Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Jesus, Son of Mary, Never Claimed Divinity - Proof From The Gospels

  1. #1
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Oasis's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-09-16
    Posts
    34
    Points
    1,465
    Level
    10
    Points: 1,465, Level: 10
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 4.0%


    Country: USA - California



    Jesus, Son of Mary, Never Claimed Divinity - Proof From The Gospels



    There is no doubt that in gospel of John, the fourth gospel, the Jewish Rabbi Yehoshua, known as Jesus, understands himself to be god and explicitly calls himself divine. According to that gospel Jesus allegedly says "I am the way, the truth and the life, no one comes to the father but by me". But he also says "I and the Father are one; before Abraham was, I am".. These are sayings of Jesus found only in Gospel of John. Jesus calls himself god in the gospel of John, the latest of our gospels, but what is striking is that he never calls himself god in Mark, Mathew or Luke, our earliest gospels. I am absolutely certain Jesus never said these things. And so far as I know, either does any other critical biblical scholar. There are hundreds of biblical scholars but there is no scholar of the gospel of John except for extremely conservative evangelicals or fundamentalists who think that the author of gospel of John accurately records all of the words of Jesus. If you think he does; if you think Jesus did go around Galilee and Jerusalem calling himself god, I'd like you to explain to us on historical, not theological ground, but historical grounds how Rabbi Jesus managed to escape getting stoned to death for blasphemy. And more important, how it is that Mark, Mathew and Luke don't record Jesus calling himself god! That seems like an important point. Did they just forget to mention that part?

  2. #2
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Twilight's Avatar
    Join Date
    29-06-12
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Age
    25
    Posts
    881
    Points
    12,103
    Level
    33
    Points: 12,103, Level: 33
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 547
    Overall activity: 1.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-U152-Z56-BY3957
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c7a

    Ethnic group
    15/32 British, 5/32 German, 9/64 Irish, 1/8 Scots Gaelic, 5/64 French, 1/32 Welsh
    Country: USA - Washington



    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
    There is no doubt that in gospel of John, the fourth gospel, the Jewish Rabbi Yehoshua, known as Jesus, understands himself to be god and explicitly calls himself divine. According to that gospel Jesus allegedly says "I am the way, the truth and the life, no one comes to the father but by me". But he also says "I and the Father are one; before Abraham was, I am".. These are sayings of Jesus found only in Gospel of John. Jesus calls himself god in the gospel of John, the latest of our gospels, but what is striking is that he never calls himself god in Mark, Mathew or Luke, our earliest gospels. I am absolutely certain Jesus never said these things. And so far as I know, either does any other critical biblical scholar. There are hundreds of biblical scholars but there is no scholar of the gospel of John except for extremely conservative evangelicals or fundamentalists who think that the author of gospel of John accurately records all of the words of Jesus. If you think he does; if you think Jesus did go around Galilee and Jerusalem calling himself god, I'd like you to explain to us on historical, not theological ground, but historical grounds how Rabbi Jesus managed to escape getting stoned to death for blasphemy. And more important, how it is that Mark, Mathew and Luke don't record Jesus calling himself god! That seems like an important point. Did they just forget to mention that part?
    Depends on what sub-religion of Christianity that you are referring too. But yes I agree, there are some discrepancies. Back during biblical times, learning how to write and read was only for the wealthy but since prehistoric times Humans have been passing down oral history so you get a "telephone game" effect.

  3. #3
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Oasis's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-09-16
    Posts
    34
    Points
    1,465
    Level
    10
    Points: 1,465, Level: 10
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 4.0%


    Country: USA - California



    I am referring to mainstream Christianity. If we want to know what Jesus said and did, we are limited to these four gospels only. Paul virtually says nothing about what Jesus said and did, and likewise the other epistles. But these four canonical gospels, as you mentioned, are filled with discrepancies, historical mistakes, errors, stories that have been changed and changed again..

