(y)

My DNA Land results

An Irish paternal line Y-DNA haplogroup I-A427 sub of I-M223

West Eurasian 100%Northwest European 92%
South/Central European 5.1%
Southwestern European 3.3%

Northwest Euro 94%
Includes:
Scottish Argyll_Bute_GBR and British in England; Icelandic in Iceland; Norwegian in Norway and Orcadian in Orkney Islands

North Slavic 6%
Incudes:
Belarusian in Belarus; Estonian in Estonia; Lithuanian in Lithuania; Mordovian and Russian in Russia and Ukrainian in (East) Ukraine

My original results gave me Irish/Scottish/Welsh, Finnish and Middle East.

There's a few main places that keep popping up on Gedmatch all the way to Central Russia. My mtdna is h2a2a1.

I'm adopted and have no clue what I am :D

Northwest European 62%
North Slavic 29%
Finnish 2.1%
Sardinian 4.4%
South/Central European 2.7%

Has anyone matched for Orcadian, but not Icelandic or vice versa? This is the first time I've seen an ancestry test match me with Icelandic.

Easturope 42.2 %
North/Westeurope 33.5 %
Italian 23.1 %
Sardinian 1.2 %

Im confused about the Italian DNA. dont know from where.

Easturope 42.2 %
North/Westeurope 33.5 %
Italian 23.1 %
Sardinian 1.2 %

What branch of ydna- R1b and mtdna do you group with?

Easturope 42.2 %
North/Westeurope 33.5 %
Italian 23.1 %
Sardinian 1.2 %

Where did you get this italian from as there is no Italian in DnaLand ...........I just rechecked all of my accounts there

I get:

West Eurasian 100%

Northwest European 85%

Northeast European 10% - Finnish 7.7%, North Slavic 2.7%

Southwestern European 2.4%, South/Central European 2.1%

Where did you get this italian from as there is no Italian in DnaLand ...........I just rechecked all of my accounts there

Oh .. I didnt read "DNA-Land-Results".. I thought DNA Results in general. I tested my autosomal DNA by myheritage and my brother made a test at ftdna for haplogroup and autosomal dna.
Recently i discovered gedmatch.

I transfered my autosomal dna from myheritge to DNA Land and got these results:

North Slavic 37%
Finnish 4.8%
South/Central European 31%
Northwest European 25%
Sardinian 1.6%
Ambiguous 1.1%

as for my brother who tested at ftdna.. i transfered also his autosomal dna to DNA Land and these are the results:

North Slavic 16%
Finnish 11%
South/Central European 1.7%
Balkan 34%
Northwest European 37%

We have the same father and the same mother, we only tested at two different companies. why do we have so different DNA results?

I transfered my autosomal dna from myheritge to DNA Land and got these results:

North Slavic 37%
Finnish 4.8%
South/Central European 31%
Northwest European 25%
Sardinian 1.6%
Ambiguous 1.1%

as for my brother who tested at ftdna.. i transfered also his autosomal dna to DNA Land and these are the results:

North Slavic 16%
Finnish 11%
South/Central European 1.7%
Balkan 34%
Northwest European 37%

We have the same father and the same mother, we only tested at two different companies. why do we have so different DNA results?

DNA companies "read" the data different in ways, as their population clusters differ from each other. In this case, I guess dna.land is showing some of the South/Central European as Balkan (or vice-versa), for example. This is why these results shouldn't be considered "precise", but only as guesses that point to a certain direction. There's also the fact that each person (even siblings) may inherit genes from their parents "differently". So it would be normal to have a brother with more "North Slavic" than the other, for example (though I think that in terms of autosomal it's really more related to the way that calculators read it).

DNA companies "read" the data different in ways, as their population clusters differ from each other. In this case, I guess dna.land is showing some of the South/Central European as Balkan (or vice-versa), for example. This is why these results shouldn't be considered "precise", but only as guesses that point to a certain direction. There's also the fact that each person (even siblings) may inherit genes from their parents "differently". So it would be normal to have a brother with more "North Slavic" than the other, for example (though I think that in terms of autosomal it's really more related to the way that calculators read it).

thank you for the explanation. so the southern european dna could be basicly anything in the mediterranean? on certain calculators on gedmatch this part of my dna is identified as jewish and on other calculators greek, armenian or italian. is there a way to see with certainty if its either italien or jewish dna?

@ HaSofer
Go to Gedmatch > Eurogenes > Jtest > Oracle
Look for AJ and Italians.
If they are in your results whatever come first it’s the answer to your question. (Hopefully)

Last edited:
I get Italian, but on other calculators i get Spaniard, Jewish, Greek, Armenian, Turkish, Lebanese etc. so im confused, also because i dont know of Italian ancestry in our family. We know of German, Russian and Jewish ancestry. but i think this is not the right place for this topic?

i also get not even 5% ashkenazi. but more east and west mediterranean:

#PopulationPercent
1SOUTH_BALTIC21.46
2NORTH-CENTRAL_EURO19.33
3ATLANTIC18.63
4EAST_EURO13.62
5WEST_MED12.86
6EAST_MED9.08
7ASHKENAZI4.4
8WEST_ASIAN0.4
9EAST_ASIAN0.21

(For Europeans Only)
I read somewhere that in Eurogenes K13, if you get 6% or more Red Sea and you are European, chances are you are part Ashkenazy Jew.
Below 6% Read Sea you are not.
I can’t find the Link, and I don’t now how reliable this is.

(For Europeans Only)
I read somewhere that in Eurogenes K13, if you get 6% or more Red Sea and you are European, chances are you are part Ashkenazy Jew.
Below 6% Read Sea you are not.
I can’t find the Link, and I don’t now how reliable this is.

It's only reliable if you don't think Euro K13 is a travesty and should be removed from gedmatch.

That's a little convoluted, isn't it, but I'm sure you get my drift.

If anyone wants to know if they are Ashkenazi they should go to 23andme.com and test. As for Sephardic, you're out of luck unless you have a paper trail, unfortunately. We had a relatively sizeable Jewish community in my mother's area hailing from Spain, including one highly regarded Rabbinical family, who left an imprint on some of our foods, for instance, and I've always wondered if any of the men were less than godly and ditto for some of the servant girls. Of course, the overall impact on the genomes of the area would be non-existent, but in a family line or two it might have had an impact. No way to know, unfortunately, unless someone has slightly odd results for the area.

See:
https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/turin-italy-jewish-history-tour

"Eighteenth-century rabbis from Turin were Joshua Colon, Isaac Formiggini, Abraham Sanson b. Jacob ha-Levi Fubini, Michael Solomon Jonah, Gabriel Pontremoli, Jacob b. Joshua Benzion Segre, Abraham b. Jehuda Segre, and Daniel Valabrega.

"
Professor Aldo Pontremoli, head of the department of physics at the University of Milan, was in charge of meteorological research in the 1928 Italian expedition to the North Pole, an expedition which cost him his life.

Painter Raffaello Pontremoli, another member of this talented family.

There are numerous other secular scholars and rabbis in the Pontremoli line. Some of them intermarried with the Luzzatti family, and so are descended from the Jewish Italian prime minister.

https://translate.google.it/translate?hl=en&sl=it&u=https://www7.tau.ac.il/omeka/italjuda/items/show/792&prev=search

The branch which relocated to Thessalonica virtually all perished at the hands of the Nazis.

These are Jewish students at a liceo in Milano before the German invasion. There's an Emma Pontremoli among them.

5yjl9fe.png
[/IMG]

Last edited:
I get Italian, but on other calculators i get Spaniard, Jewish, Greek, Armenian, Turkish, Lebanese etc. so im confused, also because i dont know of Italian ancestry in our family. We know of German, Russian and Jewish ancestry. but i think this is not the right place for this topic?

i also get not even 5% ashkenazi. but more east and west mediterranean:

#PopulationPercent
1SOUTH_BALTIC21.46
2NORTH-CENTRAL_EURO19.33
3ATLANTIC18.63
4EAST_EURO13.62
5WEST_MED12.86
6EAST_MED9.08
7ASHKENAZI4.4
8WEST_ASIAN0.4
9EAST_ASIAN0.21

It will be interesting to see your ydna line[Western or Eastern R1b- if it is related to the tribes that sculptured these burial markers.

[h=1]Kernosovsky Idol[/h]
https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Керносовский_идол

%D0%9A%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%BD%D0%BE%D1%81%D0%BE%D0%B2%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B8%D0%B9_%D0%B8%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%BB.png

This thread has been viewed 107104 times.

Back