Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28

Thread: Basal Eurasian Question

  1. #1
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Twilight's Avatar
    Join Date
    29-06-12
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Age
    25
    Posts
    881
    Points
    12,103
    Level
    33
    Points: 12,103, Level: 33
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 547
    Overall activity: 1.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-U152-Z56-BY3957
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c7a

    Ethnic group
    15/32 British, 5/32 German, 9/64 Irish, 1/8 Scots Gaelic, 5/64 French, 1/32 Welsh
    Country: USA - Washington



    Cool Basal Eurasian Question

    So apparently according to the new Mtdna X Page, Mtdna N1,N2,X and W were considered Basal Eurasian Haplogroups. Yet it appears that Mtdna N1,N2,X and W were dominate in early farmers/Natufians. Is Maciamo saying that the Natufians culture was 100% Basal Eurasian?
    http://www.eupedia.com/europe/Haplogroup_X_mtDNA.shtml
    http://cdn.eupedia.com/images/conten...aplogroups.png

  2. #2
    Elite member Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    IronSide's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-10-16
    Age
    24
    Posts
    883
    Points
    8,064
    Level
    26
    Points: 8,064, Level: 26
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Overall activity: 71.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2c2
    MtDNA haplogroup
    T2e1

    Country: United Arab Emirates



    I wonder if Basal Eurasians left only their mtDNA as proof of their existence ... maybe they were a female dominated culture, it doesn't seem that the Basal in Iran Neolithic and Natufians were that much differentiated and they existed in similar frequenceis, that suggests a recent admixture imo.

    I really hope they find the population that corresponds to them soon, that will be the greatest discovery in population genetics ever.

  3. #3
    Elite member Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    IronSide's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-10-16
    Age
    24
    Posts
    883
    Points
    8,064
    Level
    26
    Points: 8,064, Level: 26
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Overall activity: 71.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2c2
    MtDNA haplogroup
    T2e1

    Country: United Arab Emirates



    A nice map


  4. #4
    Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    bicicleur's Avatar
    Join Date
    27-01-13
    Location
    Zwevegem, Belgium
    Posts
    5,334
    Points
    45,963
    Level
    66
    Points: 45,963, Level: 66
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 987
    Overall activity: 45.0%


    Country: Belgium - Flanders



    Quote Originally Posted by IronSide View Post
    A nice map

    what haplos are found in the light blue Central Asia?

  5. #5
    Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    bicicleur's Avatar
    Join Date
    27-01-13
    Location
    Zwevegem, Belgium
    Posts
    5,334
    Points
    45,963
    Level
    66
    Points: 45,963, Level: 66
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 987
    Overall activity: 45.0%


    Country: Belgium - Flanders



    Quote Originally Posted by IronSide View Post
    I wonder if Basal Eurasians left only their mtDNA as proof of their existence ... maybe they were a female dominated culture, it doesn't seem that the Basal in Iran Neolithic and Natufians were that much differentiated and they existed in similar frequenceis, that suggests a recent admixture imo.
    I really hope they find the population that corresponds to them soon, that will be the greatest discovery in population genetics ever.
    the Basal Eurasians are older than any Eurasian mtDNA haplogroup, but some of them must have gotten admixed with Basal Eurasian and others not

  6. #6
    Elite member Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    IronSide's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-10-16
    Age
    24
    Posts
    883
    Points
    8,064
    Level
    26
    Points: 8,064, Level: 26
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Overall activity: 71.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2c2
    MtDNA haplogroup
    T2e1

    Country: United Arab Emirates



    Quote Originally Posted by bicicleur View Post
    what haplos are found in the light blue Central Asia?
    None were exclusively labeled to central Asia, I think its light blue to indicate commonality between East,South, and West Eurasia. The blue ones are West Eurasians

  7. #7
    Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    15,328
    Points
    280,616
    Level
    100
    Points: 280,616, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    We know Natufians were only partly Basal Eurasian. Hotu is the sample with the most Basal Eurasian. Natufians and Iran Neo were similar in terms of percentages.