  4. #4
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Twilight's Avatar
    Join Date
    29-06-12
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Age
    25
    Posts
    881
    Points
    12,103
    Level
    33
    Points: 12,103, Level: 33
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 547
    Overall activity: 1.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-U152-Z56-BY3957
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c7a

    Ethnic group
    15/32 British, 5/32 German, 9/64 Irish, 1/8 Scots Gaelic, 5/64 French, 1/32 Welsh
    Country: USA - Washington



    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
    I am referring to mainstream Christianity. If we want to know what Jesus said and did, we are limited to these four gospels only. Paul virtually says nothing about what Jesus said and did, and likewise the other epistles. But these four canonical gospels, as you mentioned, are filled with discrepancies, historical mistakes, errors, stories that have been changed and changed again..
    Makes sense, as far as settings and environment goes perhaps we could start by exploring the archeology sites of Jesus' supposed travels and campouts like Nazareth https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazareth


    http://www.allaboutjesuschrist.org/w...cified-faq.htm

  5. #5
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Oasis's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-09-16
    Posts
    34
    Points
    1,465
    Level
    10
    Points: 1,465, Level: 10
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 4.0%


    Country: USA - California



    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight View Post
    Makes sense, as far as settings and environment goes perhaps we could start by exploring the archeology sites of Jesus' supposed travels and campouts like Nazareth
    Here is a really good discussion on why Jesus is not god by a former Christian Youth Minister


  6. #6
    Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,329
    Points
    113,888
    Level
    100
    Points: 113,888, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    Quote Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
    Here is a really good discussion on why Jesus is not god by a former Christian Youth Minister
    The answer is simpler than you think. Because God doesn't exist.
    I'm sure you don't agree with it. You are a spiritual person anyway and sort of conspiracy theorist, right?
    Be wary of people who tend to glorify the past, underestimate the present, and demonize the future.

  7. #7
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Oasis's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-09-16
    Posts
    34
    Points
    1,465
    Level
    10
    Points: 1,465, Level: 10
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 4.0%


    Country: USA - California



    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    The answer is simpler than you think. Because God doesn't exist.
    I'm sure you don't agree with it. You are a spiritual person anyway and sort of conspiracy theorist, right?
    Sure he does exist. You know that, too, but that is the discussion of a different topic.

  8. #8
    Regular Member Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranThree Friends25000 Experience Points
    Yetos's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-10-11
    Location
    Makedonia
    Posts
    5,198
    Points
    39,935
    Level
    61
    Points: 39,935, Level: 61
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 415
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    G2a3a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    X2b

    Ethnic group
    Makedonian original
    Country: Greece



    0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    οκ

    I think we are reviving the old argue, that led to wars, etc etc

    back to ΜΟΝΟΦΥΣΙΤΙΣΜΟΣ NΕΣΤΟΡΙΑΝΙΣΜΟΣ ΑΡΕΙΑΝΙΣΜΟΣ ΧΑΛΚΗΔΟΝΙΟΙ ΚΟΠΤΙΚΙΣΜΟΣ ΓΝΩΣΤΙΚΟΙ
    Monophysitism Chalkedonianism Areianism Nestorians Coptisism Gnostics etc etc.
    ΟΘΕΝ ΑΙΔΩΣ OY EINAI
    ΑΤΗ ΛΑΜΒΑΝΕΙΝ ΑΥΤΟΙΣ
    ΥΒΡΙΣ ΓΕΝΝΑΤΑΙ
    ΝΕΜΕΣΙΣ ΚΑΙ ΤΙΣΗ ΑΚΟΛΟΥΘΟΥΣΙ ΔΕ

    When there is no shame
    Divine blindness conquers them
    Hybris (abuse, opprombium) is born
    Nemesis and punishment follows.

    Εχε υπομονη Ηρωα
    Η τιμωρια δεν αργει.

  9. #9
    Regular Member Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends25000 Experience Points
    Sile's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-09-11
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,120
    Points
    29,699
    Level
    52
    Points: 29,699, Level: 52
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Overall activity: 37.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945..Jura
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a1 ..Pannoni

    Ethnic group
    North Alpine Italian
    Country: Australia



    Quote Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
    I am referring to mainstream Christianity. If we want to know what Jesus said and did, we are limited to these four gospels only. Paul virtually says nothing about what Jesus said and did, and likewise the other epistles. But these four canonical gospels, as you mentioned, are filled with discrepancies, historical mistakes, errors, stories that have been changed and changed again..
    Latest chit-chat on Jesus by scholars in 2015 is that he was a Gentile ( ex-jew) who married a pagan Phoenician priestess called Mary and he was prophet.
    called son of God..........but any prophet was called son of God .....................it was the commencement of gender inequality by religious institutions . Before this the majority of Dieties in the middle-east and europe had female forms .............IIRC , they have found a few thousand of these forms in the areas I noted.
    có che un pòpoło no 'l defende pi ła só łéngua el xe prónto par èser s'ciavo

    when a people no longer dares to defend its language it is ripe for slavery.

