Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: HarappaWorld Gedmatch, post and compare your admixtures to ancient and contemporary.

Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    I think you flipped them on both axes, can you flip them only on component 2 axis. If imposible, leave them the way they were. They are so different they should not plot that close. Could you check the numbers again please.
    I've inverted the two principal components, PC2 on X axis, PC1 on Y axis.

The numbers seem correct (I had already checked them). But tomorrow morning I check them again.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    I've inverted the two principal components, PC2 on X axis, PC1 on Y axis.

The numbers seem correct (I had already checked them). But tomorrow morning I check them again.
    This is the common direction used on PCA, try to flip it these directions. Europe to the left, near east to the right, Neolithic South.

Be wary of people who tend to glorify the past, underestimate the present, and demonize the future.

Ethnic group
    Italian,Irish,Jewish

So I guess people enjoy messing with nMonte bc they either don't understand it or want to show off how "group x" they are? If it doesn't go by actual genes I fail to see how useful it is.

Population
    S-Indian -
    Baloch 7.24
    Caucasian 21.22
    NE-Euro 38.63
    SE-Asian 0.36
    Siberian -
    NE-Asian 0.70
    Papuan 0.23
    American -
    Beringian 0.70
    Mediterranean 25.16
    SW-Asian 5.69
    San -
    E-African -
    Pygmy -
    W-African -

Population
    S-Indian -
    Baloch 7.24
    Caucasian 21.22
    NE-Euro 38.63
    SE-Asian 0.36
    Siberian -
    NE-Asian 0.70
    Papuan 0.23
    American -
    Beringian 0.70
    Mediterranean 25.16
    SW-Asian 5.69
    San -
    E-African -
    Pygmy -
    W-African -

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

Quote Originally Posted by ABC123 View Post
    Population
    S-Indian -
    Baloch 7.24
    Caucasian 21.22
    NE-Euro 38.63
    SE-Asian 0.36
    Siberian -
    NE-Asian 0.70
    Papuan 0.23
    American -
    Beringian 0.70
    Mediterranean 25.16
    SW-Asian 5.69
    San -
    E-African -
    Pygmy -
    W-African -
    You fit anywhere in central Balkans: Bosnia, Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria or even Macedonia. Perhaps you are mixed, because I can't pinpoint your exact ethnicity. Your caucasian is more like Bosna-Serbia. Your NE Euro and SW Asian sits between Serbia and Bulgaria. Your Mediterranean admixture is good for all central Balkans.
    Definitely, not from Madagascar. ;)

You fit anywhere in central Balkans: Bosnia, Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria or even Macedonia. Perhaps you are mixed, because I can't pinpoint your exact ethnicity. Your caucasian is more like Bosna-Serbia. Your NE Euro and SW Asian sits between Serbia and Bulgaria. Your Mediterranean admixture is good for all central Balkans.
    Definitely, not from Madagascar. ;)
    I am northwest romanian.

About the other results what can you say?

Thanks!

Ethnic group
    Italian

2 members found this post helpful.
    Rob/Gravetto performed this interesting global10/basal rich7 pca with all the main ancient samples

Italy North = Italian_Bergamo:HGDP

Tuscan = Italian_Tuscan:NA

Greek = Greek:GREEKGRALPOP = Greek Thessaloniki (more north you can't go in Greece)

East Sicily = Italian_Sicilian_East:EastSicilian

Sth Italy = Italian_South:SouthItalian

Sardinian = Sardinian:HGDP

Ethnic group
    Italian

Too bad that the only South Italian sample everyone seems to be using is that strange one that has terrible FST with virtually everyone.

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Too bad that the only South Italian sample everyone seems to be using is that strange one that has terrible FST with virtually everyone.
    In fact. What is the origin of that sample?

Strange also that the Thessaloniki sample is used to represent all the Greeks; it is like a sample from Treviso was used for all Italians.

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Pax Augusta View Post
    In fact. What is the origin of that sample?

Strange also that the Thessaloniki sample is used to represent all the Greeks; it is like a sample from Treviso was used for all Italians.
    I e-mailed them to ask but they wouldn't tell me out of privacy concerns. If I remember correctly they said it was on the Ionian side. I should probably e-mail them again and tell them how strangely this sample behaves, and that they might be using a highly drifted and not very representative sample for South Italians.

I've been complaining about the samples used for some of these countries for years, not that anyone cares. In addition to the actually Thessalonian sample used for Greece (which is why it plots so close to Toscana), there's the half Catalan sample used for Iberia. If you listen to the Catalans, they're in no way Iberians, and that includes genetically! :)

Hold on. I see that there's no Iberian sample in this particular plot, only one labeled Catalan. If it's the oft used academic sample, it's actually half Catalan. Generally, it's pretty clear to me that Iberians list north not because of additional "Celtic", given that they have so little "steppe" ancestry, but because they absorbed a bit more WHG than people in the southeast.

These researchers seem to have blind spots that won't be dislodged by "amateurs" e-mailing them. Take, for example, the Hellenthal/Busby supposed analysis of "recent" dna absorption. I think a lot of it is wrong or at least questionable. For example, I'm not sure they can tell if there was an inflow of more southeastern, Greek like (farmer heavy) dna into more central Euro type people in Italy after the fall of Rome, or the opposite, i.e. "Celtic", "Lombard" admixture into a much more "Mediterranean" population, which they date too late because as is always the case with the program they use, it picks up only the date of the latest admixture.

Ethnic group
    Catalan

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    I e-mailed them to ask but they wouldn't tell me out of privacy concerns. If I remember correctly they said it was on the Ionian side. I should probably e-mail them again and tell them how strangely this sample behaves, and that they might be using a highly drifted and not very representative sample for South Italians.

I've been complaining about the samples used for some of these countries for years, not that anyone cares. In addition to the actually Thessalonian sample used for Greece (which is why it plots so close to Toscana), there's the half Catalan sample used for Iberia. If you listen to the Catalans, they're in no way Iberians, and that includes genetically! :)

Hold on. I see that there's no Iberian sample in this particular plot, only one labeled Catalan. If it's the oft used academic sample, it's actually half Catalan. Generally, it's pretty clear to me that Iberians list north not because of additional "Celtic", given that they have so little "steppe" ancestry, but because they absorbed a bit more WHG than people in the southeast.

These researchers seem to have blind spots that won't be dislodged by "amateurs" e-mailing them. Take, for example, the Hellenthal/Busby supposed analysis of "recent" dna absorption. I think a lot of it is wrong or at least questionable. For example, I'm not sure they can tell if there was an inflow of more southeastern, Greek like (farmer heavy) dna into more central Euro type people in Italy after the fall of Rome, or the opposite, i.e. "Celtic", "Lombard" admixture into a much more "Mediterranean" population, which they date too late because as is always the case with the program they use, it picks up only the date of the latest admixture.
    Iberian are genetically homogeneous, there's been millions of Northern Spaniards who migrated to Andalusia, because the Moors has been expelled, so there's virtually no genetic difference between Northern and Southern Spaniards.

Ethnic group
    Catalan

Quote Originally Posted by Pax Augusta View Post
    Rob/Gravetto performed this interesting global10/basal rich7 pca with all the main ancient samples

Italy North = Italian_Bergamo:HGDP

Tuscan = Italian_Tuscan:NA

Greek = Greek:GREEKGRALPOP = Greek Thessaloniki (more north you can't go in Greece)

East Sicily = Italian_Sicilian_East:EastSicilian

Sth Italy = Italian_South:SouthItalian

Sardinian = Sardinian:HGDP

So South Italians almost make it halfway between Cypriots and Thessalonian Greeks. Where's their Germanic influence? That should make them more Northward towards Swiss or Austrians.

Is someone updating the calculator? Last I checked, Zack, author of this calculator, has stopped working on it.

This is the common direction used on PCA, try to flip it these directions. Europe to the left, near east to the right, Neolithic South.
    I've tried but not possible with the soft I'm using. I'm learning a new statistical software package, I hope to succeed within a very short time.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-M123*/E-Y31991
    MtDNA haplogroup
    HV (T16311C!)

S-Indian 0.21
    Baloch 6.85
    Caucasian 22.33
    NE-Euro 36.58
    SE-Asian -
    Siberian 0.88
    NE-Asian -
    Papuan 0.82
    American 0.90
    Beringian -
    Mediterranean 24.78
    SW-Asian 6.65

Pretty normal for the region I believe, still not sure what Caucasus stands for though.

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    So I guess people enjoy messing with nMonte bc they either don't understand it or want to show off how "group x" they are? If it doesn't go by actual genes I fail to see how useful it is.
    Yes, more or less. Often results are groundless, it is who uses it to decide which models to use, nMonte alone doesn't determine which are the best samples.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

Quote Originally Posted by Valerius View Post
    S-Indian 0.21
    Baloch 6.85
    Caucasian 22.33
    NE-Euro 36.58
    SE-Asian -
    Siberian 0.88
    NE-Asian -
    Papuan 0.82
    American 0.90
    Beringian -
    Mediterranean 24.78
    SW-Asian 6.65

Pretty normal for the region I believe, still not sure what Caucasus stands for though.
    Yes, quite normal, though you plot closer to average Romanian than Bulgarian.

Caucasian element came from CHG, Anatolian and Iranian Farmers. It was also reintroduced in Europe by Anatolian BA.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    I've tried but not possible with the soft I'm using. I'm learning a new statistical software package, I hope to succeed within a very short time.
    Can't wait. :)

Y-DNA haplogroup
    Pat-U106-H11a10
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H5a1b

Ethnic group
    a true mutt

Here is my father's
    Attachment 9295

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

Quote Originally Posted by Wheal View Post
    Here is my father's
    Attachment 9295
    Typical NW European, no surprise here. You don't fit any country exactly, though the closest one country fit is (according to my quick eyeballing) North Germany, but with a bit more of EEF/Farmer, perhaps due to some French or South German influence. I don't have all the countries yet in my database, so maybe Belgium would be your father's best one country fit?

Y-DNA haplogroup
    Pat-U106-H11a10
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H5a1b

Ethnic group
    a true mutt

His G Grandfather was born in Baden, His Grandfather Ravensburg. Family is untraceable in Germany. I think it's possible that his name was Germanized from a French word meaning butcher IF the last name was not changed when them migrated. Several of the brothers were avoiding German draft in late 1800's and one was found in Southern Illinois and taken back to Germany. Stories about their migration are terribly wrong with their ages... who they came with .... (Age 6 and started a butcher business... I think not!)

Y-DNA haplogroup
    Pat-U106-H11a10
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H5a1b

Ethnic group
    a true mutt

Attachment 9296

This is mom. I know that her paternal line is German, French, Irish, Scot... mother's line is German, Swedish

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

His G Grandfather was born in Baden, His Grandfather Ravensburg. Family is untraceable in Germany. I think it's possible that his name was Germanized from a French word meaning butcher IF the last name was not changed when them migrated. Several of the brothers were avoiding German draft in late 1800's and one was found in Southern Illinois and taken back to Germany. Stories about their migration are terribly wrong with their ages... who they came with .... (Age 6 and started a butcher business... I think not!)
    Wow, that's incredible. Bismarck had really long arms!

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

Attachment 9296

This is mom. I know that her paternal line is German, French, Irish, Scot... mother's line is German, Swedish
    Can't open the attachment. Try to copy text of admixtures from Gedmatch and past like text directly to your post.

Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast