FBS

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Kosovar-Albanian
Y-DNA haplogroup
E1b1b1a2*
mtDNA haplogroup
J1c3
"People who are impressed by wise-sounding-but-meaningless quotes tend to have a lower IQ."
"Those more receptive to bulls**t are less reflective, lower in cognitive ability – numeracy, verbal and fluid intelligence), are more prone to ontological confusions and conspiratorial ideation, are more likely to hold religious and paranormal beliefs, and are more likely to endorse complementary and alternative medicine.”
http://www.spring.org.uk/2015/12/why-you-should-avoid-wise-sounding-but-meaningless-quotes.php

Just who decides if it's meaningless, or wise for that matter?

Perhaps if you were more specific, gave some examples, we could decide.

"People who are impressed by wise-sounding-but-meaningless quotes tend to have a lower IQ."
"Those more receptive to bulls**t are less reflective, lower in cognitive ability – numeracy, verbal and fluid intelligence), are more prone to ontological confusions and conspiratorial ideation, are more likely to hold religious and paranormal beliefs, and are more likely to endorse complementary and alternative medicine.”
http://www.spring.org.uk/2015/12/why-you-should-avoid-wise-sounding-but-meaningless-quotes.php
I scored the highest in Fluid intelligence once. I do not believe in IQ tests. They are very (tacky?) technology and of poor quality. It was a scientific method invented around WW2 if I remember correctly. To me, in this day and age (21st century) it has the accuracy and reliability of a Tarot card reading.

Just who decides if it's meaningless, or wise for that matter?

Perhaps if you were more specific, gave some examples, we could decide.
Exactly what I wanted to know.

kaihan-aba-march-2014-70-638.jpg

This entire topic is odd. "Wise-sounding but meaningless" seems very specific, but how does one judge something as meaningless whilst simultaneously thinking it "sounds wise?" I would think the conclusion of meaninglessness precludes a conclusion of apparent sagacity.

Who are these elusive savants who recognize the idiocy of a statement yet deem it "wise-sounding?"

This thread has been viewed 4589 times.

Back