U5b2b
Please discuss

West Eurasian 100%Northwest European 60%
Balkan 21%
North Slavic 5%
Finnish 4.7%
Southwestern European 8%
Ambiguous 1.2%

These were my results, surprised at all the Balkan/Finnish ancestry but I guess it's deeper ancestry from neolithic times?

surprised at all the Balkan/Finnish ancestry but I guess it's deeper ancestry from neolithic times?

What is your (known) ethnic background?

What is your (known) ethnic background?

I'm an American mutt but I've done a lot of research and created a fairly detailed pedigree.

My grandfather had ancestry from Ireland, Bavaria, Wurttemberg and France.
My grandmother had ancestry from Lower Saxony, Wurttemberg and Pomerania.
Other Grandfather had ancestry from Lower Saxony, Bremen, Scotland, Netherlands and Ireland.
And my other grandmother had ancestry from Lower Saxony, Lower Silesia and Ireland.

I'm only missing a few 3x and 4x great grandparents that I couldnt track back to outside the US, but I think this is much more detailed than most people with deep ancestry in the states know. The Balkan and Finnish just look out of place to me

West Eurasian 100%Northwest European 77%
North Slavic 8.6%
South/Central European 7.4%
Ambiguous 6.6%

My ancestry is Frankish German, Saxo-Frisian Dutch, Anglo-Danish English and Gaelic Irish.

Mine:

DNA Land.jpg

Dad is of italian descent (5/8 veneto, 2/8 tuscan and 1/8 lombardian) and mom is central portuguese (Castelo Branco province);

Dravidian was a surprise. Maybe some of my ancestors came from India when part of it was controlled by Portugal.

Okay, this is getting historically strange. How come Uralic keeps on showing up in my DNA results. The farthest east my recorded ancestors ever lived was in West Prussia and 4% of my DNA came from West Prussia.

West Eurasian 100%Northwest European 79%
South European 8.8%Ambiguous 8.8%
Northeast European 7.8%Finnish 4.7%
Ambiguous 3.1%
Ambiguous 4.6%

A random modern Belarusian:

image.png

Five random modern Poles:

Poles.png

Okay, this is getting historically strange. How come Uralic keeps on showing up in my DNA results. The farthest east my recorded ancestors ever lived was in West Prussia and 4% of my DNA came from West Prussia.

West Eurasian 100%Northwest European 79%
South European 8.8%Ambiguous 8.8%
Northeast European 7.8%Finnish 4.7%
Ambiguous 3.1%
Ambiguous 4.6%

We received the same amount of Finnish ancestry even though neither of us have known Finnish or Far north east european ancestors. Coincidentally enough we also both have ancestry from western Prussia. I dont think this test is very accurate, but it's interesting to note.

We received the same amount of Finnish ancestry even though neither of us have known Finnish or Far north east european ancestors. Coincidentally enough we also both have ancestry from western Prussia. I dont think this test is very accurate, but it's interesting to note.

SNP-N-TREE-FIN.jpg

Attachments

• The_South_Baltic_Coast_in_the_11the_Century.jpg
    The_South_Baltic_Coast_in_the_11the_Century.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 115
mine is below

West Eurasian 100%
South European 58%South/Central European 39%
Balkan 19%
Northwest European 27%
Sardinian 8.4%
Ambiguous 3.5%
North Slavic 3%

West Eurasian 100%Northwest European 61%
Southwestern European 19%
Balkan 15%
Northeast European 4%North Slavic 2.1%
Finnish 1.9%

@Ukko
I am aware that the original Prussians were Balts and of the connection between Balts and Finns but I've never received Finnish in any other genetic test (excluding Wegene). Also by that time I'm guessing most of Prussia, especially western Prussia was either heavily Germanized or Polanized. Finns are still largely a genetic isolate in terms of autosomal dna, even from neighboring groups that share their Y-DNA. The DNA DNAland detected in us could be of Finnish origin, but I'm not convinced

How accurate this test is?

West Eurasian 100%

---------------------

Mediterranean Islander 82%
Finnish 8.7%
Northwest European 5.3%
Southwestern European 3.7%

With 23andme I get around 96% Ashkenazi and the rest unknown, strangely though with FTDNA I get 88% Ashkenazi and 11% South Central European.

With 23andme I get around 96% Ashkenazi and the rest unknown, strangely though with FTDNA I get 88% Ashkenazi and 11% South Central European.

They all vary, I guess the calculating base would be from different sources. Even this Dna Land now has a different interpretation.

West Eurasian 100%

---------------------

Mediterranean Islander 82%
Finnish 8.7%
Northwest European 5.3%
Southwestern European 3.7%

WOW your results are so legit for you Maleth it's almost funny! Scoring through the roof in the Mediterranean islander category is totally appropriate for a Maltese person! I guess its your northern ancestry that brought it down.

WOW your results are so legit for you Maleth it's almost funny! Scoring through the roof in the Mediterranean islander category is totally appropriate for a Maltese person! I guess its your northern ancestry that brought it down.

:grin: In fact this is what it says about Med Islander = [h=5]Mediterranean Islander[/h]Includes: Cypriot in Cyprus; Italian/EastSicilian and Italian/WestSicilian in Italy and Maltese in Malta

Does not include: Egyptian in Egypt; Tunisian in Tunisia; Albanian in Albania; Greek in Greece; Palestinian in (Central) Israel; Sardinian and Toscani in (Sardinia and 1 other site) Italy; Syrian in Syrian and Turkish in (Adana, Aydin, Kayseri and 1 other site) Turkey

This thread has been viewed 107377 times.

Back