Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29

Thread: Classify this man

  1. #1
    Regular Member srdceleva's Avatar
    Join Date
    19-06-16
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    411

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a-m458(L260)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U4b1b1

    Ethnic group
    75% Slovak, 25℅ American mix
    Country: Albania



    Classify this man



    how would you classify this person, and do you know who he is?

    armand assant 3.jpgarmand assante 1.jpg

  2. #2
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    18,977


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by srdceleva View Post
    how would you classify this person, and do you know who he is?

    armand assant 3.jpgarmand assante 1.jpg
    I can't play because I know who he is. Sorry. I think if I classify him I'll also give it away.

    I think he's stunning...


    Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

  3. #3
    Regular Member srdceleva's Avatar
    Join Date
    19-06-16
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    411

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a-m458(L260)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U4b1b1

    Ethnic group
    75% Slovak, 25℅ American mix
    Country: Albania



    yes I thought you would Angela . I really like him too, his movies are great.

  4. #4
    Elite member Dagne's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-04-11
    Location
    Vilnius
    Posts
    597


    Ethnic group
    Lithuanian
    Country: Lithuania



    1 members found this post helpful.
    This is how I imagine Italian being like...

  5. #5
    Regular Member Boreas's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-05-15
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    709

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-YP346
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1b1b1

    Ethnic group
    Rumî
    Country: Turkey



    Is he dinaric?

  6. #6
    Earl Maleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    22-03-14
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,919

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    EV13 A7136 y18675G+
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

    Country: Malta



    Spanish?..............

  7. #7
    Regular Member srdceleva's Avatar
    Join Date
    19-06-16
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    411

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a-m458(L260)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U4b1b1

    Ethnic group
    75% Slovak, 25℅ American mix
    Country: Albania



    A.S 1.jpg

    This is Armand Assante, he is an American Actor from Cornwall, New York. His father was an Italian American, i believe with ancestry from around Naples, and his mother was Irish american. To me he looks mainly southern Italian but in some pictures as the one above he has a bit of an Irish shape to his face and head a bit if that makes sense...Hes a great actor, I especially love him in the film Kidnapped!

    kidnapped.jpg

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    23-02-11
    Posts
    206


    Country: France



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagne View Post
    This is how I imagine Italian being like...
    I have observed that it's more a Southern Italian look.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    21-11-10
    Posts
    459

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13>CTS9320>Z38456

    Ethnic group
    Albanian
    Country: Switzerland



    Dinaric-Mediterranean

  10. #10
    Regular Member Carlos's Avatar
    Join Date
    26-09-11
    Posts
    2,669

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V22/YF66572
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c5c1

    Country: Spain



    Quote Originally Posted by Maleth View Post
    Spanish?..............
    It could be, when I saw it I found it familiar, it reminded me of someone I've known specifically Aragon.

  11. #11
    Regular Member Carlos's Avatar
    Join Date
    26-09-11
    Posts
    2,669

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V22/YF66572
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c5c1

    Country: Spain



    To avoid having to open another thread, classifies this man.

  12. #12
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    18,977


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    2 members found this post helpful.
    He looks very Mediterranean to me. At most angles I think he looks very Italian, which has unfortunately meant that he's often been type cast by Hollywood playing mobsters. Not that he hasn't been excellent in those roles, mind you. He did get to play other kinds of parts too. One was in a movie where he played Napoleon, and he was in 1492, and Kidnapped, as has been said.

    In that third picture he looks very Spanish to me, as Maleth and Carlos guessed. The picture is from a film where he played a Cuban band leader. It's called The Mambo Kings and also featured Antonio Banderas. It doesn't get much better than that for me. :) He was able, in that picture, to also showcase his musical talent. He's an excellent violinist, apparently, on top of everything else.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb0GfyPZRnw

    @Carlos,
    Unfortunately, his name appears when you click to enlarge.

    @Dagne,
    It's a very Italian look, but it's not the only Italian look. We have a lot of variation.

  13. #13
    Regular Member Carlos's Avatar
    Join Date
    26-09-11
    Posts
    2,669

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V22/YF66572
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c5c1

    Country: Spain



    Attachment 8096

    Attachment 8097

    Attachment 8098
    Well, I wish they classified my maternal grandfather. Thank you. I know that some images are blurred copies are mobile.

  14. #14
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    18,977


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    Attachment 8096

    Attachment 8097

    Attachment 8098
    Well, I wish they classified my maternal grandfather. Thank you. I know that some images are blurred copies are mobile.
    Atlanto-Med, perhaps? Heavier on the Mediterranean, though. His looks changed in mid-life, and he looks just more Med there.

    It's very nice you use your grandfather's picture as your avatar. :)

  15. #15
    Regular Member srdceleva's Avatar
    Join Date
    19-06-16
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    411

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a-m458(L260)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U4b1b1

    Ethnic group
    75% Slovak, 25℅ American mix
    Country: Albania



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    Attachment 8096

    Attachment 8097

    Attachment 8098
    Well, I wish they classified my maternal grandfather. Thank you. I know that some images are blurred copies are mobile.
    he looks very spanish. he looks very med too but i wouldnt guess italian only spanish.

  16. #16
    Regular Member srdceleva's Avatar
    Join Date
    19-06-16
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    411

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a-m458(L260)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U4b1b1

    Ethnic group
    75% Slovak, 25℅ American mix
    Country: Albania



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    He looks very Mediterranean to me. At most angles I think he looks very Italian, which has unfortunately meant that he's often been type cast by Hollywood playing mobsters. Not that he hasn't been excellent in those roles, mind you. He did get to play other kinds of parts too. One was in a movie where he played Napoleon, and he was in 1492, and Kidnapped, as has been said.

