VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Ethnic group
    Italian

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

mtDna X2b4 is European not Native American

This is a nice article about how that conclusion is reached.

https://dna-explained.com/2016/09/14...tive-american/

"We do know that haplogroup X2a is indeed Native, as is X2g and possibly X2e. So some of haplogroup X2 went east, incurring mutations that would become Native American haplogroup X2a, X2g and possibly X2e while others went west, winding up in Europe and incurring mutations that would become haplogroup X2b and subclades."

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Satyavrata Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%

Ethnic group
    Italo-celto-germanic

I don't understand the point of this demonstration. All X2b subclades are found in Europe, Central Asia or occasionally in Morocco or the Levant as I explained in my page on haplogroup X. I have never heard of X2b among Native Americans. That is exclusively X2a and X2g. Maybe the confusion comes from some North Americans with mixed European and Native American ancestry who weren't able to determine if their mtDNA was European or American as X2 is found in both populations.
    My book selection---Follow me on Facebook and Twitter --- My profile on Academia.edu and on ResearchGate ----Check Wa-pedia's Japan Guide
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.

Regular Member Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 547
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-U152-Z56-BY3957
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c7a

Ethnic group
    15/32 British, 5/32 German, 9/64 Irish, 1/8 Scots Gaelic, 5/64 French, 1/32 Welsh

Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo View Post
    I don't understand the point of this demonstration. All X2b subclades are found in Europe, Central Asia or occasionally in Morocco or the Levant as I explained in my page on haplogroup X. I have never heard of X2b among Native Americans. That is exclusively X2a and X2g. Maybe the confusion comes from some North Americans with mixed European and Native American ancestry who weren't able to determine if their mtDNA was European or American as X2 is found in both populations.
    Playing devil's advocate here but it doesn't look like mtdna X in general left any direct Maternal descendants in Eastern Siberia where the Paleo-Indians were said to cross to get to Alaska. If Mtdna X2 crossed to North America via the Bering land bridge, why is there no visible mtdna X in Eastern Siberians?

Regular Member Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 246
    Overall activity: 0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1b2a1a2f*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U3a1

Ethnic group
    catalan

X2a'j is found in Podkamennaya Tunguska and some Evenks are X2b.