E1b1b is black?

Status
Not open for further replies.
E1b1b in Europe is 90% of the European E-V13, while in the Middle East it is a completely different kind E-M123 and E-V22 and in North Africa is E-M81 and E1b is not Black not even a bit, E1a is( if it had anything to do with skin) :) Male haplogroup has nothing to do at all with the way you look, you could be B and look like Son of Odin or I1 and look like well like the rapper Nas ( he is I1 BTW) :)

You're exactly right, so I don't know why anyone would even be bringing this up at this late date.

If i suspect my uncle is E1b1b and want to find out. would i be better off going with 23andme or FTDNA ?
hes on ancestry.com only thus far. Or is there a better company for east african DNA ?
Thanks

If i suspect my uncle is E1b1b and want to find out. would i be better off going with 23andme or FTDNA ?
hes on ancestry.com only thus far. Or is there a better company for east african DNA ?
Thanks
Is your uncle from Africa, or his ancestors within 6 generations? Remember that Y DNA is only 2% of whole DNA. Plus, E1b1b is not necessarily African in origin, it's been found in Near East 16 kya in Natufian culture of first farmers. Before that we can only speculate.

E1b1b can be light skin, blond and with blue or green eyes, or black skin with curly hair, it is said to be 2% of DNA but has a very determining characteristic its permanence in time in the patrilineal part, something similar happens with the mitochondrial DNA in the matrilineal part, it is that simple and I think that more solid than the labeling movement of the autosomic DNA easily manipulable, time will tell.

There is also a taboo with North Africa, despite the fact that there are important cultural differences, for example in Morocco was bell-shaped culture, belonged to the Roman Empire, had Germanic invasions, is 13 km from the Iberian peninsula, I do not say that it belongs or not to Europe, but that they are close and should not be taboo.

Indeed, with the importance of the bell-shaped culture that is practically said to have been the diffuser of the Indo-European languages, little is said in these forums of this bell-shaped culture in northern Africa, although only as a culture and not as a genetic influence, that that only occurred in the center and north of Europe, as we are told.

I heard on some internet forums that the inhabitants of North Africa are white because of other haplogroups present in their blood as I, R and J, and not because of haplogroup E1b1b. It's true?

Y-DNA and mtDNA have nothing to do with your physical appearance. That is dictated by your autosomal DNA.

Autosomico changes with the weather.

At first we were all black.

Autosomico changes with the weather.
Seems like you use Google translate. Do you mean, that Autosomal DNA slowly evolves to fit environment, which includes climatic zones?

At first we were all black.
Yes, there is a little doubt that first homo sapiens were black and developed in Africa.

Seems like you use Google translate. Do you mean, that Autosomal DNA slowly evolves to fit environment, which includes climatic zones?

Yes, there is a little doubt that first homo sapiens were black and developed in Africa.
Autosomico changes rapidly compared to halpgrupo Y, in Europe there is a tremendous climatic variation, as well as solar radiation, the British islands for example, they receive little sun, because the days are shorter, because it is almost always cloudy, because they are more at north and the sun rays are more inclined, however in the Iberian peninsula where the days are longer it hardly rains for the most part, I think this is what most affects the autosomal DNA, it is curious that the clearest people chose the north of Europe to live, will not be the other way around ?, living in northern Europe and becoming clearer.

And the same thing happens with Europe in general, Europe long populated to have undergone an adaptation (mutations) to the climate of the north of euro and a daptaci?n (mutations) to the climate of the south of europe, of simple.

As far as where the Indo-European language came to be, I think it will never be known, at the moment the only certain thing is that in certain places old texts exist in which a language belonging to this family was spoken, but nothing more.