    In that third picture he looks very Spanish to me, as Maleth and Carlos guessed. The picture is from a film where he played a Cuban band leader. It's called The Mambo Kings and also featured Antonio Banderas. It doesn't get much better than that for me. :) He was able, in that picture, to also showcase his musical talent. He's an excellent violinist, apparently, on top of everything else.



    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb0GfyPZRnw

    @Carlos,
    Unfortunately, his name appears when you click to enlarge.

    @Dagne,
    It's a very Italian look, but it's not the only Italian look. We have a lot of variation.
    yes he has a very Italian look considering that hes only half. However, i could also see him well as a frenchman from southern france. Hes got a great face though for dramatic roles, im suprised hes not more famous than he is.

  17. #17
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    18,977


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by srdceleva View Post
    yes he has a very Italian look considering that hes only half. However, i could also see him well as a frenchman from southern france. Hes got a great face though for dramatic roles, im suprised hes not more famous than he is.
    Yes, southern French or Spanish as well, as others have said. Maybe it was because of Hollywood typecasting. He also had a very urban U.S. kind of voice, and it seems that unlike a lot of actors he wasn't able to alter it very much.

    I think the Italian/Belgian actor Fabrizio Rongione has similar eyes and nose, but the resemblance is only from certain angles.



    The Italians and the French share a border and borders are porous. :)

    Jean Claude Killy and Claudio Marchisio-not so different I think, although certainly not identical



    Actually, Stefano Casiraghi, who was all northern Italian, unlike Marchisio, is probably closer. So sad what happened to him...


    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Angela; 13-10-16 at 22:38.

  18. #18
    Regular Member Carlos's Avatar
    Join Date
    26-09-11
    Posts
    2,669

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V22/YF66572
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c5c1

    Country: Spain



    Attachment 8102Attachment 8103Attachment 8100Attachment 8101

    Classify this young, The girl is the same in all three photos

  19. #19
    Regular Member Boreas's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-05-15
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    709

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-YP346
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1b1b1

    Ethnic group
    Rumî
    Country: Turkey



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    To avoid having to open another thread, classifies this man.
    He looks Levantean-Iranian, not Med

  20. #20
    Earl Maleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    22-03-14
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,919

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    EV13 A7136 y18675G+
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

    Country: Malta



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    It could be, when I saw it I found it familiar, it reminded me of someone I've known specifically Aragon.
    indeed, and I said it so promptly as it reminds me of a Spanish friend from Valencia....nearly spitting image accept he got short hair. :)

  21. #21
    Regular Member srdceleva's Avatar
    Join Date
    19-06-16
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    411

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a-m458(L260)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U4b1b1

    Ethnic group
    75% Slovak, 25℅ American mix
    Country: Albania



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Yes, southern French or Spanish as well, as others have said. Maybe it was because of Hollywood typecasting. He also had a very urban U.S. kind of voice, and it seems that unlike a lot of actors he wasn't able to alter it very much.

    I think the Italian/Belgian actor Fabrizio Rongione has similar eyes and nose, but the resemblance is only from certain angles.



    The Italians and the French share a border and borders are porous. :)

    Jean Claude Killy and Claudio Marchisio-not so different I think, although certainly not identical



    Actually, Stefano Casiraghi, who was all northern Italian, unlike Marchisio, is probably closer. So sad what happened to him...


    Its something with the eyes definitely. Everybody keeps saying they see Spanish, but idk maybe because I lived in ny for five years his face just screams Italian too me so I can't see the Spanish so much. Italians are some how just good look people I think, despite having rather larger noses I've always thought them to be a good looking people. They have larger features but at the same time they are fine featured and obviously good complexions make a difference

  22. #22
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    18,977


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    I think those of us who can easily see Assante as Spanish have these kinds of looks in mind. Despite the insanity going on at various anthrofora, there's quite a bit of overlap in the Southern European populations in terms of phenotype, alongside some looks that are quite particular and unique.

    Miguel Angel Silvestre:


    Alex Gonzalez...


    Gael Garcia Bernal...Mexican, but I don't really see Amerindian in him.


  23. #23
    Regular Member srdceleva's Avatar
    Join Date
    19-06-16
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    411

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a-m458(L260)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U4b1b1

    Ethnic group
    75% Slovak, 25℅ American mix
    Country: Albania



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    I think those of us who can easily see Assante as Spanish have these kinds of looks in mind. Despite the insanity going on at various anthrofora, there's quite a bit of overlap in the Southern European populations in terms of phenotype, alongside some looks that are quite particular and unique.

    Miguel Angel Silvestre:


    Alex Gonzalez...


    Gael Garcia Bernal...Mexican, but I don't really see Amerindian in him.

    See Silvestre looks very Italian to me, and so does the last guy. The middle one looks hmm too western to be Italian he looks almost anglo. Yes there is definitley overlap I still see Assante as more of a distinct Italian look to me.

  24. #24
    Moderator Pax Augusta's Avatar
    Join Date
    23-06-14
    Location
    Ara Pacis
    Posts
    1,248


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: Italy



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by srdceleva View Post
    See Silvestre looks very Italian to me, and so does the last guy. The middle one looks hmm too western to be Italian he looks almost anglo. Yes there is definitley overlap I still see Assante as more of a distinct Italian look to me.
    None of these looks very Italian to me.

  25. #25
    Regular Member Carlos's Avatar
    Join Date
    26-09-11
    Posts
    2,669

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V22/YF66572
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c5c1

    Country: Spain



    1 members found this post helpful.
    This Valencian actor Pepe Sancho reminds me Assante, egg that look a little fall and all the essence.

    Attachment 8123Attachment 8124


    Italian Silvestre nothing, looks very Spanish, the boy from the same center, the Mexican actor best actor of the three we see very amerindio even if a phenotype not Native American.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •