Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Ethnic group
    Italian

Population and Quantitative Genetics Basics

Graham Coop is teaching a population and quantitative genetics class at UC Davis, and has posted a pdf of the notes as well as the first lecture.

See:
    https://twitter.com/SteveStuWill/sta...71446021165056

Lecture 1
    https://gcbias.files.wordpress.com/2...ure_1_post.pdf

I hope he continues to post the lecture slides online; I think a lot of people would find it helpful.

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Satyavrata Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%

Ethnic group
    Italo-celto-germanic

Another good introduction to biology and genetics is the MIT's online course on EdX Introduction to Biology - The Secret of Life presented by Eric Lander, the president of the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard, who was one of the lead scientist working on the Human Genome Project. It's one of the most popular online courses on EdX. If everyone on the forum took this course I am sure the level of discussion would increase considerably. It's already the third year they re-run it.

My book selection---Follow me on Facebook and Twitter --- My profile on Academia.edu and on ResearchGate ----Check Wa-pedia's Japan Guide
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.