Help needed to translate haplogroup pages

Maciamo

Veteran member
Admin
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italo-celto-germanic
I am on my way to translating all the Y-DNA and mtDNA haplogroup pages into French. I am looking for people to translate some pages into other languages, ideally into your mother tongue or a language that you speak at native level. It can be any language and any page. You don't have to translate all the pages. Just one is fine if you don't have time for more. I use Google or Bing Translate to prepare a raw draft, then correct the sentences, as the translators are terrible for French grammar. Automated translations should be smoother between Romance languages. I could try to translate pages into Italian, but would need a native speaker to review the translation.

I would try my strength in translation to Polish some of them, but suffer chronic time shortage these days. I'll keep it in mind when slower times come.

I would try my strength in translation to Polish some of them, but suffer chronic time shortage these days. I'll keep it in mind when slower times come.

That would be great. It looks like there is a great number of Poles interested in historical genetics, and not too many of them speak English fluently, so Polish translations would definitely be useful.

Kind volunteers have already translated mt-haplogroups J, U3, U5 and X and Y-haplogroup E1b1b in Greek (PaschalisB), and mt-haplogroup U2 in Serbian.

I have translated mt-haplogroup H in Italian. Could some native Italian speakers review my translation, as my Italian is rather rusty and this is in fact my first Italian translation. I hope it doesn't sound too odd.

Last edited:
I find this web site very informative! and I’m reading it’s content for a while now, so I could give my contribution and translate a couple of pages to Portuguese. (I also noted I received a reputation hit, maybe I was a bit offensive - I guess it's the enthusiasm :unsure:) Kind regards

Hello, are you still looking for article translations? I'd like to try my hand at translating one article in Ukrainian, to see how it goes. If it'd go well, I'd continue with other articles, as time would allow.

I grew up bilingual German being the other one. Would love to help and translate some pages for you.

Just to try my hand at it, I translated an article on U2 mtDNA haplogroup. How could I submit it, and what format is preferred?

Just to try my hand at it, I translated an article on U2 mtDNA haplogroup. How could I submit it, and what format is preferred?
PM Maciamo about this.

I already have translated the mtDNA-J page to German and actually try to do it for mtDNA-H. Would be great if anyone could proof-read them ;)
However: How to publish them?

I already have translated the mtDNA-J page to German and actually try to do it for mtDNA-H. Would be great if anyone could proof-read them ;)
However: How to publish them?

You can send me the translations (by PM or through Facebook) and I will reformat the text to html and upload them on the website.

This thread has been viewed 13371 times.

Back