Posting Award
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Ethnic group
    Italian

1 members found this post helpful.

The end of classical Liberalism and the search for the truth

The assassins can be found in western universities and in large segments of the media.

See:

http://www.unz.com/gnxp/the-ending-o.../#new_comments

It's a very depressing analysis of where we are now. I just hope he isn't right about how this will all end.

Marcuse's philosophy was and is truly pernicious, in my opinion.

"At a certain point the cultural Left no longer made any pretense to being liberal, and transformed themselves into “progressives.” They have taken Marcuse’s thesis in Repressive Toleranceto heart."

"Though I hope that Dreger and her fellow travelers succeed in rolling back the clock, I suspect that the battle here is lost. She points out, correctly, that the total politicization of academia will destroy its existence as a producer of truth in any independent and objective manner."

Every time I hear one of these millennials whining about "safe spaces" I want to smack them across the face, and that includes my niece, an Oberlin graduate. Sending her there was a mistake of enormous magnitude. I have no idea if the brainwashing can be undone. It's proof that you can distort even a fine mind.

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Princess Achievements:
    Overdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteranThree Friends
    Level
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 502
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Ethnic group
    Italian,Irish,Jewish

I never heard of this "safe place" thing before. Seems to be a designation for certain areas on a campus where homophobia, racism etc aren't tolerated. Sounds good to me if it outlaws bashing other races, orientations, religions or disabilities, but I'm unsure how extreme it is; that is are shirts with the American flag considered offensive or something? If so then...uh oh
    mmmmmmmmm dooouuughhhnuuuutz