  10. #10
    Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    15,301
    Points
    278,809
    Level
    100
    Points: 278,809, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Which scholars? Biblical archaeology and scholarship is quite a thing with me and I've never seen a reknowned serious scholar from a university propose such a thing.

    Dan Brown or random people putting videos up on youtube don't qualify as scholars, you know.

    That would be quite a feat, by the way, since there were no Phoenicians left, male of female...

    This is what happens when people get their ideas from movies and paperback novels.

    See:
    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/02/0225_040225_davincicode.html


    Oasis is correct to this extent: there is extremely little documentary evidence about any aspect of Jesus' life other than what is in the Bible. If you want to believe the canonical books over the "lost" gnostic type gospels, or vice versa, you're free to do so, although it's clear to anyone with some knowledge of Jewish life and religion at the time which would be more likely to be true.


    Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

  11. #11
    Regular Member Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranThree Friends25000 Experience Points
    Yetos's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-10-11
    Location
    Makedonia
    Posts
    5,198
    Points
    39,935
    Level
    61
    Points: 39,935, Level: 61
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 415
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    G2a3a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    X2b

    Ethnic group
    Makedonian original
    Country: Greece



    0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    well there is a theory that Jesus was Caesarion, hidden in Judea,

  12. #12
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Oasis's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-09-16
    Posts
    34
    Points
    1,465
    Level
    10
    Points: 1,465, Level: 10
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 4.0%


    Country: USA - California



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Which scholars? Biblical archaeology and scholarship is quite a thing with me and I've never seen a reknowned serious scholar from a university propose such a thing.

    Dan Brown or random people putting videos up on youtube don't qualify as scholars, you know.

    That would be quite a feat, by the way, since there were no Phoenicians left, male of female...

    This is what happens when people get their ideas from movies and paperback novels.
    because you don't know these scholars doesn't mean they don't exist. In fact, in the last 30-40 years or so a lot of scholarly research have been done on the New Testament studies and many issues about early christianity came into light. Serious researchers don't take Dan Brown and the like seriously. If you do, that would be your problem.

  13. #13
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Oasis's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-09-16
    Posts
    34
    Points
    1,465
    Level
    10
    Points: 1,465, Level: 10
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 4.0%


    Country: USA - California



    Quote Originally Posted by Yetos View Post
    well there is a theory that Jesus was Caesarion, hidden in Judea,
    there may be a lot of theories about Jesus, but there is only one Jesus.

  14. #14
    Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    15,301
    Points
    278,809
    Level
    100
    Points: 278,809, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
    because you don't know these scholars doesn't mean they don't exist. In fact, in the last 30-40 years or so a lot of scholarly research have been done on the New Testament studies and many issues about early christianity came into light. Serious researchers don't take Dan Brown and the like seriously. If you do, that would be your problem.
    The following claim was made:
    "on Jesus by scholars in 2015 is that he was a Gentile ( ex-jew) who married a pagan Phoenician priestess called Mary"

    I asked for their names and qualifications. If they exist that shouldn't be a problem. If no one can provide the names and affiliations of such scholars, then for the purposes of this discussion, the statement shouldn't be given any weight.

    Do you have some problem with people supporting their claims with actual evidence?

    How else are people supposed to know how much credence to give the claims?

    If you think I believe anything said by Dan Brown then you have totally misunderstood what I have posted.

  15. #15
    Regular Member Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends25000 Experience Points
    Sile's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-09-11
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,120
    Points
    29,699
    Level
    52
    Points: 29,699, Level: 52
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Overall activity: 37.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945..Jura
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a1 ..Pannoni

    Ethnic group
    North Alpine Italian
    Country: Australia



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Which scholars? Biblical archaeology and scholarship is quite a thing with me and I've never seen a reknowned serious scholar from a university propose such a thing.

    Dan Brown or random people putting videos up on youtube don't qualify as scholars, you know.

    That would be quite a feat, by the way, since there were no Phoenicians left, male of female...

