Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 74 of 74

Thread: Abortion ban in Poland?

  1. #51
    Banned Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    09-09-14
    Posts
    232
    Points
    3,293
    Level
    16
    Points: 3,293, Level: 16
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 157
    Overall activity: 2.0%


    Country: Finland





    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    You came up with a claim that they didn't. I said you better make sure. Did you? The proof always lies on claimant.
    Now you want me to do the job?

    And you managed to miss the point. Which was that oil production as well as forestry is part of production and services and part of GDP. Remember? Now you spamming this thread with finnish wood products in some patriotic rage.



  2. #52
    MarkoZ
    Guest


    2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
    In the year MMXVI, the future of European civilization rests in the hands of Polish race scientists and Finnish woodworkers.

  3. #53
    Banned Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    09-09-14
    Posts
    232
    Points
    3,293
    Level
    16
    Points: 3,293, Level: 16
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 157
    Overall activity: 2.0%


    Country: Finland



    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkoZ View Post
    In the year MMXVI, the future of European civilization rests in the hands of Polish race scientists and Finnish woodworkers.
    It seems so looking at how degenerated Germany, France and others have become.

  4. #54
    Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,329
    Points
    113,888
    Level
    100
    Points: 113,888, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    Quote Originally Posted by Ukko View Post
    It seems so looking at how degenerated Germany, France and others have become.
    Wow, finally we pulled out a true racist out of you. Why did you wait so long?


    They are wealthy because they pump oil and gas, later also invested that loose money.
    They have not actually created anything of value,
    So this was just about denigrating Arabs, wasn't it? You hate them, so they couldn't possibly bring anything good to the world.
    Be wary of people who tend to glorify the past, underestimate the present, and demonize the future.

  5. #55
    Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    15,307
    Points
    279,493
    Level
    100
    Points: 279,493, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    See:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/hea...ind-another-w/

    I hope they've got it wrong. I would think almost everyone would agree that a woman shouldn't be forced to bring a child with terrible fetal abnormalities to term.
    Don't be shy, Milan. Don't just express your opinion by negative reputation points. So, you think a woman who is bearing a terribly deformed child should be forced to bring it to term?

    https://medichere.com/wp-content/upl...ina-bifida.jpg

    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...9e30cb5730.jpg

    Those are some of the milder ones. Of course, the children are severely mentally disabled in most cases too.

    So, a woman who finds out through testing at four months, say, that this is what she's dealing with, should, in your opinion, have no choice as to termination? Do you plan to be around to help with all the care? How about dealing with her emotional and psychological state?


    Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

  6. #56
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Milan's Avatar
    Join Date
    21-11-15
    Posts
    358
    Points
    2,522
    Level
    14
    Points: 2,522, Level: 14
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 228
    Overall activity: 13.0%


    Country: Yugoslavia



    If this was addressed to me I'll give my answer,I'm against abortion ban and if I gave negative rating sorry probably bad click on my phone while reading comments.I agree with you,its up to parents to decide,perhaps is bad to abort a child but sometimes might be necessary cause worst consequences can happen. I wasn't in that kind of situation but I know women's that did abort child and don't blame them,they had their issues.So it's up to parents (in cases mother) to decide and not others..

  7. #57
    Banned Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    09-09-14
    Posts
    232
    Points
    3,293
    Level
    16
    Points: 3,293, Level: 16
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 157
    Overall activity: 2.0%


    Country: Finland



    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    Wow, finally we pulled out a true racist out of you. Why did you wait so long?



    So this was just about denigrating Arabs, wasn't it? You hate them, so they couldn't possibly bring anything good to the world.

    You are the racist and also a hypocrite, **** you.

    This idiot sent me an infraction message, this forum is full of racisms towards Europeans, it allows insults to Finns or Poles by some "world citizens".
    **** you LeBrok, you cant win a debate with facts, you are the one that uses straw men in all debates.

  8. #58
    Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,329
    Points
    113,888
    Level
    100
    Points: 113,888, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ukko View Post
    You are the racist and also a hypocrite, **** you.