Is your uncle from Africa, or his ancestors within 6 generations? Remember that Y DNA is only 2% of whole DNA. Plus, E1b1b is not necessarily African in origin, it's been found in Near East 16 kya in Natufian culture of first farmers. Before that we can only speculate.
I should have said that my great grandfather was born in east africa, and i wanted to find out if his ydna is very typical of were he came from or not. because i did find something in my research that said his line may have started with a guy from either portugal or the middle east.
So i want to get into this a little bit

In regards to pigmentation, this is what Insitome has to say about it:

Humans evolved in Africa, the most tropical continent on Earth. When your ancestors lost their primate fur and moved out onto the African savannas, their skin was exposed to a tremendous amount of sunlight. In order to survive this assault from damaging solar radiation, their skin became darker through the production of melanin. This is the ancestral state for our species — every person alive 200,000 years ago had darkly pigmented skin, like sub-Saharan Africans today. During our migration out of the tropics into Eurasia beginning 60,000 years ago, we lost some of this pigmentation as an adaptation to the lower sun intensity at higher latitudes. It turns out that sunlight is necessary for the deeper layers of your skin to produce vitamin D — without this critical nutrient your bones become weak and brittle, and your ancestors’ diets didn’t include much of it. Mutations that reduced the amount of pigmentation in the skin of people living in northern latitudes were advantageous, and became widespread. One of the genes regulating pigmentation is melanocortin receptor 1, or MC1R. Modern humans have several mutations in this gene that are associated with fair or red hair and lighter skin, and it appears that your Neanderthal cousins had similar (but unique) changes in the MC1R gene. One of these Neanderthal MC1R variants was introduced into modern human population when humans interbred with Neanderthals, and the advantage it conferred to its carriers caused it to increase in frequency, such that today is widespread in modern non-African populations, particularly in East Asians and Native Americans. Another gene responsible for regulating pigmentation is oculocutaneous albinism 2, or OCA2. It is also associated with fair or red hair and lighter skin and like MC1R has a unique Neanderthal version. Today, OCA2 is widespread in modern Eurasian populations, particularly in East Asia.

Pigmentation depends upon the genes MC1R, or OCA2.

Edit: Further materials regarding genes that dictate pigmentation, and sun damage repair:

Pigmentation

MC1R
https://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/gene/MC1R

OCA2
https://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/gene/OCA2

//

Sun Damage Repair

C4orf45
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/gene/152940

IFRD2
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/gene/7866

NAT6
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/gene/24142

ZYMND10
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3738835/

SEMA3B
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/gene/7869

HYAL2
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/gene/8692

HYAL1
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/gene/3373

RASSF1
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/gene/11186

CYB561D2
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/gene/11068

NPRL2
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/gene/10641

TUSC2
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/gene/11334

//

Jovialis,

We have lots of threads on pigmentation if you're interested. Just use the search engine. The two most important are SLC 24A5 and SLC 45A2 derived.

Interestingly, I just read that a paper will be coming out that has found some ancestral SLC 24A5 in, I think, the San. I also remember reading that SSA people right around the equator have selected for more melanin. I suppose that means that perhaps the people who left Africa might have been more San like in pigmentation, but that would need a lot more study and ancient samples from Africa, which may never be available given how hard it is to get ancient dna there. Still, by American standards, the San are still "black" even if not literally black skinned.

6ea1b76cee748930fbd359626fcc63ba.jpg

I should have said that my great grandfather was born in east africa, and i wanted to find out if his ydna is very typical of were he came from or not. because i did find something in my research that said his line may have started with a guy from either portugal or the middle east.
So i want to get into this a little bit
I see. East Africa is rich in this haplogroup, though for me it is more likely that it moved to Africa from Near East with Neolithic Farmers, Bronze Age conquerors and Arab Conquests. So it could have Levant/Afro-Asiatic origin, not Black African. However, we have to wait for ancient samples from East Africa to be certain. We have not much yet.
Having said that, it is not seldom to see Black or Brown Africans from East Africa with E1b1b, or R1b from Central Africa. People move and mix, you know. ;)

Jovialis,

We have lots of threads on pigmentation if you're interested. Just use the search engine. The two most important are SLC 24A5 and SLC 45A2 derived.

Interestingly, I just read that a paper will be coming out that has found some ancestral SLC 24A5 in, I think, the San. I also remember reading that SSA people right around the equator have selected for more melanin. I suppose that means that perhaps the people who left Africa might have been more San like in pigmentation, but that would need a lot more study and ancient samples from Africa, which may never be available given how hard it is to get ancient dna there. Still, by American standards, the San are still "black" even if not literally black skinned.

That's probably the case, considering the darker pigmentation arose after pre-humans lost fur. It would have probably been closer to that skin tone, and then became even darker for the people that stayed behind near the equator in Africa over time.

That's probably the case, considering the darker pigmentation arose after pre-humans lost fur. It would have probably been closer to that skin tone, and then became even darker for the people that stayed behind near the equator in Africa over time.
Our ape cousins supposedly have pink skin under their fur. As you said, brown and black colour developed after we lost fur, mainly for skin cancer protection.

Suppose that a current population of Morocco of about 20,000 people E1B1B and Halogrupo gather and move to Siberia, what years do they need to change their autosomic tags? or the phenotype? I understand that not a long time, however would still be E1B1B ?, I insist and I have already said I am not an expert in genetics, simply an amateur who likes the topics covered in these forums.Adapting to extreme cold, extreme heat, lack of light, etc., I consider them to be natural and at the same time brutal processes, since individuals who do not adapt do not survive, then there are a number of civilization issues such as invention of agriculture, which I understand had an impressive impact on the autosomical DNA, agriculture changed everything, I do not know whether by migrations of farmers from the fertile crescent or cultural transmission to neighbors and these to their neighbors and so progressively, the cultural transmission of agriculture by itself without emigration, only cultural transmission I think the genetic impact was brutal.I think that agriculture was transmitted culturally as I do not see a mass of people from the Middle East moving to the Iberian peninsula.Rather they learned to cultivate and these impacted on the DNA.To live in Europe for homo sapiens to be something terrible needing the Neardental to achieve it, as it has been said previously that, I had no knowledge and I find it surprising.Even a Spanish speaker can write in English through google may over time also have its autosomal impact, well this is a joke ... or not.

I think another thing to consider about the Sans people and West Africans are their admixture with other ancient Hominds.
For example, inter-mixture with Homo Erectus, and possibly Homo Naledi. Just like the way Neanderthal has influenced the appearance of Eurasians; I think so too have other hominids influenced Africans.

I know Homo Naledi was discovered near south Africa. The Sans are from south Africa as well.
S2HYE81m.jpg

MA5riHwm.jpg

Our ape cousins supposedly have pink skin under their fur. As you said, brown and black colour developed after we lost fur, mainly for skin cancer protection.
Gorillas and bonobos have black skin and both live in the equatorial region. Chimps have either white/pink or dark skin and live further north.

Jovialis,

The San woman in this picture looks almost like a dark East Asian, like in some Burmese tribes. The slanted eyes are found in some but not all San people. I wonder if that trait was found in the ancestral Homo sapiens before they left Africa and that genetic drift kept it only in East Asians.

The San woman in this picture looks almost like a dark East Asian, like in some Burmese tribes. The slanted eyes are found in some but not all San people. I wonder if that trait was found in the ancestral Homo sapiens before they left Africa and that genetic drift kept it only in East Asians.

EDAR is a recent mutation.

Also do we know if E was born in a SSA african population or does E predate the split between Africans and Eurasians and the branch found in Eurasians originated in a population that was something basal to basal eurasians like some people have hypothesized?

This thread remind
Me the days of the stupid site
Apricity....
Is e1b1b1 caucasoid white ?
Lol😅
E1b1b and e1b1a splitt long time
Ago ...
And than e1b1b1 splitt even farther
To other branches... e- m78
and e-m123 and e-m81...
But yes the point of start of E1b1b
Was in ethiopia horn area....

P.s
It is very likely that the E tribes spread in west
And south africa
They reduced the number of the paleo-african haplogroups : A and B
Today we see them in pockets 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 38596 times.

Back