    This is what happens when people get their ideas from movies and paperback novels.

    See:
    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/02/0225_040225_davincicode.html


    Oasis is correct to this extent: there is extremely little documentary evidence about any aspect of Jesus' life other than what is in the Bible. If you want to believe the canonical books over the "lost" gnostic type gospels, or vice versa, you're free to do so, although it's clear to anyone with some knowledge of Jewish life and religion at the time which would be more likely to be true.
    not your hero Dan Brown and his fantasies if this is what you believe


    Simcha Jacobovici and Barrie Wilson from the Lost Gospel"

    of course , all Christians will be brain-washed to deny any ideas that Jesus was married...................are you a christian?

  16. #16
    King Achievements:
    Three Friends10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Maleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    22-03-14
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,919
    Points
    18,503
    Level
    41
    Points: 18,503, Level: 41
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 447
    Overall activity: 3.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    EV13 A7136 y18675G+
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

    Country: Malta



    Quote Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
    there may be a lot of theories about Jesus, but there is only one Jesus.
    It is also claimed according to the Jewish Talmund that Jesus is the son of a Roman soldier with the name of Panthera.

  17. #17
    Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    15,301
    Points
    278,809
    Level
    100
    Points: 278,809, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Did either of you actually read my posts?

    Let me make this really simple.

    I think Dan Brown is a fraud. So is this screenwriter who wrote a blog post about Jesus and Mary Magdalen which sounds suspiciously like the thesis of your "scholars".

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/simcha...b_6225826.html

    It's bunk, and I would be seriously stunned if any serious scholar ever said such a thing.

    Are we clear now?

    No one, me included, gets to make statements for which there is no factual support.

  18. #18
    King Achievements:
    Three Friends10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Maleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    22-03-14
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,919
    Points
    18,503
    Level
    41
    Points: 18,503, Level: 41
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 447
    Overall activity: 3.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    EV13 A7136 y18675G+
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

    Country: Malta



    Quote Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
    I am referring to mainstream Christianity. If we want to know what Jesus said and did, we are limited to these four gospels only. Paul virtually says nothing about what Jesus said and did, and likewise the other epistles. But these four canonical gospels, as you mentioned, are filled with discrepancies, historical mistakes, errors, stories that have been changed and changed again..
    Paul never met Jesus in person so he could never be a witness to what Jesus had said. Yet the irony is that Paul of Tarsus is often claimed as the greatest apostle, even though according to tradition he never really was chosen as one by Jesus. In fact the modern Christian church is very Pauline in nature as it was Paul who spread it well beyond were it was born.

  19. #19
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Oasis's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-09-16
    Posts
    34
    Points
    1,465
    Level
    10
    Points: 1,465, Level: 10
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 4.0%


    Country: USA - California



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Do you have some problem with people supporting their claims with actual evidence?

    How else are people supposed to know how much credence to give the claims?

    If you think I believe anything said by Dan Brown then you have totally misunderstood what I have posted.
    Not at all. in fact this is what serious researchers go with - evidence. Evidence from the antiquity, evidence from the early Christian writings whether canonical or non-canonical, evidence from inscriptions, personal correspondences among people of early christianity and so on. Evidence is always welcome.

  20. #20
    Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    15,301
    Points
    278,809
    Level
    100
    Points: 278,809, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    The reason you're not getting much of a response here is because most people are either atheists or agnostics, and they don't much care.

    I'll give it a shot on a strictly intellectual levela; not, to be clear, that of a practicing Christian.

    I think a strong argument could be made that the words of Jesus, as written by the Gospel writers, do claim divine status for himself. (Of course, if you believe that the original followers made it up, or Mark embellished the original story, that's a different issue. In that case I don't know why you'd care what it says in any of the gospels, canonical or not.)

    In order to discuss it, you have to understand what the words "Son of God" meant in the parlance of the day.

    "Most scholars agree that "Son of God" is the most important of these titles in Mark.[46] It appears on the lips of God himself at the baptism and the transfiguration, and is Jesus' own self-designation (Mark 13:32).[46] These and other instances provide reliable evidence of how the evangelist perceived Jesus, but it is not clear just what the title meant to Mark and his 1st century audience.[46] Where it appears in the Hebrew scriptures it meant Israel as God's people, or the king at his coronation, or angels, as well as the suffering righteous man.[47] In Hellenistic culture the same phrase meant a "divine man", a supernatural being.[46] There is little evidence that "son of God" was a title for the messiah in 1st century Judaism, and the attributes which Mark describes in Jesus are much more those of the Hellenistic miracle-working "divine man" than of the Jewish Davidic messiah.[46]

    This discussion can be found in the Wiki article on Mark's gospel, the oldest, and thus arguably the closest to the actual events. The links are good and provide more detail.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_Mark

    Here are some examples of the statements purported to have been made by Jesus:

    In the Gospel of Mark, the voice of God is said to have been heard calling Jesus the Son of God when Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist. However, Jesus calls himself that when questioned in the Temple:

    Mark 14:61 states that the high priest asked Jesus: "Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed? And Jesus said, "I am", at which the high priest tears his own robe in anger and accuses Jesus of blasphemy.

    Likewise, in Matthew 26:63, the high priest asks: Tell us whether you are teh Christ, the Son of God." Jesus answers, "You have said it,prompting the high priest to tear his own robe."

    In Like 22:70, when asked "Are you then the Son of God?", Jesus answers "You say that I am", affirming the title Son of God. The priests then say "What further need have we of witnesses, for we ourselves have heard from his own mouth, and they decide to condemn Jesus.

    There are numerous other examples, but that should do it.

    If you find that persuasive, fine. If you don't find that persuasive, again fine. It's a free country. Believe what you want.

  21. #21
    Curious Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    11-08-12
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    2,262
    Points
    15,835
    Level
    38
    Points: 15,835, Level: 38
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 615
    Overall activity: 11.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    Not known - O3?
    MtDNA haplogroup
    Not known - M?

    Ethnic group
    Chinese
    Country: Canada-British Columbia



    Saul of Tarsus used to persecute the followers of Jesus till he had a dream. The dream of a blanket with lizards appearing on the blanket. Saul saw that as a revelation that gentiles (lizards) should be included. Saul became Paul. He preached to the gentiles against all the other apostles who were attempting to convert Jews to the new faith. I read the Apostles' Letters in case you wonder.

  22. #22
    Regular Member Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranThree Friends25000 Experience Points
    Yetos's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-10-11
    Location
    Makedonia
    Posts
    5,198
    Points
    39,935
    Level
    61
    Points: 39,935, Level: 61
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 415
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    G2a3a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    X2b

    Ethnic group
    Makedonian original
    Country: Greece



    Quote Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
    there may be a lot of theories about Jesus, but there is only one Jesus.
    or one Caesarion?

  23. #23
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Twilight's Avatar
    Join Date
    29-06-12
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Age
    25
    Posts
    881
    Points
    12,103
    Level
    33
    Points: 12,103, Level: 33
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 547
    Overall activity: 1.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-U152-Z56-BY3957
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c7a

    Ethnic group
    15/32 British, 5/32 German, 9/64 Irish, 1/8 Scots Gaelic, 5/64 French, 1/32 Welsh
    Country: USA - Washington



    Quote Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
    Here is a really good discussion on why Jesus is not god by a former Christian Youth Minister

    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    The answer is simpler than you think. Because God doesn't exist.
    I'm sure you don't agree with it. You are a spiritual person anyway and sort of conspiracy theorist, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
    Sure he does exist. You know that, too, but that is the discussion of a different topic.



    Whoa, what commotion did I miss?


    Anyways, I maybe a spiritual person myself however it's really up to the person to decide weather God exists. If you believe in a Devine being than more power for you but I'm afraid that is more a matter of faith rather than material evidence.

  24. #24
    Princess Achievements:
    Overdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteranThree Friends
    davef's Avatar
    Join Date
    19-06-16
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,216
    Points
    11,163
    Level
    31
    Points: 11,163, Level: 31
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 87
    Overall activity: 0%


    Ethnic group
    Italian,Irish,Jewish
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by Maleth View Post
    It is also claimed according to the Jewish Talmund that Jesus is the son of a Roman soldier with the name of Panthera.
    You mean Pantera? Never really got into that band, I own one album from them but I may be missing a lot. I can't say they're bad, it's just that I haven't given them the same amount of attention I gave other bands. Maybe I should know what I'm missing?
    mmmmmmmmm dooouuughhhnuuuutz

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •