Romanian

That's a recent addition then. Sorry. I know English is not your first tongue.

Nowadays not even Romanian is my native tongue,but I
believe that I have something to say.

Diurpaneus, how can you spot the difference from the women from Arges county compared to other women from sub-Carpathians area from Romania?

I live in Bucharest where as you know are people from all Romania and the only way I can tell someone is from Transylvania/Banat or Moldavia is their speaking accent.
If they still have their accent and did not renounced at it.
Not after their look.

As for the folk music you put here, is nice.
NOTE:
dear mister admins can Romanian also be added at native languages?
When you complete the details of your profile.

Simply a matter of spirit,the singer is an old demon from the Balkans nicknamed Kempes.

ovidiu-kempes-folk-you-rezident-foto-claudiu-petre-9591.jpg

646x404.jpg

Wallachian bagpipe

Aromanian song from Korce(Corcea),SE Albania

It sounds to me like the Transylvanian and Moldavian doina.

A Greek dance.

Romanian dance called "Batuta"("The Stamped Dance"),note the same way of
getting down on the floor.

This Albanian dance has a clearer stamping and the air jumps also resemble the NW Carpathian
ones.

This Albanian dance has a clearer stamping and the air jumps also resemble the NW Carpathian ones.
This dance is a refined variant of the original. This is probably the National Ensemble of Songs and Dances. The original is called Valle Devolliçe, Devolliçe dance, from the region of Devoll. Also is called the dance of the men.Here is the original of 1978 from the Folk Festival of Gjirokastra, because we have this festival dedicated exclusively to the folk music:
[h=1]Valle Devollice Gjirokaster 1978[/h]

And this is a dance from the region of Laberia dedicated to Ismail Qemali, forefather of the Albanian Indipendence. They dance and sing at the same time. It`s one of these songs that give strong emotion to every Albanian. The title in english is: Who are you man.

Vallja e Vranishtit "Cili je ti more burre"

The "sitting" stampings and the aerial moves from the Romanian dance
are similar to the Albanian/Greek ones,while the standing stampings
are Serbian alike.
I was speaking of common traits,without pointing towards a relation
of identity between the dances.

This is the Serbian dance trojno(also named "The Shepherd's Dance")
from Eastern Serbia.

http://www.socalfolkdance.com/dances/T/Trojno.pdf

And this is another version of the Romanian dance,from the Republic of Moldova.

EDIT:

If you* are upsetting me, I will kidnap your* girlfriend,call it an old Romanian tradition.

* "You" and "your" are used at plural.

Another Romanian vernacular word is dandur (stranger) inthe Transylvanian dialect, of which no mention has been made so far and whoseAlbanian origin is also proved by István Schütz. This word also provides importantdata concerning the length of the Albanian-Romanian symbiosis and the assumptionthat the Romanians wandered from the Balkan Peninsula to the north in severalwaves, rather than all at once. The meaning of the Albanian base word dhëndër (inthe northern dialect dhânder) is son-in-law. We could ask with good reason: howcould such a great semantic change take place? Here is the way István Schütz argues:We can only understand this semantic transformation if we know the unwritten maritallaws that are still alive in the villages of Albanian uplands. [...] According to these rules,the boy brought his wife to the paternal home, but the girl was taken to her groom’sfather house, irrespective of whether he had won her by marital agreement or simplyrobbed her from her parents. [...] The wedding proposal and the redemption of theblood-revenge sworn for the robbery were arranged by either the fiancé’s father or theappointed mediators. Also, a host of mediators collected the bride and accompanied herto the groom’s house. Once, this was the first time the boy had seen the face of his futurewife. Three days after the wedding, the young wife visited her parents, accompaniedby her friends. However, the husband did not enter his father-in-law’s house.Thus, he remained a stranger in the eye of the girl’s family. The fact that the Albanianword was borrowed in the meaning ‘stranger’ clearly shows that the ancestors of today’sTransylvanian Romanians once lived in the neighbourhood of or mingled withAlbanian highlanders, and also knew their local customs (p. 2

http://www.zeitschrift-fuer-balkanologie.de/index.php/zfb/article/viewFile/15/15

This is Br[FONT=&quot]â[/FONT]ul,"The Belt Dance",there are some" Albano-Greekish" lateral leg stretchings in it
and it all happens according to traditions-upwardly.

Last edited:

This is Br[FONT=&quot]â[/FONT]ul,"The Belt Dance",there are some" Albano-Greekish" lateral leg stretchings in it
and it all happens according to traditions-upwardly.
Interesting dances.
Excuse me, what do you understand with "Albano-Greekish"?

This thread has been viewed 23737 times.

Back