    It was in the Lazaridis paper:
    https://www.nature.com/articles/nature19310

    This is an open access version:
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...hms-804247.pdf

    We discussed it in the thread here about the Melinda Yang paper, where we came to the conclusion that they just have a typo in there about which group has the most.
    https://www.eupedia.com/forum/thread...Basal+Eurasian
    Last edited by Angela; 06-02-18 at 20:14.


    Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

  8. #8
    Moderator Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second ClassThree Friends25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Most Popular

    Join Date
    21-10-16
    Posts
    1,725
    Points
    26,601
    Level
    50
    Points: 26,601, Level: 50
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 949
    Overall activity: 5.0%


    Ethnic group
    Multiracial Brazilian
    Country: Brazil



    Quote Originally Posted by bicicleur View Post
    what haplos are found in the light blue Central Asia?
    Really, is the Mt-DNA of East Siberians mostly West Eurasian? Or are they considering "Russians" as the entire country from the Baltic to the Pacific?

  9. #9
    Elite member Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    IronSide's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-10-16
    Age
    24
    Posts
    883
    Points
    8,064
    Level
    26
    Points: 8,064, Level: 26
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Overall activity: 71.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2c2
    MtDNA haplogroup
    T2e1

    Country: United Arab Emirates



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    We know Natufians were only partly Basal Eurasian. If my memory serves, Hotu is the sample with the most Basal Eurasian. Natufians and Iran Neo were similar in terms of percentages.
    Yes thats right, half of their ancestry is Basal and the other two is something related to WHG in the case of Natufians, and something descended from Ancient North Eurasians in the case of Iran Neo.

    An important question to ask is who colonized the Near East first ? BEu or the other two groups ? we demand ancient dna from the paleolithic Near East !!!

  10. #10
    Elite member Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    IronSide's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-10-16
    Age
    24
    Posts
    883
    Points
    8,064
    Level
    26
    Points: 8,064, Level: 26
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Overall activity: 71.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2c2
    MtDNA haplogroup
    T2e1

    Country: United Arab Emirates



    Alright this is a daring hypothesis: N1,N2 and X are Basal Eurasian in origin, while H,V,J,T,U are WHG, UHG, and EHG in origin.

    bicicleur is going to kill me :) sorry man but I can't accept that they left no mtDNA and Y-DNA but we only inherited their autosomal, I find that very unlikely.

  11. #11
    Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    bicicleur's Avatar
    Join Date
    27-01-13
    Location
    Zwevegem, Belgium
    Posts
    5,334
    Points
    45,963
    Level
    66
    Points: 45,963, Level: 66
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 987
    Overall activity: 45.0%


    Country: Belgium - Flanders



    Quote Originally Posted by IronSide View Post
    Alright this is a daring hypothesis: N1,N2 and X are Basal Eurasian in origin, while H,V,J,T,U are WHG, UHG, and EHG in origin.

    bicicleur is going to kill me :) sorry man but I can't accept that they left no mtDNA and Y-DNA but we only inherited their autosomal, I find that very unlikely.
    Basal Eurasians split from non-Africans earlier than 45 ka Usht-Ishim.
    There are not so many options left.

  12. #12
    Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    bicicleur's Avatar
    Join Date
    27-01-13
    Location
    Zwevegem, Belgium
    Posts
    5,334
    Points
    45,963
    Level
    66
    Points: 45,963, Level: 66
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 987
    Overall activity: 45.0%


    Country: Belgium - Flanders



    Quote Originally Posted by IronSide View Post
    Yes thats right, half of their ancestry is Basal and the other two is something related to WHG in the case of Natufians, and something descended from Ancient North Eurasians in the case of Iran Neo.
    that seems to be correct, but can you provide me the source where you got that info?

  13. #13
    Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    15,328
    Points
    280,616
    Level
    100
    Points: 280,616, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by bicicleur View Post
    that seems to be correct, but can you provide me the source where you got that info?
    See post N. 7.

    Jovialis posted this in the Melinda Yang thread:

    Here's an excerpt from the original source:


  14. #14
    Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    15,328
    Points
    280,616
    Level
    100
    Points: 280,616, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Some more from Lazaridis:

    "West Eurasians harbour significantly less Neanderthal ancestry than East Asians19-21, whichcould be explained if West Eurasians (but not East Asians) have partial ancestry from asource diluting their Neanderthal inheritance22. Supporting this theory, we observe anegative correlation between Basal Eurasian ancestry and the rate of shared alleles withNeanderthals19 (Supplementary Information, section 5; Fig. 2). By extrapolation, we inferthat the Basal Eurasian population had lower Neanderthal ancestry than non-Basal Eurasianpopulations and possibly none (ninety-five percent confidence interval truncated at zero of0-60%; Fig. 2; Methods). The finding of little if any Neanderthal ancestry in Basal Eurasianscould be explained if the Neanderthal admixture into modern humans 50,000-60,000 yearsago11 largely occurred after the splitting of the Basal Eurasians from other non-Africans.It is striking that the highest estimates of Basal Eurasian ancestry are from the Near East,given the hypothesis that it was there that most admixture between Neanderthals and modernhumans occurred19,23. This could be explained if Basal Eurasians thoroughly admixed intothe Near East before the time of the samples we analyzed but after the Neanderthaladmixture. Alternatively, the ancestors of Basal Eurasians may have always lived in the NearEast, but the lineage of which they were a part did not participate in the Neanderthaladmixture"

    "A population without Neanderthal admixture, basal to other Eurasians, may have plausiblylived in Africa. Craniometric analyses have suggested an affinity between the Natufians andpopulations of north or sub-Saharan Africa24,25, a result that finds some support from Ychromosome analysis which shows that the Natufians and successor Levantine Neolithicpopulations carried haplogroup E, of likely ultimate African origin, which has not beendetected in other ancient males from West Eurasia (Supplementary Information, section6) 7,8. However, no affinity of Natufians to sub-Saharan Africans is evident in our genomewideanalysis, as present-day sub-Saharan Africans do not share more alleles with Natufiansthan with other ancient Eurasians (Extended Data Table 1). (We could not test for a link topresent-day North Africans, who owe most of their ancestry to back-migration fromEurasia26,27.) The idea of Natufians as a vector for the movement of Basal Eurasian ancestryinto the Near East is also not supported by our data, as the Basal Eurasian ancestry in theNatufians (44±8%) is consistent with stemming from the same population as that in theNeolithic and Mesolithic populations of Iran, and is not greater than in those populations(Supplementary Information, section 4). Further insight into the origins and legacy of theNatufians could come from comparison to Natufians from additional sites, and to ancientDNA from north Africa. "

    This is why I started to consider perhaps a movement from India into Mesopotamia and then a spread from there.

  15. #15
    Elite member Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    IronSide's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-10-16
    Age
    24
    Posts
    883
    Points
    8,064
    Level
    26
    Points: 8,064, Level: 26
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Overall activity: 71.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2c2
    MtDNA haplogroup
    T2e1

    Country: United Arab Emirates



    Quote Originally Posted by bicicleur View Post
    that seems to be correct, but can you provide me the source where you got that info?
    From Lazaridis et al (2016) https://www.biorxiv.org/content/early/2016/06/16/059311
    Supplementary information page 34:

