haplogroup DE

Maleth

Reaction score
Y-DNA haplogroup
EV13 A7136 y18675G+
mtDNA haplogroup
H
For the experts. Did haplogroup E split from paragroup DE*. If it did how come D and E have taken such opposite and extreme directions and characteristics? Would DE* have African or Asian origins, or is the whole thing still debated yet? Even wikipedia article is a little confusing. Any opinions?

IMO DE split in or near the Arabian Peninsula
same for BT, CT and CF
as the Nubian complex arrived from NE Africa in the Dhofar area >106 ka, which is prior to the BT split

the Nubian Complex would have led to the Emirian and the IUP
there is proof of presence of Nubian complex in or near Arabia from 106 ka till Emirian (45-50 ka)

IMO DE split in or near the Arabian Peninsula
same for BT, CT and CF
as the Nubian complex arrived from NE Africa in the Dhofar area >106 ka, which is prior to the BT split

the Nubian Complex would have led to the Emirian and the IUP
there is proof of presence of Nubian complex in or near Arabia from 106 ka till Emirian (45-50 ka)

Interesting thanks. Its is said that DE* is found in both Nigeria and Tibet (in very small quantities however significant). Would that mean that some branch of E was born in South West Asia and back migrated to Africa which is the main haplogroup there now? I understand this must have happened round about 50,000 ybp.

Interesting thanks. Its is said that DE* is found in both Nigeria and Tibet (in very small quantities however significant). Would that mean that some branch of E was born in South West Asia and back migrated to Africa which is the main haplogroup there now? I understand this must have happened round about 50,000 ybp.

yes, that is what I think, both B and E are backmigrations to Africa, and >50ka

interesting though, the Mota HG in Ethiopia 4.5 ka was E1b1a didn't have any Neanderthal ancestry, so E must have returned without

yes, that is what I think, both B and E are backmigrations to Africa, and >50ka

interesting though, the Mota HG in Ethiopia 4.5 ka was E1b1a didn't have any Neanderthal ancestry, so E must have returned without

thats very interesting thanks. Its also interesting how D (although there are many thousands of years in between) has evolved into something so diverse and different.....but that is also true for so many other haplogroups.

My guess would be that, wherever DE arose around the Red Sea, East Africa or Arabia peninsula, it spread around the on both side of the water body and probably moved around quite a bit over the millennia. Branches settled in Africa, others in Middle East, I would guess the D branch was the earliest to go East, hence why it is found in good number among Tibetans and Japonese.

My guess would be that, wherever DE arose around the Red Sea, East Africa or Arabia peninsula, it spread around the on both side of the water body and probably moved around quite a bit over the millennia. Branches settled in Africa, others in Middle East, I would guess the D branch was the earliest to go East, hence why it is found in good number among Tibetans and Japonese.

there were other modern humans in the east before the DE split, but they all got extinct (except maybe the DE*?)

I meant, the D branches was the first among the DE branches to go East, while the rest stuck around Red Sea or moved West. I should have been more precise.

Haplogroup D is found most among Jomon Japanese people, I came across that article at heritageofjapan website that talks about Phoenician/Japanese connection (Japanese language's origin is so far the most mysterious one), I quote:
Since 1978 the Japan Petroglyph Society have found no less than 3000 rocks with engravings throughout Japanese islands, scholarshiped by Government of Education and Cultures and Boards of Education.
It is to be noted that most of those 3000 engraved rocks are located in the precincts or at the summits of sacred hills, which have been worshipped by the native inhabitants probably since prehistoric ages.
The engraved stone tablets shown in photographs above were excavated at one of sanctuaries in Okinawa and are kept at the Governmental Museum of Okinawa prefecture, where since prehistoric ages about 12000 B.P. to 6500 B. P. “Sobata sea – people” used to dwell and build peculiar Okinawan cultures.
As seen in the pictures (see top of page), 2 big birds are engraved at the top of buildings (perhaps ancient types of shrines) and at the lower part of each building.
These will show a characteristic of Japanese petroglyphs and their religious sides, because even today at Okinawa native sea people have sincere faith and pious belief in the legendary homeland, “Nidai-Kanai” which is believed to have been located in a very far place in the ocean, where their ancestors lived happy life forever. Some scholar suppose that their legendary homeland must be the lost, sunken continent of Mu. We do not know exactly when the continent of Mu sank, but according to under sea archaeology, some kind of geological catastrophe must have happened in 12000 B.P. These dates correspond to the legendary Okinawan stories. The stone tablets tell complete stories of the Mu’s culture and religion at that time. These 12 stone tablets, kept at the Governmental Museum, will provide us clue’s to solve the enigmatic origins of human letters and languages. Another characteristic of the Japanese petroglyphs is that 30% of them could be deciphered with Proto-Sumerian and Sumerian cuneiforms. We do not know exactly why Japanese petroglyphs are related with Sumerian letters. The only thing we could suppose is that in the late prehistoric ages, Sumerian seafaring tribes threatened by Akkadians invasions fled to the seas. Some tribes reached prehistoric Japan, which the scholars who belong to The Epigraphic Society of Harvard University used to suggest at the ISAC and E.S. conference.Emeritus Prof. Barry Fell (late President of E.S.) was an outstanding leader of the theory, adding that he is sure the Sumerian seafaring people reached the Far East while other groups reached the Americas B.C.

Also, someone here mentioned
You are maybe descendant Phoenicians. D haplogroup is from Canaan, the son of Ham.

I have no idea where did he get that D is Phoenicians, I really would like to know but unfortunately his last post was two years ago?

This thread has been viewed 5181 times.

Back