    This idiot sent me an infraction message, this forum is full of racisms towards Europeans, it allows insults to Finns or Poles by some "world citizens".
    **** you LeBrok, you cant win a debate with facts, you are the one that uses straw men in all debates.
    Control yourself, and take some debate classes. I'm European and I'm Polish, so once again you are wrong.
    And are you a first grader, and have to repeat everything I said. Try being more original. You are racist. No, you are racist. No, no, you are the racist, etc, etc. Pretty much Donald Trump style of debating.

  9. #59
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    18-04-14
    Posts
    697
    Points
    2,968
    Level
    15
    Points: 2,968, Level: 15
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 82
    Overall activity: 6.0%


    Country: Poland



    Quote Originally Posted by Ukko View Post
    You are the racist and also a hypocrite, **** you.

    This idiot sent me an infraction message, this forum is full of racisms towards Europeans, it allows insults to Finns or Poles by some "world citizens".
    **** you LeBrok, you cant win a debate with facts, you are the one that uses straw men in all debates.

  10. #60
    Regular Member Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience Points

    Join Date
    23-12-17
    Posts
    25
    Points
    181
    Level
    2
    Points: 181, Level: 2
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 69
    Overall activity: 10.0%


    Country: Serbia



    its hard to tell when living being get some level of consciousness but abortion is probably a murder

  11. #61
    Viscount Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsThree FriendsVeteran
    Azzurro's Avatar
    Join Date
    31-08-16
    Posts
    380
    Points
    2,826
    Level
    15
    Points: 2,826, Level: 15
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 224
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    J-Y15222
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5a2b5

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: Canada



    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    I am completely against Abortion, I believe every child deserves a chance to live, thumps up from me Poland!

  12. #62
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    21-03-18
    Posts
    3
    Points
    37
    Level
    1
    Points: 37, Level: 1
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Overall activity: 3.0%


    Country: Norway



    I must add that abortion in Poland isn't forbidden. You can do it because of your or your baby's health problems, rape and so on (when it can be necessary). You are not allowed to do it, just because you believe that it will destroy your social or economical status (however, you can always travel abroad). I think it is a very good solution. Your freedom ends when the freedom of another person begins. And your unborn baby is or at least can be a person. Such organizations like the one that wanted more restrictions (and the other one that wanted deregulation), have the right to demonstrate their views and submit law projects. We can't forbid it. But the last decision is made by the parliament elected by the citizens. They have chosen not to change the abortion law and I approve it.
    But can you tell me how it works in the countries where a woman can do it just because of lack of money? I wonder if the father can decide to abort the baby, too, even if the woman wants to give a birth? The father can have no money, too! Maybe the father can inform the mother: "If you give a birth to the baby, I don't wish to be considered his father, included financial responsibility". It would be something like "light father abortion". I think it is a logical consequence of women's liberal abortion law. There should be equality between sexes...
    Last edited by Amber87; 22-03-18 at 03:19.

  13. #63
    Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    15,307
    Points
    279,493
    Level
    100
    Points: 279,493, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by Amber87 View Post
    I must add that abortion in Poland isn't forbidden. You can do it because of your or your baby's health problems, rape and so on (when it can be necessary). You are not allowed to do it, just because you believe that it will destroy your social or economical status (however, you can always travel abroad). I think it is a very good solution. Your freedom ends when the freedom of another person begins. And your unborn baby is or at least can be a person. Such organizations like the one that wanted more restrictions (and the other one that wanted deregulation), have the right to demonstrate their views and submit law projects. We can't forbid it. But the last decision is made by the parliament elected by the citizens. They have chosen not to change the abortion law and I approve it.
    But can you tell me how it works in the countries where a woman can do it just because of lack of money? I wonder if the father can decide to abort the baby, too, even if the woman wants to give a birth? The father can have no money, too! Maybe the father can inform the mother: "If you give a birth to the baby, I don't wish to be considered his fathe, included financial responsibility". It would be something like "litght father abortion". I think it is a logical consequence of women's liberal abortion law. There should be equality between sexes...
    In the U.S. different states have different rules, but basically in a lot of areas you can have an abortion without anyone's consent, including the father of the child. There are women who use it like birth control, getting one after another. There are couples who abort the fetus because it's the wrong sex.

    I find that really disturbing. However, who would condemn a child to be born to people like that?

    What is happening here at least is that poor people, especially poor, minority girls, don't get abortions and instead go on welfare or government payments, and middle class girls or even couples do get abortions. It's not the way people think it works.