    Neolithic Iran and Natufians could be derived from the same Basal Eurasian population but are genetically closer to EHG and WHG respectively. We take the model of Fig. S4.9 and attempt to fit Natufians as a mixture of the same Basal Eurasian population that contributes to Iran_N and any other population of the tree. Several solutions are feasible, and we show the best one (lowest ADMIXTUREGRAPH score) in Fig. S4.10. We can add both EHG and MA1 as simple branches to the model structure of Fig. S4.10 and show the results in Fig. S4.11. An interesting aspect of this model is that it derives both Natufians and Iran_N from Basal Eurasians but Natufians have ancestry from a population related to WHG, while Iran_N has ancestry related to EHG. Natufians and Iran_N may themselves reside on clines of WHG-related/EHG-related admixture. The fact that these two populations are differentially related to European hunter-gatherers can be directly seen from the following statistics:
    X Y f4(Iran_N,Natufian;X,Y) Z
    EHG Mbuti 0.00204 3.4
    WHG Mbuti -0.00241 -4.3
    WHG EHG -0.00441 -8.9
    The statistic f4(Iran_N, Iran_HotuIIIb; EHG, Mbuti) = -0.00199 (Z=-2.4) suggests that the singleton individual from Hotu (Iran_HotuIIIb) was shifted towards EHG along the Iran_N/EHG cline, albeit it does not reach |Z|>3. There is uncertainty about the date of Iran_HotuIIIb, as it is not certain that it is of Mesolithic age and thus predates the Neolithic of Iran from Ganj Dareh. The fact that the Caucasus hunter-gatherers (CHG) (who are definitely pre-Neolithic) have extra EHG-related ancestry is also supportive of a substantial antiquity of this element in the Caucasus-Iran region. It is not clear whether the hunter-gatherers preceding the Neolithic in Ganj Dareh were similar to Iran_HotuIIIb or the CHG and their EHG affinity was diluted during Neolithization, or whether they are descended from an unsampled hunter-gatherer population that already had this reduced affinity to the EHG.


  16. #16
    Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    bicicleur's Avatar
    Join Date
    27-01-13
    Location
    Zwevegem, Belgium
    Posts
    5,334
    Points
    45,963
    Level
    66
    Points: 45,963, Level: 66
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 987
    Overall activity: 45.0%


    Country: Belgium - Flanders



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Some more from Lazaridis:

    "West Eurasians harbour significantly less Neanderthal ancestry than East Asians19-21, whichcould be explained if West Eurasians (but not East Asians) have partial ancestry from asource diluting their Neanderthal inheritance22. Supporting this theory, we observe anegative correlation between Basal Eurasian ancestry and the rate of shared alleles withNeanderthals19 (Supplementary Information, section 5; Fig. 2). By extrapolation, we inferthat the Basal Eurasian population had lower Neanderthal ancestry than non-Basal Eurasianpopulations and possibly none (ninety-five percent confidence interval truncated at zero of0-60%; Fig. 2; Methods). The finding of little if any Neanderthal ancestry in Basal Eurasianscould be explained if the Neanderthal admixture into modern humans 50,000-60,000 yearsago11 largely occurred after the splitting of the Basal Eurasians from other non-Africans.It is striking that the highest estimates of Basal Eurasian ancestry are from the Near East,given the hypothesis that it was there that most admixture between Neanderthals and modernhumans occurred19,23. This could be explained if Basal Eurasians thoroughly admixed intothe Near East before the time of the samples we analyzed but after the Neanderthaladmixture. Alternatively, the ancestors of Basal Eurasians may have always lived in the NearEast, but the lineage of which they were a part did not participate in the Neanderthaladmixture"

    "A population without Neanderthal admixture, basal to other Eurasians, may have plausiblylived in Africa. Craniometric analyses have suggested an affinity between the Natufians andpopulations of north or sub-Saharan Africa24,25, a result that finds some support from Ychromosome analysis which shows that the Natufians and successor Levantine Neolithicpopulations carried haplogroup E, of likely ultimate African origin, which has not beendetected in other ancient males from West Eurasia (Supplementary Information, section6) 7,8. However, no affinity of Natufians to sub-Saharan Africans is evident in our genomewideanalysis, as present-day sub-Saharan Africans do not share more alleles with Natufiansthan with other ancient Eurasians (Extended Data Table 1). (We could not test for a link topresent-day North Africans, who owe most of their ancestry to back-migration fromEurasia26,27.) The idea of Natufians as a vector for the movement of Basal Eurasian ancestryinto the Near East is also not supported by our data, as the Basal Eurasian ancestry in theNatufians (44±8%) is consistent with stemming from the same population as that in theNeolithic and Mesolithic populations of Iran, and is not greater than in those populations(Supplementary Information, section 4). Further insight into the origins and legacy of theNatufians could come from comparison to Natufians from additional sites, and to ancientDNA from north Africa. "

    This is why I started to consider perhaps a movement from India into Mesopotamia and then a spread from there.
    I think there is discontinuity between pre-LGM and post-LGM SW Asia.
    During LGM populations from the Nile delta (E), the Indusdelta/India (H2, G + Basal Eurasian admixture) and Transcaucasia (J) mixed there.
    It would explain a lot, but not the observed ancestry between Iran neo and EHG at one hand and between Natufian and WHG on the other hand.

  17. #17
    Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    15,328
    Points
    280,616
    Level
    100
    Points: 280,616, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by bicicleur View Post
    I think there is discontinuity between pre-LGM and post-LGM SW Asia.
    During LGM populations from the Nile delta (E), the Indusdelta/India (H2, G + Basal Eurasian admixture) and Transcaucasia (J) mixed there.
    It would explain a lot, but not the observed ancestry between Iran neo and EHG at one hand and between Natufian and WHG on the other hand.
    Couldn't movement back and forth across the Caucasus, or perhaps further east explain the admixture in the Northern Near East?

    We now have two J1 in the far northeast who don't seem to have any Basal Eurasian, yes?

  18. #18
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class

    Join Date
    18-08-15
    Posts
    1,386
    Points
    6,450
    Level
    23
    Points: 6,450, Level: 23
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 100
    Overall activity: 1.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-L2
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c5a

    Ethnic group
    Swiss
    Country: Switzerland



    I dont understand how between Vindija, Mezmeskaya and Altai, the third have given none ancestry to modern humans, how East Asian can be more Neanderthal than West Eurasians. Are they put Homo Denisova in the same level as Neanderthal, or are Oase related people, really some ancestors of East Asians ? It's all very weird, apparently the neanderthal input in sapiens is near Vindija and Mezmeskaya, a little more from the latter, so are we talking about a ghost neanderthal population for heritage in sapiens ? Maybe some unidentified Siberian Neanderthals, dont know...

  19. #19
    Elite member Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    IronSide's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-10-16
    Age
    24
    Posts
    883
    Points
    8,064
    Level
    26
    Points: 8,064, Level: 26
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Overall activity: 71.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2c2
    MtDNA haplogroup
    T2e1

    Country: United Arab Emirates



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Couldn't movement back and forth across the Caucasus, or perhaps further east explain the admixture in the Northern Near East?

    We now have two J1 in the far northeast who don't seem to have any Basal Eurasian, yes?
    Haplogroups J and R appeared both in Neolithic Iran and Caucasus, and north in the Steppe and Baltic, and EHG is the shared ancestry between them, J1 didn't seem to have Basal, so is it blasphemous to say that haplogroup J is actually EHG that moved south ?

  20. #20
    Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    15,328
    Points
    280,616
    Level
    100
    Points: 280,616, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by IronSide View Post
    Haplogroups J and R appeared both in Neolithic Iran and Caucasus, and north in the Steppe and Baltic, and EHG is the shared ancestry between them, J1 didn't seem to have Basal, so is it blasphemous to say that haplogroup J is actually EHG that moved south ?
    I've been thinking about that too, whether IJ might have split north of the Caucasus somewhere. That, or those "I" lines went north before Basal Eurasian showed up, or the BE just got diluted to nothing through successive mating.

    I haven't checked dates of those clades or anything like that; just idle musing.

    Bicicleur might have a better handle on it.

  21. #21
    Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    bicicleur's Avatar
    Join Date
    27-01-13
    Location
    Zwevegem, Belgium
    Posts
    5,334
    Points
    45,963
    Level
    66
    Points: 45,963, Level: 66
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 987
    Overall activity: 45.0%


    Country: Belgium - Flanders



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    I've been thinking about that too, whether IJ might have split north of the Caucasus somewhere. That, or those "I" lines went north before Basal Eurasian showed up, or the BE just got diluted to nothing through successive mating.

    I haven't checked dates of those clades or anything like that; just idle musing.

    Bicicleur might have a better handle on it.
    my guess is that IJ split 42.9 ka in Transcaucasia
    and J stayed in Georgia, Dzudzuana and Ortvale Klde caves
    while I entered Europe via Mezmayskaya 39 ka

    Some I would have mixed 35 ka with the Kostenki population, which gave way to the Vestonice cluster,
    others would not have mixed :
    - the El Miron cluster mixed later in western Europe with Goyet 35 ka like
    - the Villabruna cluster stayed pretty unmixed till they meat some people from Anatolia some 15 ka

    There is also C1a2 in mesolithic Anatolia.
    They may be descendants of the Vestonice cluster moving south during LGM.

  22. #22
    Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    bicicleur's Avatar
    Join Date
    27-01-13
    Location
    Zwevegem, Belgium
    Posts
    5,334
    Points
    45,963
    Level
    66
    Points: 45,963, Level: 66
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 987
    Overall activity: 45.0%


    Country: Belgium - Flanders



    Quote Originally Posted by IronSide View Post
    Haplogroups J and R appeared both in Neolithic Iran and Caucasus, and north in the Steppe and Baltic, and EHG is the shared ancestry between them, J1 didn't seem to have Basal, so is it blasphemous to say that haplogroup J is actually EHG that moved south ?
    I guess those J in Karelia split from the main branch of J in Transcaucasia pretty early, some 15 ka.
    J in Transcaucasia must have received Basal Eurasian a little later.
    I guess they received it from incoming G from the Zagros Mountains.
    GxG2a2 was observed in neolithic Zagros, we don't have mesolithic Zagros.
    G might have survived LGM in the dry bed of the Persian Gulf.
    G2a2 moved northwest into obsidian-rich Cappadocia as early as 17 ka, when it split further into G2a2a and G2a2b.
    As early as 16 ka obsidian from Cappadocia arrived in the Upper Eurphrate and the Levant, just south of Lebanon.
    But I think already before, the Natufians had received Basal Eurasian from incoming H2.
    Natufian E1b1b1 originaly didn't have Basal Eurasian, they were African, Mota 4.5 ka like.

  23. #23
    Elite member Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    IronSide's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-10-16
    Age
    24
    Posts
    883
    Points
    8,064
    Level
    26
    Points: 8,064, Level: 26
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Overall activity: 71.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2c2
    MtDNA haplogroup
    T2e1

    Country: United Arab Emirates



    @bicicleur

    but autosomally Natufians didn't have African. or did they ?

  24. #24
    Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    bicicleur's Avatar
    Join Date
    27-01-13
    Location
    Zwevegem, Belgium
    Posts
    5,334
    Points
    45,963
    Level
    66
    Points: 45,963, Level: 66
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 987
    Overall activity: 45.0%


    Country: Belgium - Flanders



    Quote Originally Posted by IronSide View Post
    @bicicleur
    but autosomally Natufians didn't have African. or did they ?
    I don't know
    and then there is North African and SSA

    didn't the 7 ka northern Morroccan DNA share DNA with Natufians? they were half Natufian and half western Africa?

  25. #25
    Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    15,328
    Points
    280,616
    Level
    100
    Points: 280,616, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by bicicleur View Post
    I don't know
    and then there is North African and SSA

    didn't the 7 ka northern Morroccan DNA share DNA with Natufians? they were half Natufian and half western Africa?
    I think we posted the provisional answer upthread from Lazaridis in "The Genetic Structure of the World's First Farmers":

    "However, no190 affinity of Natufians to sub-Saharan Africans is evident in our genome-wide analysis, as191 present-day sub-Saharan Africans do not share more alleles with Natufians than with other192 ancient Eurasians (Extended Data Table 1). (We could not test for a link to present-day NorthAfricans, who owe most of their ancestry to back-migration from Eurasia27,28 193 .)"

    https://www.biorxiv.org/content/bior...59311.full.pdf

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •