they could not determine my y-Haplogroup.
    The result of nevgen.org are:
    The highest probability is haplogroup Q-M346 with a probability of 0,4% and a fitness of 15,82.
    Probability of unsupported subclade is: 99.60%
    After that I wrot familytreedna that I still (a few weeks passed) have not a determined y-DNA haplogroup and so they made a Backbone test. And today I got my haplogroup and it is R-M343 (R1b). So what does this haplogroup say about my ethnicity and about my origins? I have no connections to Central nor Western Europe. So what is behind this result? I would apreciate if one of you experts could help me.
    Haplogroup Probability Fitness
    1 Q M346 0,4 15,82 0,45
    2 R1b (for 67+ markers, try level for R1b-s, 160+ subclades) 0 15,96 0,32
    3 R1a (for 67+ markers, try level for R1a-s, 70+ subclades) 0 10,48 0,22
    4 I2a2a M223 0 7,77 0,19
    5 O2a 0 7,55 0,18
    6 E1b1b 0 7,54 0,21
    7 R2 0 7,46 0,18
    8 R1b V88 0 7,39 0,16
    9 T>PF5633 0 7,01 0,16
    10 N1b 0 6,56 0,12
    11 J1a3-Z1828 0 6,56 0,15
    12 J1a2a1a2 P58 0 5,76 0,12
    13 R1a YP1272 0 5,68 0,09

  2. #2
    Mutaghalliba Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    08-08-16
    Posts
    138
    Points
    4,014
    Level
    18
    Points: 4,014, Level: 18
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 236
    Overall activity: 2.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-BY139812
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

    Ethnic group
    Arab
    Country: Turkey



    sorry the str-values table did not work and it is not possible to edit so I post my str-Values manually here:
    DYS393,DYS390,DYS19,DYS391,DYS385,DYS426,DYS388,DY S439,DYS389I,DYS392,DYS389II,DYS458,DYS459,DYS455, DYS454,DYS447,DYS437,DYS448,DYS449,DYS464,DYS460,Y-GATA-H4,YCAII,DYS456,DYS607,DYS576,DYS570,CDY,DYS442,DY S438,
    13,24,15,10,13-13,12,13,12,12,13,28,15,9-9,11,11,27,14,17,28,14-14-16-17,11,11,23-23,15,16,17,16,35-36,13,11
    It is the standard myFTDNA order

  3. #3
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Athiudisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-08-14
    Posts
    213
    Points
    2,460
    Level
    14
    Points: 2,460, Level: 14
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 290
    Overall activity: 34.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-L45
    MtDNA haplogroup
    K2b1a

    Ethnic group
    North Sea Islander
    Country: USA - Tennessee



    Quote Originally Posted by raspberry View Post
    And today I got my haplogroup and it is R-M343 (R1b). So what does this haplogroup say about my ethnicity and about my origins? I have no connections to Central nor Western Europe.
    M343 just means you're R1b. It could just as easily be African or middle eastern R1b as European.

  4. #4
    Mutaghalliba Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    08-08-16
    Posts
    138
    Points
    4,014
    Level
    18
    Points: 4,014, Level: 18
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 236
    Overall activity: 2.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-BY139812
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

    Ethnic group
    Arab
    Country: Turkey



    Quote Originally Posted by Athiudisc View Post
    M343 just means you're R1b. It could just as easily be African or middle eastern R1b as European.
    And how can I determine if it is the R1b from the Arabian Peninsula? Is that possible?

  5. #5
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Athiudisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-08-14
    Posts
    213
    Points
    2,460
    Level
    14
    Points: 2,460, Level: 14
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 290
    Overall activity: 34.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-L45
    MtDNA haplogroup
    K2b1a

    Ethnic group
    North Sea Islander
    Country: USA - Tennessee



    You'd have to have further testing to see which relatively more-common subclades you fall under.

    There is some smallish amount of R1b in Arabia, IIRC, but I honestly don't know what types. I would assume V88, but someone will probably chime in sooner or later with more knowledge.

  6. #6
    Mutaghalliba Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    08-08-16
    Posts
    138
    Points
    4,014
    Level
    18
    Points: 4,014, Level: 18
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 236
    Overall activity: 2.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-BY139812
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

    Ethnic group
    Arab
    Country: Turkey



    The results are very unsatisfying.. It seems like I have to pay another 99$ and I think I wont do that for a few snps.. Could it be that I am a kurd on my father´s site because arabs and kurds are living very close together in the jazira (North-mesopotamia)? As far as I know the Kurds are Indo-Europeans..

  7. #7
    Elite member Achievements:
    VeteranThree FriendsRecommendation Second Class25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    14-11-10
    Posts
    2,506
    Points
    28,824
    Level
    52
    Points: 28,824, Level: 52
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 926
    Overall activity: 9.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a1a1
    MtDNA haplogroup
    HV2a1 +G13708A

    Ethnic group
    Kurdish
    Country: Germany



    Quote Originally Posted by raspberry View Post
    Hello, I am an Arab (thought to be) from south-eastern Anatolia. My tribe originally came from central Arabia. So after my ordered y-DNA 37 markers test results were finished, they could not determine my y-Haplogroup.
    The result of nevgen.org are:
    The highest probability is haplogroup Q-M346 with a probability of 0,4% and a fitness of 15,82.
    Probability of unsupported subclade is: 99.60%
    After that I wrot familytreedna that I still (a few weeks passed) have not a determined y-DNA haplogroup and so they made a Backbone test. And today I got my haplogroup and it is R-M343 (R1b). So what does this haplogroup say about my ethnicity and about my origins? I have no connections to Central nor Western Europe. So what is behind this result? I would apreciate if one of you experts could help me.
    Haplogroup Probability Fitness
    1 Q M346 0,4 15,82 0,45
    2 R1b (for 67+ markers, try level for R1b-s, 160+ subclades) 0 15,96 0,32
    3 R1a (for 67+ markers, try level for R1a-s, 70+ subclades) 0 10,48 0,22
    4 I2a2a M223 0 7,77 0,19
    5 O2a 0 7,55 0,18
    6 E1b1b 0 7,54 0,21
    7 R2 0 7,46 0,18
    8 R1b V88 0 7,39 0,16
    9 T>PF5633 0 7,01 0,16
    10 N1b 0 6,56 0,12
    11 J1a3-Z1828 0 6,56 0,15
    12 J1a2a1a2 P58 0 5,76 0,12
    13 R1a YP1272 0 5,68 0,09
    IN that region your Haplogroup R1b M343 is very common among Kurds. You are from Southeastern Anatolia, I heard of many cases where Kurds, Armenians or Assyrians suddenly started to claim Arab ancestry to have more previliges. R1b M343 is very atypical for an Arab.

    Wait for your total results and use some Gedmatch calculators I bet you will be close to Kurds.

    If you are from "Jazira" (Cizre), this region is predominantly Kurd, over 90% from my knowledge and it is situated almost in the heartlands of the Kurdish geographic territory. Therefore you could either be predominantly Kurd or at least have a Kurdish ancestor on your paternal site.

  8. #8
    Mutaghalliba Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    08-08-16
    Posts
    138
    Points
    4,014
    Level
    18
    Points: 4,014, Level: 18
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 236
    Overall activity: 2.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-BY139812
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

    Ethnic group
    Arab
    Country: Turkey



    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    IN that region your Haplogroup R1b M343 is very common among Kurds. You are from Southeastern Anatolia, I heard of many cases where Kurds, Armenians or Assyrians suddenly started to claim Arab ancestry to have more previliges. R1b M343 is very atypical for an Arab.

    Wait for your total results and use some Gedmatch calculators I bet you will be close to Kurds.
    There is nothing like a Kurd. Kurds are nothing more than a genetic mix of many peoples of the world. Nobody of my family started to claim anything. I am muslim (no not since 1915: I am not an Armenia) and only 11% R1b among the kurds, this is not very much. By the way the Kurds payed taxes to the Arab sheikhs of the Jazira (also my ancestors) until 1918 so the kurds could herd their animals in the ARAB Jazira. My did not start to claim because they were the head of a tribe so it wouldnt make any sence. And one question: You said "wait for your total result", does this mean I will get more to know?

  9. #9
    Elite member Achievements:
    VeteranThree FriendsRecommendation Second Class25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    14-11-10
    Posts
    2,506
    Points
    28,824
    Level
    52
    Points: 28,824, Level: 52
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 926
    Overall activity: 9.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a1a1
    MtDNA haplogroup
    HV2a1 +G13708A

    Ethnic group
    Kurdish
    Country: Germany



    Quote Originally Posted by raspberry View Post
    There is nothing like a Kurd. Kurds are nothing more than a genetic mix of many peoples of the world. Nobody of my family started to claim anything. I am muslim (no not since 1915: I am not an Armenia) and only 11% R1b among the kurds, this is not very much. By the way the Kurds payed taxes to the Arab sheikhs of the Jazira (also my ancestors) until 1918 so the kurds could herd their animals in the ARAB Jazira. My did not start to claim because they were the head of a tribe so it wouldnt make any sence. And one question: You said "wait for your total result", does this mean I will get more to know?
    Don't even dare to try to dispute the existence of a people or this will be considered as racist attack.
    Take your fictional Arab pride and show it off somewhere else. And don't try to lecture me about Genetics you know nothing about you are just making yourself look more ridiculous as you already are. R1b M343 is atypical for an Arab. Only R1b V88 is common among Levantine Arabs. R1b among Kurds reaches levels between 10-25% and is definitely more common among them as among Arabs.

    Kurds are genetically proven to be some of the most homogenous groups in the entire Middle East. Arabs are just a bunch of camel herding ethno-linguistic nomads who differ from one to another by thousand miles. A Syrian Arab is as far away from a Bedouin in Saudi Arabia as he is from a Assyrian, Armenians or Kurd. North African "Arabs" are even on a whole other level. An Arab talking about genetic purity and disputing other peoples existence is irony on a whole new level.

    Here is a genetic PCA of Kurds , Arabs and various other peoples show me the homogeneity you are claiming for. The non existent "mixed" Kurds are 4 times as homogenous as the Arab samples, don't get a heart attack.
    http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/gn...01/MDS1600.png

    Your "Arab" Jazira is just a name given to this city by Arabs that doesn't mean it's population was ever Arab.It's original name is Corduene. Or are you seriously disputing the demography of Cizre?

    It is populated by a majority of Kurds in addition to Assyrian/Syriac people and other minorities. It is surrounded by the Tigris on the north, east and south; this gives it its name
    Levant is a Latin word, so is Syria foreign term after your logic Syria is not Arabic. I have hard time to understand how supposedly the descendant of Bedouin Herders himself could try to look down on Kurdish Nomads.

    And nice fairy tales about your Arab Sheiks. Don't feel too uncomfortable when it turns out that your paternal ancestor was Kurd rather than Arab. And next time you throw bold claims into the room make sure you can provide any scientific evidences otherwise this will be considered simply spam ming.

  10. #10
    Mutaghalliba Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    08-08-16
    Posts
    138
    Points
    4,014
    Level
    18
    Points: 4,014, Level: 18
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 236
    Overall activity: 2.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-BY139812
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

    Ethnic group
    Arab
    Country: Turkey



    What is this for a agressive language towards me? Why are you so upset now? You are from Germany than read the article "Araber in der Türkei" on wikipedia. You are nothing more than a racist. Syria is not arabic, yes you are right. Also north-africa isnt arabic. Even the arab theirselves arent. Genetic studies on saudis proved that 14 % of them are of african origin. The UAE was the arabic country with the lowest arican influence, but still they had 35% persian origin on paternal site.

  11. #11
    Elite member Achievements:
    VeteranThree FriendsRecommendation Second Class25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    14-11-10
    Posts
    2,506
    Points
    28,824
    Level
    52
    Points: 28,824, Level: 52
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 926
    Overall activity: 9.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a1a1
    MtDNA haplogroup
    HV2a1 +G13708A

    Ethnic group
    Kurdish
    Country: Germany



    Quote Originally Posted by raspberry View Post
    What is this for a agressive language towards me? Why are you so upset now? You are from Germany than read the article "Araber in der Türkei" on wikipedia. You are nothing more than a racist. Syria is not arabic, yes you are right. Also north-africa isnt arabic. Even the arab theirselves arent. Genetic studies on saudis proved that 14 % of them are of african origin. The UAE was the arabic country with the lowest arican influence, but still they had 35% persian origin on paternal site.
    Aggressive language? You seem to have a short memory. Who actually started to dispute the existence of an entire people with racist remarks and talk about genetic purity?

    The difference between Arab tribes is not the result of Sub Saharan admixture alone, because it virtually exists in every Arabs. There are no Arabs without it. Jordanians, Palestinians have 8% of it. Saudis have ~10%, Yemenites up to 10-15%, Syrians and Levantines ~4%. Yet the difference is there because all of these have different historical background. Iraqi Arabs and Kuwaitis cluster between Kurds, Persians and Saudis.Syrians are like a link between Kurds and Lebanese. Morrocans etc are something of their own. Next time think again before you make a comment about genetic purity. And take a second thought about your words and if they might be a little racist and offensive. I don't get offensive when I don't feel attacked. And certanly your comment was offensive.

  12. #12
    Elite member Achievements:
    VeteranThree FriendsRecommendation Second Class25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    14-11-10
    Posts
    2,506
    Points
    28,824
    Level
    52
    Points: 28,824, Level: 52
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 926
    Overall activity: 9.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a1a1
    MtDNA haplogroup
    HV2a1 +G13708A

    Ethnic group
    Kurdish
    Country: Germany



    Back to my previous comment
    R1b M343 in that region is most common among Kurds, this is why I made the suggestion. Arabians don't have R1b at all, only Levantines have some and it is R1b V88 for most part.


    3x R1-M173 (Zaza from Turkey in Nasidze et al., 2005)
    4x R1-M173 (Kurmanji from Turkey in Nasidze et al., 2005)
    5x R1-M173 (Kurds from Turkmenistan in Nasidze et al., 2005; originally used in Wells et al., 2001)

    2x R1b-M343 (Kurdish village Dogukoy*/Central Anatolia in Gokcumen et al., 2011)
    1x R1b-M343 (Iranian Kurds in Grugni et al., 2012)
    13x R1b-M343 (Iraqi Kurds in Stenersen et al., 2004; based on Athey's Haplogroup predictor)
    1x R1b1a2*-M269 (Kurmanji from Zakho/Iraq)
    2x R1b1a2a-L23/L49 (Zaza from Turkey)
    1x R1b1a2a-L23/L49 (Zaza from Lebanon, originally from Dersim)
    1x R1b1a2a-L23/L49 (Kurd from Dersim)
    1x R1b1a2a-L23/L49 (Zaza from Dersim)
    1x R1b1a2a-L23/L49 (Zaza from Dersim)
    1x R1b1a2a-L23/L49 (Kurd from Turkey)
    2x R1b1a2a-L23 (Kurdistan-Iran in Cristofaro et al., 2013)
    1x R1b1b2a1a-L52,P311,L11,P310 (Zaza from Sivas, originally from Dersim)
    1x R1b1 (P25+)(Kurmanji from Maras/Elbistan/Turkey)

    16x R1+R1b+R2 a.k.a. hg1 (Iraqi Kurds in Nebel et al., 2001)
    54x R1+R1b+R2 a.k.a. hg1 (Yezidis from Armenia in Yepiskoposian et al., 2006)
    http://kurdishdna.blogspot.de/

  13. #13
    Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,331
    Points
    113,888
    Level
    100
    Points: 113,888, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    Quote Originally Posted by raspberry View Post
    There is nothing like a Kurd. Kurds are nothing more than a genetic mix of many peoples of the world. Nobody of my family started to claim anything. I am muslim (no not since 1915: I am not an Armenia) and only 11% R1b among the kurds, this is not very much. By the way the Kurds payed taxes to the Arab sheikhs of the Jazira (also my ancestors) until 1918 so the kurds could herd their animals in the ARAB Jazira. My did not start to claim because they were the head of a tribe so it wouldnt make any sence. And one question: You said "wait for your total result", does this mean I will get more to know?
    As an outsider in this discussion, I would like to say that this post is insulting to Krudish ethnicity. It is against Eupedia rules to degrade any ethnicity or nationality. Just keep in mind.

    Welcome to Eupedia raspberry.
    Be wary of people who tend to glorify the past, underestimate the present, and demonize the future.

