Eneolithic aDNA from Lake Baikal Siberia

I don't really care where Tomenable and the other so called racists are coming from.

Their points are data driven. Shall we all ignore whats in front of us and follow the social justice script?

its so weird, but i guess thats what moves this forum, which is why I suspect a ton of fake accounts e.g. Goga, the perfect euro hater

I don't really care where Tomenable and the other so called racists are coming from.

Their points are data driven. Shall we all ignore whats in front of us and follow the social justice script?

Oh so I guess only Haplogroup's R1b and R1a are white right?

Oh so I guess only Haplogroup's R1b and R1a are white right?

This is exactly what I'm talking about and I'm sick of it.

If you were to tell me that R1a and R1b seem to be the main paternal lines associated with the depigmentation of europe sometime after 2500BC then I would have to agree, and so would you.

No I would not agree. I see whites as having many different haplogroups. Though I would say J1 and Q are non white. What makes a neolithic farmer less white than an Indo European?

Tomenable's points are data driven? Have you been reading all of them and the responses to them?

What do my posts have to do with a "social justice script"? I'll tell you what...nothing.

I can't help it if new kinds of points for hunting small game developed in the Near East, or farming, or animal husbandry, or metallurgy, or irrigation, or cities, or literacy. It is what it is. I'm sure neither you nor Tomenable have a problem with saying industrialization started in Great Britain, that the Enlightenment was a western European philosophical movement, that computerization began in the U.S.? I don't think so. Why do Tomenable and his ilk have a problem admitting what anyone who has ever taken an ancient history course knows? Are we supposed to ignore all of the achievements of the ancient Near East because the EHG weren't part of them?

As for pigmentation, maybe you have a short memory just like Tomenable. Blonde, blue eyed, fair skinned people existed in MN cultures in central Europe, and these cultures didn't carry R1b or R1a. The Anatolian farmers who came to Europe were lighter than the WHG they encountered in Central Europe. THOSE ARE FACTS, but facts that Tomenable, and perhaps you, are unwilling to acknowledge.

As for the haplogroups that appear in Europe, they all came from elsewhere. Do you doubt it? I'm not sure of the exact movements of the yDna R people, and neither should you be. It's just as likely that with the onset of the LGM they moved south and then spread out from the areas around the Caspian Sea as that they stayed for all of that time somewhere in eastern Europe. Jean Manco promoted that idea of a spread north and south of the Caspian years ago in her book. Is she pursuing a "social justice agenda"? It's absurd. What does it matter, anyway, other than as a matter of intellectual curiosity? Is it better to have stayed in eastern Europe than to have spread out from the Caspian? Why?

You didn't read that bunk he posted about the original white people were the EHG? How about the people in MN Central Europe and Anatolia who had the same depigmentation snps? They weren't "white"?

Wow, I really expected better from you, at least.

If we compare Mesolithic EHG with present-day inhabitants of Ural-Volga part of Russia, we can see that there has been a significant eastward shift. Modern Uralic-speakers are more eastern genetically than the EHG used to be. Here is a comparison using DNA Land: Samara EHG - 92% European [all 92% of it North-East European], 8% Native American Komi person - 77% European [incl. 70% North-East], 3% Central Asian, 20% East Asian https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Komi_peoples Though I suppose that there are differences in % of Asian between individual Komis. Anyway, claiming that the EHG were "Asian" is ridiculous considering that they were not even 1/3 as "Asian" as some modern peoples who are still considered "Caucasoid". ========================= Samara EHG (his Y-DNA haplogroup was R1b and his pigmentation SNPs show that he had blonde hair color and white skin - but I'm not sure about his eye color):
Samara_EHG.png
A modern Komi person (see post #382 in the thread linked below), when you look at phenotypes of modern Komi, some of them look European, others look intermediate, and some look rather Asian; there is also a large diversity of pigmentation: http://forum.molgen.org/index.php/topic,8508.465.html
un7dybhu.png

If we compare Mesolithic EHG with present-day inhabitants of Ural-Volga part of Russia, we can see that there has been some eastward shift. Modern Uralic-speakers are more eastern genetically than the EHG used to be. Here is a comparison using DNA Land:

Samara EHG - 92% European [all 92% of it North-East European], 8% Native American*
Karelia EHG - 87% European [all 87% North-East Euro], 12% Native American, 1% Tubalar
Komi person - 77% European [incl. 70% North-East], 3% Central Asian, 20% East Asian**

*This Native American is likely "extra ANE" beyond of what is found in modern Europe.

**His 20% East Asian is: 12% East Turkic + 8% Northeast Asian (Tubalar + Nganasan).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Komi_peoples

Though I suppose that there are differences in % of Asian between individual Komis.

