Level
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Overall activity: 71.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2c2
    MtDNA haplogroup
    T2e1

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    I think we posted the provisional answer upthread from Lazaridis in "The Genetic Structure of the World's First Farmers":

"However, no190 affinity of Natufians to sub-Saharan Africans is evident in our genome-wide analysis, as191 present-day sub-Saharan Africans do not share more alleles with Natufians than with other192 ancient Eurasians (Extended Data Table 1). (We could not test for a link to present-day NorthAfricans, who owe most of their ancestry to back-migration from Eurasia27,28 193 .)"

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/bior...59311.full.pdf
    Yes, they didn't have sub-Saharan admixture. I don't know why some Gedmatch calculators return results like this one Gedrosia K3

kit M041601 (Natufian)

Population
    E_Eurasian -
    SSA 10.80
    W_Eurasian 89.20

Well, Natufians did have higher basal than modern Middle Easterners, so the excess of that was assigned to SSA ? or that all of them are just terrible.

Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 191
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-U106 R-L1
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1e

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Could SSA showing up in Natufians have something to do with Natufian Ancestry in East Africa? Luxmanda derived well over a third of her ancestry from the Neolithic Levant with no CHG or EEF contribution.

It's suggested that either there was a migration from the Levant to east Africa or that Luxmanda and PPN-Levantine farmers shared a common ancestor. Hunter Gatherers from Ethiopia just 1,400 years before Luxmanda lack any west Eurasian ancestry which points to a migration, but a pure stream of Natufian ancestry entering east Africa some time after 2,500bc needs some explaining.

Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by IronSide View Post
    Yes, they didn't have sub-Saharan admixture. I don't know why some Gedmatch calculators return results like this one Gedrosia K3

kit M041601 (Natufian)

Population
    E_Eurasian -
    SSA 10.80
    W_Eurasian 89.20

Well, Natufians did have higher basal than modern Middle Easterners, so the excess of that was assigned to SSA ? or that all of them are just terrible.
    I think I might go with door number 2. :) It's just never going to be that accurate to use programs based on modern populations to analyze ancient ones. It may give you a rough idea, but small percents of one thing or another may be off.

Seriously, as I pointed out above, in the original analyses of the SHG they came out with a chunk of African.

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12