  14. #14
    Regular Member Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends25000 Experience Points
    Sile's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-09-11
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,119
    Points
    29,699
    Level
    52
    Points: 29,699, Level: 52
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Overall activity: 37.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945..Jura
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a1 ..Pannoni

    Ethnic group
    North Alpine Italian
    Country: Australia



    2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by raspberry View Post
    There is nothing like a Kurd. Kurds are nothing more than a genetic mix of many peoples of the world. Nobody of my family started to claim anything. I am muslim (no not since 1915: I am not an Armenia) and only 11% R1b among the kurds, this is not very much. By the way the Kurds payed taxes to the Arab sheikhs of the Jazira (also my ancestors) until 1918 so the kurds could herd their animals in the ARAB Jazira. My did not start to claim because they were the head of a tribe so it wouldnt make any sence. And one question: You said "wait for your total result", does this mean I will get more to know?
    Arabs are a linguistic group , there are no Genetic arabs except marsh arabs
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marsh_Arabs
    the others are yemeni, omani, saudis, bedouins, negevs, jordanians, etc etc who speak arabic
    có che un pòpoło no 'l defende pi ła só łéngua el xe prónto par èser s'ciavo

    when a people no longer dares to defend its language it is ripe for slavery.

  15. #15
    Mutaghalliba Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    08-08-16
    Posts
    138
    Points
    4,014
    Level
    18
    Points: 4,014, Level: 18
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 236
    Overall activity: 2.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-BY139812
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

    Ethnic group
    Arab
    Country: Turkey



    Quote Originally Posted by Sile View Post
    Arabs are a linguistic group , there are no Genetic arabs except marsh arabs
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marsh_Arabs
    the others are yemeni, omani, saudis, bedouins, negevs, jordanians, etc etc who speak arabic
    As I said: My family is whehter Syrian nor Iraqi. My family is from a bedouin tribe if you want to call it like that originally but not nomadic anymore. i made my test on Familytreedna. After my results were completed, they had problems with determining my haplogroup so I used a haplogroup Predictor (the y-str values were finsished already), which said that I am most likely to haplogroup Q. But after the backbone test R1b was declared as my y-DNA haplogroup. What I cant understand is this: I paid 199$ for such a raw determination of my haplogroup. When I click on Ancestral origins, nothing comes up. When I click on Matches nothing comes up.
    -
    Will I get more to know or is this everything wich I get for 199$? The site wanted to make a backbone test but when I go to y-Dna haplotree and scroll down there only stands "Tests Taken

    M343+"
    When I download the snps as csv ad open the file there also only stands:
    "SnpName","Positive","Test"
    "M343","True","Y-HAP-Backbone"
    -
    Does this mean they didnt even do what I thought I would become?
    When I go on their Learning Center and go on backbone test they say:
    "The following depth of haplogroup prediction or confirmation is guaranteed for all Y-DNA tests."
    SNP Name
    RS ID
    Position
    YCC-Haplogroup
    M91 rs2032651 ChrY:20366926 A-M91
    M181 rs2032599 ChrY:13360948 B-M181
    RPS4Y-711 AKA M130 rs35284970 ChrY:2794854 C-RPS4Y711
    M174 rs2032602 ChrY:13463674 D-M174
    M96 rs9306841 ChrY:20238386 E-M96
    M2 rs3893 and rs9785941 ChrY:12606577 E-M2
    M35.1
    -
    ChrY:20201091 E-M35.1
    M89 rs2032652 ChrY:20376701 F-M89
    M201 rs2032636 ChrY:13536923 G-M201
    M69 rs2032673 ChrY:20353446 H-M69
    M170 rs2032597 ChrY:13357186 I-M170
    M253 rs9341296 ChrY:13532101 I-M253
    P37.2
    -
    ChrY:13001692 I-P37.2
    M223
    -
    ChrY:20176695 I-M223
    M304 rs13447352 ChrY:21159241 J-M304
    M267 rs9341313 ChrY:21151206 J-M267
    M172 rs2032604 ChrY:13479028 J-M172
    M9 rs3900 ChrY:20189645 K-M9
    M20 rs3911 ChrY:20192842 L-M20
    M106 rs2032611 ChrY:20325812 M-M106
    M231 rs9341278 ChrY:13979118 N-M231
    M175 rs2032678 ChrY:14018100 O-M175
    M45 rs2032631 ChrY:20327175 P-M45
    M242 rs8179021 ChrY:13527976 Q-M242
    M3 rs3894 ChrY:17605757 Q-M3
    M207 rs2032658 ChrY:14091377 R-M207
    M173 rs2032624 ChrY:13535818 R-M173
    M198 rs2020857 ChrY:13540146 R-M198
    M269 rs9786153 ChrY:21148755 R-M269
    M124
    -
    ChrY:20223889 R-M124
    M230 rs13447374 ChrY:13540161 S-M230
    M70 rs2032672 ChrY:20353269 T-M70
    -
    How can I make Gedmatch? I did not bought familyfinder. Are there other methods to do it without paying money?

  16. #16
    Regular Member Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends25000 Experience Points
    Sile's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-09-11
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,119
    Points
    29,699
    Level
    52
    Points: 29,699, Level: 52
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Overall activity: 37.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945..Jura
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a1 ..Pannoni

    Ethnic group
    North Alpine Italian
    Country: Australia



    Quote Originally Posted by raspberry View Post
    As I said: My family is whehter Syrian nor Iraqi. My family is from a bedouin tribe if you want to call it like that originally but not nomadic anymore. i made my test on Familytreedna. After my results were completed, they had problems with determining my haplogroup so I used a haplogroup Predictor (the y-str values were finsished already), which said that I am most likely to haplogroup Q. But after the backbone test R1b was declared as my y-DNA haplogroup. What I cant understand is this: I paid 199$ for such a raw determination of my haplogroup. When I click on Ancestral origins, nothing comes up. When I click on Matches nothing comes up.
    -
    Will I get more to know or is this everything wich I get for 199$? The site wanted to make a backbone test but when I go to y-Dna haplotree and scroll down there only stands "Tests Taken

    M343+"
    When I download the snps as csv ad open the file there also only stands:
    "SnpName","Positive","Test"
    "M343","True","Y-HAP-Backbone"
    -
    Does this mean they didnt even do what I thought I would become?
    When I go on their Learning Center and go on backbone test they say:
    "The following depth of haplogroup prediction or confirmation is guaranteed for all Y-DNA tests."
    SNP Name
    RS ID
    Position
    YCC-Haplogroup
    M91 rs2032651 ChrY:20366926 A-M91
    M181 rs2032599 ChrY:13360948 B-M181
    RPS4Y-711 AKA M130 rs35284970 ChrY:2794854 C-RPS4Y711
    M174 rs2032602 ChrY:13463674 D-M174
    M96 rs9306841 ChrY:20238386 E-M96
    M2 rs3893 and rs9785941 ChrY:12606577 E-M2
    M35.1
    -
    ChrY:20201091 E-M35.1
    M89 rs2032652 ChrY:20376701 F-M89
    M201 rs2032636 ChrY:13536923 G-M201
    M69 rs2032673 ChrY:20353446 H-M69
    M170 rs2032597 ChrY:13357186 I-M170
    M253 rs9341296 ChrY:13532101 I-M253
    P37.2
    -
    ChrY:13001692 I-P37.2
    M223
    -
    ChrY:20176695 I-M223
    M304 rs13447352 ChrY:21159241 J-M304
    M267 rs9341313 ChrY:21151206 J-M267
    M172 rs2032604 ChrY:13479028 J-M172
    M9 rs3900 ChrY:20189645 K-M9
    M20 rs3911 ChrY:20192842 L-M20
    M106 rs2032611 ChrY:20325812 M-M106
    M231 rs9341278 ChrY:13979118 N-M231
    M175 rs2032678 ChrY:14018100 O-M175
    M45 rs2032631 ChrY:20327175 P-M45
    M242 rs8179021 ChrY:13527976 Q-M242
    M3 rs3894 ChrY:17605757 Q-M3
    M207 rs2032658 ChrY:14091377 R-M207
    M173 rs2032624 ChrY:13535818 R-M173
    M198 rs2020857 ChrY:13540146 R-M198
    M269 rs9786153 ChrY:21148755 R-M269
    M124
    -
    ChrY:20223889 R-M124
    M230 rs13447374 ChrY:13540161 S-M230
    M70 rs2032672 ChrY:20353269 T-M70
    -
    How can I make Gedmatch? I did not bought familyfinder. Are there other methods to do it without paying money?
    IIRC, the backbone test is organised via your project administrator

  17. #17
    Mutaghalliba Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    08-08-16
    Posts
    138
    Points
    4,014
    Level
    18
    Points: 4,014, Level: 18
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 236
    Overall activity: 2.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-BY139812
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

    Ethnic group
    Arab
    Country: Turkey



    the Jazira is the arab name of the region of North-Mesopotamia: divided in 3 parts: Diyar Bakr ("abode of Bakr", named after the great arab tribe of Bani Bakr ibn Wa´il), Diyar Rabiaa and Diyar Mudar. All of these regions are named after arab tribes mostly from central arabia. This is also the region why there is 11,8% J1 in Kurds, because Arab tribals are living in South-East Anatolia since pre-Islamic time but also later after the conquest of the Jazira by the muslims, arabs were settled there. No I am from an arabic village from somewhere else.

  18. #18
    Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    16,566
    Points
    359,765
    Level
    100
    Points: 359,765, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    I'm issuing this warning once. I won't do it again. Stop with the insults or I'm going to have to issue infractions; I'll have no choice.

    Cool off and keep it civil.


    Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

  19. #19
    Elite member Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    07-09-14
    Posts
    4,583
    Points
    67,860
    Level
    80
    Points: 67,860, Level: 80
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 190
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    W6

    Ethnic group
    Polish
    Country: Poland



    If they carried out R1b Backbone SNP Pack test, then you should already know what is your subclade.

    I have just ordered R1b SNP Pack few days ago and now I'm waiting for results (it takes few weeks).

  20. #20
    Mutaghalliba Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    08-08-16
    Posts
    138
    Points
    4,014
    Level
    18
    Points: 4,014, Level: 18
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 236
    Overall activity: 2.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-BY139812
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

    Ethnic group
    Arab
    Country: Turkey



    Tests Taken

    M343+
    This is what I see when I scroll down at my Y-Dna haplotree..

  21. #21
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Twilight's Avatar
    Join Date
    29-06-12
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Age
    26
    Posts
    888
    Points
    12,595
    Level
    33
    Points: 12,595, Level: 33
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-U152-Z56-BY3957
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c7a

    Ethnic group
    15/32 British, 5/32 German, 9/64 Irish, 1/8 Scots Gaelic, 5/64 French, 1/32 Welsh
    Country: USA - Washington



    Being from Turkey, you are descended from Arab conquest but also from Gokturks, Hittites, Galatians; they inhabited central Turkey, and Ancient Greeks. You could have a Kurdish ancestor also if they converted to Islam.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Göktürks


    Here is an explanation on how R1b ended up in Anatolia


    Galatians:
    http://www.eupedia.com/europe/Haplog...shtml#S28-U152
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galatians_(people)



    Hittites:
    http://www.eupedia.com/europe/Haplogroup_R1b_Y-DNA.shtml#Greco-Anatolian

    You can be Arab spiritually but even though your ancestors converted to Islam, that doesn't quite guarantee that all of your Ancestors came from Saudi Arabia. Your Ydna R1b is only your father's father's father's father's direct lineage; just like your last name. Doing an Audna test like ancestry.com or 23andme or other sites is recommended to find out about all of your ancestors.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    IN that region your Haplogroup R1b M343 is very common among Kurds. You are from Southeastern Anatolia, I heard of many cases where Kurds, Armenians or Assyrians suddenly started to claim Arab ancestry to have more previliges. R1b M343 is very atypical for an Arab.

    Wait for your total results and use some Gedmatch calculators I bet you will be close to Kurds.

    If you are from "Jazira" (Cizre), this region is predominantly Kurd, over 90% from my knowledge and it is situated almost in the heartlands of the Kurdish geographic territory. Therefore you could either be predominantly Kurd or at least have a Kurdish ancestor on your paternal site.
    Im so sorry about this raspberry, we must be having a culture clash. If it makes you feel more comfortable, please feel free to PM me. ^_^

  22. #22
    Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran50000 Experience Points
    bicicleur's Avatar
    Join Date
    27-01-13
    Location
    Zwevegem, Belgium
    Posts
    5,518
    Points
    53,053
    Level
    71
    Points: 53,053, Level: 71
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 997
    Overall activity: 21.0%


    Country: Belgium - Flanders



    IMO R1b* was allready in NW Iran some 15 ka. That is the place from where it expanded.
    We need to know subclades.

  23. #23
    Elite member Achievements:
    VeteranThree FriendsRecommendation Second Class25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    14-11-10
    Posts
    2,506
    Points
    28,824
    Level
    52
    Points: 28,824, Level: 52
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 926
    Overall activity: 9.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a1a1
    MtDNA haplogroup
    HV2a1 +G13708A

    Ethnic group
    Kurdish
    Country: Germany



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by bicicleur View Post
    IMO R1b* was allready in NW Iran some 15 ka. That is the place from where it expanded.
    We need to know subclades.
    Iran_Neo K6 results, note the calculator is just basic K6 , with only the most basic components like Natufian and Iran_Neo. No CHG, EHG or Anatolian_Neo therefore the elevated level of "WHG" because it catches up the Anatolian_Forager (WHG) portion up as such.


    Iron Age Iranian Tepe Hasanlu F38 971-832 BC
    R1b-Y:24376846, N1a3a
    0.01% ASE
    0.00% E_Asian
    51.54% Iran_Neolithic
    37.39% Natufian
    11.00% WHG
    0.07% Sub_Saharan

    A Yezidi Kurdish result
    0.45% ASE
    3.36% E_Asian
    50.36% Iran_Neolithic
    37.88% Natufian
    7.94% WHG
    0.00% Sub_Saharan

    The Kurdish user MFA
    1.71% ASE
    2.30% E_Asian
    45.77% Iran_Neolithic
    38.08% Natufian
    12.15% WHG
    0.00% Sub_Saharan

    The blogger MFA pointed out already earlier that Tepe Hasanlu basically looks like a Kurdish sample minus the Steppe admixture.. On PCAs it also plots basically there where you would expect some Kurds to do.
    Last edited by Alan; 09-08-16 at 17:39.

  24. #24
    Mutaghalliba Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    08-08-16
    Posts
    138
    Points
    4,014
    Level
    18
    Points: 4,014, Level: 18
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 236
    Overall activity: 2.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-BY139812
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

    Ethnic group
    Arab
    Country: Turkey



    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Iran_Neo K6 results, note the calculator is just basic K6 , with only the most basic components like Natufian and Iran_Neo. No CHG, EHG or Anatolian_Neo therefore the elevated level of "WHG" because it catches up the Anatolian_Forager (WHG) portion up as such.


    Iron Age Iranian Tepe Hasanlu F38 971-832 BC
    R1b-Y:24376846, N1a3a
    0.01% ASE
    0.00% E_Asian
    51.54% Iran_Neolithic
    37.39% Natufian
    11.00% WHG
    0.07% Sub_Saharan

    A Yezidi Kurdish result
    0.45% ASE
    3.36% E_Asian
    50.36% Iran_Neolithic
    37.88% Natufian
    7.94% WHG
    0.00% Sub_Saharan

    The Kurdish user MFA
    1.71% ASE
    2.30% E_Asian
    45.77% Iran_Neolithic
    38.08% Natufian
    12.15% WHG
    0.00% Sub_Saharan

    The blogger MFA pointed out already earlier that Tepe Hasanlu basically looks like a Kurdish sample minus the Steppe admixture.. On PCAs it also plots basically there where you would expect the Kurds.
    Could you please stop dicussing about Kurds? When did I even ask? And no this is not an insult.

  25. #25
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Dinarid's Avatar
    Join Date
    26-05-16
    Location
    Islamic-occupied Croatian Herzegovina
    Posts
    413
    Points
    2,856
    Level
    15
    Points: 2,856, Level: 15
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 194
    Overall activity: 3.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2a1b – Dinaric
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1

    Ethnic group
    Herzegovinan Croat
    Country: Bosnia & Herzegovina



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Something must be wrong with the quality in order for those results to be so low-confidence. How did you enter the STR values? I've heard of some issues with Nevgen anyway although it worked pretty well with me.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •