Society Abortion ban in Poland?

I am completely against Abortion, I believe every child deserves a chance to live, thumps up from me Poland!

I must add that abortion in Poland isn't forbidden. You can do it because of your or your baby's health problems, rape and so on (when it can be necessary). You are not allowed to do it, just because you believe that it will destroy your social or economical status (however, you can always travel abroad). I think it is a very good solution. Your freedom ends when the freedom of another person begins. And your unborn baby is or at least can be a person. Such organizations like the one that wanted more restrictions (and the other one that wanted deregulation), have the right to demonstrate their views and submit law projects. We can't forbid it. But the last decision is made by the parliament elected by the citizens. They have chosen not to change the abortion law and I approve it.
But can you tell me how it works in the countries where a woman can do it just because of lack of money? I wonder if the father can decide to abort the baby, too, even if the woman wants to give a birth? The father can have no money, too! Maybe the father can inform the mother: "If you give a birth to the baby, I don't wish to be considered his father, included financial responsibility". It would be something like "light father abortion". I think it is a logical consequence of women's liberal abortion law. There should be equality between sexes...

Last edited:
I must add that abortion in Poland isn't forbidden. You can do it because of your or your baby's health problems, rape and so on (when it can be necessary). You are not allowed to do it, just because you believe that it will destroy your social or economical status (however, you can always travel abroad). I think it is a very good solution. Your freedom ends when the freedom of another person begins. And your unborn baby is or at least can be a person. Such organizations like the one that wanted more restrictions (and the other one that wanted deregulation), have the right to demonstrate their views and submit law projects. We can't forbid it. But the last decision is made by the parliament elected by the citizens. They have chosen not to change the abortion law and I approve it.
But can you tell me how it works in the countries where a woman can do it just because of lack of money? I wonder if the father can decide to abort the baby, too, even if the woman wants to give a birth? The father can have no money, too! Maybe the father can inform the mother: "If you give a birth to the baby, I don't wish to be considered his fathe, included financial responsibility". It would be something like "litght father abortion". I think it is a logical consequence of women's liberal abortion law. There should be equality between sexes...

In the U.S. different states have different rules, but basically in a lot of areas you can have an abortion without anyone's consent, including the father of the child. There are women who use it like birth control, getting one after another. There are couples who abort the fetus because it's the wrong sex.

I find that really disturbing. However, who would condemn a child to be born to people like that?

What is happening here at least is that poor people, especially poor, minority girls, don't get abortions and instead go on welfare or government payments, and middle class girls or even couples do get abortions. It's not the way people think it works.

On the other hand, for the first time couples can decide to abort if they discover there is a serious birth defect or genetic disorder of some kind.

I must write some sentences about Poland vs. immigrants, because it was mentioned by some users in this thread. Polish people are more hospitable to immigrants than German and British people were towards Polish immigrants when Poland wasn't in EU. I feel that they considered us uninteresting aliens, whereas we consider foreigners rather interesting and exotic. The people here feel free to express all they mean. That's why there are groups of Polish people (often uneducated or having such friends) who can be racists, but it is unusual, unacceptable by the others, and all such events are described in the press. Racism can be experienced more often in Western Europe in usual, educated people. Poland don't want to accept quotas of refugees from Arab countries now, because we live in XXI century and we can't say to those people that they have to move from warm Italy to post-communistic "racist" Poland, just because Poland has to obtain its quota. Where are the Human Rights? And rich Arab refugees from boats on Mediterranean Sea don't risk their lives to end up in Poland, are they? They want to meet other Arab people who already live in Germany and Great Britain, they don't have relatives in Poland. Moreover, we would rather accept refugees from far countries, if it would be possible to integrate them with us. Simple Arab people won't never learn our language. We don't want to have ghettos here. It will be much easier with Russian speaking countries, like Czechenia in the 90s'. Now, we have got nearly 2 millions Ukrainian immigrants after Crimea. They are not refugees, but their country is in war, what has got the influence to their economy. Poland decided to let them work here on easy-to-get temporary visas. THEY INTEGRATE, LEARN THE LANGUAGE, WORK, PAY TAXES AND SAVE MONEY TO BE ABLE TO MOVE TO THE UKRAINE AGAIN WITH NEW IDEAS AND PERSPECTIVES. Of course, Arab refugees are welcome to seek refugee status in Poland, too, but they have to want it. They can't be just sent to us by force.

Last edited:
I am completely against Abortion, I believe every child deserves a chance to live, thumps up from me Poland!

Only fanatics and Muslims disagree with science that human life begins at conception. You have to delve into "make your own religion" to get into when ensoulment happens and such splitting of hair. Human life does not begin at birth. There is no metamorphosis of a clump of cells that metamorphosize into a baby at birth.

Why was there a ban on human embryo research? Because human embryos are well... human.

I can't believe that three people on this forum think it's fine to force a woman to bear a child with spina bifida or even worse fetal abnormalities to term.

You're also, by taking this stance, effectively forcing another human being to be born into a world of pain.

I would be willing to bet none of you is a woman who has ever reared a child.

Yes and also what if the child is born with intellectual deficiencies so severe he can't experience life because his brain can't process anything and is almost brain dead? Taking a life deprives someone of being able to experience things but what's to be experienced if there's no capacity to become aware? The child would be an additional strain on the parents in many ways.

And rape victims forced to birth a child run the risk of going through an unwanted pregnancy which from this man's point of view seems very taxing, and there are businesses that don't allow paid maternity leave, so she gets sacked and faces unemployment.

An abortion ban could easily give rise to these two (of many) possible scenarios.

IMO I wouldn’t like been aborted.
Does anybody disagree?

IMO I wouldn’t like been aborted.
Does anybody disagree?

Many people aren't able to disagree because they are born with such drastic congenital diseases that the only thing they are capable of is the perception
of their suffering.

Or what about if your mother was the victim of a crime, and your conception was not consensual, would it be as clear cut then?

That isn't the question. The question is if you were born with an enlarged, fluid filled skull and an open spine, and had difficulty walking, and controlling your bladder and bowels, and so forth, would you wish you had never been born.

I can answer answer that one easily in the affirmative.

Ever been around a child with Tay Sachs? The people who rented a house next door had a child who had it.

The baby died young, mercifully, but while he was alive he lost the ability to see, to hear, to move, to chew, had constant seizures and suffered all in all the most horrific life you can imagine.

What his mother, in particular, endured is almost beyond description. I used to wonder how she kept her sanity. Just seeing it for a few hours at a time when I would go to help her was almost more than I could bear. It's things like this that made me lose my faith in a loving God.

I don't know how anyone with a heart could condemn either the baby or the parents to this hell on earth.

Many people aren't able to disagree because they are born with such drastic congenital diseases that the only thing they are capable of is the perception
of their suffering.

Or what about if your mother was the victim of a crime, and your conception was not consensual, would it be as clear cut then?

I wouldn’t like been aborted.

Leonardo Da Vinci was a love child.

I do agree with the 3 exceptions: Rape, Incest, and the life of the Mother.

That isn't the question. The question is if you were born with an enlarged, fluid filled skull and an open spine, and had difficulty walking, and controlling your bladder and bowels, and so forth, would you wish you had never been born.

I can answer answer that one easily in the affirmative.

Ever been around a child with Tay Sachs? The people who rented a house next door had a child who had it.

The baby died young, mercifully, but while he was alive he lost the ability to see, to hear, to move, to chew, had constant seizures and suffered all in all the most horrific life you can imagine.

What his mother, in particular, endured is almost beyond description. I used to wonder how she kept her sanity. Just seeing it for a few hours at a time when I would go to help her was almost more than I could bear. It's things like this that made me lose my faith in a loving God.

I don't know how anyone with a heart could condemn either the baby or the parents to this hell on earth.
In this case, I agree with you.
It’s the abuse of abortions, that give me pause, is causing an epic “Genocide”.

This thread has been viewed 33211 times.

Back