    On the other hand, for the first time couples can decide to abort if they discover there is a serious birth defect or genetic disorder of some kind.

  14. #64
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    21-03-18
    Posts
    3
    Points
    37
    Level
    1
    Points: 37, Level: 1
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Overall activity: 3.0%


    Country: Norway



    I must write some sentences about Poland vs. immigrants, because it was mentioned by some users in this thread. Polish people are more hospitable to immigrants than German and British people were towards Polish immigrants when Poland wasn't in EU. I feel that they considered us uninteresting aliens, whereas we consider foreigners rather interesting and exotic. The people here feel free to express all they mean. That's why there are groups of Polish people (often uneducated or having such friends) who can be racists, but it is unusual, unacceptable by the others, and all such events are described in the press. Racism can be experienced more often in Western Europe in usual, educated people. Poland don't want to accept quotas of refugees from Arab countries now, because we live in XXI century and we can't say to those people that they have to move from warm Italy to post-communistic "racist" Poland, just because Poland has to obtain its quota. Where are the Human Rights? And rich Arab refugees from boats on Mediterranean Sea don't risk their lives to end up in Poland, are they? They want to meet other Arab people who already live in Germany and Great Britain, they don't have relatives in Poland. Moreover, we would rather accept refugees from far countries, if it would be possible to integrate them with us. Simple Arab people won't never learn our language. We don't want to have ghettos here. It will be much easier with Russian speaking countries, like Czechenia in the 90s'. Now, we have got nearly 2 millions Ukrainian immigrants after Crimea. They are not refugees, but their country is in war, what has got the influence to their economy. Poland decided to let them work here on easy-to-get temporary visas. THEY INTEGRATE, LEARN THE LANGUAGE, WORK, PAY TAXES AND SAVE MONEY TO BE ABLE TO MOVE TO THE UKRAINE AGAIN WITH NEW IDEAS AND PERSPECTIVES. Of course, Arab refugees are welcome to seek refugee status in Poland, too, but they have to want it. They can't be just sent to us by force.
    Last edited by Amber87; 22-03-18 at 11:48. Reason: small

  15. #65
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    30-05-17
    Posts
    76
    Points
    2,672
    Level
    14
    Points: 2,672, Level: 14
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 78
    Overall activity: 4.0%


    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by Azzurro View Post
    I am completely against Abortion, I believe every child deserves a chance to live, thumps up from me Poland!
    Only fanatics and Muslims disagree with science that human life begins at conception. You have to delve into "make your own religion" to get into when ensoulment happens and such splitting of hair. Human life does not begin at birth. There is no metamorphosis of a clump of cells that metamorphosize into a baby at birth.

    Why was there a ban on human embryo research? Because human embryos are well... human.

  16. #66
    Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    15,307
    Points
    279,493
    Level
    100
    Points: 279,493, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    I can't believe that three people on this forum think it's fine to force a woman to bear a child with spina bifida or even worse fetal abnormalities to term.

    You're also, by taking this stance, effectively forcing another human being to be born into a world of pain.

    I would be willing to bet none of you is a woman who has ever reared a child.

  17. #67
    Princess Achievements:
    Overdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteranThree Friends
    davef's Avatar
    Join Date
    19-06-16
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,216
    Points
    11,163
    Level
    31
    Points: 11,163, Level: 31
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 87
    Overall activity: 0%


    Ethnic group
    Italian,Irish,Jewish
    Country: USA - New York



    Yes and also what if the child is born with intellectual deficiencies so severe he can't experience life because his brain can't process anything and is almost brain dead? Taking a life deprives someone of being able to experience things but what's to be experienced if there's no capacity to become aware? The child would be an additional strain on the parents in many ways.

    And rape victims forced to birth a child run the risk of going through an unwanted pregnancy which from this man's point of view seems very taxing, and there are businesses that don't allow paid maternity leave, so she gets sacked and faces unemployment.

    An abortion ban could easily give rise to these two (of many) possible scenarios.
    mmmmmmmmm dooouuughhhnuuuutz

  18. #68
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Community Award
    Salento's Avatar
    Join Date
    30-05-17
    Posts
    2,678
    Points
    28,349
    Level
    51
    Points: 28,349, Level: 51
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 301
    Overall activity: 76.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

    Abortion ban in Poland?

    IMO I wouldn’t like been aborted.
    Does anybody disagree?
    But you oh Messapo, Tamer of Horses ... that no one, with neither iron nor fire can break down! “Virgil”

  19. #69
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience PointsThree Friends
    Johane Derite's Avatar
    Join Date
    21-06-17
    Posts
    963
    Points
    13,951
    Level
    35
    Points: 13,951, Level: 35
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Overall activity: 40.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13>Z5018>FGC33625
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U1a1a

    Country: Albania



    Quote Originally Posted by Salento View Post
    IMO I wouldn’t like been aborted.
    Does anybody disagree?
    Many people aren't able to disagree because they are born with such drastic congenital diseases that the only thing they are capable of is the perception
    of their suffering.

    Or what about if your mother was the victim of a crime, and your conception was not consensual, would it be as clear cut then?
    "As we have already stressed, the mass evacuation of the Albanians from their triangle is the only effective course we can take. In order to relocate a whole people, the first prerequisite is the creation of a suitable psychosis. This can be done in various ways." - Vaso Cubrilovic

  20. #70
    Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    15,307
    Points
    279,493
    Level
    100
    Points: 279,493, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    That isn't the question. The question is if you were born with an enlarged, fluid filled skull and an open spine, and had difficulty walking, and controlling your bladder and bowels, and so forth, would you wish you had never been born.

    I can answer answer that one easily in the affirmative.

    Ever been around a child with Tay Sachs? The people who rented a house next door had a child who had it.

    The baby died young, mercifully, but while he was alive he lost the ability to see, to hear, to move, to chew, had constant seizures and suffered all in all the most horrific life you can imagine.

    What his mother, in particular, endured is almost beyond description. I used to wonder how she kept her sanity. Just seeing it for a few hours at a time when I would go to help her was almost more than I could bear. It's things like this that made me lose my faith in a loving God.

    I don't know how anyone with a heart could condemn either the baby or the parents to this hell on earth.

  21. #71
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Community Award
    Salento's Avatar
    Join Date
    30-05-17
    Posts
    2,678
    Points
    28,349
    Level
    51
    Points: 28,349, Level: 51
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 301
    Overall activity: 76.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by Johane Derite View Post
    Many people aren't able to disagree because they are born with such drastic congenital diseases that the only thing they are capable of is the perception
    of their suffering.

    Or what about if your mother was the victim of a crime, and your conception was not consensual, would it be as clear cut then?
    I wouldn’t like been aborted.

  22. #72
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Community Award
    Salento's Avatar
    Join Date
    30-05-17
    Posts
    2,678
    Points
    28,349
    Level
    51
    Points: 28,349, Level: 51
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 301
    Overall activity: 76.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    Leonardo Da Vinci was a love child.

  23. #73
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Community Award
    Salento's Avatar
    Join Date
    30-05-17
    Posts
    2,678
    Points
    28,349
    Level
    51
    Points: 28,349, Level: 51
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 301
    Overall activity: 76.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    I do agree with the 3 exceptions: Rape, Incest, and the life of the Mother.

  24. #74
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Community Award
    Salento's Avatar
    Join Date
    30-05-17
    Posts
    2,678
    Points
    28,349
    Level
    51
    Points: 28,349, Level: 51
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 301
    Overall activity: 76.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    Abortion ban in Poland?

    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    That isn't the question. The question is if you were born with an enlarged, fluid filled skull and an open spine, and had difficulty walking, and controlling your bladder and bowels, and so forth, would you wish you had never been born.

    I can answer answer that one easily in the affirmative.

    Ever been around a child with Tay Sachs? The people who rented a house next door had a child who had it.

    The baby died young, mercifully, but while he was alive he lost the ability to see, to hear, to move, to chew, had constant seizures and suffered all in all the most horrific life you can imagine.

    What his mother, in particular, endured is almost beyond description. I used to wonder how she kept her sanity. Just seeing it for a few hours at a time when I would go to help her was almost more than I could bear. It's things like this that made me lose my faith in a loving God.

    I don't know how anyone with a heart could condemn either the baby or the parents to this hell on earth.
    In this case, I agree with you.
    It’s the abuse of abortions, that give me pause, is causing an epic “Genocide”.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •