Eurogenes Post your Eurogenes Steppe K10

What are you not clear of? St-Petersburg is a large city of around 5mln populated by peoples of all kind of ethnicities from all over former Russian empire and USSR. They don't represent people of north-western Russia. People of regional areas surrounding St-Petersburg represent north-western Russians.
Yeah, I do agree with you. Everywhere in the world cities/centers are always more mixed than in hinterland/periphery.

Maybe I made a mistake. St-Petersburg is a northern city, close to Finland and other Finno-Ugric people. There is lots of Y-DNA hg. N1c1 in that are.

Hg. N1c1 has to be part of WHG-UHG. I made a mistake because I didn't think about that.

Yes, you made a mistake because population of St-Petersburg is not typical of that found in north-western Russia around Finland.

Goga said:
What I said is that Kurds are DIRECT descendants of the Medes. The Medes lived in the Iron Age in Media/Persian/Iran. Kurds and Kurdish language are NATIVE to their homeland.

Yes, genetic data confirms that there is continuity from the Iron Age (since year 1000 BCE).

We have a Copper Age Iranian, and an Iron Age Iranian. But we still lack a Bronze Age one.

Volat said:
St-Petersburg is ethnically so diverse, with people settled it from all over Russia, Ukraine and other republics.

Yeah, big cities are melting pots with people from various regions. We need rural samples.

Why not available on GEDmatch?

LeBrok,

Your wife also scores quite a lot of Hindu Kush - is she from Cracow?

You are 1/4 from Cracow and 3/4 from South-Eastern Mazovia, right?

I don’t know about iPad, because I don’t use it. I wonder if it could easily run an “exe” anyway. I’m afraid not. I hope someone else can help you in this regard.

Btw, there is a R version for Mac, but "readme" states that this process specifically demand a Windows or Linux machine. Particularly, I used Windows.

It’s not complicated. You guys can do it very quickly. Let’s try a last time.

So forget the “readme”. Just follow the steps below.

Let’s presume that LeBrok tested in 23andMe, and that Fluffy tested in FTDNA. LeBrok will download his 23andMe raw data and name the file as LeBrok.txt , while Fluffy will download his FTDNA raw data (Build 37 Raw Data Concatenated) and name the file as Fluffy.csv . Both using Windows.

Download SteppeK10.zip (save icon - an arrow in top right): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-X...lRSkcwV0k/view

Extract the files into a folder called SteppeK10, in C:/ . Now you have the folder C:/SteppeK10 , right? Inside it, the files DIYDodecadWin.exe , standardize.r , Steppe.10.F , Steppe.alleles , steppe.par , Steppe.txt .

LeBrok and Fluffy will put the files LeBrok.txt and Fluffy.csv into the folder C:/SteppeK10, respectively.

Download R software: http://cran.utstat.utoronto.ca/bin/windows/base/R-3.3.1-win.exe
Install* this program in English and using default options (if you don’t know how to do it, just ask). After that, run it (click in the icon “R x.. 3.3.1” in Desktop).
*I installed just the 64 bits version.

Once R is running, click in “File” (top left), then click in “Change dir”. Select the folder C:/SteppeK10 and click in “ok”.

Do you see the R console? After the “>” character, type the command below and press Enter:
source('standardize.r')

Now:
a. LeBrok, who tested hypothetically with 23andMe, will type the command below, press Enter and wait til he can type anything again:
standardize('LeBrok.txt', company='23andMe')

b. Fluffy will do that with this command:
standardize('Fluffy.csv', company='ftdna')

Finally, you both will type the command below and wait results show up:
system('DIYDodecadWin steppe.par')

Bold= Stuck on tis part

Okay, looks like I got into a check point and Downloaded the R console. But next to ">" when I typed ('Simon_Van_Giesen
.txt', company='23andMe') , I got an error. Is there something I'm missing?

Bold= Stuck on tis part

Okay, looks like I got into a check point and Downloaded the R console. But next to ">" when I typed ('Simon_Van_Giesen
.txt', company='23andMe') , I got an error. Is there something I'm missing?
What is the error message?

What is the error message?

Here you go:)

> ('Simon_Van_Giesen.txt', company='23andMe')
Error: unexpected ',' in "('Simon_Van_Giesen.txt',"
>

Here you go:)

> ('Simon_Van_Giesen.txt', company='23andMe')
Error: unexpected ',' in "('Simon_Van_Giesen.txt',"
>
Oh! And it seems that you forgot the command "standardize".
It would be as follow:
standardize ('Simon_Van_Giesen.txt', company='23andMe')

It would be as follow:

I guess it goes to show how good a computer technician I am :D. I suppose I can look at the directions tomorrow when my mind is fresh. Thanks for the tip Regio :)

I guess it goes to show how good a computer technician I am :D. I suppose I can look at the directions tomorrow when my mind is fresh. Thanks for the tip Regio :)

Yeah, I tend to question how good of a programmer I am at times when I try to code or think at 8 pm when the adderall and caffeine is worn out and I'm in stupid mode. lol
Adderall+complex carbs(I eat oatmeal and raisins for lunch every day)+aerobic exercise+caffeine+not being sleep deprived+b-12=smartiness,at least in my case....

Hindu_Kush has to be native Iranid/Aryan (Iranian Plateau neolithic) component. It is high among the Iranian people. Near_Eastern has to be partly Anatolian farmer, partly CHG, partly Levant.

BMAC Aryans who invaded Northern India were full of Hindu_Kush component.

Steppe + WHG-UHG ancestry in me has to be brought by people who brought Y-DNA hg. I2a and E-V13 to Kurdistan from the Steppes/Europe not so long time ago at the time of or after the Medes

I think all other is nothing but noise..

Iranic people didn't live in the Middle East during the neolithic. They came around 1500-1000 BC.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iranian_peoples

Does this not work with v4 23 results? I keep following it to a T and get an error when entering my file name in the command prompt.

It would be as follow:

I am stuck on part b. my file is v4( which is not indicated in your instructions as workable)

This is my error as follows:

standardize('Hamit.txt', company='23andMe')

Error in file(file, "rt") : cannot open the connection
In addition: Warning message:
In file(file, "rt") :
cannot open file 'hamit.txt': No such file or directory

Can anyone assist me with the final part?

I type in - system('DIYDodecadWin steppe.par') and I get an error message saying "/bin/sh: DIYDodecadWin: command not found"

The file DIYDodecadWin.exe is certainly in the folder though.

I'm using a Mac, not sure if that makes a difference. I was able to get through everything else so far.

Can anyone assist me with the final part?

I type in - system('DIYDodecadWin steppe.par') and I get an error message saying "/bin/sh: DIYDodecadWin: command not found"

The file DIYDodecadWin.exe is certainly in the folder though.

I'm using a Mac, not sure if that makes a difference. I was able to get through everything else so far.

If I am not mistaken, dodecad comes for win and linux both. The "win" means the file is for windows. And you will probably need to emulate windows or linux on your mac in order for it to work

My data
Ukrainian, Kyiv

FINAL ADMIXTURE PROPORTIONS:
----------------------------

WHG-UHG35.80%
Steppe30.53%
Near_Eastern26.03%
Hindu_Kush5.33%
Siberian2.13%
Southeast_Asian0.11%
Oceanian0.03%
East_Asian0.02%
Amerindian0.01%
Sub-Saharan 0.00%

I am stuck on part b. my file is v4( which is not indicated in your instructions as workable)

This is my error as follows:

Error in file(file, "rt") : cannot open the connection
In addition: Warning message:
In file(file, "rt") :
cannot open file 'hamit.txt': No such file or directory
Yes, it works with v4.
This message of error showed up because the Hamit.txt was not found. You have to put it into the folder 'SteppeK10' (in the example), i.e., together the files you downloaded. See below.

Download SteppeK10.zip (save icon - an arrow in top right): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-X...lRSkcwV0k/view

Extract the files into a folder called SteppeK10, in C:/ . Now you have the folder C:/SteppeK10 , right? Put the file Hamit.txt into the folder C:/SteppeK10. Inside it, there are now the files DIYDodecadWin.exe , standardize.r , Steppe.10.F , Steppe.alleles , steppe.par , Steppe.txt and Hamit.txt.

Download R software: http://cran.utstat.utoronto.ca/bin/windows/base/R-3.3.1-win.exe
Install

Once R is running, click in “File” (top left), then click in “Change dir”. Select the folder C:/SteppeK10 and click in “ok”.

Do you see the R console? After the “>” character, type the command below and press Enter:
source('standardize.r')

Type the command below, press Enter and wait till you can type anything again:

Finally, you will type the command below and wait results show up:
system('DIYDodecadWin steppe.par')

If I am not mistaken, dodecad comes for win and linux both. The "win" means the file is for windows. And you will probably need to emulate windows or linux on your mac in order for it to work

Thank you Aha! I will try that out

This thread has been viewed 49521 times.

Back