=========================

Karelia EHG (6850-6000 BC):

Karelian_HG.png

Samara EHG (5650-5550 BC):

Samara_EHG.png

Komi (post #382 in this link):

http://forum.molgen.org/index.php/topic,8508.465.html

un7dybhu.png

If we compare Mesolithic EHG with present-day inhabitants of Ural-Volga part of Russia, we can see that there has been some eastward shift. Modern Uralic-speakers are more eastern genetically than the EHG used to be. Here is a comparison using DNA Land:

Karelia EHG (6850-6000 BC) - 87% European [all 87% North-East Euro], 12% Native American, 1% Tubalar

Samara EHG (5650-5550 BC) - 92% European [all 92% of it North-East European], 8% Native American

A present-day Komi person - 77% European [incl. 70% North-East], 3% Central Asian, 20% East Asian*

*His 20% East Asian is: 12% East Turkic + 8% Northeast Asian (Tubalar + Nganasan).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Komi_peoples

Though I suppose that there are differences in % of Asian between individual Komis.

=========================

Karelia EHG (6850-6000 BC):

Karelian_HG.png

Samara EHG (5650-5550 BC):

Samara_EHG.png

Komi (post #382 in this link):

http://forum.molgen.org/index.php/topic,8508.465.html

un7dybhu.png

The claim that R1a and R1b or even all R are the true "whites" is absolutly ridiculous. Unsupported by Science. There are so many places with insignificant or none R with tons of "west eurasian traits" including fair skin.

Perhaps and only perhaps, R could be responsible of the red pigmentation together with their other linked physical traits. R can't appropriate all traits found in each one west eurasian population. Just look to R in Cameroon and see what happens when you admixed too much, the same thing happens with E in Germany and the same thing happens with every lineage in every place.

Each mutation emerges originally in one person - either male or female. And each person is a carrier of one or two haplogroup(s). So if we know which haplogroup(s) did the original "mutant" have, we can associate early history of a particular trait with a particular haplogroup, as Maciamo did. Western Eurasian lightening mutations are much older than either Anatolian Neolithic or European Mesolithic populations - they date back to the Upper Paleolithic period, as Genetiker wrote (providing a source):

"This paper from last year dated the coalescence of the SLC24A5 mutation at 28,000–22,000 years ago"

28,000-22,000 years ago was before haplogroups such as R1a and R1b even emerged. However, haplogroups R and R1 - which were ancestral to R1a and R1b (as well as to R2 in case of R) - already existed. So it is not unreasonable to assume that at least one of the two major skin lightening mutations emerged in a carrier of haplogrup R1 or R - assuming that it emerged in a male person.

The "first White" could be a woman as well. But maybe she married a guy with R1.

Mutations can be inherited from both parents, so of course other Y-DNA lineages could become carriers of lightening mutations after inheriting those mutations from their mothers. And daughters could get them from fathers as well.

who had the first alleles for white skin does not matter, the alleles were present long before white skin became common

what matters it to understand when, where, how and why white skin was favoured by natural selection
the same goes for LP and so many other traits

we don't have enough data yet to understand the selection

easier to understand should be LP, and even there we don't know the when, the where and the how

Yes Bicicleur, you are right.

And the idea that white skin became common only after farming has been proven wrong.

The following evidence shows that this idea is wrong:

1) Already some of Pre-Farming groups had high frequencies of lightening mutations (including the EHG, the SHG and to a smaller extent also the CHG - and probably ancestors of Anatolian farmers had also been relatively light-skinned already before they became farmers).

2) Scientists estimate that light skin was being selected for already longbefore the invention of farming: "and this paper from 2012 estimated that the selective sweep for the SLC24A5 mutation started 19,000–11,000 years ago. These estimates are consistent with the Afontova Gora 2 finding."

There was enough of R1b in Russia already long before Yamnaya culture emerged. Samara HG, Khvalynsk, etc.

First, they were not EHG even:

Srednestog culture sites lie to the west of the Volga,
in the Don and Dnieper areas (Telegin 1973; Kotova
2006). It has been established that the second
stage of the Samara culture was contemporaneous
with Khvalynsk and Srednestog cultures. The populations
of these three cultures were engaged in settled
cattle husbandry (Telegin 1973; Vasilyev 1981;
Morgunova 1995; 2014).

Second, they were the product of a mix... and do you guess which Y-DNA carried the outliers?

As to the ceramics of the first type,
they are supposed to indicate that people of some
outlandish culture had entered the areas near the
Volga and the Urals. As bearers of different cultural
traditions, as evidenced by the pottery excavated at
Sjezheye burial ground, the outlandish group appeared
to be in a vulnerable position because it was not
numerous (Vasilyeva 2006). It had to be assimilated
into the local environment by the group that produced
the second type of pottery which is found at other
sites in the Volga area, such as at the Lebjazhinka III
settlement. Consequently, the Samara culture emerged,
which marked the onset of the Eneolithic period
in the Volga area.

ref: "Pottery from the Volga area in the Samara and South Urals region from Eneolithic to Early Bronze Age"

First, they were not EHG even:

Second, they were the product of a mix... and do you guess which Y-DNA carried the outliers?

ref: "Pottery from the Volga area in the Samara and South Urals region from Eneolithic to Early Bronze Age"

IMO at one point, the whole Pontic steppe became dominated by only 2 tribes : R1b-M269 and R1b-M73
all the others moved or got extinct

R-P297YSC0000269/PF6475/S17 * PF6498 * PF6463+45 SNPsformed 16800 ybp, TMRCA 13400 ybpinfo
  • R-P297*
  • R-M478Y13204 * Y13208 * Y13202+34 SNPsformed 13400 ybp, TMRCA 7300 ybpinfo
    • R-M478*
    • R-Y14051Y14051 * Y14062 * L1433+46 SNPsformed 7300 ybp, TMRCA 1450 ybpinfo
      • id:YF03179
        UKR [UA-05]
      • id:YF03139
    • R-Y20747Y20779 * Y20759 * Y20757+42 SNPsformed 7300 ybp, TMRCA 1100 ybpinfo
  • R-M269CTS11468/PF6520 * PF6495 * PF6437+82 SNPsformed 13400 ybp, TMRCA 6400 ybpinfo
    • R-M269*
    • R-PF7562PH1631/V2850 * Z29759/FGC31957/BY1713 * Z29761/FGC31966/BY2098+10 SNPsformed 6400 ybp, TMRCA 5000 ybpinfo
      • R-PF7562*
        • id:YF02895
          TUR [TR-61]
      • R-PF7563PF7563/V2347formed 5000 ybp, TMRCA 3600 ybpinfo
        • R-PF7563*
          • id:YF03278
            BLR [BY-HO]
        • R-Z29758Z29758
          • R-Z29758*
          • R-PF7566Z29760 * PF7566 * Z29785+1 SNPs
            • id:ERS256986
              ITA [IT-CA]
          • R-V3286V3870/Z29776 * Z29767 * Z29771+6 SNPs
            • id:ERS256983
              ITA [IT-CA]
            • id:ERS256985
              ITA [IT-CA]
    • R-L23PF6404 * L478/PF6403 * L23/S141/PF6534formed 6400 ybp, TMRCA 6300 ybpinfo

R-P297 is 16800 years old, but only 2 tribes survived, TMRCA 7300 and 6400, both on the Pontic steppe

as for pottery, chack arrival of mtDNA C, D and Z1a in Karelia and Dnjepr Donets culture, and even Hungary

KörösHungaryVörs 52
5500 BC

C5Guba 2011

it was women who spread pottery to Eruope, not men

Last edited by a moderator:
Berun,

Karelian EHG and Samara EHG were pretty much identical autosomally.

We have known about this already since their genomes were published.

But I checked them also with "DNA Land" to confirm this:

https://s21.postimg.io/m41djj66f/EHG_autosomal.png

Karelia: 87% North-East European + 12% Native American
Samara: 92% North-East European + 8% Native American

EHG_autosomal.png

By comparison - here is Villabruna WHG with "DNA Land":

Villabruna: 77% North-East European + 23% West European

Villabruna.png

By the way, the name "North Slavic" is a bit misleading.

This component peaks in Lithuanians and Belarusians, but is also common in Germanics.

For example this is a modern Austrian from Lavanttal:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lavanttal

Austrian: 25% North-West Euro + 49% North-East Euro + 24% Southern Euro

Austrian.png

And this is Swedish Battle Axe RISE98 (with R1b-U106):

RISE98: 50% North-West Euro + 46% North-East Euro + 3% Southern Euro

RISE98.png

Austrian is more southern and relatively (compared to % of North-West component) more eastern.

Last edited:
@bicicleur

Neolithic women alone don't go to dwell among hunter gatherers

@Tomenable
Better this figure then:

HaakPCA.jpg

You can look at the 10% of the greenish Caucasian in Samara_HG... maybe his grand-grand-grandfather was a Caucasian.

By the way someone could run an admixture test for the I0124 guy with the recent Iranian and Caucasian old DNA published?

Hallo to all,
I am new and I'm not expert in the area, but I find Geneaology forum very informative and I enjoy reading it. THANKS TO ALL PARTICPANTS!

I dont't like to differ from the main subject, but I have seen the ma of Y - I2c where Slovenia is empasised and I have some questions.
What happened with I2Din North and IDin Souh? Are they reduced or renamed? Do we have somewhere maps of them? I am not aware of I2c being in the range 1-5 % in Slovenia.

This thread has been viewed 49237 times.

Back