Ancient genomes with DNA.Land

Ancestry report for RISE598 (Turlojiškė near Lithuanian-Polish border, Bronze Age):

RISE598_Lithuania_Bronze_Age.png

DNA Land ancestry report for Altai Neanderthal:

As we can see DNA Land chose 2/3 Bushman + 1/3 Pygmy as a surrogate for archaic Homo:

Altai_Neanderthal.png

Edit:

Denisova Hominin is similar, but 1/2 Bushman + 1/2 Pygmy:

Denisowczyk.png

Last edited:
Last edited:
Last edited:
Iran Neolithic (sample I1290):

Iran_Neo.png

Iran Copper Age (sample I1661):

Iran_Chalc.png

Sample NG21-10 from Serbia (ca. 6600 years before present):

NG21_10_Serbia_6600_ybp.png

Tomenable, I did it as well,

Now, Can you do the same things for the sample from a little bit South Europe? I want to compare them with my results.

RISE1 - Corded Ware man from Obłaczkowo in Poland:

RISE1.jpg

DNA Land Ancestry Report for RISE98 (Battle Axe man from Lilla Beddinge in southern Sweden):

RISE_98.png

Autosomally 50% "Northwest Euro" and 43% "North Slavic" plus Y-DNA haplogroup R1b-U106:

https://s18.postimg.io/6tvoh3wux/RISE98.png

RISE98.png

Tomenable, I did it as well,

Now, Can you do the same things for the sample from a little bit South Europe? I want to compare them with my results.

Not South Europe, but South nonetheless - Early Bronze Age Jordan (Ain Ghazal, sample I1706, 2490-2300 BCE):

Jordan_EBA.png

I think Samar Morgan score the highest North Slavic+Finnish combo=92%

The Bell Beaker/Corded ware is very interesting. It's starting to really look like the Bell Beaker phenomenon was in fact IEs tapping copper resources for bronze production.

@Angela people are engaging the data because it's interesting. It's that simple. I know it has to be interpreted in a certain way that may not be intuitive to some, but it's still just another way to present ancient DNA. And it's all in one spot with nice looking graphical representations. It's a good thing. Sometimes you miss something in the data until you see it presented in a new way, like this for example.

Indeed but what I also realized is that it is pretty much European centered (which makes for them sense). It first tries to explain the admixture by European ancestries and anything else that simply isn't found in Europe get's explained with additional outside admixture.

Means Since Northeast and Northwest Europeans have significant enough EEF and CHG/Iran_Neo admixture it most of the time doesn't need anything else to explain. Expect Khvalynsk which indicates that this culture must had even more ancestry that is typical for South_Central Asia today and is not found in modern Europeans.

If the calculator was South_Central Asian centric for example it would explain some of the EHG found ion Yamnaya simply as "SOuth_Central Asian" ancestry and explain everything additional EHG not found in this part of the region as "Northeast European".

As you said yourself these calculators made for modern populations are not very usefull for ancient once.

I doubt northern Europe component would be that far EEF or CHG/Iran; they are based - I suppose - on modern geographical percentages densties, so I doubt so much ancient "southern" DNA elements could have become denser in North than in South (same reasoning for the opposite, and for other components); if modern northern admixture components are not perfect nor pure in fact - drift exists - they show us something; otherwise Scandinavia would not have so much 'mediter' or other southern component in it, nor Spain have 'northwest' or 'northeast' component in it.
Evidently, if one look at auDNA condition around the 20000 BC or sooner...

I relativize my last post. I was more precise in my #36. I want to say it depends on seriousness of the poolings (doubt about too precisely localized pops) and the time distance between the pops compared, but these comparisons are not without interest when sharply examined.
As an example for relativeness, I recall the case of 'west-med', 'southwest-med', 'iberian', 'sardinian' or other categorizations based on today localization which can push us to forget that the most of their component elements came from Anatolia some 7000 years ago.

This thread has been viewed 32048 times.

Back